Deception

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

a3m24ie

Oct 10, 2010
The enemy has done SUCH a good job of deceiving this generation, and unfortunately he has done it even within the church (ESPECIALLY within the church, really).
So I've compiled a small list of verses where it specifically says "Do not be deceived..."

- "Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God." (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)

- "Do not be deceived: 'Bad company corrupts good morals.'" (1 Corinthians 15:33)

- "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life." (Galatians 6:7-8)

- "When lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death. Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow. (James 1:15-17)

bigape

May 22, 2008
Hello a3m24ie

What is even more telling, are the three ways we can “deceive ourselves”........
--------------------------------------------------
By thinking that we are smarter than the Blble.....
1 Corinthians 3:18
“Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.”
By thinking that we have no sin in our lives.......
1 John 1:8 “If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.”
By exposing ourselves to the Bible, but not obeying it........
James 1:22 “But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.”

religusnut

Oct 19, 2010
The enemy has done SUCH a good job of deceiving this generation, and unfortunately he has done it even within the church (ESPECIALLY within the church, really).
So I've compiled a small list of verses where it specifically says "Do not be deceived..."

- "Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God." (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)

- "Do not be deceived: 'Bad company corrupts good morals.'" (1 Corinthians 15:33)

- "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life." (Galatians 6:7-8)

- "When lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death. Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow. (James 1:15-17)

What does 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 say about homosexual preachers? That is how deceived and messed up people are. Those in the Church will rally around that kind of mess and protect their feelings rather than tell them the truth and show it to them in the Word of God.

Whether people like to hear it or not it when you use the Bible says...... it is going to make a tough argument for them to deny knowing when they stand before their judge. If we stand there and just love them without telling them I wonder what we are going to have to say when we stand before that same master. Also wonder how they are going to feel when they know that we knew and did not tell them. Just sayin.

The Bible teaches that the truth will set us free.

Usually though we have to get over being mad at hearing it before it can.

Normally the first thing is does is make us very angry because we have accepted a lie as our truth and we have to unlearn what we know to make way to receive truth.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 say about homosexual preachers? That is how deceived and messed up people are. Those in the Church will rally around that kind of mess and protect their feelings rather than tell them the truth and show it to them in the Word of God.

Whether people like to hear it or not it when you use the Bible says...... it is going to make a tough argument for them to deny knowing when they stand before their judge. If we stand there and just love them without telling them I wonder what we are going to have to say when we stand before that same master. Also wonder how they are going to feel when they know that we knew and did not tell them. Just sayin.

The Bible teaches that the truth will set us free.

Usually though we have to get over being mad at hearing it before it can.

Normally the first thing is does is make us very angry because we have accepted a lie as our truth and we have to unlearn what we know to make way to receive truth.

So, what should be done? Are you advocating ministers should be free of vice? I can tell you, I've only know one man who was a homosexual clergyman and he was fired for it, but I've known 2 dozen ministers that are arrogant - and they are all still working......

I am just wondering what your solution is?

Peace