Deciding on a name change.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mcdanielnc89

Dec 9, 2007
Hello fellow CB members,I'm coming to you on behalf of a website i run and own. It's called New Breed Jesus Freaks. Now, We've been open for over 5 years and haven't had much luck with recruiting a "FULL SQUAD" of Christian people. it seems as if our name is scaring people away perhaps? So, I'd like some of your opnions for a couple alternative names.I have.Jesus Fanatics as a solution...would this name fit better than the current one?

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Well, for the most part, this is a study board and many of us are not much into emotionalism, although I'm sure I do not speak for everyone. But those who do I find get frustrated when we lay down bible facts.A new breed of Jesus Freaks is indeed a resurrection of an old Jesus culture. Just what do you want to recruit Christians for? As for myself, even I am a little young for the Jesus Freaks days (I'm 49). I jokingly refer to myself as the Hippy's kid brother. I think only 50-something into 60's age group people can relate to Jesus Freak days.

epistemaniac

Aug 13, 2008
lol... if "Jesus Freaks" scared people, I do not think "Jesus Fanatics" will be of any comfort... it sounds, to me anyways.... just as "radical"... not that this is a bad thing, its just that I do not see much of a difference between the 2 names in so far as one being more "tame" than the other....what is your web site geared towards more than anything else...? or is it geared towards anything in particular? this would be helpful in trying to figure out other names.... a site I ran for a number of years was geared towards the study of systematic theology, though we had sections for prayer requests, more personal Koinonia type of activities.... but our name was simply "Christian Forums", so we did not gear our name towards what our focus really was per se... but this was when forums were really just taking off, now that name is just too generic..... which leads me back to the question as to what your particular forum sees as their niche among the myriad of Christian Forums on the net today....well I hope your forum takes off and the Lord uses it mightily for His kingom, and that you find a good name for it as well...blessingskenps "Jesus Freak" is not a term limited to the "Jesus Movement". "Jesus Freak" is also a term popularized especially by the band DC Talk and their hugely successful "Jesus Freak" album of 1995, as well as being a non-pejorative term embraced by a younger generation describing their unabashed enthusiasm for their faith, and the fact that they love Jesus despite what the secular culture may think of them. A line from the song says, "What will people think when they hear that I'm a Jesus Freak? What will people do when they find that it's true? I don't really care if they label me a Jesus Freak. There ain't no disguising the truth." see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Freak Its a good chance that any of the younger people who see this phrase do not even know about the Jesus Movement, and simply attribute the phrase to the DC Talk album, or perhaps the name of a book by the members of DC Talk on Christian devotion, or books on Christian martyrs. http://www.amazon.com/s?url=search-alias%3...s+freak&x=0&y=0