Manipulation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you would have told me a couple of years ago I would be where I am now, I wouldn't have believed it. I never saw this coming. An small army is building around us. It's been a year and the end result will be decided in court; one day soon. Court isn't somewhere I wanted to go but it was decided for me. There was no other option given. There is a lot to be lost due to lies and manipulation. The people involved are gathering their case and it becomes, not about us anymore but all of them, divided, against each other. Law suits start flying over petty things like "they ruined my good name on Facebook so I'll sue them". People sneaking and going through each other's cars. Accusations of buying out judges. Pride and boasting of "I own this town". Deceit. Hatred. Spite. And manipulation. When they have nothing, they make it up and lay the burden of proof on the other person. Every week someone new gets pulled into the insanity. What I see are a bunch of people running scared trampling over each other out of fear. For some reason God has stuck us right in the middle of it with a new warning coming of "they are manipulating and dirty, ya'll better watch your backs."

A couple of years ago I would have ran scared to death and attempted to force the final outcome. I would have manipulated and plotted and would have grasped and done whatever necessary to make sure the best chance of winning. I would have drove myself crazy with worry in watching everyone's steps and assuming and blaming and accusing. I would have done whatever it takes out of desperation and the fear of possibly suffering a major loss, looking back over my shoulder and wishing I would have done more....wishing I would have planned more and plotted more. We've been told now that even our attorney has been bought and is not for our best interest. We could get a new attorney, but I believe a monkey could represent us in court and it wouldn't matter. What God wants to happen, it will happen. He is the real judge, after all. I have two choices: trust Him in whatever He is doing which I truly believe is to reveal himself to some freigtened people. Or manipulate the outcome myself out of fear that I might lose.

Do God's children run frightened by circumstances in their life? We read His word. We know what it says. It is no joke. It is no fairytale. "Perfect love(Christ) casts out fear". We are no longer supposed to fear evil. We either stand on the truth or the truth becomes empty words that we recite but don't really believe. When God is with us, why waste energy and life manipulating our outcome?

Philippians 1:28-29
[28] And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God. [29] For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Do you have a testimony of standing on the truth? Belief in: Romans 8:31
[31] What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Interesting post. I've lived this.
Someone who owns a company, the actual owner, did a small job for us about 15 years ago. He came to my door and asked for 2,000E (about 2,000$) instead of the 800 he had originally asked for. Standing on principle, and since he did no extra work, I told him I'd give him only the 800.

He sued us. He made one of his employees say he worked for three days at my house. Planning and manipulation and also including others. It ended up costing us 10,000E because here you also have to pay the expenses of the other side, so two lawyers.

I learned not to care. The judge was an idiot and made big mistakes. My atty asked if I wanted to appeal the case. No!

God gave me peace about it. I can think about it with no feeling. Whatever happens in your case, it will eventually be forgotten by you and life goes on.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." Matt 6:33-34

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you would have told me a couple of years ago I would be where I am now, I wouldn't have believed it. I never saw this coming. An small army is building around us. It's been a year and the end result will be decided in court; one day soon. Court isn't somewhere I wanted to go but it was decided for me. There was no other option given. There is a lot to be lost due to lies and manipulation. The people involved are gathering their case and it becomes, not about us anymore but all of them, divided, against each other. Law suits start flying over petty things like "they ruined my good name on Facebook so I'll sue them". People sneaking and going through each other's cars. Accusations of buying out judges. Pride and boasting of "I own this town". Deceit. Hatred. Spite. And manipulation. When they have nothing, they make it up and lay the burden of proof on the other person. Every week someone new gets pulled into the insanity. What I see are a bunch of people running scared trampling over each other out of fear. For some reason God has stuck us right in the middle of it with a new warning coming of "they are manipulating and dirty, ya'll better watch your backs."

A couple of years ago I would have ran scared to death and attempted to force the final outcome. I would have manipulated and plotted and would have grasped and done whatever necessary to make sure the best chance of winning. I would have drove myself crazy with worry in watching everyone's steps and assuming and blaming and accusing. I would have done whatever it takes out of desperation and the fear of possibly suffering a major loss, looking back over my shoulder and wishing I would have done more....wishing I would have planned more and plotted more. We've been told now that even our attorney has been bought and is not for our best interest. We could get a new attorney, but I believe a monkey could represent us in court and it wouldn't matter. What God wants to happen, it will happen. He is the real judge, after all. I have two choices: trust Him in whatever He is doing which I truly believe is to reveal himself to some freigtened people. Or manipulate the outcome myself out of fear that I might lose.

Do God's children run frightened by circumstances in their life? We read His word. We know what it says. It is no joke. It is no fairytale. "Perfect love(Christ) casts out fear". We are no longer supposed to fear evil. We either stand on the truth or the truth becomes empty words that we recite but don't really believe. When God is with us, why waste energy and life manipulating our outcome?

[28] And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God. [29] For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

[31] What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Goodness, where do you live!!!
Bless your heart. ❤️

Agree, Christian's don't run in fear. But we are told to be- "wise as serpents, but harmless as doves."

If I was surrounded by wolves, I'd know when it was wise to climb a tree and escape from them.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Goodness, where do you live!!!
Bless your heart. ❤️

Agree, Christian's don't run in fear. But we are told to be- "wise as serpents, but harmless as doves."

If I was surrounded by wolves, I'd know when it was wise to climb a tree and escape from them.

Salisbury, North Carolina. There's the notion of entitlement and plenty of misery-loves-company everywhere, even in small towns.

"Wise as serpents and harmless as doves." What does it mean to be wise as serpents?

Reactions: pia

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

YES! In 2006 I made a decision to Keep the Sabbath according to what God established, based on Teaching I believe was Supplied to My Wife and Myself After Truly wanting the Truth. Now throughout My Life My brother who was GREAT at Manipulating, Deceiving, and Having the Ability to Turn thing's on the Innocent, and Making His Family Look as though they were Guiltless. Anyway I felt that I should at least try to Share what I believed to be Good Teaching's with them, [ Yes I hoped they would turn from their wickedness]. Because I Lived in Idaho and they and My Parent's lived in California, I was not able to SEE for myself what was happening with my Mom, they went through much trouble to convince me that they Had truly excepted the Truth, and were living a life in Christ, They would Call every Sabbath and tell Me what was going on with my parents and it was always Fine. Then one day my brother called me and said! you might want to call Mom, But she probably won't be able to hear you because see is in a Coma. It was to Late to tell Her I loved Her ! Well by keeping the Sabbath and using My Vacation Days to do so, I Had to change Job's, which cost me Everything, we lost our home and land, so we left Idaho to the Desert in Arizona, for all we had was a tent, to cold to tent in Idaho, LOL, So now we were closer to Calif, then they sent me a Trac-phone, paid for it and everything, and still kept in touch on the Sabbath, well after a year of living on the Desert, we decided to go Visit My Dad Before He Passed, well on the way I called my brother that I was going to Visit Him, and He became very Quite, then asked where I was, and I was about 7 hours form my dads place, then He informed me that they were living with My Dad. My Brother, His Wife, and their Son. The Next Morning when I saw My Dad, You Could see the Hate In His Eye's, My Wife knew after two weeks that we had been Conned, for 7 year's they Deceived us, only to gain Favor with My Dad to get The Inheritance, we stayed for Two month's then we Had to leave,their Cruelty was all but destructive, it took me two years to truly forgive them, But I cannot have any more to do with them. My Dad died in Jan of 2016, 6 month's later, My brother died in Aug, God will always punish those that are wicked, I have learned that what we have can be taken, But What God want's us to Have can not be snatched away by Man. I have lost much in this world, and as Paul state's, I consider it Dung, compared to what I have with Hope, in Faith, in Messiah!
I have lost nothing, But I Have Gained Strength through Messiah, who Strengthens Me!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salisbury, North Carolina. There's the notion of entitlement and plenty of misery-loves-company everywhere, even in small towns.

"Wise as serpents and harmless as doves." What does it mean to be wise as serpents?

Wise as serpents…in society/community be undetected, detect danger and move into hiding before it is upon you, be decisive and deliberate when making a motion, be prepared to defend yourself as a last resort, survive and avoid your main predators and threats.

APAK

Reactions: quietthinker

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YES! In 2006 I made a decision to Keep the Sabbath according to what God established, based on Teaching I believe was Supplied to My Wife and Myself After Truly wanting the Truth. Now throughout My Life My brother who was GREAT at Manipulating, Deceiving, and Having the Ability to Turn thing's on the Innocent, and Making His Family Look as though they were Guiltless. Anyway I felt that I should at least try to Share what I believed to be Good Teaching's with them, [ Yes I hoped they would turn from their wickedness]. Because I Lived in Idaho and they and My Parent's lived in California, I was not able to SEE for myself what was happening with my Mom, they went through much trouble to convince me that they Had truly excepted the Truth, and were living a life in Christ, They would Call every Sabbath and tell Me what was going on with my parents and it was always Fine. Then one day my brother called me and said! you might want to call Mom, But she probably won't be able to hear you because see is in a Coma. It was to Late to tell Her I loved Her ! Well by keeping the Sabbath and using My Vacation Days to do so, I Had to change Job's, which cost me Everything, we lost our home and land, so we left Idaho to the Desert in Arizona, for all we had was a tent, to cold to tent in Idaho, LOL, So now we were closer to Calif, then they sent me a Trac-phone, paid for it and everything, and still kept in touch on the Sabbath, well after a year of living on the Desert, we decided to go Visit My Dad Before He Passed, well on the way I called my brother that I was going to Visit Him, and He became very Quite, then asked where I was, and I was about 7 hours form my dads place, then He informed me that they were living with My Dad. My Brother, His Wife, and their Son. The Next Morning when I saw My Dad, You Could see the Hate In His Eye's, My Wife knew after two weeks that we had been Conned, for 7 year's they Deceived us, only to gain Favor with My Dad to get The Inheritance, we stayed for Two month's then we Had to leave,their Cruelty was all but destructive, it took me two years to truly forgive them, But I cannot have any more to do with them. My Dad died in Jan of 2016, 6 month's later, My brother died in Aug, God will always punish those that are wicked, I have learned that what we have can be taken, But What God want's us to Have can not be snatched away by Man. I have lost much in this world, and as Paul state's, I consider it Dung, compared to what I have with Hope, in Faith, in Messiah!
I have lost nothing, But I Have Gained Strength through Messiah, who Strengthens Me!

Truth, I am so sorry you have had to suffer such loss of family. There is no way I can fully understand all you have endured since I haven't lived it: but God knows and God sees. For God to open your families eyes to the truth is probably what you wanted more than anything (I am assuming). And you could finally share with them how awesome and wonderful God is and they would agree. I'm sure losing money, home and possessions were nothing compared to the pain of rejection by your own family members. You may not realize it but you did show them how awesome and wonderful God is. YES ours is a treasure that can not be removed or fade away. I have to ask you, who did God use the most to shape and mold you into the image of His Son? What did God use the most to chisel away all the jagged edges that kept you from fitting perfectly into His temple as a cut, true stone? Was it not those close to you? Your brother, your mom, your father? Judgement has been given to us, how will we judge?

2 Timothy 4:16-17
[16] At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge. [17] Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

though there are times when the Lord would get you out of a situation or circumstance, but more often then not He just walks you through it. when I first came to the Lord one guy used words from a song, first there is a mountain then there is no mountain then there is. though its not necessarily a Christian song the point is there.

even when you read about the Lord taking Israel out of Egypt He didn't flatten Egypt in to oblivion though Egypt suffered the harden heart of Pharaoh, and He didn't remove the desert from them He even lead them to places that had no water and the like. they had no real supply of sustenance until the manna. so on and so forth. no one that has come to the Lord is going to get out of the experience of death, but the Lord will be with you.

B

Butterfly

I have never had to go to court, but I have had to make a stand within my marriage at times. When I became pregnant with my fourth child my ex wanted to sue the doctor. I had become pregnant after being sterilised. My ex had been told he could make thousands, and he wanted a new computer ect !
I did recognise that the doctors had made a mistake, but I had been blessed with another child while my twin brother and his wife had lost five in pregnancy. I simply wasn't willing to put a doctor through that - so I stood my ground , told my husband he could go ahead and sue if he wanted to, but I was not willing to be a part of it because I had no peace about taking that route.
Another time was when he wanted me to work full time while my children were still young. I always worked part time while they were at school but felt that my first role was to be a mum- I knew he would expect me to work full time, run the home with no support from him, so I stood my ground for over 2months. Once again I simply did not have peace about the route he wanted to take. He stopped nagging me about it. I know now that he was having affairs and shortly before my marriage ended he owned up to be thousands of pound in debt - if he wanted something he would just buy it on a credit card.
My children have always appreciated me being there when they came home from school.
Butterfly

Last edited by a moderator:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have ever had to go to court, but I have had to are a stand within my marriage at times. When I became pregnant with my fourth child my ex wanted to sue the doctor. I had become pregnant after being sterilised. My ex had been told he could make thousands, and he wanted a new computer ect !
I did recognise that the doctors had made a mistake, but I had been blessed with another child while my twin brother and his wife had lost five in pregnancy. I simply wasn't willing to put a doctor through that - so I stood my ground , told my husband he could go ahead and sue if he wanted to, but I was not willing to be a part of it because I had no peace about taking that route.
Another time was when he wanted me to work full time while my children were still young. I always worked part time while they were at school but felt that my first role was to be a mum- I knew he would expect me to work full time, run the home with no support from him, so I stood my ground for over 2months. Once again I simply did not have peace about the route he wanted to take. He stopped nagging me about it. I know now that he was having affairs and shortly before my marriage ended he owned up to be thousands of pound in debt - if he wanted something he would just buy it on a credit card.
My children have always appreciated me being there when they came home from school.
Butterfly

Loved your testimony of standing firm in truth (even in your own household) and how you recognized the doctors error as a blessing, since God gave you another child.

This court battle is not over money but over a boy. I would walk away from it all if it weren't for him. The oddity is that I never saw this day as an option until God put us here through unexpected death. By manipulation and lying they have taken possession of someone that wasn't theirs to ever claim. We were given the choice to give them what they want which us completely out of his life and to give them total control. Our response was a child needs everyone that loves them to participate. That wasnt good enough so they are taking us to court. If they win, we will never see him again until he is old enough to come looking for us. I can relate to your struggle in your household: my husband says if we win...that we are cutting them out like they wanted to cut us out and everyone else around them. That is just what they do out of fear: they covet and manipulate and withhold love. I really don't believe that is how God wants us to be, and if we somehow show up in court and it backfires in their faces for ever taking it to court...the next battle may be inside my home. I am prepared to accept God's decision that day in court; I believe God will place this child where He wants him to be. Where he needs to be to one day come to God. If it is with them I will have to trust God. The hardest part and what really shows me how much God has helped my faith grow is the fact that I am not manipulating the outcome to force it to be my way.

Thank you, for sharing your story.

Last edited:
B

Butterfly

Hi VictoryinJesus,
It sounds a very difficult situation. I think we sometimes find ourselves in situations that we would not choose , and through the dicisions of others, find ourselves on paths that we would prefer not to be on. Within those situations we must endeavour to trust and follow our hearts with regards to how we should handle it.
My divorce later taught me so much - I constantly had to make choices on how to handle things when others were not acting in good and helpful ways- interestingly enough when it involved my ex I had no problem handling things in a Godly way , with regards to how I reacted emotionally. Where I had problems was when Christians manipulated or acted in unkind and unhelpful ways.
One thing I did learn, God always brought good out of everything. There has always been a point where I look back and recognise that - and I am able to praise God for what has been reaped, even when the situation has been awful and something I would have not chosen to experience.
It still takes me awhile to trust in that when something new happens
Butterfly

Last edited by a moderator:

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth, I am so sorry you have had to suffer such loss of family. There is no way I can fully understand all you have endured since I haven't lived it: but God knows and God sees. For God to open your families eyes to the truth is probably what you wanted more than anything (I am assuming). And you could finally share with them how awesome and wonderful God is and they would agree. I'm sure losing money, home and possessions were nothing compared to the pain of rejection by your own family members. You may not realize it but you did show them how awesome and wonderful God is. YES ours is a treasure that can not be removed or fade away. I have to ask you, who did God use the most to shape and mold you into the image of His Son? What did God use the most to chisel away all the jagged edges that kept you from fitting perfectly into His temple as a cut, true stone? Was it not those close to you? Your brother, your mom, your father? Judgement has been given to us, how will we judge?

2 Timothy 4:16-17
[16] At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge. [17] Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.

My dad beat Honesty, and did teach Me Integrity, by His own way through observance, other than that there was never any true support!
I was the last born, the maintenance free child. All that I understand today come's from God the Father, and Yashua the Son, lead by the Spirit of Truth, and by the way there is still much chiseling going on!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Calmly de-escalating potentially dangerous situations has served me well in my job. Dove/serpent = peaceful engagement with folks who are headed off the track

Reactions: Truth

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting post. I've lived this.
Someone who owns a company, the actual owner, did a small job for us about 15 years ago. He came to my door and asked for 2,000E (about 2,000$) instead of the 800 he had originally asked for. Standing on principle, and since he did no extra work, I told him I'd give him only the 800.

He sued us. He made one of his employees say he worked for three days at my house. Planning and manipulation and also including others. It ended up costing us 10,000E because here you also have to pay the expenses of the other side, so two lawyers.

I learned not to care. The judge was an idiot and made big mistakes. My atty asked if I wanted to appeal the case. No!

God gave me peace about it. I can think about it with no feeling. Whatever happens in your case, it will eventually be forgotten by you and life goes on.

YES! I have been through something that cost me, and it took about two years to OVERCOME, But it has been well worth IT. In the end I lost nothing, except Pride, and that was worth nothing. Praise God and Savior, that there is nothing in this world worth loosing Him!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Learn to survive in a world where everyone hates you...though your natural character may be spotless, it is an open rebuke to others.

I would that I was spotless, learning to be a Servant to all, Has been a blessing. Jesus said that if you do a wrong, and receive a rebuke, you take it well, So if you do not do anything wrong, and receive a rebuke, how mush better that you except that rebuke, regardless if you are innocent!
As far as being hated! We were warned, they hated Me for no cause, they will hate you for my namesake!
Our Savior also said, " I did not come to bring Peace, But a Sword!

B

brakelite

I would that I was spotless, learning to be a Servant to all, Has been a blessing. Jesus said that if you do a wrong, and receive a rebuke, you take it well, So if you do not do anything wrong, and receive a rebuke, how mush better that you except that rebuke, regardless if you are innocent!
As far as being hated! We were warned, they hated Me for no cause, they will hate you for my namesake!
Our Savior also said, " I did not come to bring Peace, But a Sword!
I was talking with my son-in-law about the coming days when "we shall be hated of all nations for My names sake". This will be during the last plagues, a time of intense wickedness and evil on all sides, the four corners of the winds of strife loosed, and God's wrath unmixed with mercy being poured out upon the wicked. We were wondering, what will that look like? God's people, or at least those who are called to, will be witnesses to these events. I believe the young and the old will be spared. But for those remaining, the gulf between the wicked and the righteous will be so wide everyone will recognise the difference. There will be no fence sitters. Final choices as to destiny long decided. Two sides only on the planet. Those with the mark, the remnant sealed. And Satan having great wrath making war upon the faithful few that are left. If we are still residing in the cities, we won't be able to open our mouths without being 'outed' as Christians. Demons walking the streets will point us out to anyone within earshot and we will be immediately targeted. A death sentence on all professing the faith of Jesus and who keep His commandments. We will be called to stand in courts of law to defend our faith. We will be called to testify before kings and rulers of the world while our friends and family are being killed at our sides. Are we ready for this?????

Reactions: Helen

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thanks for sharing these stories guys. It gives me real life situations to show me I am not alone in struggles.

Reactions: brakelite