Defending Homosexuality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all know what Scripture says and we all know that we aren't allowed to change one thing in Scripture but I've seen pastors and other leaders condemn that sin while at the same time engaging in pride, pettiness, being a respecter of persons, gossip and yet never seeing what the rest of us see.

That was the mistake we are seeing. Scripture with written as "Sodomites" and well meaning people replaced it with the word "Homosexual."

"Sodomites" referred to uncontrolled lust, in public, with multiple partners.
"Homosexual" only refers to a preference for same sex company. The two words are not interchangeable.

For example...I can describe my neighbor Rob, as a homosexual....even though I have no idea if he's a virgin or not.
He prefers the company of men, so he's a homosexual. In 20 years, I've never seen him have sex.

Reactions: Nancy

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All you have described is a Neighbor who is private, discreet and has done nothing you know of to disturb the peace in your neighborhood, via a Civil unlawful act. You have not described a Friend, knowledge of his divulging his sexual preferences, that you seem to be indicating is your Judgement call, seemingly on the lack of females you observe at his residence.
Glory to God,
Taken

Sure we are friends and neighbors. And he fails all these tests for Sodomy:

sexually immoral
idolaters
adulterers
men who practice homosexuality
thieves
greedy
drunkards
revilers
swindlers
dishonorable passions
consumed with passion
committing shameless
pursued unnatural desire
consumed with passion
enslavers
liars
perjurers

And here is the key part of the Sodomy definition:
2 Peter 2

And if he rescued righteous Lot, greatly distressed by the sensual conduct of the wicked (for as that righteous man lived among them day after day, he was tormenting his righteous soul over their lawless deeds that he saw and heard)

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The issue here isn't whether or not homosexual activity is a sin. Scripture makes it absolutely clear that homosexual activity is a sin.

Only Sodomy.

2 Peter 2
And if he rescued righteous Lot, greatly distressed by the sensual conduct of the wicked (for as that righteous man lived among them day after day, he was tormenting his righteous soul over their lawless deeds that he saw and heard)

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Unitarians share their beliefs with the Lucifarians. This is where bending to popular opinion will leave you, right on the devil's doorstep. So all do serve, some are serving as examples of failure.

Everyone I have seen try to justify the sin of Homosexuality pushes their agenda zealously. How many other sins do people actively seek to promote? These are a few examples:
Revelation 21:8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.

The cowardly, as promoted in the emaciated culture.
The unbelieving, such as the Atheists who will not be pleased until no one believes in God.
The vile and murders, such as in gangs.
The sexually immoral, such as the homosexuals who want their sin to be socially accepted.
Those who practice magic arts, like the witches coming together to try and curse Kavanaugh.
Idolaters, anyone who read the bible knows how pervasive that is.

Luke 17 Jesus said to his disciples: “Things that cause people to stumble are bound to come, but woe to anyone through whom they come. 2 It would be better for them to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around their neck than to cause one of these little ones to stumble. 3 So watch yourselves.​

We all should be wary of Sodomy as covered in
2 Peter 2.

But unless we know if a gay is a virgin or not, we cannot even judge wrongly using our worthless vision.

1 Samuel 16:7
For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, those people need years of wise instruction. Lots of it!

Scripturally speaking, WISDOM, (Of God), is manifested through one Maturing in Age and Reasoning to Learn, Know and Accept Gods Precepts.

Secularly speaking, Wisdom is manifested through What the Worlds Society says is Acceptable.

And rarely are the two ever the same, thus is the recipe for Division.

Bullying is a distinctive pattern of harming and humiliating others, specifically those who are in some way smaller, weaker, younger or in any way more vulnerable than the bully. Bullying is not garden-variety aggression; it is a deliberate and repeated attempt to cause harm to others of lesser power. It's a very durable behavioral style, largely because bullies get what they want—at least at first. Bullies are made, not born, and it happens at an early age, if the normal aggression of 2-year-olds isn't handled with consistency.

Between 1 in 4 and 1 in 3 students in the United States reports being bullied at school, according to the National Center for Education Statistics and Bureau of Justice Statistics. In grades 6 through 12 alone, over a quarter of students have experienced bullying. Electronic bullying has become a significant problem in the past decade. The ubiquity of hand-held and other devices affords bullies constant access to their prey, and harassment can often be carried out anonymously
.Bullying | Psychology Today

Personally, I am not onboard with with the (civil) legal and (medical) psychology expansion of the term Bully or Abuse.
In short, People can not REGULATE an others Feelings.

Glory to God,
Taken

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course. What would be attractive about someone who has the same "equipment" that you have yourself? Ugh!

You claim its a learned behavior, yet I doubt you imagine that you could change
if some religious people said you were opposite nature and needed to.

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripturally speaking, WISDOM, (Of God), is manifested through one Maturing in Age and Reasoning to Learn, Know and Accept Gods Precepts.Secularly speaking, Wisdom is manifested through What the Worlds Society says is Acceptable.And rarely are the two ever the same, thus is the recipe for Division.Personally, I am not onboard with with the (civil) legal and (medical) psychology expansion of the term Bully or Abuse.In short, People can not REGULATE an others Feelings.
Glory to God,
Taken

Correct. You can only lock them in prison for their actions, not thoughts.
Bullying is an action. Acting on stupidity.

Just as scripture only condemns public lawlessness on this topic.
2 Peter 2

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure we are friends and neighbors. And he fails all these tests for Sodomy:

sexually immoral
idolaters
adulterers
thieves
greedy
drunkards
revilers
swindlers
dishonorable passions
consumed with passion
committing shameless
pursued unnatural desire
consumed with passion
enslavers
liars
perjurers

2 Peter 2

Are you claiming your neighbor Rob, IS a homosexual? If so, based on what?
If so, are you trying to Exclude him from being involved in Sodomy?
If so, based on what, would he be excluded from sodomy?

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct. You can only lock them in prison for their actions, not thoughts.
Bullying is an action. Acting on stupidity.

So, would you consider the ACTION of Teasing Words Bullying?

Glory to God,
Taken

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was one observation. I don't think it really matters but it does matter how we treat others and I think the only way to draw anyone is with love. Only then do we have a bridge to them.

There is another bridge to your neighbor:

James 2
For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was the mistake we are seeing. Scripture with written as "Sodomites" and well meaning people replaced it with the word "Homosexual."

"Sodomites" referred to uncontrolled lust, in public, with multiple partners.
"Homosexual" only refers to a preference for same sex company. The two words are not interchangeable.

For example...I can describe my neighbor Rob, as a homosexual....even though I have no idea if he's a virgin or not.
He prefers the company of men, so he's a homosexual. In 20 years, I've never seen him have sex.

Scripture condemns it:

Leviticus 20:13 - If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.

Leviticus 18:22 - Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination.

Romans 1:26-28 - For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Take note that Scripture says "that which is against nature." There is nothing in that language that claims that one is "born" that way as some assert. It's a deception in order that one may abdicate his or her responsibility to live as Christ commands.

The point that I wanted to make is that condemnation is not a way to draw someone since I've seen pastors and other leaders completely disregard their own vile sins of pride, being a respecter of persons, and other sins while simultaneously pointing an accusing finger at gays. This is unrelated but there may be a relevant point in it: I was at a doctor's office and a young girl started sharing how she had been bullied at school so badly that now she is forced to be on medication for her nerves. It was heartbreaking. Gays have been known to be bullied, beaten, and murdered. That shouldn't be - no person has the right to physically or emotionally abuse another.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's what I thought as well for decades. But my neighbor Rob, lives across the street outside my living room window. I have observed his life for 20 years now. There is a discrepancy, because the Heterosexuals are three times as lawless as Rob. How can Rob be a good neighbor and model citizen, but not liking girls as you claim he should? How would liking girls, make him a better person?
For now, he he doesn't like girls romantically and you have imagined he is in this group:

sexually immoral
idolaters
adulterers
thieves
greedy
drunkards
revilers
swindlers
dishonorable passions
consumed with passion
committing shameless
pursued unnatural desire
consumed with passion
enslavers
liars
perjurers

So I was curious......WHY do none of these describe Rob?
You would never in your life say Rob was "consumed with passion".

Then it finally struck me. Scripture was only referring to people who are "consumed with passion."

We will call them Sodomites. Scripture is only referring to people who are like the people in Sodom, consumed with passion for one another and committing shameless acts, likely in public.

I've never seen Rob commit even one shameless act in his life, except the one time he refused to help me push a car when our neighbor was stuck in the snow. He refused to help.

No, I don't know Rob to imagine anything about him. If Rob is a queer, it doesn't matter how good a person you may perceive him to be. That he is a queer makes him an abomination before God.

Stranger

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I don't know Rob to imagine anything about him. If Rob is a queer, it doesn't matter how good a person you may perceive him to be. That he is a queer makes him an abomination before God.
Are you claiming your neighbor Rob, IS a homosexual? If so, based on what?
If so, are you trying to Exclude him from being involved in Sodomy?
If so, based on what, would he be excluded from sodomy?

Glory to God,
Taken

He only keeps the company of men, and yet breaks no laws.
So he is not a Sodomite.

2 Peter 2

His actions follow God's will for man:

Romans 13
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is another bridge to your neighbor:

James 2
For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it.

To whom was the WHOLE law given?
And is one to whom the law was NOT given, accountable to abide by such law?

Glory to God,
Taken

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Homosexuality" is not a word used in scripture. Scripture is only referring to Sodomites who did not control their lust.
Scripture goes into detail and illustrates who is a Sodomite.

Genesis 19:5
And they called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us, that we may know them.”

The majority of Homosexuals do not wish to have sex outside of marriage or multiple partners or more than one sex partner for life.
They are not included as Sodomites.

Homosexuality is described in Scripture. Men with men. Women with women. It is great perversion. You are also part of the perversion in attempting to justify homosexuality by Scripture. (Rom. 1:26-27)

Stranger

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He only keeps the company of men, and yet breaks no laws.
So he is not a Sodomite.

2 Peter 2

His actions follow God's will:

Romans 13
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.

Only keeping the company of men, doesn't make him a homosexual either.
Are you claiming he is a homosexual?
If so, based ONLY on him keeping in the company of men?

Glory to God,
Taken

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually scripture has no problem with "Preferences"
All my gay neighbors might be virgins. I have no idea.

If your neighbors are queers then God and Scripture has a big problem with them. As I have showed you. And you are part of the problem in attempting to justify homosexuality by the Scriptures.

Stranger

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture condemns it:

Leviticus 20:13 - If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.

Leviticus 18:22 - Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination.

Romans 1:26-28 - For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Take note that Scripture says "that which is against nature." There is nothing in that language that claims that one is "born" that way as some assert. It's a deception in order that one may abdicate his or her responsibility to live as Christ commands.

The point that I wanted to make is that condemnation is not a way to draw someone since I've seen pastors and other leaders completely disregard their own vile sins of pride, being a respecter of persons, and other sins while simultaneously pointing an accusing finger at gays. This is unrelated but there may be a relevant point in it: I was at a doctor's office and a young girl started sharing how she had been bullied at school so badly that now she is forced to be on medication for her nerves. It was heartbreaking. Gays have been known to be bullied, beaten, and murdered. That shouldn't be - no person has the right to physically or emotionally abuse another.

There are same sex relationships in nature.
Mankind and animals both have them.