Defending Homosexuality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He only keeps the company of men, and yet breaks no laws.
So he is not a Sodomite.

2 Peter 2

His actions follow God's will for man:

Romans 13
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.

As I said, if Rob is a queer it doesn't matter how good a person you think him to be. He is an abomination before God.

Stranger

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If your neighbors are queers then God and Scripture has a big problem with them. As I have showed you. And you are part of the problem in attempting to justify homosexuality by the Scriptures. Stranger

They are my neighbors...and God covers that topic even more
(The claim that I twist scripture is groundless)

James 2
If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well.

Mark 12:31
The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Romans 15
Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.

Galatians 5:14
For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Proverbs 3:29
Do not plan evil against your neighbor, who dwells trustingly beside you.

Matthew 7:12
“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Luke 10:27
And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”

Romans 13:10
Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Matthew 19:19
Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Leviticus 19
You shall not go around as a slanderer among your people, and you shall not stand up against the life of your neighbor: I am the Lord. “You shall not hate your brother in your heart, but you shall reason frankly with your neighbor, lest you incur sin because of him. You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord.

Galatians 6:10
So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.

Zechariah 8:16
These are the things that you shall do: Speak the truth to one another; render in your gates judgments that are true and make for peace;

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Proverbs 3:28
Do not say to your neighbor, “Go, and come again, tomorrow I will give it”—when you have it with you.

Luke 10:29
But he, desiring to justify himself, said to Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

Leviticus 19:13
“You shall not oppress your neighbor or rob him. The wages of a hired servant shall not remain with you all night until the morning.

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, if Rob is a queer it doesn't matter how good a person you think him to be. He is an abomination before God.Stranger

So are you, so you're in queer company.

James 2:10
For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are my neighbors...and God covers that topic even more

James 2
If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well.

The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Romans 15

For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”

Leviticus 19
You shall not go around as a slanderer among your people, and you shall not stand up against the life of your neighbor: I am the Lord. “You shall not hate your brother in your heart, but you shall reason frankly with your neighbor, lest you incur sin because of him. You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord.

So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.

These are the things that you shall do: Speak the truth to one another; render in your gates judgments that are true and make for peace;

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Do not say to your neighbor, “Go, and come again, tomorrow I will give it”—when you have it with you.

“You shall not oppress your neighbor or rob him. The wages of a hired servant shall not remain with you all night until the morning.

None of these Scriptures or Scripture anywhere justifies homosexuality which is what you are trying to do. That the Christian has a good heart and seeks to treat people accordingly, does not mean a queer is acceptable to God. He is not, he is an abomination.

We are not under the Law, thus we do not kill the queers at this time. That doesn't change God's view of queers. That doesn't change the Christians view of queers.

Yes, you are twisting Scripture. You are trying to give the impression that it is ok to be a queer. But that is a lie. It is a great perversion before God.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are you, so you're in queer company.

For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it.

Being guilty before the law doesn't make every one a queer. How stupid. How far you attempt to go to justify being a queer by the Scriptures. You are on very dangerous ground.

Stranger

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being guilty before the law doesn't make every one a queer. How stupid. How far you attempt to go to justify being a queer by the Scriptures. You are on very dangerous ground. Stranger

I am in no more danger than you.
People always think they are saints and everyone else is the sinner. Except their mom.

For whoever keeps the whole law
but fails in one point
has become accountable for all of it.

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of these Scriptures or Scripture anywhere justifies homosexuality which is what you are trying to do. That the Christian has a good heart and seeks to treat people accordingly, does not mean a queer is acceptable to God. He is not, he is an abomination. We are not under the Law, thus we do not kill the queers at this time. That doesn't change God's view of queers. That doesn't change the Christians view of queers. Yes, you are twisting Scripture. You are trying to give the impression that it is ok to be a queer. But that is a lie. It is a great perversion before God.

I do quote scripture....which is not the same as twisting it.
And the link provides the context, which you can use to show any "twisting."

James 2

Romans 15

Leviticus 19

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If your neighbors are queers then God and Scripture has a big problem with them. As I have showed you. And you are part of the problem in attempting to justify homosexuality by the Scriptures.

Stranger

This passage explains that only the lawless gays are the ones in danger of God's wrath.

2 Peter 2:6-10
6 if by turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to ashes he condemned them to extinction, making them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; 7 and if he rescued righteous Lot, greatly distressed by the sensual conduct of the wicked 8 (for as that righteous man lived among them day after day, he was tormenting his righteous soul over their lawless deeds that he saw and heard); 9 then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment until the day of judgment, 10 and especially those who indulge in the lust of defiling passion and despise authority. Bold and willful, they do not tremble as they blaspheme the glorious ones,

You know that passage about women not permitted to speak in church?
It was referring to lawless women speaking out of turn.
It was not referring to your mom.
You let your mom speak in church?
Just the same, scripture is not referring to all gays.

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only keeping the company of men, doesn't make him a homosexual either.
Are you claiming he is a homosexual?
If so, based ONLY on him keeping in the company of men?
Glory to God,
Taken

If you're asking if one or more of the Apostles were gay, the answer is "likely".
They had no appreciation for females and gave Jesus a hard time for even
talking to women. And tax collectors.

Last edited:

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being guilty before the law doesn't make every one a queer. How stupid. How far you attempt to go to justify being a queer by the Scriptures. You are on very dangerous ground.
Stranger

Pointing out perceived flaws in others, seems to be your speciality.

Last edited:

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The issue here isn't whether or not homosexual activity is a sin. Scripture makes it absolutely clear that homosexual activity is a sin. The issue is that homosexuality is waved like a flag by a lot of Christians as the worst of the worst of sins.

And yes, Leviticus 18:22 does point that out as an abomination. "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination." (ESV)

2 verses earlier, Leviticus calls out adultery as well. "And you shall not lie sexually with your neighbor's wife and so make yourself unclean with her." (ESV)

Adultery is just as sinful as homosexual activity. It's interesting in scripture that adultery is discussed a lot more than homosexual activity. Just a couple of examples here:

Exodus 20:14 (ESV) - "You shall not commit adultery."

Proverbs 6:32 (ESV) - "He who commits adultery lacks sense; he who does it destroys himself."

Jesus talks a fair amount about adultery.

Matthew 5:27-28 (ESV) - “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

To put it in perspective, let's say you're out somewhere, and you check out an attractive woman. In the eyes of Jesus, you committed adultery, which makes you no better than one participating in homosexual activity.

Homosexuality is not the be all, end all of sins. That distinction belongs to blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Mark 3:28-29 (ESV) - “Truly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the children of man, and whatever blasphemies they utter, but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin”

We straight people are not sin-free, which is why we are not supposed to judge.

Luke 6:37 (ESV) - “Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;"

None of us are sin-free:

Ecclesiastes 7:20 (ESV) - "Surely there is not a righteous man on earth who does good and never sins."

1 John 1:8 (ESV) - "If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

It's not our job to judge homosexuals - that belongs to God. As Christians, we should be praying for homosexuals AND pray for forgiveness of our own sins.
All you have described is a Neighbor who is private, discreet and has done nothing you know of to disturb the peace in your neighborhood, via a Civil unlawful act. You have not described a Friend, knowledge of his divulging his sexual preferences, that you seem to be indicating is your Judgement call, seemingly on the lack of females you observe at his residence.

Using close analysis, it turns out that lawless people of all orientations are the problem....not any specific classes of people.

2 Peter 2
7 and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless
8 (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)

Exactly right! I have lived next door to gays for 20 years.
I've never seen even one of them holding hands, much less, other intimacies.
And judging by police visits, I'd prefer gays 2 to 1 over Hetero couples. Lot
would very much enjoy living in my neighborhood. Except for the guys
yelling at their wives in drunken rages after coming home from the bars.

Last edited:

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a lie straight out of hell. Because we know the mind of God concerning queers we know it is an abomination and thus when one queer partners with another queer, that is an abomination. That is correct and just judgement.

Reading, you will find that "correct and just judgement"
refers to treating poor people the same as others.
Nothing else. It has nothing to do with eagle eye's
spotting sin in others. Just the opposite. It is about
you, as a sitting judge, treating "other classes" of people
equally, regardless of their background.

Last edited:

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If your neighbors are queers then God and Scripture has a big problem with them. As I have showed you. And you are part of the problem in attempting to justify homosexuality by the Scriptures.

Stranger
All my gay neighbors might be virgins. I have no idea.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If your asking if one or more of the Apostles were gay, the answer is "likely".

Huh? What a weird thing to say. I asked no such thing. I asked about your neighbor you called Rob.

Glory to God,
Taken

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huh? What a weird thing to say. I asked no such thing. I asked about your neighbor you called Rob.

Glory to God,
Taken
Any group of men not holding hands with their wives is suspect.
We are judging people by external appearances right?

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am in no more danger than you.
People always think they are saints and everyone else is the sinner. Except their mom.

For whoever keeps the whole law
but fails in one point
has become accountable for all of it.

I agree with (James 2:10). I disagree with you who wants to say that because all break the law then all are queers. That is you twisting the Scripture. Thus you are on dangerous ground.

You don't know what a saint is so your last statement is ridiculous.

Stranger

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do quote scripture....which is not the same as twisting it.
And the link provides the context, which you can use to show any "twisting."

James 2

Romans 15

Leviticus 19

Reread post #(724)

Stranger

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reading, you will find that "correct and just judgement"
refers to treating poor people the same as others.
Nothing else. It has nothing to do with eagle eye's
spotting sin in others. Just the opposite. It is about
you, as a sitting judge, treating "other classes" of people
equally, regardless of their background.

Go back and reread post #(694). What's the matter, you feel you need to reboot your argument? Not going your way is it?

Stranger