Defending Homosexuality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Agree. The Enemy done it!!

Sadly I read not long ago that the court case cost them the bakery, their house, and now they are in debt. :(
well, I am sorry that they did not get a lawyer with enough sense to reveal that they were being targeted, etc, but then they could easily have gone and bought a Safeway cake and presented that for $300, or any number of other paths I guess

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
well, I am sorry that they did not get a lawyer with enough sense to reveal that they were being targeted, etc, but then they could easily have gone and bought a Safeway cake and presented that for $300, or any number of other paths I guess

Agree. It doesn't seem like wisdom was their most prominent talent.
But, who knows what we would have really done! I can always be wise after the event. Ha!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the acceptance of the lifestyle by those in the 'so-called' Christianity. This is unacceptable.
it can not be accepted as per to say it is alright . what we can not do is completely turn our back on them . so often if we speak words of correction to them and said in the wrong manner. it creates a backlash so to speak the Bible talks about speaking the truth in Love.. they will know what is love and what is not.. most of them will be on the defensive in a instant .

so the approach has to be spirit led ..i work with a woman she is lesbian . a complete stranger would not even know it.. i joke with her and when i pass by her i wave at her. i bought a couple cell phone charging cords from her. in a joking manner i told her she only wanted my business cause i had money. the LGBT movement is out of hand .our gov politicians wants there vote . so they in turn support the life style . it has to be a GOD solution to take care of this,, study out the doctrine of Balaam every type of sexual sin was promoted . Sodom and Gomorrah . the fall in the garden is the spark that ignited sin.. pardon my grammar/writing skills they do suck bad.. i was smarter than my teachers in school ..

how many would take a stand against alcohol against living together.. the good ol boys sitting in the bar thinking the dope heads should be shot
do we take a stand against sin like we do lgbt ? guys ever picked up a magazine with gal in a 2 piece bikini that a band aid would have more coverage.. yet we still look at it .if not careful get bad thoughts ?

of we condemn one let us condemn all .. sort of like Christ said those w/o sin throw the first rock. Christ is the only answer and us living the be ye Holy life like we should . how much time do we spend in prayer ? :eek: yes i need to pray more and be more holy :) amen or o me

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 19:9 KJV
[9] And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

Tecarta BibleShould these type be allowed in the church, those on their second and third marriages? Should they be allowed to have children. This doesn’t inherit the kingdom.

Divorce is not the same as homosexuality. Homosexuality is a great perversion. It is a product of rejecting God and holding the truth in unrighteousness. It is a judgement of God against a people already.

Divorce except for fornication is a sin. If these are remarried who were not guilty of fornication, then yes it was a sin. But, it doesn't mean they can't or shouldn't have children. They are right with God in the man/woman relationship at least. They can be forgiven and remain in that relationship. The very relationship of the homosexual is the perversion. Being a homosexual is a perversion. They can come to Christ and be forgiven, but they cannot come into the Church as a homosexual with no desire to repent and be saved. Because their relationship is a perversion they should not be allowed to have or raise children.

Stranger

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Cant agree with you there Stranger.

We are not in the OT, there are not big and little sins.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This shows how churches paint themselves into a corner when they permit or encourage adultery while trying to condemn homosexuality. Both sins carried the same weight in the OT.

'Trying to condemn homosexuality'? I do condemn it. Divorce and homosexuality do not carry the same weight.

Just because you and others can't or don't want to see the difference between the sin of divorce and the sin of homosexuality, for whatever reason, doesnt' mean there is no difference. There is. How many saints in the Bible were guilt of adultry? Several. But no saints in the Bible were homosexuals.

If a homosexual comes to Christ, fine. But then he is no longer a homosexual. If he comes to Christ and says yes I am still a homosexual, then he is not to be allowed in the Church.

Stranger

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cant agree with you there Stranger.

We are not in the OT, there are not big and little sins.

(Rom. 1:26-32) is New Testament.

It is not a question of big and little sins. It's a question of being a believer or being a homosexual. Christ didn't start His Church to be filled with homosexuals. If one is a prostitute but doesn't want to quit being a prostitute, do you let her join your fellowship. After all we are all sinners.
Of course not. She is more than welcome if she is looking for Christ and then turns to Christ. If she says she is a Christian prostitute and that is the way it is, do you still want her into your fellowship?

Stranger

Reactions: Helen

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a homosexual comes to Christ, fine. But then he is no longer a homosexual. If he comes to Christ and says yes I am still a homosexual, then he is not to be allowed in the Church.
DISAGREE church is the place for them.. not as members not in office holding.. but come sit in a pew listen to the message

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DISAGREE church is the place for them.. not as members not in office holding.. but come sit in a pew listen to the message

Disagree all you like. If they are just visiting, then they probably arn't going to reveal what they are. So that is a non-issue. But if they make it known or it becomes known, and there is no interest on their part to change, then they should not be allowed.

Stranger

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is not a question of big and little sins. It's a question of being a believer OR being a homosexual. <snip> If she says she is a Christian prostitute and that is the way it is, do you still want her into your fellowship?

Stranger

I get you there...with the either v Or ...
As long as you allow a period of grace to give time for change and the Holy Spirit to work.

If she is kicked out of the fellowship immediately, then she is not given time under the word for it to sink in and change her mind.

Does a Homo or prostitute really have enough going on to "know" what they really want? I doubt it.

I think you are too harsh...anyone would run from you...I doubt they would feel loved and welcomed or given a fair chance. :(

Reactions: Willie T

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get you there...with the either v Or ...
As long as you allow a period of grace to give time for change and the Holy Spirit to work.

If she is kicked out of the fellowship immediately, then she is not given time under the word for it to sink in and change her mind.

Does a Homo or prostitute really have enough going on to "know" what they really want? I doubt it.

I think you are too harsh...anyone would run from you...I doubt they would feel loved and welcomed or given a fair chance. :(

If the prostitute or homosexual is attending the Church for the right reason then he or she is under conviction of God and wanting to change. They already know it's a sin.

If they are attending for any other reason, forget it. You're simply allowing the corruption of your fellowship.

I can talk to prostitutes or homosexuals all day long, and witness to them about Jesus Christ outside the fellowship. But I do not invite them to the fellowship unless there is a desire to come to Christ which means they cease being what they were.

Too harsh? Why? Because I don't accept the homosexuals into the fellowship so that they can affect others with their homosexuality. I believe you and others are throwing your children to the wolves. Is that harsh? Do you not know these people prey on churches and church gatherings?

Quantrill

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the prostitute or homosexual is attending the Church for the right reason then he or she is under conviction of God and wanting to change. They already know it's a sin.

If they are attending for any other reason, forget it. You're simply allowing the corruption of your fellowship.

I can talk to prostitutes or homosexuals all day long, and witness to them about Jesus Christ outside the fellowship. But I do not invite them to the fellowship unless there is a desire to come to Christ which means they cease being what they were.

Too harsh? Why? Because I don't accept the homosexuals into the fellowship so that they can affect others with their homosexuality. I believe you and others are throwing your children to the wolves. Is that harsh? Do you not know these people prey on churches and church gatherings?

Quantrill
Gosh, will you please let us see you walk on water, too?

Reactions: Waiting on him

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Too harsh? Why? Because I don't accept the homosexuals into the fellowship so that they can affect others with their homosexuality. I believe you and others are throwing your children to the wolves. Is that harsh? Do you ne through ot know these people prey on churches and church gatherings?

It is just the way that you come across. Hard and harsh. I think Jesus was firm, and did not pull His punches, but I believe He let His love shine through even to the worst of them.

You remind me of my brother...he always sound hard and harsh. When I say something about it..his eyes get big and he says..." But I am all sweetness and light.." He honestly does not see that the Shepherd touch is not a blow in the face!!

Blessings...Helen

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'Trying to condemn homosexuality'? I do condemn it. Divorce and homosexuality do not carry the same weight.

Just because you and others can't or don't want to see the difference between the sin of divorce and the sin of homosexuality, for whatever reason, doesnt' mean there is no difference. There is. How many saints in the Bible were guilt of adultry? Several. But no saints in the Bible were homosexuals.

Stranger
Sounds like your saying God doesn’t have the capacity to love us while we are yet in our sins.

Reactions: Willie T

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is just the way that you come across. Hard and harsh. I think Jesus was firm, and did not pull His punches, but I believe He let His love shine through even to the worst of them.

You remind me of my brother...he always sound hard and harsh. When I say something about it..his eyes get big and he says..." But I am all sweetness and light.." He honestly does not see that the Shepherd touch is not a blow in the face!!

Blessings...Helen

The homosexual is already in the 2nd giving up of the downward spiral revealed in (Rom. 1:24-32) He has already rejected the truth. The chances of them pulling out of that, of wanting to pull out of that are very slim.

Stranger

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Quantrill
Exodus 20:17 KJV
[17] Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.
This ones in the top ten.
Tecarta Bible

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well said - I agree and have the same compassion , although I must admit that using the word ' faggot ' is perhaps not in line with the compassion. ( sorry here in the UK that would be a word used by those who are homophobic )
I do not proclaim to understand it all , and living in the ' gay ' capital city in the UK does bring its challenges at times, especially when they have the gay pride marches - the whole town get involved. I steer clear.
Rita
No, even the homosexuals I know in daily life understand that I seldom cater to them (and to being PC) by using the term "Gay" when talking directly with them. But, they also know my door is always open to them when many who stroke them with "Gay" and "Same Sex" platitudes will shut them out in the cold when the rubber meets the road.