defining religion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
theological words such as grace justification redemption etc etc etc.have different meanings in different theological circles . a Mormon person who accepts the D and C OF that church or a person who who accepts the papal teachings of the roman catholic churchor a presbyterian who accepts the teachings of that church or a confessional lutheran who accepts the lutheran confessions all would define the above words differently .now days it is really is quite difficult to know what a person believesuntill one investigates what their church body teraches on such things.and now days their are not just a few church bodies like a hundread years ago . but now days there are "way over" 35 thousand different church bodies just in the USA alone.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Gods word has no religion, Religion is from man for man it is mans ideas of What God says and an organization around those ideas problem today is few arte taught how to study Gods Word or are told anything past the Milk (easy stuff of the good news)Few ever get to the meat of word or understand it. God doesnt care what religion you call yourself as long as you are a christian a believer in Christ. Thats Gods religion everything else is for man by man God says where ever two gather in my name is churchGod is concerned with the state of your soul not the name of your church No will save you nor condem you only a belief in Jesus Christ will save you

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
(kriss;40474)
Gods word has no religion, Religion is from man for man it is mans ideas of What God says and an organization around those ideas problem today is few arte taught how to study Gods Word or are told anything past the Milk (easy stuff of the good news)Few ever get to the meat of word or understand it. God doesnt care what religion you call yourself as long as you are a christian a believer in Christ. Thats Gods religion everything else is for man by man God says where ever two gather in my name is church
have you even bothered to look up what the word religion means in a dictionary?or do you just buy what some people say about a word because it sounds right to you?the word religion is "not" one of those four letter word's that a christian can't use. In fact out of wonderful Christian freedom I have decided to use it !simply because their are some who try to make it out a sin. setting them selves up as some sort of pope deciding for them selves and others what sin is or not.But if one is a caring christian and have doubts about this word . they will search their bible and see if the word we know as "religion" is a sin to use.And they will find there is "no command by God" not to use it.the true God is very organized he is not a disorognized god.just lok at his creation is it disorognized?or did he set it up with rules and regulations?lokk at his bible is it disorganized ?Like i said God likes things organized.when i think of disorganization i think of a bunch of scatter brains teaching a religion of helter skelter.ah what a fine and dandy religion that would be!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
God is concerned with the state of your soul not the name of your church No church will save you only a belief in Jesus Christ will save youhave you ever read God what God says about itJam 1:26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion [is] vain. Jam 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, [and] to keep himself unspotted from the world.Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Jam 1:26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion [is] vain. Do you understand this?? Many swear their religion is right and why is Gods word more important all the division today is created by religions of men not God the One Faith is Christ the One baptisim is Christ One Lord (Father/son /Holy Ghost)

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
(kriss;40477)
God is concerned with the state of your soul not the name of your church No church will save you only a belief in Jesus Christ will save youhave you ever read God what God says about itJam 1:26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion [is] vain. Jam 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, [and] to keep himself unspotted from the world.Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
your not a confessional Lutheran. I can tell that by your post .ITS all law and no Gospel. thats exactly why i AM a Lutheran Christian dont miss understand me .i need the law that you gave. Gods law that damns me to hell. and curbs my sin's aganist other person'sbut the lutheran church not only tells me Gods laws but every single time they also offer the forgivness that Jesus has won for me . Not only by the proclamation of the Gospel but this same wonderful Gospel message of forgivness wrapped up in Gods chosen means of Grace his Sacraments of the Lords supper and baptism.IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY I CALL MY SELF A LUTHERAN CHRISTIAN IT IS FOR THIS REASON It is the Lutheran church that tells me never to look to my self! in side or out side . to see if i am saved. but to keep my eyes always on Jesus so that i may know without one doubt that its DONE . I HAVE BEEN saved by Jesus AND HIM alone! inspite of my mountains of sin's .did you know there is a "3rd" use of Gods laws that only those who trust in Jesus have . that 3rd use is A God given want to keep Gods laws out of thankfullness for what Jesus has done.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you busy following a church or following God? I think that's a question you need to answer for yourself. When I hear someone say, well "my church says this" I stop listening. It's about YHVH, not about church.Colossians 2:8
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
(Denver;40488)
Are you busy following a church or following God? I think that's a question you need to answer for yourself. When I hear someone say, well "my church says this" I stop listening. It's about YHVH, not about church.Colossians 2:8
Boy you have been brain washed by some church hater or perhaps your awoman who has been abused by her husband? is THAT why your against the very idea of church as the bride and Christ it's groom ? because you sure seem to have a deep seated hate for Gods church. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE CHURCH is every believer in Jesus as their only savior from sin! BE THEY LUTHERAN OR ROMAN CATHOLIC OR WHAT EVER.Also that Jesus treated his bride the church with perfectl Goodness all the time. even when we his bride his church is unfaithful He still gave his lifeS BLOOD for us. HE HAS REDEEMED HIS CHURCH!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Boy you have been brain washed by some church hater or perhaps your awomen who has been abused by her husband?
Wow.Clearly you misunderstood what I said. I'm referring specifically to denominations that like to play church - and yes that is harsh but many do. You know them by their fruits.Anyone who owes an allegiance to a church over God has missed the boat. If you're more concerned with following after a church because it says do this or that then whom are you serving?You accuse me of abandoning the denominational church, but I abandon it for the Word which was made flesh in Yeshua the Christ.John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Mark 7:7-9
Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
If a church follows this then they are a good church and have nothing to fear.So let's quit playing games here and qualify the true church for what it is:Ephesians 1:19-23
And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.
This clearly establishes the authority of the church and the head who will be the only judge. It does not qualify any single denomination or any group of denominations. The church are those who "who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, Which he wrought in Christ."

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
your the one playing games if you think you can say their is the church and their is not the church.because only God knows the heart.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Do you not get the church and mens religion is not the same seems you are the one not getting itchurch where two or more gather in my name/ Religion Mens ideas

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
(kriss;40505)
Do you not get the church and mens religion is not the same seems you are the one not getting itchurch where two or more gather in my name/ Religion Mens ideas
no your the one that seems to be having trouble with the truth.that God is very capable by his word .to make and grow and also sustain his church . through out the world no matter what denominations or lack of them his church is in. AND WHO KNOWS MAYBE EVEN you or perhaps I might even be a believer to!Not wouldnt that be a miracle of God?I hate to rock your silly little world But you just might find most of the christians in heaven heard about Jesus first. under a denominational name!you propably will also discover most christians martered on account of the gospel of Christ down through the ages did not fly a non denominational banner.now let your non denom preacher top the martyrs list and perhaps i will listen to what he had to say . But i bet he is just some fat rich tv cat . That never really was in any danger for his faith at all. He certainly dOES not have a contract out on his life as Dr luther did. has he been burned to death at the stake as John huss was?Perhaps your preacher has only fallen on his fat rear getting a soda from the fridge?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
What does that have to do with any thing I said your denomination wont save you only your relationship with God thats what he cares about I dont know why that bothers you so much unless your guilty of loving your denomination name more than God I frankly dont get where you are coming from

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
once again it is you who just don't get it.Many of us who love our denominations it is because we first heard about our only savior from sin our Jesus through them.it is not sin to love our denominations. it is only sin if we love them more than God.it is not a sin to love ones mom or dad it is sin if we love them more than God.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
And No one ever said it was a sin all anyone said was we are judged by the state of our soul not the name of our denomination it is you are reading what is.. not written and making a big deal out of something no one said but in your head the church of God is made of believers not denominations We just said God doesnt care what you call yourself and scripture supports that if that bothers you to bad God said Jam 1:26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion [is] vain. it doesnt mean you cant be a denomination it just means it doesnt matter to God if your heart is right what you are as long as its his One religion ChristainJam 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, [and] to keep himself unspotted from the world.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
kriss.the topic was defining religion and it was quite clear that was theological terms. it was you who went off topic to grind your own axe!You got a chip as big as a freight train on your shoulder . perhaps you were in a denomination that realy perverted Gods word.but that does not mean they all do.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
And I defined it according to Gods Word you dont get Gods Word dont accuse me of the chip I was just explaining what it said your the one going off the deep end because you appaently want it defined in your terms sorry God trumps you

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
you didnt define any thing according to Gods word.all you did was quote some passages that had the word religious in them.and those passages sure did not define the word religion at all because that was not their God intended purpose.and any one who does not think christianity can properly be called the greatest religionin the world is a horses behind.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
are You an blind thats what the scripture said can you read english THATS WHAT I SAID IN MY FIRST POSTONE GOD ONE RELIGION ONE BAPTISM AND I SAID THE ONE RELIGION IS CHRIST (CHRISTIANITY )SO WHAT ARE YOU THROWING SUCH A LITTLE FIT ABOUT

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
(kriss;40529)
are You an blind thats what the scripture said can you read englishONE GOD ONE RELIGION ONE BAPTISM AND I SAID THE ONE RELIGION IS CHRIST (CHRISTIANITY )SO WHAT ARE YOU THROWING SUCH A LITTLE FIT ABOUT
the same reason you threw yours!!!! must be over our agreeing with each other ! how low down and disgustingis that! ruins a perfectly fun time of arguing.