DEMONS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This Vale Of Tears said:
You're so blinded by your ideology you're not seeing what it is here that the Bible has to teach you. Jesus is and continues to be our high priest with a ceaseless ministry of intercession. He is fit for this role because he is, in all things, like his brethren including flesh and blood. It's all right there in the scripture passage I quoted whether you want to see it or not.
So then you are convinced that our Lord is still in a corruptible, natural, earthly body. He has not changed in any way, which directly conflicts with what scripture states regarding the resurrected body. :huh:

Being this really has nothing to do with demons lets just leave it here....

Bronzesnake

Jul 31, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Although this thread is about demons, I believe there is still room to make a case that "ghosts" are not deceased humans, they are demons.
So, the argument has come up as to weather fallen angels have bodies. Therefore, it opens up a reasonable discussion as to weather angels can even have bodies, which is relevant to the discussion as a whole.
Having said that - There is strong support scripturally, for angels having bodies. I believe they can appear as normal human men, as well as majestic, Holy beings, which still have the basic form of human males.
Here's scriptural support...

Matthew - 28 -

1 After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.

2 There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. 3 His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. 4 The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.
5 The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. 6 He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. 7 Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.”

So, here is scripture which shows that angels can appear as radient terrifying beings, as wll as normal human men, which many other scriptures describe them as appearing.

This next quote from the book of Daniel is amazing also.

Daniel's Vision of a Mighty Man

Daniel 10 -
1In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia a thing was revealed unto Daniel, whose name was called Belteshazzar; and the thing was true, but the time appointed was long: and he understood the thing, and had understanding of the vision.
2In those days I Daniel was mourning three full weeks. 3I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled. 4And in the four and twentieth day of the first month, as I was by the side of the great river, which is Hiddekel; 5Then I lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a certain man clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz: 6His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude. 7And I Daniel alone saw the vision: for the men that were with me saw not the vision; but a great quaking fell upon them, so that they fled to hide themselves. 8Therefore I was left alone, and saw this great vision, and there remained no strength in me: for my comeliness was turned in me into corruption, and I retained no strength. 9Yet heard I the voice of his words: and when I heard the voice of his words, then was I in a deep sleep on my face, and my face toward the ground.

Here, once again, we see an angel who looked like a human male, however, he had a Holy countenance about him, so much so, that Daniel passed out in terror!

So, from scriptures we can know for certain that angels can appear as normal men, and they can also appear as Holy, and terrifying men.

Now, I'm thinking that whenever an angel of God, as opposed to a fallen angel, appears to be battling demonic spirits, or fallen angels, they are in full Holy battle garb.
This is pure conjecture on my part, because in the book of Daniel, the angel tells Daniel that he had been in warfare with the demonic spirit of Persia.
I'm speculating that the angles Mary saw at the empty tomb of Jesus, were also battle ready. I'm assuming that demonic spirits, and fallen angels, may have been very eager to get to the tomb of Christ in some evil mission, in perhaps, an attempt to kill anyone who might show up at the empty tomb of Jesus.

The Jewish leaders who wanted Jesus dead, understood the ramifications of Jesus leaving His death cave. If satan was able to kill any witnesses, he could have influenced a lot of potential future converts, into thinking the Romans took the body, or they had the body...whatever. Anything except for witnesses telling what really happened.
By the way, the Romans were serious about prisoner, or in this case, Jesus, escaping their custody. The soldiers who fell asleep, and "allowed" Jesus to leave, would have suffered an extremely painful execution. Most likely, they would have had a Roman broad sword rammed down into the spot between the neck base, and collar bone, down into the heart...ouch!

So, pure speculation on my part that the angels at the empty tomb were in full Holy battle gear, to protect the truth from getting out to hungry hearts and ears.

In the end, I firmly believe angels can appear as human men, as well as Holy, terrifying angels of Jesus.
If Holy angels can appear as men, so can fallen angels appear as "deceased" men.

John

Hi just

justaname said:
So then you are convinced that our Lord is still in a corruptible, natural, earthly body. He has not changed in any way, which directly conflicts with what scripture states regarding the resurrected body. :huh:

Being this really has nothing to do with demons lets just leave it here....
Actually, Jesus did appear to the disciples as a human male. Remember when He had to convince Thomas that He wasn't a "ghost" He actually told Thomas to stick his fingers into the wounds on his hands.
The Bible also tells us that although Jesus' body was dead, it was incorruptible. So, yes, He did appear as a human.
He also appeared to as many as 500 people after His resurrection.

Take care brother.

John

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bronzesnake said:
Although this thread is about demons, I believe there is still room to make a case that "ghosts" are not deceased humans, they are demons.
So, the argument has come up as to weather fallen angels have bodies. Therefore, it opens up a reasonable discussion as to weather angels can even have bodies, which is relevant to the discussion as a whole.
Having said that - There is strong support scripturally, for angels having bodies. I believe they can appear as normal human men, as well as majestic, Holy beings, which still have the basic form of human males.
Here's scriptural support...

Matthew - 28 -

1 After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.

2 There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. 3 His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. 4 The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.
5 The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. 6 He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. 7 Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.”

So, here is scripture which shows that angels can appear as radient terrifying beings, as wll as normal human men, which many other scriptures describe them as appearing.

This next quote from the book of Daniel is amazing also.

Daniel's Vision of a Mighty Man

Daniel 10 -
1In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia a thing was revealed unto Daniel, whose name was called Belteshazzar; and the thing was true, but the time appointed was long: and he understood the thing, and had understanding of the vision.
2In those days I Daniel was mourning three full weeks. 3I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled. 4And in the four and twentieth day of the first month, as I was by the side of the great river, which is Hiddekel; 5Then I lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a certain man clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz: 6His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude. 7And I Daniel alone saw the vision: for the men that were with me saw not the vision; but a great quaking fell upon them, so that they fled to hide themselves. 8Therefore I was left alone, and saw this great vision, and there remained no strength in me: for my comeliness was turned in me into corruption, and I retained no strength. 9Yet heard I the voice of his words: and when I heard the voice of his words, then was I in a deep sleep on my face, and my face toward the ground.

Here, once again, we see an angel who looked like a human male, however, he had a Holy countenance about him, so much so, that Daniel passed out in terror!

So, from scriptures we can know for certain that angels can appear as normal men, and they can also appear as Holy, and terrifying men.

Now, I'm thinking that whenever an angel of God, as opposed to a fallen angel, appears to be battling demonic spirits, or fallen angels, they are in full Holy battle garb.
This is pure conjecture on my part, because in the book of Daniel, the angel tells Daniel that he had been in warfare with the demonic spirit of Persia.
I'm speculating that the angles Mary saw at the empty tomb of Jesus, were also battle ready. I'm assuming that demonic spirits, and fallen angels, may have been very eager to get to the tomb of Christ in some evil mission, in perhaps, an attempt to kill anyone who might show up at the empty tomb of Jesus.

The Jewish leaders who wanted Jesus dead, understood the ramifications of Jesus leaving His death cave. If satan was able to kill any witnesses, he could have influenced a lot of potential future converts, into thinking the Romans took the body, or they had the body...whatever. Anything except for witnesses telling what really happened.
By the way, the Romans were serious about prisoner, or in this case, Jesus, escaping their custody. The soldiers who fell asleep, and "allowed" Jesus to leave, would have suffered an extremely painful execution. Most likely, they would have had a Roman broad sword rammed down into the spot between the neck base, and collar bone, down into the heart...ouch!

So, pure speculation on my part that the angels at the empty tomb were in full Holy battle gear, to protect the truth from getting out to hungry hearts and ears.

In the end, I firmly believe angels can appear as human men, as well as Holy, terrifying angels of Jesus.
If Holy angels can appear as men, so can fallen angels appear as "deceased" men.

John

Hi just

Actually, Jesus did appear to the disciples as a human male. Remember when He had to convince Thomas that He wasn't a "ghost" He actually told Thomas to stick his fingers into the wounds on his hands.
The Bible also tells us that although Jesus' body was dead, it was incorruptible. So, yes, He did appear as a human.
He also appeared to as many as 500 people after His resurrection.

Take care brother.

John
please refer to post#55

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
demons sure are popular on this board, these day - I think the real question is. did they evolve or were they created instantly :)
Do they have feathers? warm blooded?

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
aspen said:
demons sure are popular on this board, these day - I think the real question is. did they evolve or were they created instantly :)
Do they have feathers? warm blooded?
You know at first i thought this was a silly question, but now as I really ponder the evolution of fallen angels it does raise some good questions. The bible gives us some insight in to how they operate and to a degree their level of understanding. I think to answer your question would take a considerable amount of time and effort. especially as we start to scrutinize things like historical events, social traditions, cultures and movements, etc etc the list could go on, is the enemy learning by his successes and failures or is he all knowing and biding his time until the time is right or until God says go?

"Evolution of an enemy" by aspen, has a nice ring to it.

I'll get my copy in hard back, signed please :D

Thunderkat

Sep 3, 2014
Virginia Beach
This topic brought back some bad memories. I have seen two. Once when I was a kid lying in bed. In my room there was a chair and the room was dark but something was sitting in the chair one night and it was darker than the room, looked like a shapeless person sitting there. I was so scared I couldn't move. The second time was in boot camp, again lying in bed. I was sick in boot camp and I saw it again, same way dark and shapeless person. I was so scared I couldn't move. When it was gone I was able to move and I sat up. Another guy was in the bed next to mine and he was awake and asked me what was wrong, why was I shaking. I just told him it was a bad dream, didn't want anybody to think I was crazy.

One thing is for sure, when I am a warrior for God in Heaven I will be destroying those things with a vengance.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
You can only see demoniacs, you can't see demons. Matthew 4, 8 and 12 depicts them being cast out by Jesus.
I have encountered some in my younger days. Not something you should even want to talk about.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
Thunderkat said:
This topic brought back some bad memories. I have seen two. Once when I was a kid lying in bed. In my room there was a chair and the room was dark but something was sitting in the chair one night and it was darker than the room, looked like a shapeless person sitting there. I was so scared I couldn't move. The second time was in boot camp, again lying in bed. I was sick in boot camp and I saw it again, same way dark and shapeless person. I was so scared I couldn't move. When it was gone I was able to move and I sat up. Another guy was in the bed next to mine and he was awake and asked me what was wrong, why was I shaking. I just told him it was a bad dream, didn't want anybody to think I was crazy.

One thing is for sure, when I am a warrior for God in Heaven I will be destroying those things with a vengance.
Why wait? The Bible says we conduct war in the heavenlies in this life, that the heavens suffer violence and the violent take it by force. (Matt 11:12) You are a warrior for God right now with divine instruments of war capable of pulling down strongholds, casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God. (1Cor 10) Put on the full armor of God and fight, exclaiming "Praise be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle!" (Psalm 144:1)