Denominations are us.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vexatious

Sep 29, 2018
midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't noticed a reluctance of people to share their denomination. It's just usually not relevant to what people post.

There is a problem with people not thinking denomination matters, culminating in the complete nonsense of claiming their church is non-denominational.

As for the SBC, there are many good baptist churches and there still is room in the SBC for good churches. But, the denominational leadership started going apostate three decades ago with the rise of zionism. And, now, liberalism is replacing zionism in the SBC. Rot either way, and the rot is growing.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I started out as a Catholic! And in my 50's our children got us to go to a different
church...... Our son was not happy with the C. C. So, we looked in the phone book and
found a church with no religion attached....... And found Grace Bible Church.

And we sure are all happy with this church. We finally were told to use a KJB, which
when going to the C.C. they never told us to get one.......
And until we changed church's , none of my family was saved...... we are now.
But , my parents and brother and sister were gone at that time , so I do not know if I
will see them in heaven....

Reactions: amadeus
D

Dave L

I believe denominations revolve around the errors that separate them from the rest of the body of Christ. But most share common beliefs where it matters most. Most of what I learned comes from Christendom in general, believing God placed the whole truth there and not in any single denomination. So I identify with quite a few folk and have no problem fellow-shipping with most.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not a denomination....I am a born again, spirit filled child of God....it is just that simple. :)
Sooooo, you don't attend a regular church assembly??
May I ask why, when Scripture commands us NOT to forsake the assembly?

This question is for ALL here who don't attend a regular assembly.

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooooo, you don't attend a regular church assembly??
May I ask why, when Scripture commands us NOT to forsake the assembly?

This question is for ALL here who don't attend a regular assembly.
I do assemble with other believers and I attend church when I can. The scripture that commands us not to forsake the assembly doesn't say you have to be there every time the door opens.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do assemble with other believers and I attend church when I can. The scripture that commands us not to forsake the assembly doesn't say you have to be there every time the door opens.
If you're not going regularly, then you are forsaking the assembly.
If you're married and only go home a few times a week because you have something "better" to do, then you are forsaking your spouse.

Same
thing . . .

Reactions: Marymog

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
So no one wants to reveal what denomination they are.
I thought they'd be proud of it.
I can't get away from it.
After 33 1/2 years, I'm back to the Baptist church again.
I came to realize there is really not much wrong with Baptist doctrine compared to some of the other denominations, but the big problem is the ability of people to move up in the church and make it the way they want it to be, regardless of what Scripture says, which most of them don't know anyway.
So if I had to say I was a denomination, and I would really hate to do that, but I guess I am in more agreement and fellowship with Southern Baptists more than any other.

And don't ask me all them Southern Baptist Convention rules either, because I only know some of them.
Besides, following Southern Convention Rules is only an option for Southern Baptist churches, that why so many variations.

I go to the Cowboy church, and there are many of them in the South.
It is based on Southern Baptist.
They share a church with The Shepherd's way, a Southern Baptist church.
My buddy is pastor of both, that's why I came along with him, and he has told both groups many times that he is not a Southern Baptist and he won't run it like a Baptist church.
They play Cowboy Music 3 times a week, and they preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ to get people saved.
Then we hope they will stay so we can disciple them to be strong Christians.

Good church, and we as a group agree on what needs to be done.

How about your denomination?
Good bad or ugly, and what difference can you make to them be better.
What are the Southern Baptist Convention Rules?

I don't know what I am.
I know I'm not Catholic anymore.
I know I'm not Calvinist and I think some Southern Baptist churches are.

I like the Assembly of God church.
I like the Nazarene church, which I belonged to for about 10 years.

Haven't tried many.
I've been learning about the Early Church Fathers. PRE Constantine when everything began to be ruined.

I guess I'm just Christian.
Wow, that was a lot of "I's" !!

Reactions: Nancy

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As for me...I don't have one...but been in and out of a few...mostly free church.
Charismatic by experience.

But as of the last decade...I am out of the Church system.
Too much control ...and they are top heavy with rules and regulations which = religion ...for me.

But hey, more power to the elbow of those who are happy in theirs. :)

Likewise except it's been 28 years or so. And the Lord called us out!

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good story:

"The Lone Ember

The story goes that a man was struggling with grief and depression and no one was able to encourage him. A pastor visited the man one day and saw him seated by a glowing fire. The fire was warm but failed to dry the constant flow of the man’s tears.

The Pastor, sensing God’s direction, didn't speak a word and pulled a chair up beside the silent despairing man. He looked deep into his eyes and then reached for the fireplace ‘irons’. He stirred the coals and the fire grew hotter. Then the Pastor did something profoundly important. He slid a lone ember to the side, away from the fire, but still within the fireplace.

The ember gradually faded from a bright passionate glow to a cold and lifeless gray. The Pastor looked once again into the man’s eyes. Silent but paying strict attention the man watched as the Pastor slid the cold and lifeless ember back into the fire.

The once cold and lifeless ember ‘reignited’ almost instantly and began to glow even brighter than before! The man’s tears now pouring down his face looked into the Pastor’s eyes and finally spoke:

“Thank you Pastor for the fiery sermon. I know what I must do.”

In the fire service, many of us fall victim to burn out. We were once that bright burning ember, alive and passionate, but then something happened and we began to grow cold. What happened? What changed us and our drive to pursue it?

It is the age old statement that was discussed recently on Firefighting Today on Chief Lamb’s show:

Morale: the great force multiplier.

Why is it that we let others take away our passion? Why is it that we let circumstances dictate our level of dedication? Should not the strength of our beliefs be based on something more than the opinions of others?

Consider this principle:

The heartbeat of the fire service is morale; which is controlled, influenced, and handled by each of us.

The only thing in this world that we all can control is our attitude. However, It is much easier said than done. We are here to tell you that another way exists: A way that is often forgotten because of our pride.

Just as the lone despairing man had removed himself from the warmth of the fellowship so have many of us isolated ourselves from those that could encourage us. The author has also fallen fallen victim to this trap. At a recent fire conference our ember was placed back into the fire. Here surrounded by many passionate brothers and sisters we see the same look in their eyes: Passion!

They want to be here. They need to be here and they are looking forward to rekindling the spirit of others and thereby rekindling the fire within themselves. It is the greatest and most profound characteristic of the fire service: Brotherhood!

Dear friends our morale is controlled by our own choices and we can let others, circumstances, and our environment drain our passion or we can seek out ‘like-minded’ brothers and sisters to encourage us, recharge us, and thereby giving us the fuel to go and inspire others.

Take the time to understand that this noble calling known as firefighting is meant to be enjoyed, cherished, and shared. Choose to surround yourself with other bright and burning embers of brotherhood and their collective energy will inspire, encourage, and motivate you!

It has done so for us and we pray that you do the same."
EDIT: This is not to say that I believe a Christian MUST walk into a building because it is filled with "Christians". Fellowship is fellowship, whether in ones home or a building or even a coffee shop!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you're not going regularly, then you are forsaking the assembly.
If you're married and only go home a few times a week because you have something "better" to do, then you are forsaking your spouse.

Same
thing . . .
God knows my situation and He isn't upset that I am unable to attend every service. He is happy that I spend time with Him and fellowship with Him most of the time.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God knows my situation and He isn't upset that I am unable to attend every service. He is happy that I spend time with Him and fellowship with Him most of the time.
Worship and praise is what we do with and for God.
Fellowship is what we do with each other as the Family of God.

When I read that some of you here (and not just YOU) have left the "church scene" - I'm not sure you understand that you are disobeying God. The entire chapter of 1 Cor. 12 is about how each part of the Body of Christ NEEDS the other parts because the Body is supposed to be ONE - NOT many separate parts.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I read that some of you here (and not just YOU) have left the "church scene" - I'm not sure you understand that you are disobeying God. The entire chapter of 1 Cor. 12 is about how each part of the Body of Christ NEEDS the other parts because the Body is supposed to be ONE - NOT many separate parts.

The entire Chapter of 1 Corinthians 12 is about every member of the body operating in supernatural gifts, so that all the members play significant roles in the ministry of the Spirit.

Is your church doing this, BreadOfLife?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The entire Chapter of 1 Corinthians 12 is about every member of the body operating in supernatural gifts, so that all the members play significant roles in the ministry of the Spirit.

Is your church doing this, BreadOfLife?
Absolutely.
It is ALSO about every member of the Body NEEDING every other member of the Body.

Those of you who are saying that you don't go to a church or have been called OUT of the "church scene" are simply being disobedient servants. God didn't "call" you out - you pulled yourselves away from the Body . . .

1 Cor. 12:12-26

As a body is one though it has many parts, and all the parts of the body, though many, are one body, so also Christ.
For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, slaves or free persons, and we were all given to drink of one Spirit.

Now the body is not a single part, but many.

If a foot should say, “Because I am not a hand I do not belong to the body,” it does not for this reason belong any less to the body.
Or if an ear should say, “Because I am not an eye I do not belong to the body,” it does not for this reason belong any less to the body.
If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? If the whole body were hearing, where would the sense of smell be?
But as it is, God placed the parts, each one of them, in the body as he intended.

If they were all one part, where would the body be?
But as it is, there are many parts, yet one body.
The eye cannot say to the hand, “I do not need you,” nor again the head to the feet, “I do not need you.”
Indeed, the parts of the body that seem to be weaker are all the more necessary,
and those parts of the body that we consider less honorable we surround with greater honor, and our less presentable parts are treated with greater propriety, whereas our more presentable parts do not need this. But God has so constructed the body as to give greater honor to a part that is without it, so that there may be no division in the body, but that the parts may have the same concern for one another.

If one part suffers, all the parts suffer with it; if one part is honored, all the parts share its joy.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why put BOL on the hot seat? Hardly any church really functions like a New Testament church.
They shouldn't look like a 1st century church community.
The 1st century Church was the acorn. The Church is now the OAK that was once that acorn . . .

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely.

Ok, interesting response. If you will, please describe what the typical service in your church is like where manifestations of the supernatural gifts are concerned, in particular prophecy, tongues and interpretation, and miraculous healings. If they don't happen in typical services but have happened on occasion, describe how they occurred and when.

Blueberry

Nov 2, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know I'm not Calvinist and I think some Southern Baptist churches are.

I think most Southern Baptist churches adhere to the SBC bylaws.

Independent Baptist churches are where I find so much Calvinism. Often identified by the words "Reformed" or "Grace" in the names.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: GodsGrace

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, interesting response. If you will, please describe what the typical service in your church is like where manifestations of the supernatural gifts are concerned, in particular prophecy, tongues and interpretation, and miraculous healings. If they don't happen in typical services but have happened on occasion, describe how they occurred and when.
The holy sacrifice of the Mass is not s simply “worship service” nor is it a mere Bible study or “hymn sandwich”.
We have those as well.

The Mass is the re-presentation of Christ’s sacrifice on Calvary. It is the ultimate communal prayer of the Church whereby we celebrate the Eucharist – the Body and Blood of our Savior. The miracle of Transubstantiation takes place at EVERY Mass.

Apparently, you haven’t read 1 Cor. 12. NOT every gift of the Holy Spirit needs to be manifested at every gathering of the faithful. There are Catholic charismatic worship and healing services where we see this. The Mass is liturgicalnot charismatic. Show me where every gift was manifested at every gathering of the breaking of Bread in the NT.

It’s immature to think that this must be the ONLY criteria for every gathering of God’s people . . .

Besides – YOUR sitting at home segregated from the assembling of the faithful is condemned in the Bible. Your “Lone Ranger” brand of Christianity is found NOWHERE in Scripture.