Did dinosaurs and humans coexist?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Redeemed86

Oct 14, 2011
I want to know what you guys think about this subject. They obviously aren't millions of years old as evolution suggests. I have read a few articles online about this topic. Some suggesting God created dinosaurs as herbivore-only before the fall, and have been pointed to a couple "possible" mentions of them in Genesis:

Genesis 1:21
Genesis 1:30

I realize that God didn't go into details about his animal kingdom, but It's hard to believe that God would leave out dinosaurs.

Do you thing God allowed them to become extinct in the flood?
What's your view of this topic?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if science is right about dinosaurs?

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I want to know what you guys think about this subject. They obviously aren't millions of years old as evolution suggests. I have read a few articles online about this topic. Some suggesting God created dinosaurs as herbivore-only before the fall, and have been pointed to a couple "possible" mentions of them in Genesis:

Genesis 1:21
Genesis 1:30

I realize that God didn't go into details about his animal kingdom, but It's hard to believe that God would leave out dinosaurs.

Do you thing God allowed them to become extinct in the flood?
What's your view of this topic?

Job 40:15-24
15 Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.
16 Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly.
17 He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together.
18 His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron.
19 He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him.
20 Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play.
21 He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens.
22 The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about.
23 Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth.
24 He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares.
(KJV)

That's a dinosaur.

Most of the loud ones heard today are either the evolutionists or those who treat God's creation as being very young.

There aren't many archaeologists and geologists heard today that do also believe God's Word. But those would be the ones to ask first.

The fossil record reveals an original creation, and then a sudden destruction with a barren layer, and then another later layer of new creation. The destruction layer scientists put around 65 milliion years ago.

No human fossil remains have been dated back to that destruction layer. Human fossil remains show up much later.

Yet, both fossilized perfect human footprints have been found within dinosaur footprints, both dated at the same time, suggesting that humans and dinosaurs existed at the same time.

God's Word does not disagree with the fossil evidence. It's man that most often disagrees with God's Word as written.

Most do not consider the possibility those fossilized footprints within dinosaur footprints are angelic type footprints from a previous world. In 2 Peter 3, he mentions how some are willingly ignorant that by The Word of God "the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished." Peter divides the worlds into three, "the world that then was", "the heavens and the earth, which are now", and "new heavens and a new earth". We are still... in "the heavens and the earth, which are now" time, as Peter was referred that to his own days also.

1 - "the world that then was"
2 - "the heavens and the earth, which are now"
3 - "new heavens and a new earth"

With the time of Noah's flood, God did not create everything again. He even preserved the plant life because of the dove bring back an olive branch to Noah on the ark. And God had gathered to Noah the animals aboard the ark. That's why the time before Noah's flood is also part of todays "heavens and the earth, which are now."

Thus Peter was speaking of a previous world before Adam with "the world that then was". And many are still willingly ignorant of that old world prior to Adam.

The fossil record layer prior to the cataclysm was that world that then was, the time before Satan rebelled against God. That's when dinosaurs existed, along with angels living on the earth with God and His Garden here on earth like Gen.2 suggests. It was the time when even the earth's poles even had tropical weather and tropical plant life and animals (as the fossil records there factually reveal). It was when the deserts in New Mexico had tropical weather and palm trees, like the remains of the Putrefied Forrest reveals.

Reactions: Redeemed86

Redeemed86

Oct 14, 2011
Well first, thanks for taking the time to reply. It's hard to get a clear answer on this sort of topic without it becoming an attack on education/beliefs. I think that's the first time I've seen a believer go in depth on this including scripture. The fossil record is the one thing that is hard to just completely deny. I don't get into archaeology too much, so it's good to have someone that knows their stuff. :)

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
Funny this topic should come up. A buddy of mine posted something about dragons. There's a little lizard that has wings and resembles a dragon. Here's the link http://scienceblogs.com/sciencepunk/2010/02/real_life_dragon_discovered.php

What makes this interesting are the legends about dragons and such. I heard a theory on a Christian radio show about this. I'm paraphrasing obv.

LIzards grow to the size of their environment, based on the amount they eat, or how long they live. Basically, Lizards never stop growing. Imagine a healthy planet. Lizards could have lived hundreds of years. An alligator that lived 200 years would be huge. It's very likely even animals lived longer thousands of years ago than they do today. It's very likely this would explain dinosaur fossils, and the behemoths in the Bible.

The lizard in the article has the potential to become a giant flying tyrant of the skies.