Did God Need Jesus' Sacrifice to Make You Acceptable to Him?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nice! now it only remains to discover why those of a better covenant still perceive from the pov of the old covenant, i guess

in the old covenant people killed animals to temporarily cover the sins that they kept doing, in the new covenant Christ showed us how to walk without sinning with the HS help.... notice that sin never ceases to exist... how might that be possible if there are no rules break? this is the question most either can't or refuse to answer.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Hmmm. Who told you this? I would like to see your permit to bear the truth.

Christ's sacrifice was to inaugurate the new covenant.
Hebrews 9:15 And for this cause He is the Mediator of the new testament / covenant, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were covered under the first testament, those who are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is of force after men are dead, otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

For our "Passover Lamb" has been slain ... that which you quote above even points to that. Where was the blood of the passover applied, what does that correlate unto? What did the blood of the passover do / provide?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
True.
God set His plan in motion already knowing man would fail. That is why
" The Lamb was slain before the foundation of the world."
He didn't "need" a sacrifice, He already knew by LOVE what the sacrifice would be...Himself. That is how much He loved us, even when we were all still in Him, and even Adam had not been brought forth.
That's why I cannot believe in the hell that some people preach.
Punishment yes, cleansing fire ,yes....but every man saved in his own order.
As I see it, that was His Plan before He even spoke Time into being.

"Down from His glory,
Ever living story,
My God and Savior came,
And Jesus was His name.
Born in a manger,
To His own a stranger,
A man of sorrows, tears and agony.
Refrain
O how I love Him! How I adore Him!
My breath, my sunshine, my all in all.
The great Creator became my Savior,
And all God’s fullness dwelleth in Him.

Probably not your theology , but it is mine :D

Got a lot to do with this

Luk 14:28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
Luk 14:29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,
Luk 14:30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.
Luk 14:31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?
Luk 14:32 Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace.

God would never have started all of this if He knew full well He couldnt complete it.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, God needed Jesus Christ sacrifice to make His people righteous and acceptable before Him. (Rom. 3:26) "To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Without the sacrifice of Christ God would be unjust in allowing you in His presence.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Hmmm. Who told you this? I would like to see your permit to bear the truth.
ha well yes that was perhaps put a bit strongly for effect lol--BAM post your verse and let's prove that i am wrong.
Hebrews 9:15 And for this cause He is the Mediator of the new testament / covenant, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were covered under the first testament, those who are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is of force after men are dead, otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.
oh duh, this is them lol. Ok, i agree with all of these, but they do not state that God required them at any time, see, we just infer that. They might even be understood to be saying that "this is all for the heirs; I'm out of this entirely" see.

Since of course God is not dead, right, even though Jesus is God to many ppl.
And Christ resurrected anyway, so who died here? Iow the Testator liveth, so now what?
(imo this is actually another thread, someone does need to "die" right, but this is a diff subject)

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yes, God needed Jesus Christ sacrifice to make His people righteous and acceptable before Him. (Rom. 3:26) "To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Without the sacrifice of Christ God would be unjust in allowing you in His presence.

Stranger
Justifying those in Christ is not the same thing as "God needed Jesus Christ sacrifice," and we can even go into Romans 3 if you like, as it contains the seeds of the destruction of that imo. All i'm looking for is a "So that we might be acceptable to God" v, shouldn't be too hard to find, right, here is a search of that to get you started, guess there's like at least 68 vv in a link down there.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Christ's sacrifice was to inaugurate the new covenant.
i completely agree. We have a problem. But you are just fine as far as God is concerned; God has no problems with you just the way you are, as "Who told you that you were naked?" makes very plain imo

iow i am saying that all this "God is very angry at you, and will send you to hell or to somewhere different than everyone else is going, unless you do exactly as i say" is a damned lie. You will reap what you sow, and God will love you either way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miss Hepburn

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Where are the verses that support your claim?
default_noidea.gif

i have already given them, more than once, and if you look into the "68 vv" in my post to Stranger, you might find your best ammo i guess. Who told you that you were naked, Job?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
in the old covenant people killed animals to temporarily cover the sins that they kept doing, in the new covenant Christ showed us how to walk without sinning with the HS help.... notice that sin never ceases to exist... how might that be possible if there are no rules break? this is the question most either can't or refuse to answer.
could you rephrase this Q? too many elements to deal with for me, ty

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have already given them, more than once, and if you look into the "68 vv" in my post to Stranger, you might find your best ammo i guess. Who told you that you were naked, Job?

A link to your google search is not posting any support for your beliefs. I don't follow links and I don't believe anyone else does either.

Tell me, what are your personal beliefs regarding Jesus? Who is He to you personally?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
A link to your google search is not posting any support for your beliefs.
more importantly i would say, they are not supporting any of y...the other belief
I don't follow links and I don't believe anyone else does either.
ppl believe all kinds of things, doesn't make them true Job. The link was an aid, that you may certainly esch...decline to pursue
Tell me, what are your personal beliefs regarding Jesus? Who is He to you personally?
Christ is my high Priest, Job, the One directly above me. And if you ever catch me advising anyone to not follow Christ, you will be vindicated ok.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I stated before in #24, as proven by (Rom. 3:26), Jesus Christ sacrifice is necessary to God so that He might be just in justifying us. This is finding us acceptable to God as (Eph. 1:4) states. "According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love."

So, in order to be before God without blame, or acceptable, we have to be 'in Christ'. The only way to be 'in Christ' is through Christs death, burial, and resurrection. Thus Christ's sacrifice is necessary to God to find us acceptable to Him.

And Christ's sacrifice makes God just in finding us acceptable to Him.

Stranger

Reactions: mjrhealth

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009, you have some mighty big kahunas to write what you have on any Christian Forum!
That's all I have to say...and you have been treated pretty well here!
I would never have. EDIT: But, below I ended up doing just that! HA!
Go figure...
Good for you ! *applauseemoji*

Since Feb 2010, I remember the instant when I realized Jesus didn't die for my sins.*
He certainly lived to teach us so much and was killed for it. EDIT: My plan was to end here! Lol...

* It was like the Holy Spirit brought in angels singing...the freedom knowing that it was never
'me'...I was always loved...no savior to die needed, since I was always loved.
A holy teacher to guide me to the Truth and to my Father, yes.
But, I saw, the Father never wanted blood sacrifices, would never
torture His own Son...I was ingrained with untruths by
men following savage, primitive thoughts of ignorant men blaming a God; but they
drifted so far away from their Origin they forgot who they were,
thus suffered in this physical earth...so blamed their very Creator!
'He' was angry, thus, thunder, floods, earthquakes..."Let's slit the throat of a goat, then."

They made up stories similar to throwing virgins in volcanoes...as if these barbaric murders
would placate the Volcano, aka God Himself.
The barbaric, bloody solutions were like those of the savage thoughts of children
pulling wings off of butterflies...or killing lambs!
I have to stop...it is so ridiculous this blood sacrifice was 'needed' by God ....oh my gosh, can't believe I expressed this on a Christian site....
thing is
ppl need to believe what they do for a reason...so I'm not here to change anyone...
'you' want to believe God 'needed' Jesus' blood to be spilled ...fine with me...we can find many things we do agree on.
Jesus taught us nothing is what it appears to be, ie, death, water, sickness...physical 'laws'.
He didn't have to die for me to be atoned/attuned to my Holy Father.
But, thank you Jesus and the Christ in you that came here for us.
notworthy.gif

License needed? My brain, my readiness and opening to the revelation from God shown to me...downloaded into my being...transforming my life into praise.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Since Feb 2010, I remember the instant when I realized Jesus didn't die for my sins.*
ha, talk about big cojones lol
I have to stop...it is so ridiculous this blood sacrifice was 'needed' by God
we even have vv that state this directly
I was ingrained with untruths by men following savage, primitive thoughts of ignorant men blaming a God
ty, yes. And our adolescents declaring "i hate you" just does not seem to sink in i guess
He didn't have to die for me to be atoned/attuned to my Holy Father.
But, thank you Jesus and the Christ in you that came here for us.
notworthy.gif
amen. Scapegoats serve a useful purpose, until one no longer needs them

Last edited:
Reactions: Miss Hepburn

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am confused about the sacrifice theory. In the real world at the time of this event Jesus was preaching to the crowds about the verses in the Testament. Which at the time was a collection of events between the Lord and the Jewish people.

Today we call this collection the Old Testament. Anyway, the verses Jesus was reciting were about the terrible things the Jewish people had done in the past. As a result, the local Jewish Rabi’s convinced the Romans to sacrifice Jesus to shut Him up. In my view, this was not a sacrifice to forgive our sins.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I am confused about the sacrifice theory. In the real world at the time of this event Jesus was preaching to the crowds about the verses in the Testament. Which at the time was a collection of events between the Lord and the Jewish people.

Today we call this collection the Old Testament. Anyway, the verses Jesus was reciting were about the terrible things the Jewish people had done in the past. As a result, the local Jewish Rabi’s convinced the Romans to sacrifice Jesus to shut Him up. In my view, this was not a sacrifice to forgive our sins.
"the Son of Man must be raised up like a snake on a pole, in order to draw men to Himself."

kinda takes on a different perspective now, huh. Still true, 100%, only the reason why is occluded