Did God Need Jesus' Sacrifice to Make You Acceptable to Him?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After a confession like that, one has to wonder why you're here hanging with a bunch people that believe He did.

You will never learn the truth if you only converse with folks that all believe in the same lie.

I have come back to correct my statement. I should not have used the term "lie". It is more of a misunderstanding.

Last edited:

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Nothing is impossible for God. There for all things are possible with God.
I do agree also that we are of massive great value to God and are not lowly sinners. He dosent even call us sinners in the new covanant. He calls us sons and joint aires. The pearl of great price I used to believe was Christ. Then Holy Ghost said no it is you. Clear as a bell.

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009, you have some mighty big kahunas to write what you have on any Christian Forum!
That's all I have to say...and you have been treated pretty well here!
I would never have. EDIT: But, below I ended up doing just that! HA!
Go figure...
Good for you ! *applauseemoji*

Since Feb 2010, I remember the instant when I realized Jesus didn't die for my sins.*
He certainly lived to teach us so much and was killed for it. EDIT: My plan was to end here! Lol...

* It was like the Holy Spirit brought in angels singing...the freedom knowing that it was never
'me'...I was always loved...no savior to die needed, since I was always loved.
A holy teacher to guide me to the Truth and to my Father, yes.
But, I saw, the Father never wanted blood sacrifices, would never
torture His own Son...I was ingrained with untruths by
men following savage, primitive thoughts of ignorant men blaming a God; but they
drifted so far away from their Origin they forgot who they were,
thus suffered in this physical earth...so blamed their very Creator!
'He' was angry, thus, thunder, floods, earthquakes..."Let's slit the throat of a goat, then."

They made up stories similar to throwing virgins in volcanoes...as if these barbaric murders
would placate the Volcano, aka God Himself.
The barbaric, bloody solutions were like those of the savage thoughts of children
pulling wings off of butterflies...or killing lambs!
I have to stop...it is so ridiculous this blood sacrifice was 'needed' by God ....oh my gosh, can't believe I expressed this on a Christian site....
thing is
ppl need to believe what they do for a reason...so I'm not here to change anyone...
'you' want to believe God 'needed' Jesus' blood to be spilled ...fine with me...we can find many things we do agree on.
Jesus taught us nothing is what it appears to be, ie, death, water, sickness...physical 'laws'.
He didn't have to die for me to be atoned/attuned to my Holy Father.
But, thank you Jesus and the Christ in you that came here for us.
notworthy.gif

License needed? My brain, my readiness and opening to the revelation from God shown to me...downloaded into my being...transforming my life into praise.
Have you been hanging out with Jim Carey?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing is impossible for God. There for all things are possible with God.
I do agree also that we are of massive great value to God and are not lowly sinners. He dosent even call us sinners in the new covanant. He calls us sons and joint aires. The pearl of great price I used to believe was Christ. Then Holy Ghost said no it is you. Clear as a bell.

It is impossible for you to be found acceptable to God without the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

For you to be under grace means you are a sinner. Else no need for grace. (Rom. 4;7-8)

Stranger

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After a confession like that, one has to wonder why you're here
hanging with a bunch people that believe He did.
Whew, this wasn't bold and in red in the quote caption, as if ya can't see it in regular type...gee.
There are other aspects to Jesus than just that, come on. I am not a tunnel vision person...
nor a rigid, narrow black and white thinker, imposing my beliefs on others.
People can love, adore, follow, respect Jesus knowing he lived for us, rather than died
as a sacrificial lamb to appease our Father, ya know....as the culture and time believed and actually needed in order to open to an atonement/reconciliation.
God is so amazing...people thought they needed that so he gave them that so they could open to Him, due to their concepts...as if He was ever closed off!
He'll do anything to bring us closer to Him!!
love9.gif

Just as people think they need an aspirin for a headache when all they have to do is a healing upon themselves with the aid of the Holy Spirit...
if that is the mind set of some, that they need and aspirin or a symbol of blood
to open to the connection and grace that never stopped flowing from our Father...I say, Fine...so be it...whatever you need...
more power to ya...don't need to change your thinking ...you are in your perfect space...
as am I.

I made a statement ...so what?...that is where I am at now.
I have no intention of 'putting you down' for your position...but, it is no longer mine.

I love Christians
hug1.gif
...so what ...we disagree on one thing that I usually never bring up!
If you would like to boycott my posts now...by all means do so.
glasses9.gif

I will continue to find value in yours.

If you would like to make more posts trying to convert my beliefs that Jesus indeed was
a sacrificial lamb needed by the Almighty...that is fine.
I actually will not try to convince you of anything different...tho, I may commiserate with
others that believe as I do....but these post will not be meant for you....
you are perfect thinking what you do.

Last edited:

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
iow i am saying that all this "God is very angry at you, and will send you to hell or to somewhere different than everyone else is going, unless you do exactly as i say" is a damned lie. You will reap what you sow, and God will love you either way.
Does God love evil? if you know your doing evil and continue in doing it does God still love you?
In the book I read God advises us to be perfect.... To turn from doing evil.....The spirit has advised us to walk even as Christ walked. If these verses don't hold the meaning they imply then why are they there?
When one intelligent being communicates with another it requires that meaning and intent reaches the recipient which is why God has both spoken in words and performed in action to convey understanding to us. The bottom line always seems to come around to our intent that dictates how God deals with us.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I made a statement ...so what?...that is where I am at now.

And if you died "where you're at now", you would die in your sins and be held accountable for every one of them because of your unbelief.

It's that simple.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if you died "where you're at now", you would die in your sins and be held accountable for every one of them because of your unbelief.

It's that simple.

I just want to add that people are free to believe as they wish. It's none of my business, but I would be remiss not to mention the utter blindness of that statement.

Reactions: bbyrd009

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tend to think of God the Father as the mind of God; Jesus, His heart, broken on the Cross due to the break in our relationship with Him; the Holy Spirit, His will; His action in His Creation and joy in our new covenant with Him.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Isaiah 53
"Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?
>>>
4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5 But He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on Him the iniquity of us all.
7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: He is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so He openeth not His mouth.
8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise Him; He hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make His soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand.
11 He shall see of the travail of His soul, and shall be satisfied: by His knowledge shall my Righteous Servant justify many; for He shall bear their iniquities."

Reactions: Job and pia

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if you died "where you're at now",
you would die in your sins and be held accountable for every one of
them because of your unbelief.
It's that simple..
That is your belief system, surely, not mine...fear is not any sort of motivator for me.
icon_cool.gif

Just imagine if you had said, "But, my dear sis, don't you want to be in Heaven with
God when you pass over? I will pray for you."
What a different way of seeing things, saying things, presenting this with a feeling
of caring...and some sincere feeling of kindness...in pretty pink large letters that you love so...

Reactions: bbyrd009 and aspen

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is your belief system, surely, not mine...fear is not any sort of motivator for me.
icon_cool.gif

Nor is it a motivator for me either.

I wasn't trying to scare you. I was simply telling you the way it is.

Just imagine if you had said, "But, my dear sis, don't you want to be in Heaven with
God when you pass over? I will pray for you."

I imagine I would be telling you something you have no doubt heard a few times over the last 7 years. If it didn't work then, why would today be any different? And I'm sure many have prayed for you over the years yet you still reject the truth. What would be the point?

What a different way of seeing things, saying things, presenting this with a feeling
of caring...and some sincere feeling of kindness...
in pretty pink large letters that you love so...

I'm afraid the meaning of my words would get lost in all the flowers and sunshine. If you were new to this than maybe, but you're not. You've had years to mull over your rejection of the sacrifice Jesus made for you. You can believe what you wish, but the truth of the matter is, on the day that Jesus willfully walked to His death, He did it for you.

default_sad030.gif

Last edited:

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just read John 3:16-17 that is all that we need to know being saved by God's grace through Jesus Christ!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
..fear is not any sort of motivator for me
I am a little confused here, sorry...You do get that it is of/from Love not fear, right ?...Love destroys ALL fear.....His Love is trying to spare us from drifting off into the blackness/ the void once our spirit separates from our physical body.....His Love is offering us a free pass, so to speak, to come into the 'space' of His Light, His Life and His Love instead of going to where none of those things exist.....thus 'the void' / 'Death'.........
What do you believe about Jesus, if I may ask ?

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is impossible for you to be found acceptable to God without the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

For you to be under grace means you are a sinner. Else no need for grace. (Rom. 4;7-8)

Stranger
Not for God. we are talking about what He can do. Not what we cant.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actually Miss Hepburn. God did, need Jesus to die for us. Was it His choice. I really do doubt that, but us in our sin full state could never return to God. Jesus had to die, to pay the price for our sins, if it where not so, do you really think He would of "willingly" go to that cross knowing all that He would suffer, are we really willing to belittle all that He did for us. Besides I know He did, because He told me so Himself. Its teh reason why I am still here, and not hanging off a rope somewhere.

Reactions: pia and Armadillo

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not for God. we are talking about what He can do. Not what we cant.

Yes, for God. It is impossible for you to be found acceptable to Him without the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. To even suggest that God could have found us acceptable another way is appalling to me.

Again, the verses I gave prove it. (Rom. 3:26) (Eph. 1:4) (Rom. 4:7-8)

The opening post is not just heretical, it is blasphemous towards God. Most especially towards God the Father. The sacrifice of the Son was the Fathers will. It was His plan from the beginning. (Eph. 1:3-4) The Son was willing and obedient to the Father. (John 17:4) To indicate, as the opening post does, that God could have done it another way is to make light of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. And, not to just make light of His sacrifice, but it places God the Father in the position of being guilty of the torture and murder of His Son. For the opening post says He didn't have to do it. So if He didn't 'have' to do it, and did it...how cruel would that be?

And, such a statement in the opening post shows no understanding of the Person of God the Father. The Son gave His life. The Father gave the Son. Does any here believe that the Father did not love the Son? Does any here believe that the Father didn't feel the heartbreak of giving the Son for us? The Son felt the torturous pain of separation from the Father while on the Cross. (Matt. 27:46) He cried out, "why hast thou forsaken me?" Is there anyone here who believes that they could here such a cry from their child and not be broken inside? The Father felt the pain of His Gift to us. He felt the loss as His Son was dying on the Cross, yet He did not spare Him. (Rom. 8:32) To even entertain such a thought as that there was another way is to know nothing of God.

Stranger

Reactions: pia and mjrhealth