Did God Need Jesus' Sacrifice to Make You Acceptable to Him?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
None of the verses prove that God cannot use any other means
oh, i wouldn't say that there is any other way for us to be with God ok, even if Christ does have many Names.
If one wants to be with God, they need Christ imo. They just do not need me to define Him i guess
I could quote more scriptures that would help your case.
i'd think better ones would be the "God requires..." vv, i kind of prepared my defense for those lol.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
To even suggest that God could have found us acceptable another way is appalling to me.
well of course no one is suggesting that, that is not what the op is saying at all.
Romans 3:26
He wanted to demonstrate at the present time that he himself is righteous and that he justifies anyone who has the faithfulness of Jesus.

so then we are justified to God when we follow Christ, but as we have just seen imo that is what makes it possible for us to stand in the Light; but the Light did not change toward us in any way because of that.

Job is forgiven--at least by me--but how is that helping him now?

being forgiven will not avail you in that day, see, you are already forgiven, in Christ.
Christ has covered all of your sins, past, present, and future, most likely.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
(Eph. 1:4)
For He chose us in Him, before the foundation of the world, to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love

this also gives no indication that i can see that God needs anything at all. God chooses, certainly, those who can stand in the light, imo simply because it would be pointless to choose those who cannot stand in the light; but that does not mean that they are hated or even not loved by God.

Reactions: Ally.s.j

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
From Matthew 18: "15 “Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone."
I never noticed this verse before! I agree...I see all too often on TV people
railing someone in front of others...and I have thought,
"But, they should have taken them aside."
And here it is in the Bible!
Amazing how God has to tell us how to eat, treat our family, our friends, our bosses...
most everything! (Seek the Kingdom of Heaven first....;]
yes, so i likely owe some apologies myself for not strictly adhering to this, but i had hoped the issue was irrelevant enough to make a good example.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Since what has been said in the opening post is a lie, then this is certainly a fight for truth. The verses I gave do prove God needs the Sacrifice of Christ to make one saved and acceptable to Him.

Stranger
No they dont. Thats in your thinking and traditional church teaching. And your part of only one denomination who thinks they have got it right and everyone else has got it wrong. Please explain nothing is imposible for God?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What did Job do that you feel the need to forgive him?
oh, i'm not going over all that again; if you like, you can ask yourself why you are blind to your sin if you want, or you can reread, or you can confess and rebound. Or you can continue to pretend, like you are doing. You are the one who broke forum rules, after all. Well, i exclude Stranger because he has already chosen to "ignore," but i guess you get the point. Go ask Miss Hepburn, if you like, maybe she knows something you do not here. Sticking with the analogy, maybe enough pride will overcome your shame, i guess we'll see.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What did Job do that you feel the need to forgive him?
you could go back to where you left the convo, and reply to one of the posts you skipped. You could do a hundred other things, prolly, other than cherry pick a post to essentially make jokes in, see.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
@bbyrd009 Well this is a legitimate question, unless Job sinned against you, why do you need to forgive Him?? You forgiving him doesnt change his standing with God...
no, but Miss Hepburn surely has a voice in this, that has not been heard. Is she to just be ignored then?
Do i need to go dig up the post wherein she gave her opinion and was condemned for it, or what.
Job assured me--in another thread--that the matter was settled; should i assume that @Miss Hepburn agrees? Did i miss a post?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
no, but Miss Hepburn surely has a voice in this, that has not been heard. Is she to just be ignored then?
Do i need to go dig up the post wherein she gave her opinion and was condemned for it, or what.
Job assured me--in another thread--that the matter was settled; should i assume that @Miss Hepburn agrees? Did i miss a post?
Which post do we speak of ??

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No they dont. Thats in your thinking and traditional church teaching. And your part of only one denomination who thinks they have got it right and everyone else has got it wrong. Please explain nothing is imposible for God?

No, that is the teaching of Scripture. And I explained how these Scriptures prove God needed the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ to find any believer saved and acceptable to him.

You on the other hand just say things such as 'No they don't'. And then provide nothing. Well, everyone's got one of those.

Who is saying 'nothing is impossible with God'? If I haven't said it, why do you ask me to prove it. If you believe it, prove that God did not need Christ's Sacrifice to make believers saved and acceptable to Him. And of course you must answer the Scripture I gave which prove otherwise.

Anyone can 'say' anything. Which is all the opening post does and which is what you are doing also.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Which post do we speak of ??
And if you died "where you're at now", you would die in your sins and be held accountable for every one of them because of your unbelief.

It's that simple.

the one where Job turned judge (just like we pretty much all do). Now he may have also put the matter to rest, in some post that i missed; iow there may be an apology post, and i needn't bother looking for the forgiveness post, bc when you apologize and rebound is when you are "saved," right, not when you are forgiven. Which might sound weird, but we can testify that even if Miss Hepburn does not forgive Job, God does. Already did. So that would be on her, right.

But what i am finding is a forgiveness post, but no apology at all, iow exactly (what we can expect) the opposite

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Thank you.
ok, this will take a little seeing, ok, because i purposely chose a matter that is inconsequential.

but it should be clear to you that Miss Hepburn likely has a different perspective on this matter, at least.
So "thank you" is unfortunately not even the correct response here imo, even though it allows you to retain pride.
Who will speak for Miss Hepburn, the one condemned in this?
Sure, she forgave you; but what for? did you accept her forgiveness? did you even ask/beg for it?

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
@bbyrd009 Well this is a legitimate question, unless Job sinned against you, why do you need to forgive Him?? You forgiving him doesnt change his standing with God...
how long before i am condemned for my opinion then? Or you, yours?
my forgiving him changes my standing with God, not his, i agree there; but the Q is...basically stated in the post above.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Actually her voice has been heard. You didn't notice because your animosity toward me has blinded you. This whole dust up isn't even about her, it's about you and the negative feelings you have toward me.

If you had the tiniest bit of understanding, you would see in the quotes below that she holds no ill will toward me nor I toward her. The first 2 quotes is the end of our conversation. Where do you see all this condemnation you claim exists?

The second 2 quotes is where you decided she needed defending. Where do you see that she feels she has been wronged?

I see a "Thank you". What do you see?

You can believe what you wish,
Thank you.
It's really none of my business what this individual does.
Thank you again.