Did Jesus claim to be God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the verse starts by Jesus Christ saying(describing) God as a singular Spirit, then it speaks of worshipping HIM, 2 times as HIM....not Jesus, but HIM....God(in spirit/truth).

And yes, we now worship Jesus, whom everything God consists of, that fully indwells Jesus, bodily.

My point, not every bit of God could fit in Jesus' man sized body on earth, so he had to be made a quickening spirit by his God after resurrecting.

Then, and only then, could men worship Jesus as God, the Everlasting Father....by default because of the Col 2:9 effect on his post resurrected body.

Pre cross, Jesus was not God, but described God as a Spirit, which he was not.

Post cross, Jesus was fully indwelled by everything his God consists of, bodily, which makes God nowhere else but inside Jesus' body, which makes Jesus his God by default.
man oh man, the blind leading the blind,

Hebrews 5:12 "For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat."
Hebrews 5:13 "For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe."
Hebrews 5:14 "But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil."

PICJAG.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
man oh man, the blind leading the blind,

Hebrews 5:12 "For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat."
Hebrews 5:13 "For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe."
Hebrews 5:14 "But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil."

PICJAG.
Jesus speaking in heaven now.....

Rev 3
12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

...I now finally see.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No, the verse starts by Jesus Christ saying(describing) God as a singular Spirit, then it speaks of worshipping HIM, 2 times as HIM....not Jesus, but HIM....God(in spirit/truth).

And yes, we now worship Jesus, whom everything God consists of, that fully indwells Jesus, bodily.

My point, not every bit of God could fit in Jesus' man sized body on earth, so he had to be made a quickening spirit by his God after resurrecting.

Then, and only then, could men worship Jesus as God, the Everlasting Father....by default because of the Col 2:9 effect on his post resurrected body.

Pre cross, Jesus was not God, but described God as a Spirit, which he was not.

Post cross, Jesus was fully indwelled by everything his God consists of, bodily, which makes God nowhere else but inside Jesus' body, which makes Jesus his God by default.
You are injecting your own flawed human reasoning over scripture and I have had enough. This has to be my final goodbye.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus speaking in heaven now.....

Rev 3
12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

...I now finally see.
as far as your nose?
you quoted, "and I will write upon him the name of my God"
look, this is just what I'm saying. Just one question, "Who name did he write?" ..... look at the end of the verse and see.

PICJAG.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as far as your nose?
you quoted, "and I will write upon him the name of my God"
look, this is just what I'm saying. Just one question, "Who name did he write?" ..... look at the end of the verse and see.

PICJAG.
The question you should ask is who is the God of Jesus per the verse?

He only said he has a God 4 times in a single verse.....over 30 years after resurrrecting.

Was Jesus misspeaking?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are injecting your own flawed human reasoning over scripture and I have had enough. This has to be my final goodbye.
Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

....he said this from heaven.

Deal with it....I had to.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question you should ask is who is the God of Jesus per the verse?

He only said he has a God 4 times in a single verse.....over 30 years after resurrrecting.

Was Jesus misspeaking?
My, my, my. the God of JESUS is him, JESUS, did you not read, "and I will write upon him my new name" MY is ME. my God, how hared is it to understand. when Jesus said "I will write the name of .... of....of... "MY" God on them, "MY" here is me, LISTEN, "and I will write upon him my new name" I thought he was writting "HIS" God name on them... lol, can you see? ME is "MINE". the NEW name is "JESUS".

yes, Hebrews 5:12-14 is in effect.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
....he said this from heaven.

Deal with it....I had to.
he said this too from heaven, listen, Revelation 22:1 "And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb."
Revelation 22:2 "In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations."
Revelation 22:3 "And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:"
Revelation 22:4 "And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads."

see Truther his, his, his, NAME shall be in their foreheads and also we shall see his, his, his, "FACE" and not their faces... lol, lol, lol.

now deal with that. people just don't READ. Hebrews 5:12-14 in effect.

PICJAG.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My, my, my. the God of JESUS is him, JESUS, did you not read, "and I will write upon him my new name" MY is ME. my God, how hared is it to understand. when Jesus said "I will write the name of .... of....of... "MY" God on them, "MY" here is me, LISTEN, "and I will write upon him my new name" I thought he was writting "HIS" God name on them... lol, can you see? ME is "MINE". the NEW name is "JESUS".

yes, Hebrews 5:12-14 is in effect.

PICJAG.
Oh, I see now.

Jesus said this...

12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of mySELF, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of mySELF, and the name of the city of mySELF, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from mySELF: and I will write upon him my new name.

Not this....

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, I see now.

Jesus said this...

12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of mySELF, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of mySELF, and the name of the city of mySELF, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from mySELF: and I will write upon him my new name.

Not this....

Oh, and what was Jesus' old name?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, I see now.

Jesus said this...

Not this....

see the post #267 and the post above...... #268 :eek: (smile), lol. my, my, my

ever learning but not able to come to the truth. DID YOU SEE WHO NAME HE WROTE?

PICJAG.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he said this too from heaven, listen, Revelation 22:1 "And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb."
Revelation 22:2 "In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations."
Revelation 22:3 "And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:"
Revelation 22:4 "And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads."

see Truther his, his, his, NAME shall be in their foreheads and also we shall see his, his, his, "FACE" and not their faces... lol, lol, lol.

now deal with that. people just don't READ. Hebrews 5:12-14 in effect.

PICJAG.
What is Jesus' new name?

Jesus?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
see the post #267 and the post above...... #268 :eek: (smile), lol. my, my, my

ever learning but not able to come to the truth. DID YOU SEE WHO NAME HE WROTE?

PICJAG.
What is Jesus' new name if thou canst tell?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can someone tell me Jesus' old name, then his new name?

I have no idea what his new name is...I only know his 2000 year old name.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is Jesus' new name if thou canst tell?
it's bad enough when people get caught up in a lie, but to act as ignorant is icing on the cake, scripture, Revelation 19:12 "His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself."

as God, only he knew that the dominating language to come, (ENGLISH), wil contain the "J" to make the transliteration of Yeshua into English "JESUS.. oh how so easy. see.... there is no "J" in Hebrew, as so many bring it to our attention. lol, lol, lol. but we would like to bring to their attention, there is the "J" in English that was to come, and only Jesus/Yeshua knew it, because he is God....

PICJAG.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it's bad enough when people get caught up in a lie, but to act as ignorant is icing on the cake, scripture, Revelation 19:12 "His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself."

as God, only he knew that the dominating language to come, (ENGLISH), wil contain the "J" to make the transliteration of Yeshua into English "JESUS.. oh how so easy. see.... there is no "J" in Hebrew, as so many bring it to our attention. lol, lol, lol. but we would like to bring to their attention, there is the "J" in English that was to come, and only Jesus/Yeshua knew it, because he is God....

PICJAG.
So plainly say what Jesus' new name is.

Thanks.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Jesus' new name that nobody knows Yeshua?
my, my, my, listen, "the transliteration of Yeshua into English "JESUS".

got that? God's name is "Yeshua" it's H3444 OT, and NT G2424 Ἰησοῦς Iesous (yee-sous') n/p.

PICJAG.