Did Jesus die on Friday?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No! Joh 19:14 Q~Now it was the Day of Preparation OF the Passover, exactly the sixth hour"~Q, Roman time corresponding with all three the other Gospels, "the morning early", Pilate said, "Look, here is your king!"

Grab them ankles again....

Joh 19:14 (Now it was the day of preparation44 for the Passover, about noon.45 ) Pilate said to the Jewish leaders, "Look, here is your king!"

Net Bible commentary: Joh 19:14 -
44 sn The term day of preparation (παρασκευή, paraskeuē) appears in all the gospels as a description of the day on which Jesus died. It could refer to any Friday as the day of preparation for the Sabbath (Saturday), and this is the way the synoptic gospels use the term (Mat_27:62; Mar_15:42, and Luk_23:54). John, however, specifies in addition that this was not only the day of preparation of the Sabbath, but also the day of preparation of the Passover, so that the Sabbath on the following day was the Passover (cf. Joh_19:31).

45 tn Grk "about the sixth hour."
sn For John, the time was especially important. When the note concerning the hour, about noon, is connected with the day, the day of preparation for the Passover, it becomes apparent that Jesus was going to die on the cross at the very time that the Passover lambs were being slain in the temple courts.

You can let go of your ankles now... your second... spiritual spanking is complete!
Paul

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
John, however, specifies in addition that this was not only the day of preparation of the Sabbath, but also the day of preparation of the Passover, so that the Sabbath on the following day was the Passover (cf. Joh_19:31).

HUH? Please read for me where you read this nonsense? And for what? So you can get a Sunday Resurrection? And get rid of Scripture aah I see! Congratulations, you'll need it.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear man, I have never said anything different. I always have quoted Exodus 12:15 et al.
I have always maintained, not only <The day of preparation is for preparing for teh feast of unleavened bread! that is the day when all Jewish households are to remove all leavened products from their houses!>, but I have always referred to 2Cronicles 35 where it also says, "prepare and KILL the passover" 10,11; "KILL the passover and prepare" 6; "kept the passover and KILLED on the 14th and PREPARED their houses" 1,4. And I have always also written, "they KILLED the passover on the first day WITHOUT LEAVEN" Mark 14:12 Matthew 26:17 Luke 22:7 "THE DAY BEFORE THE FEAST DAYS" John 13:1.

Your timing is all screwed up!

Teh disciples prepared the passover on Thursday- that day is not the day of preparation. There is Passover, then the day of preparation, then the feast of unleavened bread.

The day Jesus died was the day before a high day- which was unleavened bread! And that high day fell on a sabbath that year- or Saturday, so Jesus died on Friday1

The priests went to Pilate on the day of preparation to have Jesus crucified! It was not on the day before passover. When the disciples yused the word prepare- they simply were asking where to make ready the passover- no reference to the day of prep.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're a LIAR man! Quote where YOU say is written, <that Saturday was a high day>;
and quote where it is written what YOU say is written, <it - Saturday - was the start of unleavened bread>.
You are a LIAR man!

John 19:31
The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.

Until you repent of calling me a liar- This is the last response on this issue.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Your timing is all screwed up!

Teh disciples prepared the passover on Thursday- that day is not the day of preparation. There is Passover, then the day of preparation, then the feast of unleavened bread.

The day Jesus died was the day before a high day- which was unleavened bread! And that high day fell on a sabbath that year- or Saturday, so Jesus died on Friday1

The priests went to Pilate on the day of preparation to have Jesus crucified! It was not on the day before passover. When the disciples yused the word prepare- they simply were asking where to make ready the passover- no reference to the day of prep.
John 19:31
The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.
Until you repent of calling me a liar- This is the last response on this issue.

No! "It WAS the Day-of-Preparation" OF, the feast of unleavened bread "on the sabbath because That Day, was great-day-of-sabbath-of(-passover)".
The Jews did not call feast days Sabbaths! They were either high days or days of convocation! Jesus had already eatentrhe passover like all other Jews did- on thursday night which was the start of friday. Go speak to some Jewish people who know their history better than you and learn.

GerhardEbersoehn said:
No! Joh 19:14 Q~Now it was the Day of Preparation OF the Passover, exactly the sixth hour"~Q, Roman time corresponding with all three the other Gospels, "the morning early", Pilate said, "Look, here is your king!"
There is no Day of preparation for the passover! That is a man made monstrosity! There is in Jewish custom- tyhe day of preparation for the feast of unleavened bread when the householders search the house to remove all traces of leaven for the seven day feast!

Cheers Paul Pierac. I despise joking with God's Word. Enough is enough.

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No! "It WAS the Day-of-Preparation" OF, the feast of unleavened bread "on the sabbath because That Day, was great-day-of-sabbath-of(-passover)".

The Jews did not call feast days Sabbaths! They were either high days or days of convocation! Jesus had already eatentrhe passover like all other Jews did- on thursday night which was the start of friday. Go speak to some Jewish people who know their history better than you and learn.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There is no Day of preparation for the passover! That is a man made monstrosity! There is in Jewish custom- tyhe day of preparation for the feast of unleavened bread when the householders search the house to remove all traces of leaven for the seven day feast!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
285626916_10210217891919987_6158709471184600516_n.jpg

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi all,
For anyone new to this forum, I offer my video explanation of Passion week. Enjoy.

Jesus Crucified Wednesday.
Is Time the measure of God, or of worldly things?

What really matters then, is not those things of God through the eyes of the world, but that it was even "before the foundation of the world."

Then Jesus translates to say, "after three days I will rise." Which fits what was prophesied and "a time, times, and half a time."

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
For anyone new to this forum, I offer my video explanation of Passion week. Enjoy.

Just another WC. Your first words had to have been, not, "Wednesday morning" and the cock crow, but, "the morning" "it was night" Judas had gone out of the upper room and led the mob to arrest Jesus whom he betrayed with a kiss. WHICH night had started "the first day the Jews killed the passover" Mark 14:12,17 Matthew 26:17,20 Luke 22:7,14 John 13:1,30 1Corinthians 11:23, which started with that night of the day of the Lord's Supper "before the feast days of passover", the NIGHT of the "DAY" - of "THIS DAY" - [σήμερον] “this selfsame NIGHT” Matthew 19:19, the day Jesus would be crucified on and would die - the day the wife of Pilate head a dream about "This Man", Jesus.
And finis with the rest of your <video explanation of Passion week>