Did Jesus die on Friday?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
285192211_10210204210577962_8398254032119087986_n.jpg

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Time the measure of God, or of worldly things?

What really matters then, is not those things of God through the eyes of the world, but that it was even "before the foundation of the world."

Then Jesus translates to say, "after three days I will rise." Which fits what was prophesied and "a time, times, and half a time."
Interesting idea.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting idea.
All the things of God are only broken down in times for revelation, which is all that is written revealed each day from evening to morning since the beginning, the dividing of light from darkness.

All of which occurs in Christ in God, the only begotten, even before the foundation of the world.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
In John 12:1 we are told that Jesus arrived at Bethany late in the afternoon on the Friday just as the sun was going down, six day before the pass over. This places the Passover Feast on the following Friday, and if Christ died with the Lambs, then He would have died on the Thursday afternoon around 3:00pm.

Jesus Rode the colt into Jerusalem during the twilight hours on the Saturday evening after the Sabbath Day had ended. After He had entered the Temple, He returned once more to Bethany for the night

You are almost there.
Further:-
First of all:-
Absolute indisputable indispensable FACT:-
universally accepted:-
Jesus was finished BURIED:-
his grave having been closed:-
"due to the Jews' Preparation" John 19:42b:-
"That Day the Fore-Sabbath the Preparation" Luke 23:54a:-

WHEN:-
"mid-afternoon the Sabbath nearing" Luke 23:54b:-
"they laid Jesus THERE" John 19:42a.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
In John 12:1 we are told that Jesus arrived at Bethany late in the afternoon on the Friday just as the sun was going down, six day before the pass over. This places the Passover Feast on the following Friday, and if Christ died with the Lambs, then He would have died on the Thursday afternoon around 3:00pm.

Jesus Rode the colt into Jerusalem during the twilight hours on the Saturday evening after the Sabbath Day had ended. After He had entered the Temple, He returned once more to Bethany for the night.

Re: <In John 12:1 we are told that Jesus arrived at Bethany late in the afternoon on the Friday just as the sun was going down, six day before the pass over.>

In John 12:1
we are NOT told that Jesus <arrived at Bethany on the Friday>;
we are NOT told that Jesus <arrived late in the afternoon>;
we are NOT told that Jesus <arrived just as the sun was going down>;
we are NOT told that Jesus <<six day before the passover arrived at Bethany on the Friday>>
BUT, we are told that:-
"six days before the passover Jesus came to Bethany WHERE LAZARUS WAS (staying)":-
into his HOUSE:-
"where Lazarus stayed in Bethany":-
"WHERE they made Him a supper:-
in Lazarus' house:-
a 'supper' or 'lunch' or 'brunch':-
"where they gave Him a meal":-

"six days before the passover":-
"on the SABBATH":-

six days before the passover "FEAST days":-
"FEAST" John 12:12:-
"Feast-of-Passover":-
"the first day EAT-ULB-SEVEN-DAYS":-
"six days before":-
"on the fifteenth day of the First Month":-
"six days before":-

"the Feast-of-Unleavened Bread"!

Now we know that The Bread of Life, Jesus, was BURIED on the Feast Day on/of the fifteenth day of the First Month:-
and we know that He was BURIED "That Day the Preparation the Sabbath nearing mid-afternoon" 3PM.
So:-
Sabbath was 6 days before the feast days began on Friday;
Sunday was 5 days before the feast days began on Friday;
Monday was 4 days before the feast days began on Friday;
Tuesday was 3 days before the feast days began on Friday;
Wednesday was 2 days before the feast days began on Friday;
Thursday was 1 day before the feast days began on Friday;
Friday was THE DAY on which the days of the FEAST of ULB BEGAN ON AND BEGAN WITH!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Desire Of All Nations said:
He was resurrected on Saturday around 3 p.m.

Close, but that would be too early. It would have had to been at or after sundown. He died at 3:00, but they still needed to bury Him before sundown.

PURE, crystal CLEAR self-contradictory speculation! Where do you get it that <they still needed to bury Him before sundown>? In the Name of God do I challenge you to reveal WHERE!

Jesus resurrected "on the Sabbath exactly 3 p.m.". That says the NT Matthew 28:1 and that said the OT Exodus 14:30; 20:11; Deuteronomy 5:15; 6:23,24.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THE NIGHT OF WHICH DAY OF THE WEEK IS THIS?
287542087_10210236376502090_6987786712798921198_n.jpg

Then on which day of the week was He BURIED; and then on which day of the week Rose He from the grave?

He died on Nissan 14, Passover Day (the Seder meal, Last Supper was the evening before at the beginning of the 14th), and He rose on the 17th, some time after sundown Saturday night, the first day of the week.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
He died on Nissan 14, Passover Day (the Seder meal, Last Supper was the evening before at the beginning of the 14th), and He rose on the 17th, just after sundown Saturday night, the first day of the week.
Thanks for your courtesy to reply. Just about nobody else would.

Now dear fellow believer in Jesus Christ, for your own peace of mind and saneness, STICK TO SCRIPTURE please. Your reply contains NO Scripture, while it stands before your eyes. Yes, ok, not John yet. And NOT YET the second night and day; and NOT YET the third "NIGHT AND DAY". Still you won't find ANYWHERE in Scripture NOT YET placed like the first night and day Scriptures above, which mentions or implies or makes needed or justifies logically or however, that which you are claiming here for Gospel Truth while it is NOT. Jesus DID NOT RISE <on the 17th> and He DID NOT RISE <just after sundown Saturday night, the first day of the week>.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for your courtesy to reply. Just about nobody else would.

Now dear fellow believer in Jesus Christ, for your own peace of mind and saneness, STICK TO SCRIPTURE please. Your reply contains NO Scripture, while it stands before your eyes. Yes, ok, not John yet. And NOT YET the second night and day; and NOT YET the third "NIGHT AND DAY". Still you won't find ANYWHERE in Scripture NOT YET placed like the first night and day Scriptures above, which mentions or implies or makes needed or justifies logically or however, that which you are claiming here for Gospel Truth while it is NOT. Jesus DID NOT RISE <on the 17th> and He DID NOT RISE <just after sundown Saturday night, the first day of the week>.

It is my opinion that it is according to scripture, and my faith that Jesus is the Messiah. It wouldn't matter what day He died or rose if he wasn't, because He'd still be dead. But He is the Messiah and died on Passover and rose on the first day of the week as scripture prophesied and as the New Testament verified.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It is my opinion that it is according to scripture, and my faith that Jesus is the Messiah. It wouldn't matter what day He died or rose if he wasn't, because He'd still be dead. But He is the Messiah and died on Passover and rose on the first day of the week as scripture prophesied and as the New Testament verified.

EVER REVERTING TO YOUR LIES! I'm telling you, you LIE saying / writing,
<It is my opinion that it is according to scripture> because it IS NOT Scripture!

I'm telling you, you LIE saying/writing, <It wouldn't matter what day He died or rose> because IT MATTERS that it is NOT Scripture!

I'm telling you, you LIE saying/writing, <because He'd still be dead> because it is NOT Scripture! God's Omnipotence and Faithfulness cannot be thwarted by anything. Not even by <my opinion>.

I'm telling you, you LIE saying/writing, <he rose on the first day of the week> because it is NOT Scripture, BUT IS THE BIGGEST LIE OF THE DEVIL AND ANTICHRIST EVER!

I'm telling you, you LIE saying/writing, <on the first day of the week as scripture prophesied> because it is NOT Scripture and is the WEAKEST LIE of the devil and Antichrist in cahoots!

I'm telling you, you LIE saying/writing, <he rose on the first day of the week as the New Testament verified> because it is NOT Scripture and is the most audacious and blasphemous LIE OF THE DEVIL AND ANTICHRIST AND MAN - YOU - TOGETHER!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
<It is my opinion that it is according to scripture> because it IS NOT Scripture!

I'm telling you, you LIE saying/writing, <It wouldn't matter what day He died or rose> because IT MATTERS that it is NOT Scripture!

I'm telling you, you LIE saying/writing, <because He'd still be dead> because it is NOT Scripture! God's Omnipotence and Faithfulness cannot be thwarted by anything. Not even by <my opinion>.

I'm telling you, you LIE saying/writing, <he rose on the first day of the week> because it is NOT Scripture, BUT IS THE BIGGEST LIE OF THE DEVIL AND ANTICHRIST EVER!

I'm telling you, you LIE saying/writing, <on the first day of the week as scripture prophesied> because it is NOT Scripture and is the WEAKEST LIE of the devil and Antichrist in cahoots!

I'm telling you, you LIE saying/writing, <he rose on the first day of the week as the New Testament verified> because it is NOT Scripture and is the most audacious and blasphemous LIE OF THE DEVIL AND ANTICHRIST AND MAN - YOU - TOGETHER!

Seeing as you do not follow the words and the most important commands of the Messiah, I'm putting you on ignore.

Last edited:
Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
the most important commands of the Messiah
The most important commands of the Christ are those HE LIVED "in these last days", "IN TIME", "in the flesh" MOST IMPORTANT OF WAS, that He would "RISE ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES" Old and New Testament times, "WHILE LIVING" New Testament time "in these last days", and "SAID, THE THIRD DAY I RISE" -- and it was "the day WHICH IS AFTER the Preparation" which was in fact "in TIME late on the Sabbath", in fact "BEING in the mid-afternoon inclining DAYLIGHT OF THE SABBATH towards before the First Day of the week .. and Behold! the angel of the Lord CAST THE STONE AWAY FROM THE TOMB and sat on it": THE LORD JESUS HAVING THEN "RAISED FROM THE DEAD ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES THE THIRD DAY"! Matthew 27:62 to 28:1-4 1Corinthians 15:3,4 -- "THE MOST IMPORTANT OF EVERYTHING I - PAUL- DELIVERED UNTO YOU" THE NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH OF THE LIVING, GOD, CREATOR ALMIGHTY SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST.

May I never ignore when VIOLANCE AND INJUSTICE are done against YOUR WORD, WRITTEN OR IN PERSON OF YOU O LORD THE WORD THAT IN THE BEGINNING WAS!

Never ignore BUT FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT! Ignore is for liars, traitors and deserters.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm telling you, you LIE saying/writing, <he rose on the first day of the week> because it is NOT Scripture, BUT IS THE BIGGEST LIE OFTHE DEVIL AND ANTICHRIST EVER!

It alarms me when the guys start writing things in red to the ladies! Calling them names and such! Words like lie and devil and antichrist. BE CAREFUL.

Christ's resurrection occurred on Sunday the 9th of April 30 AD.
Christ was crucified on Friday the 7th of April 30 AD.
Christ's supper the Last Supper occurred on Thursday the 6th of April 30 AD.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Seeing as you do not follow the words and the most important commands of the Messiah, I'm putting you on ignore.

John 12:50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak. --
Jesus the Christ speaking LIVE
of his Resurrection from the dead,
verily foretelling
his DEATH in John 19:30,
his BURIAL in John 19:31-42 and
his RESURRECTION in John 20
IMPLIED BEFORE THE FIRST SIGHT OF
HIS OPENENED AND EMPTY TOMB in John 20:1-10
and CONFIRMED in HIS FIRST APPEARANCE in John 20:11-17 -
"0n the First Day of the week".
EXACTLY.
PRECISELY.
OBEDIENTLY.
HUMBLY.
VICTORIOUSLY.
GLORIOUSLY.
Exodus 15:1-21 -- after which
"they came to BITTER WATERS, Marah" -
the same chapter further on :
the chapter in history,
WE, NOW, LIVE, IN.

May this stand as eternal witness to the Truth of the Commandments our Father gave His Beloved Son Jesus.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
t alarms me when the guys start writing things in red to the ladies! Calling them names and such! Words like lie and devil and antichrist. BE CAREFUL.

Christ's resurrection occurred on Sunday the 9th of April 30 AD.
Christ was crucified on Friday the 7th of April 30 AD.
Christ's supper the Last Supper occurred on Thursday the 6th of April 30 AD.
Though speaking with tongue dripping of love, lisping the words of Satan not even twisting the words of Scripture, BUT TOTALLY WITHOUT ANY!

YOU ARE DISMISSED WITH DUE DISRESPECT, NOISY EMPTY CAN.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It alarms me when the guys start writing things in red to the ladies! Calling them names and such! Words like lie and devil and antichrist. BE CAREFUL.

Who are your <guys> be they how many!
You think you scare me?
You come to me with words like
flaming flying insects nasty,
but I will not come to you unless
with the sharp two-edged Sword of
God's Written Word, with which
I personally will cut each of
your lousy insect's swollen head
from its' lower abominable swollen belly
-- look out!

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who are your <guys> be they how many!
You think you scare me?
You come to me with words like
flaming flying insects nasty,
but I will not come to you unless
with the sharp two-edged Sword of
God's Written Word, with which
I personally will cut each of
your lousy insect's swollen head
from its' lower abominable swollen belly
-- look out!
Forewarned......
So is this how you prove that you a man? Big man rude to little ladies.....so scummy.
No manners? Why?
Were your parents to stupid to teach you manners or were you to stupid to learn?
I can teach you manners if you want to learn?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Forewarned......
So is this how you prove that you a man? Big man rude to little ladies.....so scummy.
No manners? Why?
Were your parents to stupid to teach you manners or were you to stupid to learn?
I can teach you manners if you want to learn?

Like Jesus said to Judas: "Go do what you have to do, quickly!" But just allow me first, to forewarn you, IT WILL BE THE END OF THIS Discussion Board, 'Christianityboard.com'.
Ek is 'n aap, maar ek is 'n ou, aap.
I also will not let you get away with your utterly disgraceful and COWARDLY innuendo's about my godly parents, you scum! God is not blind, you nameless coward!

Last edited: