Did Jesus have faith ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One factor to take into account for is that "faith" is never attributed to Jesus Christ as mentioned in the OP. This is odd, for pistis and its cognates are the dominant words for "faith" and "believing." One could never have asked of Jesus, "Do you believe in God? Do you have faith in God?" Why not? Because he is the Savior to whom faith points! He had every confidence, trust, that the Father's will would be done through him, even when the moments were dark. However, "faith" and "believing" are soteric catogeries, pointing to deliverance from sin through God's promises FULFILLED IN THE MESSIAH. Was Jesus to have faith in himself?

Jesus was in constant communion with the Father; he revealed all things to the Son. The Father-Son relationship, in my view, precludes faith and in the NT Christ is always the object of faith.

It is odd that the NT never attributes “believing” or “faith” to Christ as an action. There is a reason for this- it is not a pure argument from silence- namely, that Jesus is the object of faith. It is this that makes the “silence” of pistis so deafeningly loud! The Son trusted that all things in respect of his Messiahship would be fulfilled by the Father in him; and they were. Jesus was the Messiah, and sinners believe in Him as God.

hope this helps !!!
Work out your own Salvation with fear and trembling Christophany and in the process make sure you don't throw up unnecessary smoke screens that confuse and distract the young in faith.

Reactions: DNB

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Work out your own Salvation with fear and trembling Christophany and in the process make sure you don't throw up unnecessary smoke screens that confuse and distract the young in faith.
FYI- Scripture declares Jesus is a stumbling block, the truth always is !

Whats wrong with examining what people believe and see if it holds up to scripture ?

Now I will say this. Within the Trinity there is perfect harmony and trust with the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit. So I will say there is perfect "trust" in the Godhead but thats different from biblical faith mentioned in the OP.

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@ Christophany
It's a distraction....it muddies clear waters....it puts itself forward as wisdom when all it is is foolishness

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If Jesus didn't have faith He never would have gone to the cross

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus didn't have faith He never would have gone to the cross
He was going to the cross before Creation. He was the lamb who was slain before the foundation of the world. ( Rev 13:8)
That was the whole reason and necessity for the Incarnation.

hope this helps !!!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Jesus have Faith ?

1-Jesus used the word pistis or its derivatives a total of 41 times. Look it up in your concordance if you own one.
2- Every time Jesus used the word He was talking about someone else’s faith and not “ His Faith “
3- Jesus never used the faith in the first person referring to His “ Faith “.
4- No book in the entire NT ever refers to “ Jesus Faith “
5- Jesus is always the object of Faith never the recipient of faith
6- All the Apostles refers to their own faith in Christ .
7- Saving Faith is in Christ alone
8- God has no need for Faith
9- The Savior has no need for faith since He is not a sinner and He is God
10- Faith is needed for sinners alone and not the Holy Son of God who was / is Impeccable

Faith is the belief in things unseen. Remember the words of the Author of Hebrews: “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen” (11:1).

hope this helps !!!

Hebrews 2:17-18 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. [18] For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, [23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Did Jesus have love?
Did Jesus have joy?
Did Jesus have peace?
Did Jesus have longsuffering?
Did Jesus have gentleness?
Did Jesus have Faith..meekness...temperance?
Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

John 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Jesus have Faith ?

1-Jesus used the word pistis or its derivatives a total of 41 times. Look it up in your concordance if you own one.
2- Every time Jesus used the word He was talking about someone else’s faith and not “ His Faith “
10- Faith is needed for sinners alone and not the Holy Son of God who was / is Impeccable

Faith is the belief in things unseen. Remember the words of the Author of Hebrews: “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen” (11:1).

hope this helps !!!
If faith is the belief in things unseen then how can he have faith since He sees everything?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
seems to me that Jesus sure demonstrated plenty of that!
Jesus sees and does everything He sees the Father saying and doing. He is EQUAL with the FATHER. Like Father, like Son.

John 5:16-19
So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jewish leaders began to persecute him. 17 In his defense Jesus said to them, “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working.” 18 For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.
19 Jesus gave them this answer: “Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.

John 5:21
For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not only do the scriptures reveal that Jesus has faith, but scripture informs us that God's people at the time of His coming will also have that same faith...
Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God has “NO NEED” for Faith , why is it” impossible to please Him” Without it.....sounds like the #1 Priority to me.....ain’t nobody gonna be Saved without it —- that much we KNOW.....or do we?

“ FAith” is simply taking God at His Word.Jesus showed such Faith before and during His Crucifixion—- He endured the Agony Of the Cross “ because of the Joy set before Him”. He Believed the
Promise that God Gave Him.....that’s Faith! 100% Faith in His Father was what made Jesus “ Jesus” .

Anybody has the potential to Walk on Water, you know...I could do it or you could do it..Peter did it once, remember? Why did he sink and Jesus did not ? For the same reason I can’t make a mountain move ......I have Faith but not THAT strong a Faith!
This entire Universe was Spoken into existence by the FAITH Of God....we were saved from an Eternity in Hell because Jesus Literally HUNG HIMSELF on a PROMISE of God !Once again—- FAITH! To ‘ drink of that cup” meant to endure the Crucifixion and it’s shame , Trusting God to Keep His Fantastic Promises to Him ......Promises like being made “ King Of the Universe” to whom “ every knee should bow”, to be Worshipped for Eternity because that Worship was DESERVED! He Trusted in the Fact That His Sacrifice and Shed Blood would Save all that “ came to Him” with Faith......it was the Price Jesus Paid to get His “ Wife” —— the Wife that he Loved more than anything in this Universe and shed His Sacred Blood for. The Church. That’s us. No Faith, no Church. Everybody goes to Hell .Faith is EVERYTHING ! Faith That manifests itself by Love.....I would be careful to dismiss Faith the way you do.....God Bless....

Last edited:

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Did Jesus have Faith ?

hope this helps !!!
Yes, Jesus is the object of our faith, but only because he was the perfect beholder of faith. This, for arguments sake, is the fundamental principle behind the Gospel that atones. Christ was perfect, and thus, an acceptable sacrifice, only because he had perfect faith, for it is impossible to please God without it.
It's a shame Christophony, that the below verses have to be brought to your attention. You seem to lack understanding on God's wisdom and judicial soundness. You think that you're appearing devout attempting to exalt Christ in such a manner, but you defame God speaking such ludicrous nonsense about His Redemptive plan, i.e. that in the passion of Christ, there was no passion. That is, that Christ's volition to die was just a mechanical ritual or act of bravado, that the outcome was already established before it began. God is not frivolous nor superfluous, He does not mandate an event, where the event itself bears no significance.

Hebrews 11:6-6
11:6. And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Hebrews 12:2-2
12:2. fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Philippians 2:8-9
2:8. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. 9. For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name,

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
another drive by with no scripture which speaks volumes, Thanks !
If you think belting out scripture validates anything you are in error and in regards your comment of it 'speaking volumes' is none other than an attempt to hide behind offended pride.

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 11:6-6
11:6. And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Hebrews 12:2-2
12:2. fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Your Hebrews 12 passage actually declares Jesus is the Source of faith, its object.

Hebrews 11 applies to those who seek God in need of salvation, hence faith is needed. Jesus didn't need such faith and once again is the object of salvation found only in Him through faith.

I left out all your ad hominem attacks and did not quote them. Try attacking the argument not the person.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Jesus sees and does everything He sees the Father saying and doing. He is EQUAL with the FATHER. Like Father, like Son.
not even the Son knows; but only the Father

we--you and i i mean--have somewhat of a problem here, bc we define "Jesus of Nazareth" differently; so (aside from the fruit of the tree of knowledge that you are employing there) we have a further obstacle to communication to overcome.

But Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve Him only.’ ”

i dont think it's insurmountable or anything, but the combination kind of leaves me nonplussed, at least at the moment; while i dont entirely disagree with you in a sense, i also dont entirely agree, and the difference in our definitions of Jesus right now makes it difficult for me to respond in any meaningful kind of way. Usually the good answer comes to me later, and hopefully that is what will happen here

is this the thread where you posted that Jesus had no...Jesus did not have faith, according to Scripture? That was quite amazing imo, still processing that one, ty :)

I said "you are Elohim"
even greater things will you do, in My Name