Did Jesus really mean that Muslims or Hindus would go to hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah…
I’m hoping maybe it isn’t forever. Just because it doesn’t specifically say outer darkness is cast into the lake doesn’t mean I’m not missing something…
I have the same hope. In the New Heaven and New Earth, all those reminders of the old, Sin and Death, Hades, the Outer Darkness, all gone. No more tears.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Vid

May 12, 2021
France
stephanepautrot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
France
And it is Jesus (who is also Love) who said that the one who does not believe shall be damned (Mark 16:16).

Saying Jesus is also Love puts the emphasis on his humanity. He, as he taught me, puts the emphasis on Love, however it is conceived. This is what I am asking all of you to do in his name.

One who is a slave to Sin is condemned.

What sin does a very loving person behaving like a saint commit? Conceive God in a different way than you do? Yet you have no idea what God is!

I believe the people in hell are the ones who don't obey the Lord's commandments.

Which, again, are to Love God and our neighbor. Islam says the exact same thing. You all claim to love God better but you just can't because, again, you have no idea what God is.

Jesus is love, but in this verse, He points to Himself, a person, the source of love. Since He is the Creator, no other person can claim this nor direct anyone to themsleves, not Brahma, not Mohammed, not Buddha, not anyone else.

No, Jesus is not the Creator. Love is the Creator. Jesus is "merely" an embodiment of Love, as is Krishna. Just like a frying pan is still a frying pan whatever word is used to name it in any language, God is still an unbounded ocean of pure absolute infinite Peace, Love, Joy and Knowingness whatever name we give Them and whatever way we conceive Them.

Again, to love God, you must have the knowledge of the true God.

This is so true! The problem is, you have no idea what God is - and very few people on Earth do. I do since I merged with Them during a near death experience before meeting Jesus, Mother Mary and archangel Michael. And Jesus wants me to testify. And I can tell you, had Jesus not appeared to me twice since I met him in Heaven to insist I still talk to Christians, I would have called Matthew 10:11-15 on them for being so stubborn bigots, just like the Pharisees were 2000 years ago. You all insist so much on the scriptures, just like those self-righteous bigots did back in the day, to the extent that they would have let a sheep die in a pit if it fell there on the Sabbath day. Well, in Matthew 12:11, Jesus reminds us that love, even if only for a sheep, is more important than the scriptures. This is also what he means in Matthew 12:8 which can be read "For Love is Lord of the scriptures"

Love! Not belief.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Jesus is not the Creator. Love is the Creator. Jesus is "merely" an embodiment of Love, as is Krishna.
Col. 1:16, 17, John 1:1-14.
Love is an attribute of God, not the other way around. Love is an action word, an expression of someone towards a person. It is not some thing. There are several forms of love, but the love from God is Agape. It is unconditional and perfect. We do share that love but not always perfectly ... sin gets in the way.
Evil is not somenthing, a substance. It is a relationship between a person, an animal or any living thing and an another person, animal organism or non-living thing. So a doctor can hold a knife in his hand and approach his patient and proceed to cut and operate on him. That may or may not be good, but we usually trust that his intentions are good and not evil. A criminal with a knife and intentions to rob someone and hurt or kill if necessary is evil. So the point is, evil is not a substance. It is not a knife by itself. It is a relationship corrupted by sin that involves a knife.
The sin corrupts everything: people, animals, living organisms and non-living things as well. It causes evil.
So sin itself is not a substance, it is an act against God and others. It is not just something floating around that captures you.

People like to believe ONLY that God is love. That is one of His attributes, like peace, faith, joy, kindness, goodness, patience, gentleness, knowledge, wisdom, creative abilities, power, righteousness, etc.
God shares those attributes with us. And so we are to share them with others. Love is demonstrated by extending ourselves in thoughts and actions towards one's or anothers well being and spiritual growth, etc. Even we are to love our enemies.
But there is another just and righteous nature of God that people don't want to accept: God is a God of JUSTICE and sin must be judged.
So His expression of love goes out to many, but ultimately not all for eternity, just some, a chosen portion of mankind. He loved Jacob, but hated Esau. That's right, God hates too. His judgemnet to destroy those who do not believe in Jesus will not be an act of love. Think again. He draws a line. The wages of sin is death. The only cure from sin is that you believe that Jesus died for your sins and rose on the third day according to the scriptures (Bible only).

The problem is, you have no idea what God is - and very few people on Earth do.
Jesus gave me an idea of WHO God and yours is FALSE.

The problem is, you have no idea what God is - and very few people on Earth do. I do since I merged with Them during a near death experience before meeting Jesus, Mother Mary and archangel Michael.
And I suppose Jesus told you to discount His teachings or to interpret them in another way like you are doing?

And Jesus wants me to testify. And I can tell you, had Jesus not appeared to me twice since I met him in Heaven to insist I still talk to Christians, I would have called Matthew 10:11-15 on them for being so stubborn bigots, just like the Pharisees were 2000 years ago.
So He wants you to tell all of Christianity, the Body of Christ, born again believers of His Word, who have put their faith in Him, in His death and resurrection, to cast it out, drop it all and listen to you! LOL

Jesus reminds us that love, even if only for a sheep, is more important than the scriptures.
Your Hindu religion and false gods are lying ti you and confusing you. Satan can appear as an angel of light. He is the father of lies and has ALL FALSE RELIGIONS UNDER HIS POWER AND DECEPTION.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which, again, are to Love God and our neighbor. Islam says the exact same thing. You all claim to love God better but you just can't because, again, you have no idea what God is.
I have never made the claim that I love God better.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never made the claim that I love God better.

It’s gone in a direction I am intrigued by. Considering that loving our neighbor has to do with righteousness and loving God has to do with holiness, and considering that God makes a place for and accepts the righteous and also makes a place for and accepts holy men, I think you answered very wisely.

it’s wisdom, even if you don’t fully understand it all, to consider why God struck Annais and Saphira dead and why He struck Uzzah dead and how you have managed to not meet that same fate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lambano

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s gone in a direction I am intrigued by. Considering that loving our neighbor has to do with righteousness and loving God has to do with holiness, and considering that God makes a place for and accepts the righteous and also makes a place for and accepts holy men, I think you answered very wisely.

it’s wisdom, even if you don’t fully understand it all, to consider why God struck Annais and Saphira dead and why He struck Uzzah dead and how you have managed to not meet that same fate.
I am intrigued by your distinction between the righteous and the holy. Aren't they the same thing?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am intrigued by your distinction between the righteous and the holy. Aren't they the same thing?

I don’t believe so, no.
And I think you have a wisdom and fear of God that you might not fully understand but that you nevertheless have and that your earlier answer that you did not say you loved God more than another man had the same wisdom as the men who saw what happened to Annais and Saphira and while they greatly respected the apostles, they refused to join in with them.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I guess it’s along the same lines also as the men who refused to throw the first stone…

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me think about that for a while; it’s past midnight here on the East Coast. Years ago I did a personal study on what “righteousness” is. It wasn’t what I thought. Righteousness is Narnia’s “deeper magic” that makes forgiveness the right thing to do when justice calls for punishment. Holiness is that which sets us apart from the world for God. There is some overlap in the Venn diagrams.
I see righteousness as perfection. Another name for it is to be justified.

It means when you stand before a judge, and all the charges are brought against you. You are found not Guilty.

Now of course we are guilty, But our debt was paid (redeemed) and this was the cross.

Its not that we are innocent of all sin, It is that our sin debt was paid.

We see it in the mercy seat. When the lambs blood was sprayed onto the mercy seat. And the cherub could not see the charges that were against us, They saw th blood that paid the debt.

When Jesus died He made a comment, The english text state it was “it is finished”

The greek word however (Tetelestai) which in the greek was a legal term. It literally means “Paid in full” A criminal who had paid his debt to society actually carried with him a legal document which stated “tetelestai” and the crime he paid. That person legally could never be charged, punished or have anythign held against him for the crime he paid his debt to society for.

Our document which states we can not be held accountable is the seal of the spirit. The certificate of debt, which as paul said, was against us, contrary to us and he took it out of the way having nailed it to the cross.

His blood is his payment for our debt, in redemption.

We are not righteous. We failed to live up to thats standard along time ago (for all have sinned and fall short)

It is his righteousness in us.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An eternity in darkness and sensory deprivation is also a form of torture. While I understand a moral universe MUST have accountability, based on what I see in Jesus, I have to trust that God is not a monster. Otherwise, Man might be morally justified in rebelling against his Creator, and there is, in the end, no right or wrong, only Power.
No right or wrong? WHat do you mean by this?

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"In the Scriptures, there is one primary meaning and one secondary meaning of the term holy. The secondary meaning is that which refers to personal righteousness and purity. However, the primary meaning of the word is “separate,” or, if you will, theological apartheid. That which is holy is that which is other—that which is different from something else.
When the Bible speaks about God’s holiness, the primary thrust of those statements is to refer to God’s transcendence, to His magnificence, to that sense in which God is higher and superior to anything there is in the creaturely realm. Again, the simplest way to discuss this is to say that which is holy is that which is different."
RC Sproul

Of course RC is pertaining to things that are good not evil.
God is Holy, Satan is not, nor is anything that is sinful or evil holy. GOD is separate from sin, sacred, worthy, magnificent, glorified, All Mighty ... He is different.
Where He is present, where he walks, is considered holy ground. What He consecrates, His words, land, a mountain, His grace, the new creatures in us He has created and all that He ordains is holy. Another term for being separate is sanctified.

We value certain things, people, places and things as special, separate and though they aren't perfect and pure, we hold them dear and sacred. A holiday is a separate, special day, a holi - day.
Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter are holy days.
Holy when it pertains to our actions means righteousness, the secondary meaning.
That righteousness is from God, who is Holy.

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Exactly my friend . We must continue in the one true gospel . That alone is the only hope for mankind .
We cannot ever believe this other end time love gospel that more and more are now believing .
Stick to the original gospel of JESUS Christ . Who so ever believes in Christ will be saved , whoever does not
JESUS said will be damned . Too many folks are getting infected with another sensual version of a love
but that love cometh not from God . Satan desires all souls to burn with him in a lake of fire
thus he presents this false love gospel which has folks believing that all religoins are fine . YET that dont save them now ...........DOES IT .
AND thus you gotta know who authored that one . The devil did . We must stick to the orginal gospel my dear friend .
“And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭2:21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Reactions: amigo de christo

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Exactly my friend . We must continue in the one true gospel . That alone is the only hope for mankind .
We cannot ever believe this other end time love gospel that more and more are now believing .
Stick to the original gospel of JESUS Christ . Who so ever believes in Christ will be saved , whoever does not
JESUS said will be damned . Too many folks are getting infected with another sensual version of a love
but that love cometh not from God . Satan desires all souls to burn with him in a lake of fire
thus he presents this false love gospel which has folks believing that all religoins are fine . YET that dont save them now ...........DOES IT .
AND thus you gotta know who authored that one . The devil did . We must stick to the orginal gospel my dear friend .
“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wish I could be certain the outer darkness will be done away with. I am afraid it sounds like a worse place than annihilation in the lake of fire. I think maybe when Jesus said it would be less tolerable in the end for some men than it would be for sodom, that it means there is a fate worse than the second death.

Annihilation is the FERVENT HOPE of those who want nothing to do with God's requirements for salvation. Eternity is a staggering concept, and the though of spending it in terrible circumstances is beyond imagination. MUCH BETTER for the LOST to convince themselves that "Eternity" means something else, and we just get to "go out like a candle frame when life is over". The Bible, however, doesn't support that hope at all and teaches a MUCH MORE HORRENDOUS story.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
eternity
aion; a space of time, an age
Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father but by Me." Most people consider this literally: people from other faiths are wrong (and they will go to hell). Now, would it be in contradiction with Jesus' teachings to consider that Jesus is God descended in the flesh and that God is Love hence Jesus is Love made human? Jesus words could then be understood as: “Love is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to God but by loving”.

This doesn't seem that irrelevant to me since Jesus' main commandments are to love God and to love our neighbor (Matthew 22:36-40 and Mark 12:30-31). So how one calls God and the way one chooses to love Them is maybe not that important.

I like that point of view because I just don't feel that a very loving Muslim or Hindu behaving like a saint will go to hell just because they don't believe in Jesus in his human form or because they don't conceive God the way we do.

As a matter of fact, this is how I understand John 10:16. Love would be the shepherd and people loving God in different ways would be the sheep from another sheep pen.

Where do you stand? Do you believe a very loving Muslim or Hindu behaving like a saint should go to hell?
might be pertinent to mention that Jesus pretty much clowned religious people, and elevated pagans (centurions) and atheists (samaritans)

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is love, but in this verse, He points to Himself, a person, the source of love. Since He is the Creator, no other person can claim this nor direct anyone to themsleves, not Brahma, not Mohammed, not Buddha, not anyone else.

Again, to love God, you must have the knowledge of the true God. If by strapping a bomb to your chest in a suicide mission and killing Christians and Jews, you are demonstrating your love and obedience to Allah, where does that get you ...
Heaven with 70 virgins?

Ah, but that is a "salvation by works" view that didn't work for the Jews or anyone else. This is why Jesus had to die for our sins. We could not get rid of them. So you think you see good people, based on your standards; but God sees dirty rags. You cannot have one blemish and make it into heaven!
You must be perfect, pure, clean ... washed by His blood!

You are leaning on your own understanding.
Jesus was teaching and preaching to the Jews at the time and meant the Gentiles (as sheep of another fold). His sheep hear His voice.

Christianity has been spreading tremendously through India and China ( both having over 100 million Christians each). This is the whole purpose of spreading the gospel to a world filled with false religions.
Many faithful loving people that you identify with may be sheep that will later hear His voice. Scriptures from the Bible likely are lying dormant in their hearts and prior to their deaths, God may lift their veils and they will call out to Jesus.
This is exactly what happened to my Mom, when all her life, she loved people, was kind and thoughtful, friendly, happy and joyful. People admired that, thought she was a blessing to their lives. She was to my brother and I as well. But she also believed in reincarnation, the universal energy force, followed Astrology and basically glorified and worshipped herself, her own goodness that would earn her salvation. She was adament and negative about priests and nuns, having been brought up in a Convent/orphanage due to both her parents havimg TB and in the hospital. Her Dad.ended up dying and so her religion.(at 10 years old) failed her, so she was angry at God, rebelling against Him for her entire life. I tried for 30 years to chip away at those false beliefs of hers and slowly she just stopped expressing her beliefs- at least to me. Three days before she died (@ 88 years of age), something happened. I was on the phone with her and she was singing about Jesus, how He loved her and always has, had His hand on her shoulder, then singing to her granddaughter that Jeaus loved her too. My daughter was with me and we were both floored, stunned. She never responded at all to Christ in a loving way before , or sang about Him, reflecting any such admiration and love. God lifted her veil of blindness - finally!

So, you just never know who, how or when God will call any of these people you think appear to be written off.
Go to the bible my friend and see the simple answer . BY how one is called . BY THE GOSPEL .
Think about all the good works Cornelius did , how he prayed to the one true GOD
and yet HE had TO HEAR THE GOSPEL TO BE SAVED .
THE ONLY LOVE that saves is the LOVE that comes FROM GOD and THAT LOVE POINTS TO JESUS ALONE as the ONLY and i do mean
ONLY means to be saved . GOD draws us to JESUS , not a false concept that somehow all religions can love their way to him
by doing good works . THESE Folks are INFECTED my friend . I Love them , but i will EXPOSE their false gospel .
I would not expect me on this site much longer , i have been run off of many sites that started down this path .
WE must Preach the ONLY GOSPEL that saves , THAT IS FAITH IN JESUS , That ye must BELEIVE IN HIM
CONFESS HIM BY THE MOUTH , BELIEVING from the heart that GOD has rose HIM from the dead , TO BE SAVED .
WHO Do you think is presenting this other love gospel to them . ITS SATAN . HE knows HE is doomed to perdition
SO he is gonna take everyone he can with HIM by pointing them to a false hope . NOT TO JESUS , but to a false hope .
WE MUST STAND FIRM and do so more than ever .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wish I could be certain the outer darkness will be done away with. I am afraid it sounds like a worse place than annihilation in the lake of fire. I think maybe when Jesus said it would be less tolerable in the end for some men than it would be for sodom, that it means there is a fate worse than the second death.
Since we on this topic , WHY DID JESUS say that . HE said it about those who had not BELIEVED IN HIM .
SO why on earth are some giving folks a false hope that somehow ye can be saved by a false love and good works .
IT IS GONNA BE FAR WORSE for many on the day of the LORD than even for Sodom and others .
CAUSE IF ONE denies CHRIST , THAT END IS HORRIBLE BAD .
JESUS , THE ONE IN THE BIBLE , told even his own desciples that if they wont hear you , SHAKE THAT DUST OFF as a testimony
AGAINST THEM . AND if we read acts , THEY DID that . Paul made it very clear to those who rejected Christ
THEY had counted themselves UNWORTHY of EVERLASTING LIFE and thier BLOOD was upon their own head .
SO why on earth are SOME OF YOU ALL believing this end time false love gospel that is teaching us
that somehow we can love our way to GOD without FAITH IN JESUS . ITS A LIE . ITS A LIE .
Yall need to stop believing it .

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Since we on this topic , WHY DID JESUS say that . HE said it about those who had not BELIEVED IN HIM .
SO why on earth are some giving folks a false hope that somehow ye can be saved by a false love and good works .
IT IS GONNA BE FAR WORSE for many on the day of the LORD than even for Sodom and others .
JESUS , THE ONE IN THE BIBLE , told even his own desciples that if they wont hear you , SHAKE THAT DUST OFF as a testimony
AGAINST THEM . AND if we read acts , THEY DID that . Paul made it very clear to those who rejected Christ
THEY had counted themselves UNWORTHY of EVERLASTING LIFE and thier BLOOD was upon their own head .
SO why on earth are SOME OF YOU ALL believing this end time false love gospel that is teaching us
that somehow we can love our way to GOD without FAITH IN JESUS . ITS A LIE . ITS A LIE .
Brother is right.
This false one world religion is a lie. It is a delusion.
Let us all get back to our KJV bibles. The Bible points to Jesus. The whole of the Bible points to Jesus.
Our only way to Heaven is through the biblical Lord Jesus Christ.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother is right.
This false one world religion is a lie. It is a delusion.
Let us all get back to our KJV bibles. The Bible points to Jesus. The whole of the Bible points to Jesus.
Our only way to Heaven is through the biblical Lord Jesus Christ.
Sound it out no matter how hated you are sister . For our love we will be hated . cause our love came from GOD
and GOD gave TESTIMONY UNTO THE SON . No matter what , sound it out till the last breath .
till the last breath or JESUS COME . which , by the way , EITHER ONE cant be too far off , cause by the signs of the times
WE DONT GOT THE TIME most folks think we do . Sound it out sister . Sound it out no matter the cost .
. Even if i was beaten to death at the park , YOU CONTINUE ON , ride that scooter till the end with the glorious gospel
getting sounded out . All that matters IS DID WE KNOW JESUS . all else is vain and wont profit anyone anything .

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one will be saved because they love God

We will be saved because God loves us, and sent his son to die for us.

No one has the capacity to love God. As the good book says, We love BECAUSE GOD FIRST LOVED US