Did Jesus really mean that Muslims or Hindus would go to hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Annihilation is the FERVENT HOPE of those who want nothing to do with God's requirements for salvation. Eternity is a staggering concept, and the though of spending it in terrible circumstances is beyond imagination. MUCH BETTER for the LOST to convince themselves that "Eternity" means something else, and we just get to "go out like a candle frame when life is over". The Bible, however, doesn't support that hope at all and teaches a MUCH MORE HORRENDOUS story.

Hoping for mercy for men is something God approves of. Being merciful is something He rewards and He gives warnings concerning not showing mercy once you have received mercy.

As for convincing oneself a word does not mean what it means, maybe you should apply the same persistence and scholarship to “second death.”

Reactions: Lambano

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’d rather meet God and be told, you hoped for too much mercy, you prayed for too much mercy, you extended too much mercy and forgave and wept for men too much rather than be told,you will not escape until you have paid the last farthing.

I meant that as a response to a certain post but failed to quote it but it stands alright anyway and God will judge if any man hoped for and gave too much mercy to another.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lambano

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I struggle over both knowing God forgave Paul for murder he committed in ignorance and also knowing it would be better to have a rock tied around your neck and drowned than to harm another man concerning his final destination.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hoping for mercy for men is something God approves of. Being merciful is something He rewards and He gives warnings concerning not showing mercy once you have received mercy.

As for convincing oneself a word does not mean what it means, maybe you should apply the same persistence and scholarship to “second death.”
How we think of death dramatically affects our understanding. Realizing that Adam died when he ate from the tree, that we are were dead in transgression and sin, that we've passed from death to life, the Bible gives a different picture of death than the typical idea of cessation of existance and awareness.

Much love!

Friends of Jesus

Nov 25, 2021
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not all faiths lead to the same God. Only Christianity—faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ—leads to God’s forgiveness and eternal life. No one comes to the Father except through the Son (John 14:6). It does make a difference what you believe. The decision to embrace the truth about Jesus Christ is important. Eternity is an awfully long time to be wrong.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go to the bible my friend and see the simple answer . BY how one is called . BY THE GOSPEL .
Think about all the good works Cornelius did , how he prayed to the one true GOD
and yet HE had TO HEAR THE GOSPEL TO BE SAVED .
THE ONLY LOVE that saves is the LOVE that comes FROM GOD and THAT LOVE POINTS TO JESUS ALONE as the ONLY and i do mean
ONLY means to be saved . GOD draws us to JESUS , not a false concept that somehow all religions can love their way to him
by doing good works . THESE Folks are INFECTED my friend . I Love them , but i will EXPOSE their false gospel .
I would not expect me on this site much longer , i have been run off of many sites that started down this path .
WE must Preach the ONLY GOSPEL that saves , THAT IS FAITH IN JESUS , That ye must BELEIVE IN HIM
CONFESS HIM BY THE MOUTH , BELIEVING from the heart that GOD has rose HIM from the dead , TO BE SAVED .
WHO Do you think is presenting this other love gospel to them . ITS SATAN . HE knows HE is doomed to perdition
SO he is gonna take everyone he can with HIM by pointing them to a false hope . NOT TO JESUS , but to a false hope .
WE MUST STAND FIRM and do so more than ever .
I agree. That is what I shared with my Mom for 30 years and she finally responded.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How we think of death dramatically affects our understanding. Realizing that Adam died when he ate from the tree, that we are were dead in transgression and sin, that we've passed from death to life, the Bible gives a different picture of death than the typical idea of cessation of existance and awareness.

Much love!

Most believers I’ve met don’t believe there is ever a true and final death for any human. They don’t believe there will be cessation of awareness and existence for any human ever born. I don’t think they’ve considered all scripture to arrive at that.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I struggle over both knowing God forgave Paul for murder he committed in ignorance and also knowing it would be better to have a rock tied around your neck and drowned than to harm another man concerning his final destination.

This came out confusing. What I meant was…God forgave him for murder committed in ignorance. So that’s cause for hope. My struggle is over…when I see a man doing harm to another man by converting him into a lack of mercy, has he done it in ignorance and might he therefore be forgiven or does it depend on whether or not that man he converted into a lack of mercy comes out of it or dies in it?

So like…doing harm physically to a man does not harm him ultimately but if you are the cause of ultimate, true, eternal harm to a mans final state - even if you’ve done it in ignorance, a better fate for you would have been to have a stone tied around your neck and be drowned before you caused such harm to someone’s end state? And since you did that harm, will you be thrown in outer darkness rather than be afforded the end state of annihilation in the lake?

So…doing harm gets a worse fate than filthy and naked…and it feels like justice to me.
But at any rate, you have to do something with the verse. It has to fit somewhere. You can’t just ignore it. It’s too…jarring to just tuck away.
It will be worse and go worse for them on that day than it will for sodom.
It’s saying some men will have a worse fate than homosexual rapists. It’s too jarring to just tuck away. And if you look it up and begin to try to put it together, it doesn’t get less jarring but more so.

Last edited:

Vid

May 12, 2021
France
stephanepautrot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
France
That's right, God hates too. His judgemnet to destroy those who do not believe in Jesus will not be an act of love. Think again. He draws a line. The wages of sin is death. The only cure from sin is that you believe that Jesus died for your sins and rose on the third day according to the scriptures (Bible only).

No, God doesn't and cannot hate just like the sun cannot cast a shadow. God will indeed destroy those who are harmful, not out of hate, but to protect those who are loving which, again, is the only thing Jesus is requesting from us. Now, since you want to show how much you know and understand about Jesus' teachings, why don't you tell us how a loving Muslim or Hindu is harmful to Christians and why God would want to destroy them?

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, God doesn't and cannot hate just like the sun cannot cast a shadow. God will indeed destroy those who are harmful, not out of hate, but to protect those who are loving which, again, is the only thing Jesus is requesting from us. Now, since you want to show how much you know and understand about Jesus' teachings, why don't you tell us how a loving Muslim or Hindu is harmful to Christians and why God would want to destroy them?

LOVE ... and HATE!
To Israel:
I loved you,” says the Lord.
“But you ask, ‘How did you love us?’
“Wasn’t Esau Jacob’s brother?” declares the Lord. “I loved Jacob, but Esau I hated. I turned his mountains into a wasteland and left his inheritance to the jackals in the desert.
“The descendants of Esau may say, ‘We have been beaten down, but we will rebuild the ruins.’
“Yet, this is what the Lord of Armies says: They may rebuild, but I will tear it down. They will be called ‘the Wicked Land’ and ‘the people with whom the Lord is always angry.
Mal. 1:2-4
90% of the sixty English translations say "hated", the others, "rejected".
When God kills someone, is that an expression of love? It could be viewed as God taking His own out of this cruel world and home to live eternally. But there is a flip side to that coin.
Jesus said, "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abides on him." John 3:36
Love never fails!
God hates sin. He hated the first world population and destroyed them in a Flood. I suppose when the Flood began and all the locals pleaded for Noah to let them in, Noah shouted out to them, "Fear not, God loves you ... today you'll be in Paradise!" Nope!
Or maybe Noah shouted, "Brahma, the all impersonal, universal energy force wants all of you to reincarnate into lower life forms
... and since you'll die in the water, your spirit will enter into the fish and eventually you can work your way up the evolutionary chain?" I guess that was just part of Brahma's loving circle of life?

God ordered the the Israelites to kill off whole tribes in Canaan, the Promise Land. Those tribes were wicked and depraved beyond redemption (Gen. 15:16; Lev. 18:21-30; 20:2-5; Deut. 12:29-31). The Canaanites and other tribes in the land practiced child sacrifice, incest, bestiality, and other abominations. Did God love them too? God, in His judgment and wrath does not destroy those He loves .
Whatever NDE you had, Satan is involved in your perception of what you saw. You are so cemented in your beliefs that you are widening the door to heaven.
Jesus said, " Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life and there are few who find it" Matt. 7:13, 14
Jesus is the gate, the doorway! He is the way to life.
Also this:
"And it is appointed for men to die ONCE, but after this, the judgment." Hebrews 9:27
Those who believe, pass out of death and into life, they never die spiritually. (John 5:24)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most believers I’ve met don’t believe there is ever a true and final death for any human. They don’t believe there will be cessation of awareness and existence for any human ever born. I don’t think they’ve considered all scripture to arrive at that.

Yes, there is a lot of Scripture to consider, and we have to determine how we harmonize Solomon and Paul, and all the others.

The real question to me is, what did God make man to be?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But at any rate, you have to do something with the verse. It has to fit somewhere.

So like…doing harm physically to a man does not harm him ultimately but if you are the cause of ultimate, true, eternal harm to a mans final state - even if you’ve done it in ignorance, a better fate for you would have been to have a stone tied around your neck and be drowned before you caused such harm to someone’s end state?

Matthew 18:3-7 KJV
3) And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
4) Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
5) And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
6) But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
7) Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!

What you are saying, and what Jesus said, these are different.

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 18:3-7 KJV
3) And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
4) Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
5) And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
6) But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
7) Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!

What you are saying, and what Jesus said, these are different.

Much love!

I don’t think so…I was also referencing how He said it would go better for sodom on that day than it would for some others. Assuming sodom is thrown into the fire after the second resurrection and annihilated, how is it that some men’s fates will be WORSE?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how is it that some men’s fates will be WORSE?
Do you ask me to explain the ways of God? But even so I can think of ways, such as in their knowing what they know. And there may be degrees of suffering.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Assuming sodom is thrown into the fire after the second resurrection and annihilated,
Not making any assumptions, God said that before the Law, sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no Law. It may be that those of Sodom, not knowing the Law of God, may not have imputed sin. But those who say they see, their sin remains.

Much love!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody of any nationality, race, colour, social or religious background or none can become a Christian and receive the right to eternal life through the blood of Jesus if they accept him as their Saviour. Salvation is for all who, through the work of the Holy Spirit, see God the Father revealed through Jesus the Son. We are all God's creations and we all can become his children if we accept Jesus and the full gospel.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one will be saved because they love God

We will be saved because God loves us, and sent his son to die for us.

No one has the capacity to love God. As the good book says, We love BECAUSE GOD FIRST LOVED US
Thus if one is truly born again they then DO love GOD . But none are born again if they DO NOT BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST .
take that to the grave . We believe , BELIEVE in JESUS CHRIST . That is how one will be saved . And all the good works
without BELEIVING IN JESUS , AINT GONNA MATTER . EVEN CORNELIOUS .
Lets stop there so i remind us all. EVEN CORNELIOUS .
Now let us examine this cornelious . He beleived in the one true GOD , the jewish GOD .
HE did many alms and prayers . THe angel told him SO .
but could all his good works save him . NOPE . THe angel told HIM , YE MUST send for peter and HE IS GONNA TELL YA
what you must DO . Exactly . THE POPE is a CHarlaton . SO are many others
tellling folks that muslims and buddits and atheists are saved if they do good . YEH RIGHT , EVEN CORNELIOUS who DID MUCH GOOD
HAD TO BELIEVE IN JESUS TO BE SAVED . I SHUN the all inclusive gospel to HELL . I WLL SHUN IT and may i shun it till the day i die .
I will stand on the only HOPE MANKIND HAS . AND THAT IS THIS AND THIS ALONE . YE MUST BELEIVE IN JESUS TO BE SAVED .
PEROID .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anybody of any nationality, race, colour, social or religious background or none can become a Christian and receive the right to eternal life through the blood of Jesus if they accept him as their Saviour. Salvation is for all who, through the work of the Holy Spirit, see God the Father revealed through Jesus the Son. We are all God's creations and we all can become his children if we accept Jesus and the full gospel.
Well someone needs to tell this to the POPE and even most of our protestant churches .
DID You know that in two thousand and eighteen , already over fifty percent of even evangelicals now believe
GOD is in and okay with all paths all religons . Something even worse , by twenty twenty one
almost SEVENTY percent now believe this LIE . WE MUST POINT ONLY TO FAITH IN JESUS . HE ALONE is our ONLY HOPE
and HE ALONE is the only HOPE FOR ANYONE .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not making any assumptions, God said that before the Law, sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no Law. It may be that those of Sodom, not knowing the Law of God, may not have imputed sin. But those who say they see, their sin remains.

Much love!
And that last sentence and verse is what makes it so scary. It’s the men I fear most for. Religious men who do things like convert someone into mercilessness who you think could not possibly see or they would not harm themselves and others if they did. I fear for them more than anyone else. Because from what I read, I think the worst fate is reserved for them. Their fate is my biggest fear. They are the ones I can’t understand and I also fear the most for.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well someone needs to tell this to the POPE and even most of our protestant churches .
DID You know that in two thousand and eighteen , already over fifty percent of even evangelicals now believe
GOD is in and okay with all paths all religons . Something even worse , by twenty twenty one
almost SEVENTY percent now believe this LIE . WE MUST POINT ONLY TO FAITH IN JESUS . HE ALONE is our ONLY HOPE
and HE ALONE is the only HOPE FOR ANYONE .
I don't have to take heed of the pope.

Matthew 7:13-14
“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

John 14:6
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 3:3
Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”

I don't have to take heed of the pope.