Did Mary actually leave Elizabeth before John was born?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think so.

Modern statistics say that full-term pregnancy takes 280 days. There are 28 days per lunar month. Full-term pregnancy takes 10 lunar months.

Luke 1:

36 Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be unable to conceive is in her sixth month. 37For no word from God will ever fail.”
38“I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her.
39At that time Mary got ready and hurried to a town in the hill country of Judea, 40where she entered Zechariah’s home and greeted Elizabeth.
56Mary stayed with Elizabeth for about three months and then returned home.
Mary left Elizabeth during Elizabeth's 9th lunar month of pregnancy, one month before John was born.

57 When it was time for Elizabeth to have her baby, she gave birth to a son.

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary left Elizabeth during Elizabeth's 9th lunar month of pregnancy, one month before John was born.

Actually, Mary visited Elizabeth and Zacharius in Hebron when Elizabeth was 6 months into her pregnancy, where She remained until after John's birth, circumcision, and presentation in the Temple three months later. (The Poem of the Man-God: Vol. I, ch. 21;23;24;25, pp. 58-60;65-68;68-70;70-74)

This is supported in the Book of Luke:

"And behold, even your relative Elizabeth herself has conceived a son in her old age, and she who was called infertile is now in her sixth month." "Now at this time Mary set out and went in a hurry to the hill country, to a city of Judah..." "Mary stayed with her about three months..." "And it happened that on the eighth day they came to circumcise the child..." (Lk. 1:36;39;56;59)

Last edited: