Did Mary Magdalene Touch Jesus Or Not???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

evanom

May 8, 2010
Bogota Colombia
Here’s something I’ve been trying to figure out forever: What exactly happened at the resurrection? It seems impossible to match the different accounts logically. (By the way, I believe scripture is infallible and inspired, making it even more difficult to make sense of this.)

In MATTHEW: 2 women, Mary Magdalene and the “other” Mary, saw an angel sitting outside on the stone who spoke to them about Jesus’ resurrection. Then they saw Jesus and hugged him around his legs.

In MARK: Same 2 women but this time they saw an angel sitting inside the tomb who spoke to them about Jesus’ resurrection. And apparently only Mary Magdalene saw Jesus and went to tell the disciples (alone?).

In LUKE: There’s a Group of women. They enter the tomb and there are two angels STANDING next to them. Then the whole group goes to tell the disciples about what happened.
In JOHN: Mary Magdalene is apparently alone and she notifies (alone?) the disciples not of the resurrection but of the kidnapping of Jesus’ body. Then she returns with two disciples to the tomb (no angels anywhere this time). She then stays behind outside of the tomb crying and TWO angels sitting inside inform her of the resurrection. Then Jesus appears to her but instead of hugging his legs, Jesus says “Don’t touch me!”

The only thing that coincides in all four versions is that all this happened the first day of the week. How do the rest of these details coincide or complement? Ideas anyone?