Did some of the nephlim survive the flood?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SelectThis!

AlephBet - The Strong House of God
Nov 14, 2013
On the Threshold
This Vale Of Tears said:
Wow that was a really long post. Do people actually post like this and expect others to read it?
Did you have something to say regarding the subject of the thread? My post answers the question of the subject well. I takes 2 minutes to read it. It took a lifetime to find the information.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
Did you have something to say regarding the subject of the thread? My post answers the question of the subject well. I takes 2 minutes to read it. It took a lifetime to find the information.
Thanks for the input,but i dont agree with the greek mythology.

SelectThis!

Nov 14, 2013
On the Threshold
Pelaides said:
Thanks for the input,but i dont agree with the greek mythology.
I agree with Enoch about the Greek Mysteries.

"You have been in heaven, but fall the mysteries had not yet been revealed to you, and
you knew worthless ones, and these in the hardness of your hearts you have made known to the
women, and through these mysteries women and men work much evil on earth." 4 Say to them
therefore: "You have no peace." ’

Of course, Paganism is based on the Mystery School and this is why Revelation calls Babylon, Mystery Babylon. What do you say about the rest of the post?

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
SelectThis! said:
What a waste of a lifetime

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SelectThis! said:
I agree with Enoch about the Greek Mysteries.

"You have been in heaven, but fall the mysteries had not yet been revealed to you, and
you knew worthless ones, and these in the hardness of your hearts you have made known to the
women, and through these mysteries women and men work much evil on earth." 4 Say to them
therefore: "You have no peace." ’

Of course, Paganism is based on the Mystery School and this is why Revelation calls Babylon, Mystery Babylon. What do you say about the rest of the post?
I also appreciate your input on this interesting subject, SelectThis! Welcome to Christianity Board! Pay no attention to the blow-hards and their callous comments and clueless quips. There are indeed, numerous mysteries contained in the Bible. The apocryphal books and sundry mythologies can often shed considerable light upon these veiled scriptural passages.

Biblical numerology is a fascinating subject but IMO too many Bible prognosticators tend to go to the extreme with their mathematical computations regarding eschatology prophecies.

It is also interesting that TWO NFL teams have name references to the Nephilim, i.e., the NY Giants and the Tennessee Titans.

SelectThis!

Nov 14, 2013
On the Threshold
James Forthwright said:
I also appreciate your input on this interesting subject, SelectThis! Welcome to Christianity Board! Pay no attention to the blow-hards and their callous comments and clueless quips. There are indeed, numerous mysteries contained in the Bible. The apocryphal books and sundry mythologies can often shed considerable light upon these veiled scriptural passages.

Biblical numerology is a fascinating subject but IMO too many Bible prognosticators tend to go to the extreme with their mathematical computations regarding eschatology prophecies.

It is also interesting that TWO NFL teams have name references to the Nephilim, i.e., the NY Giants and the Tennessee Titans.
I was beginning to wonder if anyone here had a mind for scripture. Thank you for the comments. I find it interesting that God shuns numerology, yet in Revelation 13, he gives permission for us to calculate. I'll do a full thread on the topic at some point. That's interesting about the football teams. I hand never noticed.

Arnie Manitoba said:
What a waste of a lifetime
Although I can see your frustration, there is no need to get down on yourself. Scripture is open to everyone. Even a few minutes a day can open your eyes and ears. The word ears in Hebrew represents the heads of wheat grain. The seed must open to express in dry soil. Water is the key to swelling the seed. We are baptized into the flood of the Jordan for the express purpose of opening what God planted. No reason to waste the opportunity. If you read the book of Enoch, the story of the flood follows the fall of divine beings into the waters of life. An improbable story of the flood turns into symbolism for who you are.

Do you notice how I kept my comments on the topic at hand? Follow the example and write to the subject, and not at the object. Credibility in a place like this requires your intellect and not your emotion. Flip this and you have intellect over emotion and patience becomes your virtue.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Toyota makes a truck called TITAN so they must be in the conspiracy too

A contest was recently held for GIANT pumpkins so we better watch out

Because we all know pumpkins are associated with haloween

Which of course is all about the devil and witches

Yep !!!! it all just one great big conspiracy

Now all we have to do is put some Giant pumpkins in the Titan truck and drive at 6 mph at 6 am 6 days after Halloween ... and voila .... we have the mark of the beast

SelectThis!

Nov 14, 2013
On the Threshold
Arnie Manitoba said:

Now all we have to do is put some Giant pumpkins in the Titan truck and drive at 6 mph at 6 am 6 days after Halloween ... and voila .... we have the mark of the beast

Finally, you speak to the subject of the thread, but I think the mark has been missed. Check scripture. The fruit of knowledge is what is produced by our knowledge. What was produced by God's knowledge? All the fruit we were given. God asked us to make the choice for our education. Either we allowed Him to give us perfected fruit freely, or we could choose to take the one thing we were to avoid as our education. We selected the path of toil in the garden to grow our own grain and open our own ears. Either way, God gives us the produce. Either the easy path walking with Him or the hard path of the Dodge Ram being caught in the thicket. Either way, God pulls us out of the miry clay. Aleph is Ox. Hook up the yolk and pull when technology fails.

Check the Word of God for the whole perspective and so many mistakes of misplaced concreteness are avoided. By the way, salvation is not a positional good. Christ died for all of us to pull us out of the clay. The same sun that melts wax also hardens clay. Water keeps it malleable. Have a drink.

MichaelH

Nov 28, 2013
Arnie Manitoba said:

I ain't for shooting folk down who don't have better things to do, but in a sense after reading through all this, one has to ask where is the scriptures?
As a teacher of the Word, do I add in all the things that are not scriptures? I personally don't think so. The Titan truck would be just as valid.

There is one scripture in Genises 6 that tell us of these possible Giants that were made by angles. One Scriptures!!! That is it, no other scripture mentions these giants though the term Nephlim is used again but it's just a Hebrew word. Like the Sons of Anak in Numbers 13. They might have been big fellows but Zero connection to these special giants or how they were made.

I personally can't take ONE scripture and make a doctrine out of it. The Angels did not keep their first estate (Jude) but that does not exactly tell me they were off making giants, I have to add that in and just suppose it might be true.

With the Word of God I like to be 100% certain, and we get there by having other scriptures to compare and these giants have none but one scripture in Gen 6 that takes our imagination and lets it run wild.

It all may be so, but for me I can't just take one and run with it, I need line upon line.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
[SIZE=9pt]Were there human survivors? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]This has long been a problem for the geographically and anthropologically global interpretation of the flood. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]The survival of the Nephilim. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]The flood narrative itself tells us that the Nephilim ‘were on the earth in those days (and also after this)’ (Genesis 6:4). This is recognized by standard commentaries as an explicit statement that the Nephilim survived the flood. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]In Genesis 6, the Nephilim are connected with the multiplication of humanity on the face of the earth (Gen 6:1) and with the evil of humanity which brings about God’s judgment in the form of the flood (Gen 6:5–7). Gen 6:4[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]includes a reference to later (postdiluvian) Nephilim. The majority of the spies who were sent by Joshua to [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]spy out Canaan reported giants whom they called Nephilim, and who are designated in the account as the [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]sons of Anak (Num 13:33).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]This all speaks to the post @ http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/19420-noahs-arkwho-was-on-board/ [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Personally when it comes to matters of controversy/debate, the "I don't know" answer is a good one, as I did not see the flood or witness any who survived ;)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Purity.[/SIZE]

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The "also after that" phrase in Gen.6 suggests that another, a second eruption of the Nephilim happened after the flood, not necessarily that the first Nephilim somehow survived the flood of Noah's day.