Did some of the nephlim survive the flood?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
The Bigfoot of north america and the Sasquatch of the andes mountains have a striking resemblance to the starchild skulls found in south america,Could it be possible that these were decendents of neplhlim that survived the great flood?

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
Pelaides said:
The Bigfoot of north america and the Sasquatch of the andes mountains have a striking resemblance to the starchild skulls found in south america,Could it be possible that these were decendents of neplhlim that survived the great flood?

Genises 6:4
4There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

They didn't survive the flood but some were born after the flood.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
laid renard said:
I don't believe these creatures exist. If they did, surely their remains would have been found by now. :)
Their remains have been found in south america.
Eric E Stahl said:
Genises 6:4
4There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

They didn't survive the flood but some were born after the flood.
If you read the book of enoch.It clearly states,God made the flood,to kill the nephlim,Who were half man half angel (demons).
ChristRoseFromTheDead said:
Do you not believe the bible? It says 8 people were saved. That means the rest weren't.
Nephlim are not people.
laid renard said:
I believe that as well, but I also believe them to be giant "men." Not hairy ape type men. :)

Mixing ape with man is man's docturine. ;)
What about mixing demons with man.
I also think,the great flood is what wiped out the neanderthals.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Angels do not have reproductive organs. Do you believe that the devil was an angel? Do you believe him to have had physical sex with Eve? If you say no... then how is Cain called his offspring? Do you believe that God(Excuse me LORD)had physical relations with Mary the mother of Jesus? The answer is no... yet Jesus is called the Seed of God. God created Adam, and then removed Eve from Adam, so God could have created Jesus in the womb of Mary.. But He is God our Creator, and the devil is NOT!
The devil creates by perverting God's creation, by using ungodly men to do his bidding, teaching them things that they should not know, things that will harm them, cause God to punish them in judgment. He uses our willing bodies and minds spiritually to do horrific things to one another and when we are led by unclean spirits then we are of the devil.. NOT God.
1 John 3:9
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
KJV
Mark 12:24-25
24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?
25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.
KJV

1 John 3:12
12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
KJV
Matt 13:38-40
38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
KJV

So, if the Word says that Cain was the offspring of the devil and ALL men who do evil and refuse to accept Christ are of their father the devil... THEN WHY ARE THEY NOT GIGANTIC?? If you believe the children of the fallen angels were PHYSICAL giants and not giants as in BULLY'S who because of their love of money and the power that money can buy from other fallen men that keeps them Larger than life to lord over those who refuse to bow to Satan for ill gotten gain.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
afaithfulone4u said:
Angels do not have reproductive organs. Do you believe that the devil was an angel? Do you believe him to have had physical sex with Eve? If you say no... then how is Cain called his offspring? Do you believe that God(Excuse me LORD)had physical relations with Mary the mother of Jesus? The answer is no... yet Jesus is called the Seed of God. God created Adam, and then removed Eve from Adam, so God could have created Jesus in the womb of Mary.. But He is God our Creator, and the devil is NOT!
The devil creates by perverting God's creation, by using ungodly men to do his bidding, teaching them things that they should not know, things that will harm them, cause God to punish them in judgment. He uses our willing bodies and minds spiritually to do horrific things to one another and when we are led by unclean spirits then we are of the devil.. NOT God.
1 John 3:9
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
KJV
Mark 12:24-25
24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?
25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.
KJV

1 John 3:12
12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
KJV
Matt 13:38-40
38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
KJV

So, if the Word says that Cain was the offspring of the devil and ALL men who do evil and refuse to accept Christ are of their father the devil... THEN WHY ARE THEY NOT GIGANTIC?? If you believe the children of the fallen angels were PHYSICAL giants and not giants as in BULLY'S who because of their love of money and the power that money can buy from other fallen men that keeps them Larger than life to lord over those who refuse to bow to Satan for ill gotten gain.
Genisis 6;4 "their were giants in the earth in those days;and also after that,when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men,and they bare children unto them,the same became mighty men which were of old,men of renown.

These were not bullies they were giants.The sons of God were fallen angels,that did this.

I read the bible literally not symbolicly.

And who said cain came from satan?He commited his act of evil by himself.

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
I believe the flood pertained to the biblical world and was not global in scope. So yes, I think some nephilim survived the flood.

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regarding Gen. 6:4, I found it interesting how some older bibles translate this scripture. 4 Now giants were upon the earth in those days. For after the sons of God went in to the daughters of men, and they brought forth children, these are the mighty men of old, men of renown. Douay-Rheims, which if I remember right is an 1899 translation.
Gen 6:4 There were giauntes also in the worlde at that tyme. For whan the children of God had lyen with the daughters of men, and begotten them children, ye same (children) became mightie in the worlde, and men of renowne. Miles Coverdale Bible 1535
And what I noticed about this scripture from these translations when I read it, was that when it says there were giants in the earth in those days, it then gives the reason why. When it says for after, I understood for the first time that this must be saying something like, as a result of or because of, as the reason for why there were giants in the earth in those days. And not that "and also after that", which gives the impression that giants were present also after this. That's not the meaning I see from these older translations.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Personally I doubt any such creatures survived the flood .... after all that was the whole purpose of the flood in the first place ... to destroy such evil ... both the "giants" and mankind who got mixed up with them were all destroyed .... and if they were not it means the flood was a failure.

Could there be some giant harry creatures like Sasquatch .... I suppose so .... its not impossible but they would have been on the ark with Noah

Biggest thing with Sasquatch pictures and videos they are obvious fakes and they "pose" for the cameras. It was all set up beforehand.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
†. Gen 6:4 . .There were giants in the earth in those days

The Hebrew word for "giants" in that passage is nephiyl (nef-eel') and/or
nephil (nef-eel') and I have no clue why the KJV's scholars translated it
giants because it doesn't mean that at all. For one thing; it's an ambiguous
word with more than one meaning. It can indicate someone who cuts,
knocks, or brings things down, or a killer; and/or bullies and tyrants.

Now; granted that some bullies are big guys; but not all tyrants are big
guys. Take for example Kim Jong-un of North Korea, He isn't especially
imposing but Mr. Jong-un sure knows how to exercise power excessively
and brutally.

In other words: nephiyl doesn't necessarily indicate a special race of people;
but simply people whose ambition is to dominate others; even if they have
to completely destroy their culture and kill them all off to do it; viz: nephyl
personalities are not good followers nor are they very good team players. It
can be accurately said of nephiyl personalities that they would rather rule in
hell than serve in heaven. In other words: if they can't conquer God, then
they would just as soon have nothing to do with Him.

The word "nephiyl" appears only twice more in the Old Testament: both at
Num 13:33.

From whence did the nephiyl personality type originate? Same place every
other personality type originated: from Adam; viz: since Noah and his wife,
and his sons and their wives, were Adam's descendants, then the nephiyl of
Num 13:33 survived the Flood by riding it out in the DNA of the people
aboard the ark.

Buen Camino
/

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
Personally I doubt any such creatures survived the flood .... after all that was the whole purpose of the flood in the first place ... to destroy such evil ... both the "giants" and mankind who got mixed up with them were all destroyed .... and if they were not it means the flood was a failure.

Could there be some giant harry creatures like Sasquatch .... I suppose so .... its not impossible but they would have been on the ark with Noah

Biggest thing with Sasquatch pictures and videos they are obvious fakes and they "pose" for the cameras. It was all set up beforehand.
The nephlim were man eating cannibals,so there is no way they would have been on noahs ark

The sasquatch and bigfoot sightings are usally in high mountainous areas where the flood waters may not have reached.

†. Gen 6:4 . .There were giants in the earth in those days

The Hebrew word for "giants" in that passage is nephiyl (nef-eel') and/or
nephil (nef-eel') and I have no clue why the KJV's scholars translated it
giants because it doesn't mean that at all. For one thing; it's an ambiguous
word with more than one meaning. It can indicate someone who cuts,
knocks, or brings things down, or a killer; and/or bullies and tyrants.

Now; granted that some bullies are big guys; but not all tyrants are big
guys. Take for example Kim Jong-un of North Korea, He isn't especially
imposing but Mr. Jong-un sure knows how to exercise power excessively
and brutally.

In other words: nephiyl doesn't necessarily indicate a special race of people;
but simply people whose ambition is to dominate others; even if they have
to completely destroy their culture and kill them all off to do it; viz: nephyl
personalities are not good followers nor are they very good team players. It
can be accurately said of nephiyl personalities that they would rather rule in
hell than serve in heaven. In other words: if they can't conquer God, then
they would just as soon have nothing to do with Him.

The word "nephiyl" appears only twice more in the Old Testament: both at
Num 13:33.

From whence did the nephiyl personality type originate? Same place every
other personality type originated: from Adam; viz: since Noah and his wife,
and his sons and their wives, were Adam's descendants, then the nephiyl of
Num 13:33 survived the Flood by riding it out in the DNA of the people
aboard the ark.

Buen Camino
/
Like i said before,the nephlim were halfman halfdemon.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Pelaides said:
The nephlim were man eating cannibals,so there is no way they would have been on noahs ark

The sasquatch and bigfoot sightings are usally in high mountainous areas where the flood waters may not have reached.

Like i said before,the nephlim were halfman halfdemon.
There are marine fossils on the top of mount Everest and they match marine fossils on the beaches of Baja California

Where did you come up with the notion nephlim were cannibals ??

Where did you come up with the notion nephlim were demon - men ??

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Nephilim are not demons. Demons are unclean bodiless spirits needing a host body to live in. Matthew 12:28-29, 43, 44, 45. Mark 5:11, 12, 13. Luke 4:41,

Nephilim were children born through the ungodly union between daughters of men and fallen angelic beings. Gen 6:4

H5303 nephı̂yl nephil - Giant
From H5307; properly, a feller, that is, a bully or tyrant: - giant.

H5307 nâphal
A primitive root; to fall, in a great variety of applications (intransitively or causatively, literally or figuratively): - be accepted, cast (down, self, [lots], out), cease, die, divide (by lot), (let) fail, (cause to, let, make, ready to) fall (away, down, -en, -ing), fell (-ing), fugitive, have [inheritamce], inferior, be judged [by mistake for H6419], lay (along), (cause to) lie down, light (down), be (X hast) lost, lying, overthrow, overwhelm, perish, present (-ed, -ing), (make to) rot, slay, smite out, X surely, throw down.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Arnie Manitoba said:
There are marine fossils on the top of mount Everest and they match marine fossils on the
beaches of Baja California
The discovery of fossilized sea lilies near the summit of Mt Everest proves
that the Himalayan land mass has not always been mountainous; but at one
time was the floor of an ancient sea bed. This is confirmed by the "yellow
band" just below Everest's summit consisting of limestone: a type of rock
made from calcite sediments containing the skeletal remains of countless
trillions of organisms who lived, not on dry land, but in the ocean.

Limestone requires many thousands of years to build up to any appreciable
thickness. The Flood lasted only 370 days from start to finish; which is only
five days over a normal calendar year: not nearly enough time to make
limestone-- or fossils either for that matter --so attempting to use either the
yellow band or the sea lilies as evidence of Noah's Flood is futile.

†. Ps 104:5-9 . . He established the Earth on its foundations, so that it shall
never totter. You made the deep cover it as a garment; the waters stood
above the mountains. They fled at your blast, rushed away at the sound of
your thunder-- mountains rising, valleys sinking to the place you established
for them. You set bounds they must not pass so that they never again cover
the Earth.

Psalm 104 is stunning; and clearly way ahead of its time. It says that the
land masses we know today as mountains were at one time submerged; and
it isn't talking about Noah's flood. The speech of "mountains rising, and
valleys sinking" isn't Flood-speak, no, it's geology-speak. I seriously doubt
that the Psalmist knew about the science of tectonic plates, magma
pressure, and the forces of subduction, but he was clearly somehow aware
that the Earth's crust is malleable. And that's true. With just the right
combination of temperature and pressure, solid rock can be made to bend;
even forced to hairpin back upon itself like taffy.

Buen Camino
/

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
There are marine fossils on the top of mount Everest and they match marine fossils on the beaches of Baja California

Where did you come up with the notion nephlim were cannibals ??

Where did you come up with the notion nephlim were demon - men ??
The book of enoch.

Nephilim are not demons. Demons are unclean bodiless spirits needing a host body to live in. Matthew 12:28-29, 43, 44, 45. Mark 5:11, 12, 13. Luke 4:41,

Nephilim were children born through the ungodly union between daughters of men and fallen angelic beings. Gen 6:4

H5303 nephı̂yl nephil - Giant
From H5307; properly, a feller, that is, a bully or tyrant: - giant.

H5307 nâphal
A primitive root; to fall, in a great variety of applications (intransitively or causatively, literally or figuratively): - be accepted, cast (down, self, [lots], out), cease, die, divide (by lot), (let) fail, (cause to, let, make, ready to) fall (away, down, -en, -ing), fell (-ing), fugitive, have [inheritamce], inferior, be judged [by mistake for H6419], lay (along), (cause to) lie down, light (down), be (X hast) lost, lying, overthrow, overwhelm, perish, present (-ed, -ing), (make to) rot, slay, smite out, X surely, throw down.
I always thought demons were fallen angels.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Webers_Home .... that has always been my (geological) understanding as well .... the mountains could very well have been raised up after the flood etc .... mostly my comment about fossils on Everest was because someone else posted that Noah's flood was only in Noah's area and not worldwide . I believe it was worldwide . Thanks

Pelaides .... Lots of neat stuff in Enoch .... it cannot be verified as scripture but I wish there was more scripture that explained unusual phenomenon
I also tend to think demons are the fallen angels
Thanks