Did the Church changed the goalposts?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Three hundred years after Christ died at Calvary,

a church emerged that changed the goalposts of belief if you wanted to be saved concerning the title you must give to Christ.

That church was driven by scholars and theologians. To change the goalposts from the biblically stated belief to be saved, cannot have been inspired or led of the Holy Spirit.

Therefore, that church was driven by the academic minds of scholars and theologians.

The first century church was led of the Holy Spirit. Sadly, many today, especially on the internet, follow the church that changed the goalposts 300 years after Christ died at calvary. Anyone led of the Holy Spirit into truth knows God never changed the goalposts of what you must believe to inherit eternal life, it stayed the same from day one.

The above is from a member on this forum.
What is radically different re this post and not verifiable?
J

Last edited:
Reactions: Episkopos

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

a church emerged that changed the goalposts of belief if you wanted to be saved concerning the title you must give to Christ.

That church was driven by scholars and theologians. To change the goalposts from the biblically stated belief to be saved, cannot have been inspired or led of the Holy Spirit.

Therefore, that church was driven by the academic minds of scholars and theologians.

The first century church was led of the Holy Spirit. Sadly, many today, especially on the internet, follow the church that changed the goalposts 300 years after Christ died at calvary. Anyone led of the Holy Spirit into truth knows God never changed the goalposts of what you must believe to inherit eternal life, it stayed the same from day one.

J.
That was in a discussion between us, I will happily post here exactly what I posted to you in the other thread:

Three hundred years after Christ died at Calvary, a church emerged that changed the goalposts of belief if you wanted to be saved concerning the title you must give to Christ. That church was driven by scholars and theologians. To change the goalposts from the biblically stated belief to be saved, cannot have been inspired or led of the Holy Spirit. Therefore, that church was driven by the academic minds of scholars and theologians. The first century church was led of the Holy Spirit. Sadly, many today, especially on the internet, follow the church that changed the goalposts 300 years after Christ died at calvary. Anyone led of the Holy Spirit into truth knows God never changed the goalposts of what you must believe to inherit eternal life, it stayed the same from day one

Quite simple. The title you must give Christ according to the bible to be saved is Son of God. The council of nicea changed that to God Himself. And, most on the internet follow the council of nicea on this, not the bible

I wrote:
I would add, the only way you can follow the truth of what is written is if you are led by the Holy Spirit into truth, for he is the Spirit of truth. Many do not rely on the Holy Spirit to lead them as they read, they just trust in their academic mind to lead them into truth

Johann responded: during the discussion:
''That is, IF you have the Holy Spirit''

I responded:
All I can say is, I do not follow scholars and theologians who changed the goalposts from the biblical belief as to whom you must title Christ to be saved, I stay with the biblical belief. The bible was inspired and led of the Holy Spirit. Those who changed the goalposts then of belief as written in the bible, cannot have been doing so by the leading of the Holy Spirit, and neither can those who follow them. Hope that answers the point

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
That was in a discussion between us, I will happily post here exactly what I posted to you in the other thread:

Three hundred years after Christ died at Calvary, a church emerged that changed the goalposts of belief if you wanted to be saved concerning the title you must give to Christ. That church was driven by scholars and theologians. To change the goalposts from the biblically stated belief to be saved, cannot have been inspired or led of the Holy Spirit. Therefore, that church was driven by the academic minds of scholars and theologians. The first century church was led of the Holy Spirit. Sadly, many today, especially on the internet, follow the church that changed the goalposts 300 years after Christ died at calvary. Anyone led of the Holy Spirit into truth knows God never changed the goalposts of what you must believe to inherit eternal life, it stayed the same from day one

Quite simple. The title you must give Christ according to the bible to be saved is Son of God. The council of nicea changed that to God Himself. And, most on the internet follow the council of nicea on this, not the bible

I wrote:
I would add, the only way you can follow the truth of what is written is if you are led by the Holy Spirit into truth, for he is the Spirit of truth. Many do not rely on the Holy Spirit to lead them as they read, they just trust in their academic mind to lead them into truth

Johann responded: during the discussion:
''That is, IF you have the Holy Spirit''

I responded:
All I can say is, I do not follow scholars and theologians who changed the goalposts from the biblical belief as to whom you must title Christ to be saved, I stay with the biblical belief. The bible was inspired and led of the Holy Spirit. Those who changed the goalposts then of belief as written in the bible, cannot have been doing so by the leading of the Holy Spirit, and neither can those who follow them. Hope that answers the point

This is why you and I cannot agree.
J.

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

This is why you and I cannot agree.
J.
If you wish to try and show reasons other than have been stated for our disagreement, I can understand why you would try and do that. Our disagreement is based on something very simple. You follow a church rule introduced 300 years after Christ died at calvary in relation to the title he must be given to be saved. I follow the bible. And as I have already told you, I do not watch youtube videos of people professing a message

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
If you wish to try and show reasons other than have been stated for our disagreement, I can understand why you would try and do that. Our disagreement is based on something very simple. You follow a church rule introduced 300 years after Christ died at calvary in relation to the title he must be given to be saved. I follow the bible. And as I have already told you, I do not watch youtube videos of people professing a message
Are you a minister or a pastor, a man of the cloth?
J.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What is radically different re this post and not verifiable?
J

No! God never changes, nor does His laws sir. However, at this time we are under a new covenant, with different laws than we had prior to Jesus coming to earth. Jesus feeds his sheep through the faithful slave sir. Mat 24:45