Different ideas

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also Marakopa

You can back out of discussions with me over the term "nation" if you need to, but you've avoided my questions from the first day you got here. My first question, "Please provide historical evidence of the Great Apostacy, as taught by the JWs" was never addressed.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Does it have a form, will you ever see it?
well, God spoils me rotten right now, pretty much; i think it pays to be grateful for what you have and don't worry much about the rest.

It is always only ever going to be right now for your entire existence, and what better description of "thief in the night" can you envision than believing some fantasy about the future, when no one knows what they will become? If you cannot be content sitting in a cave starving then you are not going to be happy with anything, it's as simple as that imo

Marakorpa

Aug 26, 2017
Coffs Harbour NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The early Church did not believe that the Creation story was a literal account - they believed it was a mystic vision God gave to Moses

I would not be surprised. The early Church was based mostly of the pagan Roman isms, with its three trinities and many gods and sub gods to pray to and do obedience to. The early Church, from about 300 CE changed to suit the two trends of the time, continuation of Pagan ritual to keep an interest in the groups and this new "Christianity", which Constantine could see as a rising system of religio/government system that might be popular,

It has not changed and the new Christianity has ridden on the back of the political beast ever since.
So does the Church believe in creation these days, or is it true that you can believe anything you wish as long as you go to the buildings and pay your tithes?

Marakorpa

Aug 26, 2017
Coffs Harbour NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Also Marakopa

You can back out of discussions with me over the term "nation" if you need to, but you've avoided my questions from the first day you got here. My first question, "Please provide historical evidence of the Great Apostacy, as taught by the JWs" was never addressed.

expalin your question a different way, please. I do not think that I have mentioned the term Great Apostasy.

Marakorpa

Aug 26, 2017
Coffs Harbour NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
it is a much more ancient mythology than Moses, although ours is the most refined imo, Lillith removed etc
Evidence please. The creation was before Moses, as a matter of fact no writings of the Bible were around before 1513BCE, but I get the impression you have other earlier accounts of the creation.

Marakorpa

Aug 26, 2017
Coffs Harbour NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
same as it ever was ya

Then why were the two wars in that era called the first world war and the second world war. Are the historians of that time of no knowledge of past wars.
However, what you are trying to do is to deny Jesus information about the last days.

Marakorpa

Aug 26, 2017
Coffs Harbour NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Also Marakopa

Roman–Persian Wars - Wikipedia

Here you will find information on your "WORLD WARS", or local skirmishes, unfortunately I doubt that it fits the conflicts of the two World wars of our history since 1914,

I think you may mean by the Great Apostasy the Church favouring Tradition over Scripture as it does now. A typical example is the suggestion that Mary is in heaven in her human form. This being completely against Biblical reference.

Another instance could be the burning of Joan 'd Arch at the stake for heresy and then later being made a saint under the Roman Catholic non-biblical traditions. Does your god have a reciprocal deal with Satan where He can recover sinners from Hell, blow the smoke off, and then make them a saint? It is really laughable, surely.

This killing and recovery was within the same church system and must condemn the church severely for a mistake of grave proportions at either event, or for that matter, at both events.

By any of the saint making of the church, it shows that the church puts itself over Jehovah, as there is no biblical evidence that man has this right that the Catholic Church assumes is theirs alone.

Is that some of the evidence of the Great Apostasy you require/

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Evidence please. The creation was before Moses, as a matter of fact no writings of the Bible were around before 1513BCE, but I get the impression you have other earlier accounts of the creation.
the Adam and Eve Creation Story is actually a composite of mythologies (distilled truth passed down around campfires, the only way they had then) that pre existed Moses by centuries, likely ages. Unfortunatley all the Lillith yack drowns that search out. Um, speech predates written words by a lot; proceed from there

Marakorpa

Aug 26, 2017
Coffs Harbour NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Although we don't have a date for Satan to be Cast Out we have a Time Period Read Carefully
When will Satan be cast out of Heaven ?

5 days before Passover Use the old Hebrew Calendar to calculate this. Be reminded of the time in Prophecy we're living in. Being that we are the generation of the Fig Tree, look for Satan to be Cast Soon.

John 12:1 Then Jesus six days before the Passover came to Bethany where Lazarus was which had been dead whom he raised from the dead. John 12:12 On the next day much people that were come to the feast when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem. This verse tells us it's now 5 days before Passover John 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

Jesus telling us here on this day Satan will be cast out. He was speaking of the end times 5 days before Passover. The book of Revelation tells us he's Cast Out at the 6th Seal the 6th Vial and 6th Trump thus his number the number of a Man 666.

Five days before passover in the Jewish calendar would be Nisan 9. but is does not apply these days too much.

Marakorpa

Aug 26, 2017
Coffs Harbour NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
the Adam and Eve Creation Story is actually a composite of mythologies (distilled truth passed down around campfires, the only way they had then) that pre existed Moses by centuries, likely ages. Unfortunatley all the Lillith yack drowns that search out. Um, speech predates written words by a lot; proceed from there

words are not evidence unless backed up by fact....Keep trying.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
However, what you are trying to do is to deny Jesus information about the last days.
1Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you,

no, what i am doing is saying that the same Revelation that was valid to a believer 2000 years ago is valid for you, and those passages are not reserved for a few special snowflakes in some ill-imagined literal translation of what is meant to be the revelation of Christ in yourself. Tomorrow never comes. This takes the focus off of Christ, today imo

they "do not need to write to you" because today is always the day. A person is in their last days from the moment they are born, right, we are here and gone in a breath

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
words are not evidence unless backed up by fact....Keep trying.
the last 5 of the decalogue also predate Moses, and surely you are aware of many other paganisms that go into making up Scripture for some people at least. It is a valid guess that people generally shared a creation story similar to our own before Moses

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
well, God spoils me rotten right now, pretty much; i think it pays to be grateful for what you have and don't worry much about the rest.

It is always only ever going to be right now for your entire existence, and what better description of "thief in the night" can you envision than believing some fantasy about the future, when no one knows what they will become? If you cannot be content sitting in a cave starving then you are not going to be happy with anything, it's as simple as that imo

The new creation is a real creation, not a frame of mind or something like that. It is incorruptible and imperishable. 1 Peter 1:23

Since the perishable is unable to inherit the Kingdom of Heaven, an imperishable new creation is necessary to enter it. 1 Corinthians 15:50.

You said the kingdom of heaven is right beside you, but it is even closer than that. Your spirit could be there right now.

Reactions: Armadillo

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The new creation is a real creation, not a frame of mind or something like that. It is incorruptible and imperishable. 1 Peter 1:23

Since the perishable is unable to inherit the Kingdom of Heaven, an imperishable new creation is necessary to enter it. 1 Corinthians 15:50.

You said the kingdom of heaven is right beside you, but it is even closer than that. Your spirit could be there right now.

If this needs to be repeated to a long time member for the umpteenth time, then you should know that your time would be better served doing something else, like....oh....I don't know, fishing...or pumping iron at the gym. :)