Different ideas

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My specific question is : what is God's plan in your mind?
In my mind it is likely quite messed up as these days in the flesh my memory fails altogether too often. On the other hand what God has put in my heart is always there if I need it and I am paying close attention.

You are apparently looking for an easy outline that you can read and in which you may even encounter some flaws. What I have rather than an outline is a connection which provides me with a vision:

"Where there is no vision, the people perish..." Prov 29:18

My vision at present remains as "through a glass darkly", but He is working bringing me up to "face to face" [see I Cor 13:12].

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have a question for you, Marakorpa

First I thought you told the board that you were investigating the JWs - do I have that wrong?
Your posts seem to indicate that you have joined the church....

Do you believe any doctrine that is rejected by the JW? Do you study any other Bible other then the NWT?

Do you chalk up all disagreement with JWs as persecution?

Finally, what church, if any, did you belong to before joining the Jws?

Thanks

Marakorpa

Aug 26, 2017
Coffs Harbour NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In my mind it is likely quite messed up as these days in the flesh my memory fails altogether too often. On the other hand what God has put in my heart is always there if I need it and I am paying close attention.

You are apparently looking for an easy outline that you can read and in which you may even encounter some flaws. What I have rather than an outline is a connection which provides me with a vision:

"Where there is no vision, the people perish..." Prov 29:18

My vision at present remains as "through a glass darkly", but He is working bringing me up to "face to face" [see I Cor 13:12].

The reason I asked that question is that the Bible tells us clearly what God's purpose or plan is for us sinful humans. It i s not about visions or dreams it is clear and concise just as the original words to Satan were real and concise. "I will put enmity between your seed and her seed, you will bruise her heel but she will bruise your head" this was a mystery until Jesus came to earth. Have a look for those scriptures and you may be enlightened.

Marakorpa

Aug 26, 2017
Coffs Harbour NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have a question for you, Marakorpa

First I thought you told the board that you were investigating the JWs - do I have that wrong?
Your posts seem to indicate that you have joined the church.... Wrong, I made no such comment. Joining is a better word.

Do you believe any doctrine that is rejected by the JW? Do you study any other Bible other then the NWT? Yes - No!

Do you chalk up all disagreement with JWs as persecution? No. I appreciate discussing any disagreement with the Bible teachings.

Finally, what church, if any, did you belong to before joining the Jws? None, although I was sent to a Catholic College for a better education.

Thanks

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
The reason I asked that question is that the Bible tells us clearly what God's purpose or plan is for us sinful humans. It i s not about visions or dreams it is clear and concise just as the original words to Satan were real and concise. "I will put enmity between your seed and her seed, you will bruise her heel but she will bruise your head" this was a mystery until Jesus came to earth. Have a look for those scriptures and you may be enlightened.

I read @amadeus post and didn't see anything about dreams or visions. I think he is talking about vision, as in seeing. Because for those who turn to the Lord, the veil is taken away. They are being transformed into the image of the Lord.
2 Corinthians 3:13-18.

IMO, Victory over Satan isn't the end-all be-all of human existence. The apex of human existence is found in the Lord following that victory over Satan. Our purpose can be found in the end-game, which I agree is reasonable considering how brief this existence is compared to eternity.

Reactions: Helen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thanks

I went to Catholic university, as well

buddyt

May 23, 2017
oneonta al. USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You last comment is the only part of your post that has any semblance of accuracy about it IMO

First earth age???? Where in the Bible do you get this from.

When was Satan cast to the vicinity of the earth...'having great anger knowing that he had a short time.'

What is t his gulf you speak of, I must have missed that in my Bible studies.

Does eternal life or everlasting life mean immortality?
I've given the Books & Chapter. Read with understanding.
Satan has not yet been cast out. Believe me when he is you will know. Or at least should know.

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I Fear to tread here, for fear that I will be trod on: But I am intrepid, an adventurer and a fool of sorts, so here goes.

Who created the Hell of Christendom? Is hell and hades not just the common grave? What is meant by the "Memorial Tombs". Why would Adam and Eve have needed an immortal soul if they were to live on a paradise earth forever, as was the original promise? Has the promise of mankind living on a paradise earth been withdrawn or is it still in the plan by God? Was Jesus immortal before he was raised to the heavens after his death?

History" The "Life Hereafter" concept did not appear in man's history until the times of the Egyptian Pharaohs, who declared themselves gods.

Pagan Rome, of Constantine's time, had three trinities in its tenet or dogma.
I wonder, does the Bible stipulate that Adam and Eve would live forever?

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Math. 18:
And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
little children, don't be deceived; those who do right, are right
Aha, and then comes the question , "what is this "right" that the little children are doing?" You probably would not be surprised at the number who believe they know exactly what it is.

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's plan is clear and precise to Him and to those to whom He has enlightened. But, we all start in our walk seeing through a "glass darkly". This is how little children in the flesh begin and it is how new Christians in the spirit begin. My vision of God's plan is not exactly what it was when I first came to the Lord and it should not be. No one's should be. We should be growing in Him and toward Him. My Light should be growing brighter, No?

Did not even Jesus grow?

"And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man." Luke 2:52

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read @amadeus post and didn't see anything about dreams or visions. I think he is talking about vision, as in seeing. Because for those who turn to the Lord, the veil is taken away. They are being transformed into the image of the Lord.
Just so, as in seeing or understanding! When Moses came down from the mountain where he had been with God, his face was so shining so brightly that the people were unable to look at him. A veil was put over his face to make it tolerable for them.

When we have a vision of God, what we have will begin to be discerned by some who have "eyes to see", but some will be absolutely blinded and will want to cover up what we have rather to be enabled to see it clearly themselves.

"If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee." Psalm 139:11-12

For God there is no darkness so dark that it hides anything from His eyes. But in the following verse we are told what will be:

"Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound." Isaiah 30:26

That verse speaks about a lot of things. Some of them, I believe, I understand, but some of them are still far beyond anything that I have thus far been allowed to understand or should I say, See.

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When Moses came down from the mountain where he had been with God, his face was so shining so brightly that the people were unable to look at him. A veil was put over his face to make it tolerable for them.

I disagree. The glory was fading. Moses put on the veil so they wouldn't notice the glory of the law fading away but as we look to Jesus and not to works, the veil will lift.

2 Corinthians 3:13-16

We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to prevent the Israelites from seeing the end of what was passing away. But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away. Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree. The glory was fading. Moses put on the veil so they wouldn't notice the glory of the law fading away but as we look to Jesus and not to works, the veil will lift.

2 Corinthians 3:13-16

We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to prevent the Israelites from seeing the end of what was passing away. But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away. Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

For this I use the KJV which has as the antecedent for the the pronoun "it" in verse 16, the word "heart" in verse 15.

"But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away." II Cor 3:15-16

To me that appears to be the heart of Israel. They missed it in the wilderness, but was God done with Israel then or was He done with them when they were carried away to Babylon? Is He done with them today?

Marakorpa

Aug 26, 2017
Coffs Harbour NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've given the Books & Chapter. Read with understanding.
Satan has not yet been cast out. Believe me when he is you will know. Or at least should know.
Hasn't been cast out yet?? What were the years form 1914 like...Nation shall rise against nation...etc,never before in history has this prophecy been true.

Just look at the Biblical signs of the last days and tell me that they are not accurate. The heavens has to cleared out to receive t he 144,000 who were not resurrected from the grave immediately they died unit Satan was in "The vicinity of the earth".

When the last of these faithful and discreet slaves die then Armageddon will come, sometime during the great tribulation....No dates.

Last edited:

Marakorpa

Aug 26, 2017
Coffs Harbour NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
the argument i believe being that God does not create voids, formlessness, chaos, like that
not sure i buy that but at the same time it kinda rings true
Oh I see! I think: When God created the earth, with his master worker Jesus, or the Word, he said that the world was (at first void and formless) not much topography and void of any vegetation or rivers etc. The centre of the earth has molten iron that creates a magnetic field around us to prevent a lot of radiation from space and the sun. This magma need vents to allow tithe pressure to let off and many volcanoes would have shaped the earth before it became a habitable place to live. This could have taken billions of earth years to get to this stage, God and his Son were not in a great hurry to get it done they just wanted it to "Be good and Very Good: PS It was all very will planned, not Chaos. In all the universe, earth became the "best address for man", it didn’t happen by chance.

Reactions: bbyrd009