Different ideas

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol ya, i get that a lot

1Cor11:3But I want you to know that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of the woman, and God is the head of Christ.

Ok. So what does that verse have to do with what's being discussed here? What are Paul's reasons for making that statement?

o

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Ok. So what does that verse have to do with what's being discussed here?
dunno, i'll have to go see...ah, here it is
Do you realize that the verse you posted is used by those who believe that Jesus is not God?
Jesus is not God, is what
What are Paul's reasons for making that statement?
not sure what that has to do with the discussion, sorry. Would Paul's reasons, whatever they might have been, invalidate that God is the Head of Christ in your opinion?

The point being--it seems to me anyway--that the v does not say "God is Christ" or "Christ is God" or "God is the head and body of Christ," etc, but succinctly describes the relationship, to the exclusion of any other guesses about it, that are rampant and also, frankly, satanic, like "trinity" doctrine, etc

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think very few make it to the highest level of the ark.
But at least we move up from being an unclean beast and make it, mabye, to human being. Seems like it should be easy to be what we were meant to be, but ole' split hooves Always gets into the act.

Each step toward the top requires our consent and our effort, even though those things alone will never get us there. Jesus provided the means and all the help we could need is available, but we must make the decisions even to ask for the necessary help.

I believe we are "covered" by Christ and God sees us as He would see His Son.
If not, how could we ever make it to heaven??

The covering is there. We read in Genesis where after they had sinned Adam and Eve to cover their nakedness made their own coverings of fig leaves. When came to them He provided a better covering of skins to hold them temporarily until the best covering was available. That covering as you suggest comes from the sacrifice of Jesus on our behalf... if we take it up and put it on...

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
dunno, i'll have to go see...ah, here it is
Jesus is not God, is what

not sure what that has to do with the discussion, sorry. Would Paul's reasons, whatever they might have been, invalidate that God is the Head of Christ in your opinion?

The point being--it seems to me anyway--that the v does not say "God is Christ" or "Christ is God" or "God is the head and body of Christ," etc, but succinctly describes the relationship, to the exclusion of any other guesses about it, that are rampant and also, frankly, satanic, like "trinity" doctrine, etc
:eek:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Each step toward the top requires our consent and our effort, even though those things alone will never get us there. Jesus provided the means and all the help we could need is available, but we must make the decisions even to ask for the necessary help.

The covering is there. We read in Genesis where after they had sinned Adam and Eve to cover their nakedness made their own coverings of fig leaves. When came to them He provided a better covering of skins to hold them temporarily until the best covering was available. That covering as you suggest comes from the sacrifice of Jesus on our behalf... if we take it up and put it on...
I like how you think Amadeus.

Jesus provided, but we have also our part to do.
I speak to persons who tell me Jesus DID IT ALL and God is INSULTED if we try to do our part because He doesn't need our help.

And yes, the first covering. The first animal sacrifice to make man a covering...
Blood was shed for us by God, way back in the beginning...

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
ha ya, i know. Understand what is meant there, not like it sounds ok.
ya! It don't sound so good.
I know someone who believes we're all doomed because we're worshipping a different God, not THE God, Yahweh.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wanna share them, being as how you have inferred that the response was lacking somehow?

No offense, but it indicates to me that your knowledge of the scriptures is very limited. If you had pulled that verse from your study's, you would have known why Paul made that statement.

There's no edification in posting scripture if you don't know what it means.

Again, no offense.

o

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I simply dragged tiger down to the page. You can do the same by saving an image onto your notebook of desk top and then drag it to your work page, like I did here. Try it out, Drag your avatar.... Left click and hold and drag. I use Linux operating system so I am not sure of the terminology of other operating systems.

Thank you for that!! When I feel brave I shall try it on here. :D
This is about the best I can right now though.
big-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No offense, but it indicates to me that your knowledge of the scriptures is very limited. If you had pulled that verse from your study's, you would have known why Paul made that statement.

There's no edification in posting scripture if you don't know what it means.
ok, well we have unlimited space here, and we are surrounded by witnesses, so now is your chance, seems to me

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

I simply dragged tiger down to the page. You can do the same by saving an image onto your notebook of desk top and then drag it to your work page, like I did here. Try it out, Drag your avatar.... Left click and hold and drag. I use Linux operating system so I am not sure of the terminology of other operating systems.
so, to import a pic from another site, you just open two small windows, or can you copy/paste from one tab to another, or what? ty

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, well we have unlimited space here, and we are surrounded by witnesses, so now is your chance, seems to me

Sorry, I don't have a spoon. You'll have to feed yourself. Your attitude toward this site, it's members and christianity in general prevent me from teaching you anything.

o

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Sorry, I don't have a spoon. You'll have to feed yourself. Your attitude toward this site, it's members and christianity in general prevent me from teaching you anything.

o
well that seems to ignore that the Church listening in would all be edified, too though
you have a valid perspective, why does it have to be about teaching me anything?

Marakorpa

Aug 26, 2017
Coffs Harbour NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ya, miss me with that lol

All those still alive come Armageddon will be a witness to Jehovah's truth and power. It will be too late then, though. So I believe and the scriptures show this to be true.
Luk 14:28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
Luk 14:29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,
Luk 14:30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.
Luk 14:31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?
Luk 14:32 Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace.
Luk 14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

I can just imagine God, creating man, full well of the events to come, even to teh point of having a plan of salvation so that He can redeem His creation back to Himself. Do you really think God would allow His creation to fail?? If just one soul was lost than His whole plan of salvation is in trouble, do you really Think that the devil and man are greater than God, for it certainly seems that way.

I do not believe that God allowed himself to know about the following events, as it would s how that God was not perfect and was about to create a imperfect situation. Jehovah said to his son "The Word" or Jesus that he is called in our day and in our Bibles, "Let us create man in our image" That is a man with perfect principles, as Jehovah had no physical image to copy nor did Jesus at that time. If you read the Bible you will see that Jehovah set up a plan to deal with Satan's challenge of supremacy.
The next quote is from JW. org, I can go on if you wish or you can go to the site and see for your self. It shows that Jehovah created this plan immediately Satan lured Adam and Eve into sin. Adam and Eve had right of choice and God was not going to interfere in that matter or it would not have been the choice that we, as sinning humans, exercise every day.

Do not be afraid, Jehovah has a plan to let Satan try as much as his time will allow to show who is the Greater, and then God will destroy him and all his followers to leave an earth with those that wish to worship the true God and live in peace in paradise (Eden meant Paradise)

Salvation lies in the one who follows the words Jesus gave in his time on earth. Remember Jesus fulfilled the Mosaic Laws at his death, and set up the new laws for salvation. You are not given salvation you earn it through works and consistence.

I certainty do not think Satan or mankind is greater than God, we are not even greater that the lowliest of the Angels, I don’t know where you got that idea from.

And this
Could you please explain your point in the next part?

Luk 7:40 And Jesus answering said unto him, Simon, I have somewhat to say unto thee. And he saith, Master, say on.
Luk 7:41 There was a certain creditor which had two debtors: the one owed five hundred pence, and the other fifty.
Luk 7:42 And when they had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love him most?
Luk 7:43 Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave most. And he said unto him, Thou hast rightly judged.

So I guess God has a plan, now if we would only let Him complete it without getting in teh way.

Marakorpa

Aug 26, 2017
Coffs Harbour NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

o

My Attitude is retorting to silly comments, mainly in my Aussie humour attitude. I speak from the Bible, not from man's Churches that a lost in the worldliness of immorality, greed,idolatry and many other things that do not describe a Christian. I am not against one person at all, but against things that are not Biblical.
Give me quick outline on what you will teach me, and if I feel it is from the Bible I will certainly look at it.

Your opening comment about not having a spoon is one of those silly comments. You do not fire this at me, you just put them up to show your followers how clever you believe yourself to be.

And to finalise this: When did I ever ask you to teach me anything?

Reactions: bbyrd009