Different ideas

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
just do what you do when you are lucid dreaming, no problem lol
Hey b
Do this for me please???

Post my entire statement, or none at all.
I have NO IDEA what you're referring to and neither do the Readers.

Thanks.

Reactions: Job

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK.
But if we're made up of 3 separate componants:
Body
Soul
Spirit

And it's the SOUL that makes us what we are,
shouldn't the soul also be immortal?

I think when we die both our soul and our spirit go to be with God.
Only our body will not be there.

"Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die." Ezek 18:4

When the dirt is thrown over our face, if we have not claimed and received the Life which Jesus is, then we are dead in our sin and our soul according to what Ezekiel wrote is also dead.

It would be immortal if we had received and kept the Life which Jesus is:

"Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?" John 11:25-26

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Post my entire statement, or none at all.
the software is set up to quote or reply to snippets, and the complete post can be accessed by the (hidden) button next to the name on the top of the snippet (to the right of the name). But if you don't know that it is a pain i guess

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What happens at death is no mystery to Jehovah, the Creator of the brain. He knows the truth, and in his Word, the Bible, he explains the condition of the dead. Its clear teaching is this: When a person dies, he ceases to exist. Death is the opposite of life. The dead do not see or hear or think. Not even one part of us survives the death of the body. We do not possess an immortal soul or spirit. *

Where did the flame go?

6 After Solomon observed that the living know that they will die, he wrote: “But the dead know nothing at all.” He then enlarged on that basic truth by saying that the dead can neither love nor hate and that “there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave.” (Read Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6, 10.) Similarly, Psalm 146:4 says that when a man dies, “his thoughts perish.” We are mortal and do not survive the death of our body. The life we enjoy is like the flame of a candle. When the flame is put out, it does not go anywhere. It is simply gone.

Even so...

"For there shall be no reward to the evil man; the candle of the wicked shall be put out." Prov 24:20

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
"Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die." Ezek 18:4

When the dirt is thrown over our face, if we have not claimed and received the Life which Jesus is, then we are dead in our sin and our soul according to what Ezekiel wrote is also dead.

It would be immortal if we had received and kept the Life which Jesus is:

"Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?" John 11:25-26
So you're an annihalist?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
the software is set up to quote or reply to snippets, and the complete post can be accessed by the (hidden) button next to the name on the top of the snippet (to the right of the name). But if you don't know that it is a pain i guess
Isn't it easier if you just post THE WHOLE STATEMENT I made?
I don't think it's correct to reply to snippets.
A statement is a complete thought. If you want to reply to only a portion of it, fine, but post the Whole statement.

We could have spent this time discussing the snippet instead of doing THIS...
:(

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello there :)
The way I see it is...like three circles. WISH I COULD DRAW IT! Ha!
Body= the outer court ...(represented by the Tabernacle patten in scriptures.)
..linked/door to the next circle by the mind.( which is being renewed)
Soul being within the middle circle, is a picture of the Holy Place in the tabernacle.
..and the heart
links/door to the third circle. Which is represented by the Holy Of Holies where the Ark of The covenant dwells.
And (our spirit is united) with God's Spirit (at salvation) is the throne room of the third circle. ( kingdom of Heaven within)
.................Link.................Link.
O =body ( mind) O,=Soul, (Heart) O=Spirit and our spirit united.
None divided but body soul and Spirit linked.

We know God by and through the Spirit..our 'spirit' returns to Him.
Our soul must ( unlike Adam) be yielded to the Spirit in us..( the new man= "living in the Spirit")
But we know so often our Body/flesh has it wants, and our mind wants it's own way, so the soul so often follows the flesh, rather than the Spirit. :(
9 "Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls."
21 ".. and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls."

I believe this is the "overcoming" of (Rev 2) ..when the flesh has no more control over us..the old man being dead ...and the new man totally yielded.

But, :D this is what I believe and how I see it!
Many blessings...H

Very good, it is much as I see it. The three levels of the tabernacle also correspond to the three levels of Noah's ark.

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi BG
You have perfectly represented the trichotomy of man.

I would like to add this:
The Spirit is our "God part".
The soul is what makes us be us. When I was Learning the above, it was said that even animals have souls. This is why each dog is different and each cat is different, as we could note if we have had pets.

But, yes, indeed the soul is affected by the spirit.
Even the body could be affected by the spirit.
Studies have shown that patients that pray have a better chance of a cure than those that don't.

I couldn't find an image like you explained, which I agree with, but I did find this:

CHURCHATTHECROSSOFCHRIST.COM_misc_image33869.png
But your chart has a different meaning than the one entered from @"ByGrace" .

Every believer when he first comes to God enters the first level of the Tabernacle, the outer court. The more wishy-washy Christians will move into that outer court and back to the world [outside the Tabernacle altogether]. Occasionally a believer will enter the second level or the Holy Place. Few attain a place in God where they are long within that second level. An even smaller portion of those who consistently enter the second level will ever enter the third level or the Holiest of Holies. That is where God dwells and no sin can ever enter there or be committed there. Noah's Ark makes it even clearer to me.

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I did not originally consider myself such, but as my beliefs developed that is what it seems that I am.
You're not alone and, I must say, this is not something I would care to debate since it doesn't affect anyone's salvation.

It would be interesting to know how you arrived at this belief.
What do you believe Jesus was referring to when He made statements such as:
"where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth".

The persons I know who believe this say that it is because they cannot accept that God, being merciful, would keep someone in hell for eternity.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
But your chart has a different meaning than the one entered from @"ByGrace" .

Every believer when he first comes to God enters the first level of the Tabernacle, the outer court. The more wishy-washy Christians will move into that outer court and back to the world [outside the Tabernacle altogether]. Occasionally a believer will enter the second level or the Holy Place. Few attain a place in God where they are long within that second level. An even smaller portion of those who consistently enter the second level will ever enter the third level or the Holiest of Holies. That is where God dwells and no sin can ever enter there or be committed there. Noah's Ark makes it even clearer to me.
I understand what you're saying but the image is to show the three parts of man, not to allude to the holiness of man.
In the chart I posted, what you're speaking of would be the Spirit part.

I think you might like a book by St. Teresa of Avila. She was a Catholic nun but the book was very good. I don't remember it very well, but it spoke about different levels of spirituality. Here is some info, if you're interested:

The Interior Castle
by St. Teresa of Avila
presents a remarkable description of the entire spiritual life, beginning with the first step out of mortal sin into Sanctifying Grace and ending with the mystical Marriage of the soul to Christ.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand what you're saying but the image is to show the three parts of man, not to allude to the holiness of man.
In the chart I posted, what you're speaking of would be the Spirit part.

I think you might like a book by St. Teresa of Avila. She was a Catholic nun but the book was very good. I don't remember it very well, but it spoke about different levels of spirituality. Here is some info, if you're interested:

The Interior Castle
by St. Teresa of Avila
presents a remarkable description of the entire spiritual life, beginning with the first step out of mortal sin into Sanctifying Grace and ending with the mystical Marriage of the soul to Christ.
Thank you for your consideration. I haven't read although I have heard of her. I am always on the look out for good books about God and the testimonies of real people. I'll be watching [looking] for this one.

The one that most frequently comes to mind for me is "The Hiding Place" by and about Corrie Ten Boom, a Christian in the Netherlands during WWII.

Reactions: Helen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Thank you for your consideration. I haven't read although I have heard of her. I am always on the look out for good books about God and the testimonies of real people. I'll be watching [looking] for this one.

The one that most frequently comes to mind for me is "The Hiding Place" by and about Corrie Ten Boom, a Christian in the Netherlands during WWII.
A
The book is NOT about St. Teresa. She's the author only.
It's about how a person grows in their spirituality.
There are 7 rooms in this castle. It's an analogy to our spiritual life.
The first room is when we discover God and wish to commune with Him.
In the second room we get closer to God....and so on all the way to the 10th room.

I enjoyed it more than a biography, although those are great too.

Reactions: aspen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're not alone and, I must say, this is not something I would care to debate since it doesn't affect anyone's salvation.

It would be interesting to know how you arrived at this belief.
What do you believe Jesus was referring to when He made statements such as:
"where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth".

The persons I know who believe this say that it is because they cannot accept that God, being merciful, would keep someone in hell for eternity.
"The wicked shall see it, and be grieved; he shall gnash with his teeth, and melt away: the desire of the wicked shall perish." Psalm 112:10
"All thine enemies have opened their mouth against thee: they hiss and gnash the teeth: they say, We have swallowed her up: certainly this is the day that we looked for; we have found, we have seen it." Lam 2:16
"With hypocritical mockers in feasts, they gnashed upon me with their teeth." Psalm 35:16
"When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth." Acts 7:54

Where was Stephen when they gnashed on him with their teeth? Who did the gnashing?

Why must the place of darkness necessarily be someplace outside of our natural experience?

Consider what Jesus did:

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." John 3:13
This speaks of the three heavens of which Jesus left the third to come down to the 1st where most potential or real believers were or could be. Of course, many people walking around weren't in heaven at all but were already dead spiritually. They had never met and received the Life which Jesus was/is. Jesus confirms this here:

"But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead." Matt 8:22

The three heavens would correspond to the three levels of the Tabernacle built in the wilderness or the three levels of salvation in the ark built by Noah.