Different Topic(s) of Study - Including Scriptures

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you these are some different topic(s) worth studying if you desire to do so.

Thank you for viewing, and this will be updated periodically through time.

Topic - Christ's Divinity

Matthew 3:11 “I baptize you with[a] water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with[b] the Holy Spirit and fire.

John 3:31 The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is from the earth belongs to the earth, and speaks as one from the earth. The one who comes from heaven is above all.

John 13:13 “You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am.

Acts 2:36 “Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.”

Romans 14:9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

Colossians 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.

Hebrews 1:4 So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.

Hebrews 3:3 Jesus has been found worthy of greater honor than Moses, just as the builder of a house has greater honor than the house itself.

Revelation 1:11 saying, [a]“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,”and, “What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches [b]which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Topic - Immortal Soul

Ecclesiastes 12:7 And the dust returneth to the earth as it was, And the spirit returneth to God who gave it.

Matthew 10:28 `And be not afraid of those killing the body, and are not able to kill the soul, but fear rather Him who is able both soul and body to destroy in gehenna.

Luke 12:20 `And God said to him, Unthinking one! this night thy soul they shall require from thee, and what things thou didst prepare -- to whom shall they be?

1 Corinthians 15:54 and when this corruptible may have put on incorruption, and this mortal may have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the word that hath been written, `The Death was swallowed up -- to victory;

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given to them, and the souls of those who have been beheaded because of the testimony of Jesus, and because of the word of God, and who did not bow before the beast, nor his image, and did not receive the mark upon their forehead and upon their hand, and they did live and reign with Christ the thousand years;

Reactions: Johann

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And this one too

God alone is immortal

"
1 Timothy 6:15-16 NIV
which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen."

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Topic - Jesus Christ - His Mission

Matthew 5:17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.

Matthew 20:28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.”

Luke 4:43 but He said to them, “I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, because for this purpose I have been sent.”

Luke 12:49 “I came to send fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!

Luke 19:10 for the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.”

John 3:17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

John 9:39 And Jesus said, “For judgment I have come into this world, that those who do not see may see, and that those who see may be made blind.”

John 10:10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

John 12:47 And if anyone hears My words and does not [a]believe, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.

John 18:

37 Pilate therefore said to Him, “Are You a king then?”

Jesus answered, “You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.”

1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.

Reactions: Johann

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Topic - Trust - by Committing into Gods hand

Psalm 31:5 Into Your hand I entrust my spirit;
You have redeemed me, Lord, God of [a]truth.

Luke 23:46 And Jesus, crying out with a loud voice, said, “Father, into Your hands I entrust My spirit.” And having said this, He [a]died.

Acts 7:59 They went on stoning Stephen as he called on the Lord and said, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!”

2 Timothy 1:12 For this reason I also suffer these things; but I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that He is able to protect what I have entrusted to Him [a]until that day.

1 Peter 2:23 [a]and while being abusively insulted, He did not insult in return; while suffering, He did not threaten, but kept entrusting Himself to Him who judges righteously;

1 Peter 4:19 Therefore, those also who suffer according to the will of God are to entrust their souls to a faithful Creator in doing what is right.

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 5:17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.

Jesus also said that as long as heaven and earth remain, not one jot or tittle will pass from the Law until all of it is fulfilled.
Heaven and earth are still here. Not one jot or tittle has passed from the Law.

"Fulfill" means to "fill to overflowing." It does NOT mean "accomplish for the purpose of neutralizing." He says, specifically, that He did not come to destroy the Law. So, why is Christian doctrine based around His destruction of it?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Jesus also said that as long as heaven and earth remain, not one jot or tittle will pass from the Law until all of it is fulfilled.
Heaven and earth are still here. Not one jot or tittle has passed from the Law.

"Fulfill" means to "fill to overflowing." It does NOT mean "accomplish for the purpose of neutralizing." He says, specifically, that He did not come to destroy the Law. So, why is Christian doctrine based around His destruction of it?

17 Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I have not come - to abolish them, but to fulfill them. 18 For I tell you truly, until - - heaven and - earth pass away, not - a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until - everything is accomplished. 19 - So then, whoever breaks one of the - least of these commandments and teaches - others to do likewise will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever - practices and teaches them - will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless - your - righteousness exceeds - that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter - - - the kingdom of heaven.
Anger and Reconciliation
21 You have heard that it was said to the ancients, ‘Do not murder’3 and ‘Anyone who - murders will be subject to judgment.’ 22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with - his brother4 will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who - says to his brother, ‘Raca,’5 will be subject to the Sanhedrin.6 But anyone who - says, ‘You fool!’ will be subject to the - fire of hell.

To whom was our Lord speaking to?

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
17 Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I have not come - to abolish them, but to fulfill them. 18 For I tell you truly, until - - heaven and - earth pass away, not - a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until - everything is accomplished. 19 - So then, whoever breaks one of the - least of these commandments and teaches - others to do likewise will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever - practices and teaches them - will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless - your - righteousness exceeds - that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter - - - the kingdom of heaven.
Anger and Reconciliation
21 You have heard that it was said to the ancients, ‘Do not murder’3 and ‘Anyone who - murders will be subject to judgment.’ 22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with - his brother4 will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who - says to his brother, ‘Raca,’5 will be subject to the Sanhedrin.6 But anyone who - says, ‘You fool!’ will be subject to the - fire of hell.

To whom was our Lord speaking to?
Jesus is talking to His followers.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Topic - Speech - Words of Men (Evil)

Vain
Job 16:3
Shall windy words have an end?
Or what provokes you that you answer?

Irritating
Proverbs 15:1
A soft answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.

Hasty
Proverbs 29:20
Do you see a man who is hasty in his words?
There is more hope for a fool than for him.

Irreverent
Malachi 3:13
“Your words have been stout against me, says the LORD. Yet you say, ‘How have we spoken against thee?’

Enticing
Colossians 2:4 I say this in order that no one may delude you with beguiling speech.

Flattering
1 Thessalonians 2:5 For we never used either words of flattery, as you know, or a cloak for greed, as God is witness;

Insincere
2 Peter 2:3 And in their greed they will exploit you with false words; from of old their condemnation has not been idle, and their destruction has not been asleep.

Proud
2 Peter 2:18 For, uttering loud boasts of folly, they entice with licentious passions of the flesh men who have barely escaped from those who live in error.

Malice
3 John 1:10 So if I come, I will bring up what he is doing, prating against me with evil words. And not content with that, he refuses himself to welcome the brethren, and also stops those who want to welcome them and puts them out of the church.

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Enticing
Colossians 2:4 I say this in order that no one may delude you with beguiling speech.

N-DFS (BSB Morphology)
Noun - Dative Feminine Singular
Lemma: πιθανολογία
Word: smooth rhetoric.
Greek: πιθανολογίᾳ.
Transliteration: pithanologia.
G4086 (Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments)
G4086 πιθανολογία pithanologia (piy-tha-no-lo-ǰiy'-a) n.
persuasive language...

I like these topics Matthew.
I'm rough, uncouth and boorish in speech and not refined and polished in oratory as my fellow peers.
Is there a site with these topics?
Thank you
(that should explain to others in what ministry I was)
J.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
N-DFS (BSB Morphology)
Noun - Dative Feminine Singular
Lemma: πιθανολογία
Word: smooth rhetoric.
Greek: πιθανολογίᾳ.
Transliteration: pithanologia.
G4086 (Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments)
G4086 πιθανολογία pithanologia (piy-tha-no-lo-ǰiy'-a) n.
persuasive language...

I'm rough, uncouth and boorish in speech and not refined and polished in oratory as my fellow peers.
Thank you
J.

I will continue to post random topics here. There is a website with topics found here: Browse by letter: 'A' - Thompson Chain Reference -

I would highly recommended, a psychical book : which the website uses called "The Thompson Chain Reference Bible" - I do not know if you have a store down there in the South Africa.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
N-DFS (BSB Morphology)

Thank you
J.

My encouragement would be to continue to seek out God, and seek out in faith, and trust in the resurrected Lord Jesus Christ, may he set you free!

Jesus said:
Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He hath anointed Me to preach the Gospel to the poor. He hath sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I would highly recommended, a psychical book : which the website uses called "The Thompson Chain Reference Bible" - I do not know if you have a store down there in the South Africa.

Our stores have been plundered and precious study tools and resources you won't find here Matthew.
Thank you for directing me to this site, I have earmarked it and peruse it later.
God bless
J.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not free? Matthew?
J.

Johann, I do not know: but I desire to encourage for all people to seek freedom found in Christ, and to rely on God, and the Holy Spirit. Hope you understand what I am saying my brother in Christ. I desire for you to have freedom to think, decide, and grow in your own way lead by the Holy Spirit, and to be yourself and live your life as you see fit and understand that all of us are doing the same thing. Understanding we are all accountable to God alone, at the end of our life.

Love you!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Johann, I do not know: but I desire to encourage for all people to seek freedom found in Christ, and to rely on God, and the Holy Spirit. Hope you understand what I am saying my brother in Christ. I desire for you to have freedom to think, decide, and grow in your own way lead by the Holy Spirit, and to be yourself and live your life as you see fit and understand that all of us are doing the same thing. Understanding we are all accountable to God alone, at the end of our life.

Love you!

I understand Matthew.
Again, thank you my brother in Christ.
J.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Topic - Heavenly Origin, Christ's

John 3:31 He who comes from above is above all; he who is of the earth belongs to the earth, and of the earth he speaks; he who comes from heaven is above all.

John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me;

John 8:23 He said to them, “You are from below, I am from above; you are of this world, I am not of this world.

John 8:42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I proceeded and came forth from God; I came not of my own accord, but he sent me.

John 16:30 Now we know that you know all things, and need none to question you; by this we believe that you came from God.”

1 Corinthians 15:47 The first man was from the earth, a man of dust; the second man is from heaven.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Topic - Heart The Center of Life

Hence should be Carefully Guarded

Proverbs 4:23 Above all else, guard your heart,
for everything you do flows from it.

Determines Character

Proverbs 23:7 For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.
“Eat and drink!” he says to you,
But his heart is not with you.

Matthew 6:18 so that you do not appear to men to be fasting, but to your Father who is in the secret place;and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.

The Source of Evilhttps://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+6&version=NKJV

Matthew 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man.

Controls Speech

Luke 6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

Source of Faith

Romans 10:10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Topic - Christ Sinlessness

Isaiah 53:9 And His grave was assigned with wicked men,
Yet He was with a rich man in His death,
Because He had done no violence,
Nor was there any deceit in His mouth.

Luke 23:41 And we indeed are suffering justly, for we are receiving [a]what we deserve for our crimes; but this man has done nothing wrong.”

John 8:46 Which one of you convicts Me of sin? If I speak truth, why do you not believe Me?

2 Corinthians 5:21 He made Him who knew no sin to be [a]sin in our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Hebrews 1:9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of joy above Your companions.”

Hebrews 4:15 For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things just as we are, yet without sin.

Hebrews 7:26 For it was fitting for us to have such a high priest, holy, innocent, undefiled, separated from sinners, and exalted above the heavens;

Hebrews 9:14 how much more will the blood of Christ, who through [a]the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

1 Peter 1:19 but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ.

1 Peter 2:22 He who committed no sin, nor was any deceit found in His mouth;

1 John 3:5 You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin.