Different Translations Of The Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Oreheart

Sep 13, 2010
As the title suggests, the purpose of this thread is to discuss on what different translations of the Bible do all of you own, apart from the common, and to discuss different translations of the Bible in general.
If you own or mention some more unknown translation, a description or a link to a description would be desirable.

Allthough I am interested on the subject, I only own one more uncommon translation of the Bible, The Beloved and I. In short, "It is the Old and New Testament, and other holy scriptures accepted by most Christian churches translated into English Verse". A better description: http://www.lulu.com/ThomasMcElwain.

Rahmani

Sep 29, 2010
I always read the bible on my computer , I'm using E-sword which is an excellent bible reading and study program , you can download a number of different ,bibles and translations ,including encyclopedias and a variety of books ,,, www.E-Sword.com

God Bless GT

As the title suggests, the purpose of this thread is to discuss on what different translations of the Bible do all of you own, apart from the common, and to discuss different translations of the Bible in general.
If you own or mention some more unknown translation, a description or a link to a description would be desirable.

Allthough I am interested on the subject, I only own one more uncommon translation of the Bible, The Beloved and I. In short, "It is the Old and New Testament, and other holy scriptures accepted by most Christian churches translated into English Verse". A better description: http://www.lulu.com/ThomasMcElwain.

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
I was involved in this some 15+ years ago.

The Textus Receptus manuscript was used for KJV, NKJV, etc. and have MORE words, verses, etc.,
and we have some 5000 bits and pieces of this, which are in agreement.

Then we have ...

The older manuscripts (Codex Sinaticus, Codex Vaticanus) used for most of the newer translations.
These are the result of the work of Hort-Westcott, who some people say weren't really Christians.
These manuscripts appear to be missing many references to Diety, and other things,
just for example: in places, they leave out the part in brackets: "(the Lord and Savior) Jesus Christ".
It is said these older manuscripts survived longer because they were not used (just put on a shelf).

Anyway, back then, the Lord told me to run away from this whole discussion
... and He said it wasn't important.
(But, it is most important to Muslims, who use "problems" like this to discredit our Bible.)

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Biblical scholarship has come a long way in the past 60 years, and it is great for private study, but it sure can be frustrating during a group Bible study. As much a I enjoy reading and listening to people read the scriptures aloud, I find it incredibly distracting to listen to one translation, while reading another. Then, the discussion usually turns to differences in translation, because it seems like everyone present at the study has a different one, rather than the actual message and response. As nit-picky as this might sound, it can be a real point of confusion for people who have never read the Bible or are simply new to the faith.

Peace

religusnut

Oct 19, 2010
I think Biblical scholarship has come a long way in the past 60 years, and it is great for private study, but it sure can be frustrating during a group Bible study. As much a I enjoy reading and listening to people read the scriptures aloud, I find it incredibly distracting to listen to one translation, while reading another. Then, the discussion usually turns to differences in translation, because it seems like everyone present at the study has a different one, rather than the actual message and response. As nit-picky as this might sound, it can be a real point of confusion for people who have never read the Bible or are simply new to the faith.

Peace

That is definately the truth if it has ever been spoken. Modern translations of the bible are fun to read. They are a good study tool. However trytig to be in a study with a number of people and every one of them have different translations is one of the most confusing things that there is especially when there are young immature Christians in the class and they all get hung up on the translations rather than what is being taught. It happens in many situations more times than it does not.