Different views on God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
I remember reading how people who focus more on the OT see God as more of a vengeful or angry God, and those who focus more on the NT see God as more forgiving and loving.

I'm not saying that this is true, but I've heard about it.

Although I've been pretty active in my Sunday School when I was younger, I don't actually remember if we focused more on the OT or the NT, but I do view God as more of a forgiving and loving God, while others see Him as more strict.

What are your thoughts on this?

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
I've known God to be very merciful. He invites us to live life abundantly. We are His children and He is our Father. That's loving. The God who created all things is my Father. My oh my...

He also a God of justice. It is people attitudes that brings His wrath. Oh they know better than the God who created them. Those kind are in for a rude awakening even if they lift their eyes in hell.

He invited us. Died for the whole world. 'He who created us without our help will not save us without our consent'

& your attitude towards His Word will determine your eternal destination. Blessings

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
snr5557 said:
I remember reading how people who focus more on the OT see God as more of a vengeful or angry God, and those who focus more on the NT see God as more forgiving and loving.

I'm not saying that this is true, but I've heard about it.

Although I've been pretty active in my Sunday School when I was younger, I don't actually remember if we focused more on the OT or the NT, but I do view God as more of a forgiving and loving God, while others see Him as more strict.

What are your thoughts on this?
I think that God the Father [through the Spirit of God] presided over the affairs of mankind in O/T and Jesus - God the Son was given all authority through his death and resurrection to take the lead over the affairs of mankind the N/T [through the Holy Spirit] until all things have been restored back to the Father through him.