Dinosaur conspiracy!?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
so then, no credible scientist believes that there is a case for evolution? Is this what you are trying to say? No one credible disagrees with you? Are you a scientist, bac?

No I am saying that there is no scientific evidence of evolution.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
yes, we call that a tail, right?

and human fur? got some irrefutable truth there?

Just as a fold in the neck skin of a baby is Not a gill slit, so the developing bodyof a baby that for a time is shorter than the spinal colum means that babies do not have tails.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No I am saying that there is no scientific evidence of evolution.
it is strictly a perspective, i agree; and that is all it will ever be. After all, we have not even broached what the definition of "evolution" is for our purposes here, right; there are several, after all. But tbh you would be much better served to debate why are we evolving so quickly? if you have any desire to get closer to the truth. Unless you are prepared to explain how Superbugs just...what, magically appeared, or how would you even phrase it?

God will not zap you for considering other perspectives, ok; that is the RCC that does that, not God

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and long been accepted by others, call the tail wings if you like. Obviously an MD is no more qualified to explain why we have gills and a tail in the correct stages of embryo development than anyone else--"dead doctors don't lie"--and pictures of tails in the womb serve me just fine, thanks.

I would not expect a vestigial tail that is supposed to be absorbed into the fetus to behave like a dog's tail, or have its properties, myself
Mouse-_embryo_E11.5.jpg
now reason that away however you like

:rolleyes:....................So your belief in evolution is entirely based on superficial appearances? Really???? There is a reason why next to no evolutionist if any today believes these are gills and wings and tails. Its been debunked decades ago as nothing of the kind by simple observation, you know, by real science. You calling them gills doesn't automatically make them gills by any stretch of the imagination. They are not "vestigial organs" or leftovers from some ancestral fish, it all serves a purpose that has nothing to do with evolution. They develop to form tonsils, your ears, endocrine glands, etc. Its apparent that facts don't really matter to you, so I won't waste my time citing the reports. You can look it up yourself. And people wonder why many Christians don't take evolution seriously.

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
:rolleyes:....................So your belief in evolution is entirely based on superficial appearances?
ah, i guess it might appear that i have some belief in evolution? Yet if others were arguing Atheist evolution here, i would be pushing Creationism, see. "The dust of the earth" is all that is needed to make, eventually, any living thing imo. And we already have a word for "dirt" in the Book

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
There is a reason why next to no evolutionist if any today believes these are gills and wings and tails. Its been debunked decades ago as nothing of the kind by simple observation, you know, by real science. You calling them gills doesn't automatically make them gills by any stretch of the imagination. They are not "vestigial organs" or leftovers from some ancestral fish, it all serves a purpose that has nothing to do with evolution. They develop to form tonsils, your ears, endocrine glands, etc. Its apparent that facts don't really matter to you, so I won't waste my time citing the reports. You can look it up yourself. And people wonder why many Christians don't take evolution seriously.
well, i got just as many ppl on the other side, calling you nuts, and they are scientists sitting right here beside me bro. The "nuts" comments seem to be directed more at the "debunked" and "real science" comments, fwiw. I can quote them if you like, they are published. Frankly, i don't care either way, and fwiw i have devoted about maybe 2 hours total to this my whole life, most of it arguing, i won't lie. I do not know.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, i got just as many ppl on the other side, calling you nuts, and they are scientists sitting right here beside me bro. The "nuts" comments seem to be directed more at the "debunked" and "real science" comments, fwiw. I can quote them if you like, they are published. Frankly, i don't care either way, and fwiw i have devoted about maybe 2 hours total to this my whole life, most of it arguing, i won't lie. I do not know.

:rolleyes:...............Yeah I get it, you don't care about facts either way, so you might as well not waste my time.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
:rolleyes:...............Yeah I get it, you don't care about facts either way, so you might as well not waste my time.
the point might be that you are asserting theories as if they were facts, when you do not know, and i do not either. Evolution is called a theory bc that's what it is, regardless of how personally attached one gets to it. I show you a pitcher of an embryo with a tail, and you disclaim it as "an extension of the spine" lol, and want to say that "you don't care about the facts," lol, see. "facts" are lawyers ways of winning court cases, not finding truth. I will never say this to you, iow, not even now would i say this. not ever. Bc i do not know

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I show you a pitcher of an embryo with a tail, and you disclaim it as "an extension of the spine" lol,

:rolleyes:...........Maybe because it is an extension of the spine, as witnessed throughout the embryo's development. But no matter, whenever the facts that anyone with two eyes can see are dismissed as a "theory", there is nothing more that I have to say to you. God forbid an evolutionist were to use superficial appearances as proof of their little religion in a debate with a creation scientist. They would make an absolute fool of themselves.
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. Such fact-supported theories are not "guesses" but reliable accounts of the real world.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. Such fact-supported theories are not "guesses" but reliable accounts of the real world.

Of which evolution is the exact antithesis.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh I agree in the womb we start off with tails for sure..and look like fish.

ha, as if, right, i mean "had a son yesterday, he was born with a tail" lol. i guess it is so upsetting to ppl that hospitals keep it from the parents even?

But, if you were a mother , you would know how when a baby is born we look at every single finger, toe, ear, mole or mark....searching for any blemish we might find... I think if my doctor had clipped of my kids 'tails' I would have found a red place on it's bum where it had been and the clipping off had happened!!

Yep, 'we are fearfully and wonderfully made', as the book says. :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I think if my doctor had clipped of my kids 'tails' I would have found a red place on it's bum where it had been and the clipping off had happened!
these get explained away in a variety of ways, and a mother who has just given birth does not get her baby right away, right? unless she is my wife anyway lol

"Unfortunately, evolution has such a hold on our thinking that doctors hate to tell a mother if she has a baby with a “tail.” They can ..."
Embryonic Development

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you need to believe, apparently; yet the theory has not fallen out of favor

I never said the general theory has fallen out of favor, only that certain tenets that you and others have proposed have long been abandoned by the vast majority based on what has been observed. The embryonic tails, gills and wings tripe is one such belief that refuses to die in the minds of a tiny minority because of ignorance of the facts.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said the general theory has fallen out of favor, only that certain tenets that you and others have proposed have long been abandoned by the vast majority based on what has been observed. The embryonic tails, gills and wings tripe refuses to die in the minds of a tiny minority because of ignorance.

The smithsonian institute is not a fringe group