Dinosaur with feathers and scales?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Uppsala,

The facts remain there for all to see, no matter what excuses you try and offer. As I demonstrated, even after I said I didn't want to take the time to walk you through the scientific case for evolutionary theory in terms that you can understand (without any effort on your part), you kept at it until I relented and started posting exactly what you asked for. You never said anything about me including "the problems with the theory" nor did you say that I had to present it "free from any worldview".

After I spent the time writing something up, you dismissed it as mere "evolutionary dogma" while at the same time saying "I don't have time to sift through it all at the moment". When I reflected this back to you as "You hadn't really read it yet, but you'd already reached your conclusion." You responded..."Sure I did."

And after I expressed my dismay at this behavior, you responded, "Well boo hoo hoo... I certainly didn't ask you to waste any time, just as I didn't ask you to spit out about fifty lines of evo-babble!"

Since then you've been scrambling around trying to find some excuse for your intellectual laziness. First you tried to offer that I didn't explain any "problems with the theory", even though you never once said that you wanted me to do so. Then you tried to say that you really wanted me to present a case that is "free from any worldview", again even though you never said that's what I was supposed to do. And on that, since you expressed that you believe evolution to be a worldview, this excuse makes even less sense. Basically you're saying that I was supposed to present a scientific case for evolutionary theory that is free from evolution. :blink:

Like I said, you're in a hole of your own making here and you just keep digging yourself deeper. But at the very least you've been entertaining and have demonstrated very well why discussing science with you is a waste of time.

UppsalaDragby

Feb 6, 2012
River Jordan said:
Uppsala,

The facts remain there for all to see, no matter what excuses you try and offer. As I demonstrated, even after I said I didn't want to take the time to walk you through the scientific case for evolutionary theory in terms that you can understand (without any effort on your part), you kept at it until I relented and started posting exactly what you asked for. You never said anything about me including "the problems with the theory" nor did you say that I had to present it "free from any worldview".

After I spent the time writing something up, you dismissed it as mere "evolutionary dogma" while at the same time saying "I don't have time to sift through it all at the moment". When I reflected this back to you as "You hadn't really read it yet, but you'd already reached your conclusion." You responded..."Sure I did."

And after I expressed my dismay at this behavior, you responded, "Well boo hoo hoo... I certainly didn't ask you to waste any time, just as I didn't ask you to spit out about fifty lines of evo-babble!"

Since then you've been scrambling around trying to find some excuse for your intellectual laziness. First you tried to offer that I didn't explain any "problems with the theory", even though you never once said that you wanted me to do so. Then you tried to say that you really wanted me to present a case that is "free from any worldview", again even though you never said that's what I was supposed to do. And on that, since you expressed that you believe evolution to be a worldview, this excuse makes even less sense. Basically you're saying that I was supposed to present a scientific case for evolutionary theory that is free from evolution. :blink:

Like I said, you're in a hole of your own making here and you just keep digging yourself deeper. But at the very least you've been entertaining and have demonstrated very well why discussing science with you is a waste of time.
Well that fact remains that I asked you a very specific question. I quoted it. I have done so more than once. And yet you choose to pretend that this has to do with something I asked in an earlier post and pretend that I "kept at it" and that you gave me "what I asked for". What I asked for is what I presented in my last post, but in case you missed it, here it is again, with relevant quotes to prove it:
You said:

"If that conclusion were entirely, or even mostly, based on a person's worldview, then we would expect scientists to break out along those lines. But they don't....at all, and that strongly suggests that the scientific conclusions about life on earth are based on something other than worldview.
And when we look through the scientific literature we see what that something is....the data.

My response:

"What data? No one is denying any data here. When, however, you interpret data through a certain worldview then what point is there in appealing to "data"? That doesn't make sense."

And I clarified this by saying:

"In other words, what data can you provide that supports your argument and is not dependent on a worldview (you know, "the overall perspective from which one sees and interprets the world")?"

And so when I write:

"I challenged you to present a scientific case for the fact that the data you provide is free from any worldview. "

You say:

"Now you are making things up."

And I followed that up by asking the following question:

Care to explain what you mean by that???

So. My question goes unanswered. The "hole", therefore, is yours and yours alone.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
You know why I keep doing this? Because I'm wondering just how long you're going to keep this up. You just keep making yourself look worse and worse.

What I asked for is what I presented in my last post
Exactly. The chronology here is important. It wasn't until after you'd asked me to "break it down" for you, and after I'd specifically said I was explaining the scientific case for evolutionary theory, and after I took the time to start doing that, and after you dismissed it all before really reading it, that you made the excuse of "you didn't explain any problems with the theory" and claim that I was supposed to present a scientific case free from any worldview.

So what this basically boils down to is that you are guilty of moving the goalposts on me. And even if we granted your latest desperate excuse, it still doesn't make sense. As I explained, since you expressed that you believe evolution to be a worldview, you're trying to say that I was supposed to present a scientific case for evolutionary theory that is free from evolution. :blink:

Keep going if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.