Dinosaur with feathers and scales?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Siberian Discovery Suggests Almost All Dinosaurs Were Feathered

Over the past two decades, discoveries in China have produced at least five species of feathered dinosaurs. But they all belonged to the theropod group of "raptor" dinosaurs, ancestors of modern birds. (Related: "Dinosaur-Era Fossil Shows Birds' Feathers Evolved Before Flight.")

Now in a discovery reported by an international team in the journal Science, the new dinosaur species, Kulindadromeus zabaikalicus (KOO-lin-dah-DRO-mee-us ZAH-bike-kal-ik-kuss), suggests that feathers were all in the family. That's because the newly unearthed 4.5-foot-long (1.5 meter) two-legged runner was an "ornithischian" beaked dinosaur, belonging to a group ancestrally distinct from past theropod discoveries.

"Probably that means the common ancestor of all dinosaurs had feathers," says study lead author Pascal Godefroit of the Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Science in Brussels. "Feathers are not a characteristic [just] of birds but of all dinosaurs."

The fossils, which included six skulls and many more bones, greatly broaden the number of families of dinosaurs sporting feathers—downy, ribboned, and thin ones in this case—indicating that plumes evolved from the scales that covered earlier reptiles, probably as insulation. In addition to its feathers, Kulindadromeus also had scales, notably arched ones that appeared in rows on its long tail.

So are these dinosaurs now in the "bird kind"? :huh:

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
New to man but old to God. Just more of His fabulous creation. Who knows, maybe they found the bird of paradise :eek:

UppsalaDragby

Feb 6, 2012
River Jordan said:
what exactly would exclude dinosaurs from the "bird kind"?
Nothing.

The "bird kind" had wings and could fly. If dinosaurs had wings and could fly then they defintelty were of the "bird kind". That's probably why bats are listed as birds in the Bible.

So what's your point?

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
UppsalaDragby said:
So if nothing excludes them, aren't dinosaurs in the "bird kind"?

The "bird kind" had wings and could fly. If dinosaurs had wings and could fly then they defintelty were of the "bird kind". That's probably why bats are listed as birds in the Bible.
Ostriches, emus, penguins and other birds can't fly either. Does that mean they are not within the "bird kind"?

So what's your point?
Whatever you think it is. :p

UppsalaDragby

Feb 6, 2012
River Jordan said:
So if nothing excludes them, aren't dinosaurs in the "bird kind"?
Well, nothing excludes prehistoric pink elephants from being of the bird kind either, but that doesn't mean they are therefore of the bird kind. You need to rethink your arguments.

Ostriches, emus, penguins and other birds can't fly either. Does that mean they are not within the "bird kind"?
It all depends. Could ostriches, emus, and penguins fly during the time of creation? It's certainly possible....

But it also depends on how you categorize. God didn't dictate to Adam what names he was supposed to give to the animals, and neither did he dicate to Moses how animals should be categorized. If you want to call a T-Rex with "feathers" a bird then it's up to you... isn't it?

Reactions: KingJ

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
UppsalaDragby said:
Well, nothing excludes prehistoric pink elephants from being of the bird kind either, but that doesn't mean they are therefore of the bird kind.
What are the criteria for the "bird kind"? Earlier you said, "The "bird kind" had wings and could fly". Did prehistoric pink elephants have wings and fly?

You need to rethink your arguments.
What argument is that?

It all depends. Could ostriches, emus, and penguins fly during the time of creation? It's certainly possible....
Do you have any evidence that they did?

But it also depends on how you categorize. God didn't dictate to Adam what names he was supposed to give to the animals, and neither did he dicate to Moses how animals should be categorized. If you want to call a T-Rex with "feathers" a bird then it's up to you... isn't it?
I call a T-Rex with feathers a T-Rex. I'm just wondering what a creationist who advocates the "kind" way of classifying organisms makes of all these dinos with feathers (and now with both scales and feathers).

ChristianJuggarnaut

Feb 20, 2012
So all those pictures and videos from scientists for hundreds of years were wrong.

Fascinating.

If I would have posted on here 6 months ago that "almost" all dinosaurs had feathers, you (River) would have flipped out.

Basically. Science is clueless about historical truths that cannot be currently observed.

"Yet I use computers and smartphones."

I put that last part in there so you wouldn't have to.

UppsalaDragby

Feb 6, 2012
River Jordan said:
What are the criteria for the "bird kind"? Earlier you said, "The "bird kind" had wings and could fly". Did prehistoric pink elephants have wings and fly?
I don't know... did all the dinosaurs that supposedly had "feathers" have wings and fly? In that case they were of the bird kind.

What argument is that?
Well you seem to be suggesting that since "nothing excludes them" they are therefore of the bird kind. That's a silly conclusion. Nothing excludes me from being a shoe salesman, but that doesn't necessarily mean that I am one, does it?

Do you have any evidence that they did?
No I don't. Why do you ask?

I call a T-Rex with feathers a T-Rex.
That's funny... so do I. :p

I'm just wondering what a creationist who advocates the "kind" way of classifying organisms makes of all these dinos with feathers (and now with both scales and feathers).
The one's that could fly were birds. The others weren't. So again, what's your point?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Finally someone said it! We've now learned that chickens aren't birds ..........

Tex

Jun 29, 2014
Evoution is not contradictory to the bible! Science is not the enemy of God! God created science! God created lifeforms via evolution! Genesis 1-3 are not historical accounts!

Reactions: cjamison

UppsalaDragby

Feb 6, 2012
Yes he did! Which is why I followed suit and just stringed together a sequence of unsupported claims!

Easy isn't it? :lol:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
UppsalaDragby said:
Really, who said that???
Well according to you, animals with wings and feather that don't fly are not of the 'bird kind' - that would include chickens

UppsalaDragby

Feb 6, 2012
aspen said:
Well according to you, animals with wings and feather that don't fly are not of the 'bird kind'
No, that's not what I said. Just as River Jordan needs to rethink her arguments, and Tex needs to support his assertions, you need to read things more carefully.

Here are my comments concerning the bird kind:

"The "bird kind" had wings and could fly." (post #5)

And concerning "birds" that cannot fly today I said:

"Could ostriches, emus, and penguins fly during the time of creation? It's certainly possible...." (post #7)

Now you can maintain that the modern systems of classification are more logical and scientific that the one given in the Bible, but I assure you cannot defend such a view. I even dare you to. :) Are you up for the challenge aspen?

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
ChristianJuggarnaut said:
So all those pictures and videos from scientists for hundreds of years were wrong.

Fascinating.
They had pictures and videos from tens of millions of years ago? You do realize things like Land of the Lost are movies, right? :D

If I would have posted on here 6 months ago that "almost" all dinosaurs had feathers, you (River) would have flipped out.
Whatever you need to tell yourself.

Basically. Science is clueless about historical truths that cannot be currently observed.

"Yet I use computers and smartphones."

I put that last part in there so you wouldn't have to.
Yeah, science sucks. You my friend, are so much smarter and knowledgeable than those scientists! <_<

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Hey...if a scientist sayzzzzzzzz Jesus Is Lord....then I might listen to him.....other than that I will start eating my baloney sangwich.

Reactions: Thunderkat
Status
Not open for further replies.