Dinosaurs and Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sara

Nov 11, 2007
Hey!I don't know if you will know the answer to this but I have often wondered, were dinosaurs around before Christ, whilst Christ was on earth or after Christ? As far as I know, the bible doesn't mention them (or maybe I have just mis-read.)ThanksSara

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
(Sara;26022)
Hey!I don't know if you will know the answer to this but I have often wondered, were dinosaurs around before Christ, whilst Christ was on earth or after Christ? As far as I know, the bible doesn't mention them (or maybe I have just mis-read.)ThanksSara
Dinosaurs were in the first earth age. During that time animals were flesh but men were not. That is a study unto itself and I would be glad to tell you of it if you are interested.In the following scriptures God is describing a dinosaur to Job which raises the question. As God wrote...which I made with thee does He mean He is writing of the first age here or just saying that men (Job) and behemoths (dinosaurs) were created together? Or, does it mean the dinosaur was in this second age? Job 40:15 Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox16.Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly.17.He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together.18.His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron.23.Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trustheth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth.,..........Whirlwind

Sara

Nov 11, 2007
(whirlwind;26024)
Dinosaurs were in the first earth age. During that time animals were flesh but men were not. That is a study unto itself and I would be glad to tell you of it if you are interested.In the following scriptures God is describing a dinosaur to Job which raises the question. As God wrote...which I made with thee does He mean He is writing of the first age here or just saying that men (Job) and behemoths (dinosaurs) were created together? Or, does it mean the dinosaur was in this second age? Job 40:15 Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox16.Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly.17.He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together.18.His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron.23.Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trustheth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth.,..........Whirlwind
I am very interested to know more about this.I have just started learning about God and our Lord Jesus. I have noticed you have mentioned the "first earth age" and am very curious to know more about this too.ThanksSara

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
(Sara;26026)
I am very interested to know more about this.I have just started learning about God and our Lord Jesus. I have noticed you have mentioned the "first earth age" and am very curious to know more about this too.ThanksSara
Hello Sara, Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.God didn't tell us when that beginning was but science lets us know that it could be millions or billions of years old. Notice here that "heaven" is singular. When it is shown in 2:1....it has become plural, "heavens."2.And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.The Hebrew word for "was" can also be translated as "became" and most modern Bibles now footnote Gen. 1:2 as "became." So.....it could read, And the earth became without form. In the beginning, whenever that was, God created all things but something happened to that creation and the earth became without form and void and it was covered with darkness.....until this present age when the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.3.And God said, "Let there be light." And there was light.4.And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.5.And God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. and the evening and the morning were the first day.In the text, "first day" is shown as "day one." Why did Father destroy that first age? That was the age in which Satan was loved by God but he rebelled and in doing so took 1/3 of God's children with him. Instead of killing His children He destroyed that first age and in this present 2nd age we must all be born of woman to live our time here to decide who we will follow. This age is a spiritual war but the next age will be about spiritual judgment. The same souls from the first age are again born in this age just as the same souls will be in the 3rd age. Ezekiel 28:12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord God; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.13.Thou has been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering....17.(snip) I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.Satan was here on earth in the garden of Eden and God loved him and thought he was beautiful and wise but......he rebelled. The Ez.28:12-17 verses obviously predate Adam's time in the garden and would be the time period between Geneiss 1:1 and 1:2. This also has to predate his revolt against God. Then we read about him in:Isaiah 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"Had Satan been up to his "stuff" during the creation God would not have said that it was "very good." God didn't say that until Genesis 1:3. Perhaps that is why John refers to him as "Prince of this World." [John 12:31] Also notice that there were "nations" in that first age.He rebelled in that age and took 1/3 of God's children with him.Revelation 12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.Peter also refers to the first age:2 Peter 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water.6.Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water perished:7.But the heavens and the earth which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.Peter was telling us about the first age in those scriptures as our world did not perish in the flood of Noah, nor did his flood destroy the heaven age. The first age is mentioned again in:Jeremiah 4:22 For My people is foolish, they have not known Me; they are sottish children and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.23.I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light24.I beheld the mountains, and lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.25.I beheld, and lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.26.I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the Lord, and by His fierce anger.27.For thus hath the Lord said, "the whole land shall be desolate: yet will I not make a full end."The earth BECAME without form and void. God created it to be inhabited but it became void:Isaiah 45:18 For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, He created it not in vain, He formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else.Those scriptures tell us that there was "no man and no birds." There were men and birds in the Noah's flood narration....this was not about Noah! Again, note that there were cities as well as nations in that first age.So...Father shook the earth and flooded it. That was the time of the dinosaurs. When Satan next makes his appearance, Gen.3:1, it is in the garden after the creation of Adam and Eve and long after his rebellion.We also find in the Book of Jasher (this is not scripture but is quoted twice in the Old Testament [Joshua 10;13 and 2 Samuel 1:18]) so some credence should probably be given to the following. Jasher, speaking of the creation, (Jasher was the son of Caleb....a contemporary of Moses,) says in 1:4-5And the abyss fled before the face of the light, and divided between the light and the darkness. So that the face of nature was formed a second time."Sara, there are other scriptures that tell us of the ages of earth but those should get you started. I am so happy that you are being called to learn about our Father and His son.........Whirlwind

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Hi Sara Whirlwind is exactly right here she has done a great job showing you scripture on thisthe first earth age is when the dinosausors lived and walked. We were also created in this age though not as flesh we were our true spirit bodies but these spirit bodies had substance we were not as ghosts it is this same spirit body we will change into at the second coming in a twinkling of an eye. The fist earth age was destroyed by God and this second earth age is where Gen 1:3 picks up There will be a world age after Christs returns and destroys this eath with fire and there will be a new heaven and a new earth :Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.Isa 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more What a glorious Day that will be

Sara

Nov 11, 2007
But where in the bible does it mention the first earth age?I've been reading up on what you have been saying but there are not many people who believe in it. Neither can i find it in any of the doctrines.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
It doesnt really give us details 2 Peter just tells us there was three World ages and sense dinosaur bones are older than this age they have to be from the first earth age.

Pariah

Nov 10, 2007
Hi Sara,whirlwind and kriss are zealous to share all their knowledge unto you, but some of their teachings goes outside the Bible to other sources as mentioned like the Book of Jasher. They are sisters in Christ. They defend the faith in Jesus very well by the grace of God. But I do not agree with their teachings so you are not alone. They are patient, but I have discounted the Book of Jasher for one reason: it stated that Sarah was Abraham's niece. Genesis clearly says how Sarah was related as Abraham's sister.Genesis 20: 11And Abraham said, Because I thought, Surely the fear of God is not in this place; and they will slay me for my wife's sake. 12And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.
I have just started learning about God and our Lord Jesus. I have noticed you have mentioned the "first earth age" and am very curious to know more about this too.But where in the bible does it mention the first earth age?I've been reading up on what you have been saying but there are not many people who believe in it. Neither can i find it in any of the doctrines.
May I advise you to learn more of Jesus first? As whirlwind did mention Job as the reference to dinosaurs being with man, that is about as much info one can ascertain. One is assuming that it is pre-Flood era that Job is set in, but in truth, there is nothing certain. One reason to cast doubts is the reference to the river Jordan from which the behemoth drank from. Was the river Jordan called that before the pre-flood era also? I know not.Job 40:15 Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox16.Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly.17.He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together.18.His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron.23.Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trustheth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth.All I can ask you to do is study the scriptures, the King James Bible. If you have questions regarding the faith in Jesus, kriss and whirlwind are excellent by the grace of God. I really wished they would stick to that as their main drive by the grace of God, but sometimes it seems that other "stuff" is brought out more often, or it seems that way to me. Maybe it is just because I am seemingly coming across it more often recently... but maybe it is just my imagination... I hope. Anyway.. learn of Jesus first.John 5: 39Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.Matthew 11: 28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.God be willing, you shall have plenty of time for learning about dinosaurs as there are christian sites that discuss them on the internet. Get to know Jesus well through the scriptures first. Trust Jesus as your Good Shepherd to give you wisdom in understanding the scriptures as His promise is that all those that seek shall find. Once you learn of His promises to you, you shall equipped to be able to walk with Him in faith in living the christian life as He enables you. That is how you get to know Him when you take Him at His words and trust Him to do it. Amen.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I never mentioned anything about Jasher here I mentioned this in passing in another thread and I never claimed it nor Enoch were scripture or should ever be taken as such PariahI simply said there was three world ages however you are right this is not the place for meat thanks for reminder

Pariah

Nov 10, 2007
Hi kriss,I am glad that you agree, but whirlwind has mentioned it at the bottom of post #4 for which is the reason I brought it up. Then you agreeing with whirlwind in the next post without mentioning Jasher directly sort of validated that sharing of Jasher, thus why I had addressed you both. If you missed that part of whirlwind's post, sorry for assuming you were validating what was shared. I know how I skim things fast too and then post, thinking I know what I am replying to or agreeing with for what was previously posted.Thanks for removing my post to you and whirlwind. Haven't used the PM thing in here yet in sending anyone anything except by what has been sent to me and thus in replying as in the case of Denver when he welcomed me in the forum and one other matter, I think, if I recall corrrectly. Anyway, just explaining, and thanks for the grace since I haven't sent a PM yet initially as in being the first sender. I haven't learned it yet, but I am sure it is not that hard. Just never got around to sending anyone a first PM.I only mentioned Enoch because I did not know that it would be used as a source in this other age or not since Jasher was posted as a source.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I had not noticed it Pariah as you said I just skimmed it and Whirlwind is new here and never claimed to anything but just another poster with opinions like everyone else and Sara did ask for more info.So she can not be faulted here. regardless And why would we mention Enoch it has nothing to do with earth ages Enoch existed in this earth ageSorry Sara if these posts were over your head the Behemoth mentioned in Job is most definitely a dinosaur as it has a tail compared to a cedar tree.

Wildmorph Pythons

Dec 11, 2007
I have a question for more learned people than myself. I love the story of Job one of my favorites. My question is and I may have misread and misunderstood but were dinosaurs long gone by the time of Job? If so why then would God make a relation and tell or even show Job an animal to which he couldn't relate.

Pariah

Nov 10, 2007
Hi Wildmorph Pythons,You are correct. Dinosaurs were around when Job was living as the description of the behemoth was one that was living among them.Job 40: 15Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox. 16Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly. 17He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together. 18His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron. 19He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him. 20Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play. 21He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens. 22The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about. 23Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth. 24He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares.So that is why God showed the behemoth with Job because Job knew of it and can see it.

Jonous

Nov 17, 2007
(mcdanielnc89;26560)
Okay then, How come science says humans weren't here when dinosaurs were roaming the earth?
They sure are not as old as they want us to think...read this article http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7285683/, it's very interesting. Also watch the embedded video. Very astounding news will make scientists consider revising some of their theories.Interesting how the scientist that made the discovery admits "A lot of our science doesn't allow for this!"Praise the Lord!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(mcdanielnc89;26560)
Okay then, How come science says humans weren't here when dinosaurs were roaming the earth?
I completely disagree with Jonus sorry Jonus Of course dinosaurs were long gone when Job was alive the conspiracey is to deny the real Word rather than for men to grow up and learn knowledge has increased just like God said it would. and stop listening do men you could not have known better in earlier days. They used to interpt Behemoth some kind of elephant because the average person did no dinasours existed untill about 150 years ago. Then knowledge increased same with the age of the earth. Im sure there were many dinosaurs bones around in Jobs time and Im sure he was curious about these huge bones as anyone would be most likely it had been a subject of conversation by Job and his pals trying to imagine the size and majastey of these beasts. God is trying to relate his power and majastey to Job by using a visual aid the giant majestic creatures to make a point to Job.2 Peter tells us there were three world ages and age that was and age that is now and after christ returns there will be a new heaven.new earth and a knew age there are 3 world ages.2 Peter tells us he is going to make a hidden thing known here another words he is going to tell us something we never knew 3:5 But it is hid from them willing this thing, that heavens were before, and the earth of water was standing by water, by God's word [that heavens were first, and the earth of water and by water being, or standing, together by God's word]; 3:6 by which [things] that same world cleansed, then by water perished. This is not Noahs flood that flood was never a hidden Mystery and to believe this was Noahs flood you have to disbelieve the next verse.3:7 But the heavens that now be, and the earth, be kept by the same word, and be reserved to fire into the day of doom and perdition of wicked men. [Forsooth the heavens that now be, and the earth, by the same word put again, be kept to fire into the day of doom and perdition of unpious men.] Now if you read Rev it will tell you this World is to end in fire Fire when God melts the rudiments(elements)Here is a study you might like to read [url="http://www.christianityboard.com/earth-ages-bible-study-t79.html]http://www.christianityboard.com/earth-age...-study-t79.html[/url]

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
(Pariah;26473)
Hi Sara,All I can ask you to do is study the scriptures, the King James Bible. If you have questions regarding the faith in Jesus, kriss and whirlwind are excellent by the grace of God. I really wished they would stick to that as their main drive by the grace of God, but sometimes it seems that other "stuff" is brought out more often, or it seems that way to me. Maybe it is just because I am seemingly coming across it more often recently... but maybe it is just my imagination... I hope. Anyway.. learn of Jesus first.
Pariah different folks are brought to Christ on different paths. What I told Sara about was what captured me. It was too heavy for me too when I first heard it but I hungered to learn more. I felt that finally things were making sense. God led me where I needed to be to hear what I heard....it was not coincidence and I have never turned back.So....each of us has a way in which we let His light shine through us. Mine is to throw seeds out and see where they take root. The more interesting the seed is....perhaps the better root it will take.
smile.gif
Did that happen with Sara? We shall see.
whirlwind and kriss are zealous to share all their knowledge unto you, but some of their teachings goes outside the Bible to other sources as mentioned like the Book of Jasher.
Pariah, I was very careful in using Jasher and explained exactly what it was. I believe it was pertinent to the subject. The quote follows:We also find in the Book of Jasher (this is not scripture but is quoted twice in the Old Testament [Joshua 10;13 and 2 Samuel 1:18]) so some credence should probably be given to the following. Jasher, speaking of the creation, (Jasher was the son of Caleb....a contemporary of Moses,) says in 1:4-5And the abyss fled before the face of the light, and divided between the light and the darkness. So that the face of nature was formed a second time."I do understand what you are saying Pariah and I thank you for saying it in such a gentle manner. It is my hope that Sara or anyone with questions will ask and if I can help them in anyway I will.........Whirlwind

Jonous

Nov 17, 2007
(kriss;26578)
I completely disagree with Jonus sorry Jonus
What you don't agree with? Your quoting is not my post. And even my post is not mine, it's an article someone else wrote
sad.gif
.Force of habit
rolleyes.gif
?...Jusk kidding.And please it's Jon-o-us not Jonus! You have changed my name so many times! Wouldn't it bother you to be called Cris? It bothers me because it shows you don't care to spell it right
smile.gif
. God bless you!

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Sara Here is a good study for you"In the beginning...." These are the first three English words in the Bible. But when was this beginning? Did it begin a mere six-thousand years ago with Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden? What does the Bible tell us? As with all of God's word, there is so much more written just below the surface right there before our eyes, hidden to most but there for the discovery of all. Let's dig it out! We will study what God's Word, The Bible, says about the beginning; the beginning of not only the history of the creation of the world as we now know it today, but also the creation of the world that then was, as well as the world that is to come (Heaven). These are known as Earth Ages, and there are three of them spoken of in the Bible; we will learn of them in this study. We will also read of time-gap in scriptures, a great flood and destruction other than and before Noah's flood; we will even read of dinosaurs in the scriptures. Unfortunately, due to the lack of quality in-depth teaching of God's written Word, many Christians have been led into confusion regarding foundational truths that are so very important to our understanding of the whole of God's Word and His plan. There is a plan and a "theme" to the Bible and it flows from Genesis through Revelation. But how can we understand the ending of God's plan (Revelation) if we don't fully understand the beginning (Genesis)? Today we will study several key scriptures in the Bible that many of us have just read over without fully understanding the deeper truths that were contained within them. Understanding these key fundamental truths is vital to understanding the whole of God's Word. But due to the false teachings and the half truths that we have been exposed to our entire life, often we must first unlearn the untruths, before we can learn the truths of God's most Perfect Word, The Bible. This present topic (the beginning) is so very important because it will shatter a myth that has caused many intelligent well intentioned souls to disregard the Bible because they feel that the Bible goes against good, hard scientific fact; although in reality, nothing could actually be further from the truth. You may have been told at some point by some of the unlearned within the 'religious community' that this earth is only six-thousand years old because of the fact that it is when God formed Adam in the Garden of Eden (4004 BC). And then you go to a museum and see entire skeletal remains of dinosaurs that have been Potassium-Argon dated to millions of years old! Carbon 14 and Potassium-Argon dating are reported by Scientists to be quite accurate, although great care must be used in the testing of the specimen for results to be accurate. But it is only through God's perfect laws of nature and the very science that He gave us to explore and harness; that we are even able to date these items at all. Carbon 14 and Potassium-Argon dating calculate the deterioration or transformation of certain elements. These elements deteriorate or transform at a constant rate and thus allow us to determine the age that a certain organic specimen was alive. The discovery of dinosaur remains that are dated to millions of years old does not go against the truths that God has placed in the Bible for us. In fact, it is scientific discoveries such as that which bears witness to His truths when we competently look at them! It was God that created the science, He created the elements and the laws of nature. It is a gift of God that chemicals and molecules act and deteriorate in a constant fashion, and that we have this scientific means of documenting the past of our planet earth. Near the end of this study, We will see of a place that God mentions the dinosaur in the Bible. This should prove unnerving to those that stake their soul on the fact of the Bible being just the imaginations of some old sheep herders in Jerusalem. For we did not even discover the existence of dinosaurs until the A.D. 1800's, but the latest book written in the Bible was written in approximately A.D. 94 (Revelation). And the book that the dinosaur is mentioned in (Job) is thought to be the first book of the Bible put into writing, it is believed that the book of Job was written even before Moses scribed the book of Genesis sometime around 1490 BC. Let's begin our study at the first verse of the first chapter of the first book in our Bible. Genesis was written by the inspiration of Almighty God through the hand of Moses, for Moses was not yet born when the events recorded in the beginning of the book Genesis transpired. We can determine from the genealogies recorded in the Bible that Moses was born on or about 1571 BC, and Adam was formed in 4004 BC in the Garden of Eden. Thus what we read here is the Divinely inspired account of the creation of the foundation of the world, and we most certainly must reflect on every word, for they are the words of Almighty God Himself. We will now look at [Genesis 1:1 and 1:2]. We will take certain key words and do an in-depth study of the meanings of them in the Hebrew language, which is the language that the Old Testament books of the Bible were originally written in. These below definitions are taken from the Strong's Exhaustive Concordance, a must have Bible study tool for the serious student of the Word. Below are the first two verses of the Bible and they say much more than we can see on the surface. Understanding these two verses will unlock the meaning of many of the things in our Bibles that made little of no sense to us before or even seemed contradictory. I assure you, the Bible does not contradict itself, nor does the Bible contradict good objective scientific fact. For first came the Bible then science. Let's begin our study with a prayer for wisdom and understanding from our Heavenly Father, in the name of Jesus Christ our Savior.Please go here for the rest as it is to long to posthttp://biblestudysite.com/begin.htm

Nov 8, 2007
(whirlwind;26024)
You're right that dinosaurs existed in the First Earth age, but in this passage of Job, YHWH is talking about a Hippo.