Disproving False Religions with Christian Universalism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Revelation 22,

It says that a certain group of named people are outside of the Kingdom of God.

Despite what people may say - they still have to consider what John the Baptist writes in Revelation 21-22.

I believe unbelievers and believers are all going to be resurrected and just like HELL - that is done away with in Revelation 20 - there are two compartments in the Heavenly Realm.

Outside, and Inside the Kingdom where God resides.

May the God of peace be with you.

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Evolution

A princess kisses a frog and it turns into a prince, that’s a fairy tale!

A princess kisses a frog and a billion years later turns into a prince, that’s evolution!

Here is the truth. God created everything. God created the Heavens and the Earth. As told in the Book of Genesis this is true.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Jesus is God and He died for your sins. Believe in Christ Jesus and be saved. That is the only way to go to Heaven. Thus, to all people who do not believe in God, believe in Him and you will be saved. It’s guaranteed that eventually everyone will become believers in the Lord and go to Heaven.

Exodus 20:11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day and made it holy.

Nehemiah 9:6

You alone are the Lord.

You have made the heavens,

The heaven of heavens with all their host,

The earth and all that is on it,

The seas and all that is in them.

You give life to all of them

And the heavenly host bows down before You.

We did not come from nothing. We came from the Lord. The Lord is the sole source of life! Thus trust in the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved from sin, which is death.

2 Kings 19:15 Hezekiah prayed before the Lord and said, “O Lord, the God of Israel, who are enthroned above the cherubim, You are the God, You alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth. You have made heaven and earth.

The Bible is very clear that God is the creator of everything that is good. The Heavens and the Earth are both His creation.

Psalm 115:15

May you be blessed of the Lord,

Maker of heaven and earth.

There are people who try to use science to falsely disprove the existence of God. But God exists whether or not scientists come up with a “proof” of His existence. God has always existed, whether or not scientists create academic papers, scholarly journals, research publications, university thesis, or not. In the Lord alone is Wisdom and Strength!

Isaiah 45:12“It is I who made the earth, and created man upon it.

I stretched out the heavens with My hands

And I ordained all their host.

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Believe in Jesus Christ with faith alone and be saved. Thus, all people will become believers in Christ Jesus with faith only and all will be saved and go to Heaven.

Luke 3:6 All flesh shall see the salvation of God

Popular Presbyterian Minecraft Youtuber FALSELY teaches water baptism (aka works salvation)!​

I was watching this Youtube video about the history of all the denominations of the church.

First off, a handy video guide, in terms of denomination names. There’s certainly a lot. A lot for me to rebuke. But for now, let’s rebuke Presbyterianism. I say these words with kindness and love as usual. A love for the truth my friends.

I found that the Youtube creator identifies as a Presbyterian. They seem to have some random Minecraft gameplay in the background. Here’s a video they posted about baptism and salvation.

Here at 1:12 they say “Faith + Baptism doesn’t save” which is true, faith alone saves. But, as a Youtube commenter Jordan Towner says “1:46 in the video you explicitly say "Baptism is something that needs to happen before we can have faith." FALSE. The only thing we need to be saved is faith alone! How interesting since this comment was posted 17 hours ago.

Romans 4:5 And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,

Baptism is meant to be a metaphor, by how faith alone in Jesus Christ WASHES away our sins, and this sin is like dirt, a metaphor for taking a bath. Do we need to take a PHYSICAL bath to be saved? NO! Do we have a SPIRITUAL bath by believing in Jesus Christ with faith alone. Metaphorically, yes. The reason Jesus mentions baptism is to give us this imagery in our mind, a physical representation of a a spiritual concept, similar to Christ’s parables. It’s an explanation, not the actual concept.

WATER BAPTISM does not save us! Only faith alone in Jesus Christ.

He then mentions Baptismal Regeneration, saying that water baptism save us, this is FALSE

1st John 5:13... “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may KNOW that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.” John states that the sole purpose of his Epistle is to teach us how to KNOW we are saved.

Getting washed with some physical water as an infant, or taking a physical shower as a teenager, or having a physical bath as an adult, none of it saves us! The only way we can get the Holy Spirit into us is by believing in Jesus Christ with faith alone! Like what, we need to go down some physical water slide to be saved? Splash Island? Water baptism for salvation is FALSE. Faith alone salvation in Jesus Christ is true!

A great shame because in another video Redeemed Zoomer rebuke Lordship Salvation. I also rebuke Lordship Salvation many times! Because it’s works salvation and it’s false. Only faith alone saves us.

Here Redeemed Zoomer posted a video about Universal Salvation. Interesting. I was originally rebuking him for the false water baptism belief, but sure, we’ll add in Universal Salvation here too.

First off, hell is not a permanent state, it’s only temporary mental anguish which is Sheol. Eventually, all will be saved by believing in Jesus with faith alone. So his description of Christian Universalism is at least true

At 1:09 they say “no one should be happy with eternal conscious torment” which is good! I agree, it’s not the Lord’s desire to punish forever, the Lord is merciful and gracious and will restore all people to Him through Christ, that’s His goal.

Then at 1:18 they say “even though I do take the traditional view of eternal conscious torment” oof, so close! They were so close! They understand that they are not happy with ECT, they understand that God is love, and yet they still accept ECT. Even though those two views contradict each other. Must be the mind’s coping mechanism. The truth is that

“no one should be happy with eternal conscious torment” because “God is not happy with eternal conscious torment.”

Psalm 100:5 For the Lord is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues to all generations.

Look at that, the Lord’s love endures FOREVER. Forever meaning olam, Hebrew for pertaining to an age. His faithfulness continues to each generation of humanity. God will never give up on someone, He will keep convincing them to believe in Christ with faith alone until eventually they do believe in Jesus with faith alone and are saved. Nothing is too hard for God, with the Lord anything is possible!

3:20 Redeemed Zoomer says “this is a very dangerous doctrine”. Dangerous to Satan, I say, who wants to hurt people, the destroyer, the lion. However, to the Lord, this is not a dangerous doctrine. To Christians, this is not a dangerous doctrine. Eternal Conscious Torment is an extremely dangerous doctrine because that belief literally wants to tortures people forever

3:27 Redeemed Zoomer says “it may prevent those who you teach from being saved” FALSE. I have had many many people who have been saved because of Christian Universalism. Because they were traumatized by a God who tortures people forever, or were confused how a God who loves everyone would also torture the majority of people forever. The Christian truth is that everyone WILL go to Heaven. Christ will save everyone through faith alone. All people WILL believe in Jesus with faith only.

4:10 Redeemed Zoomer essentially says “This one Universalist I know IRL has not given people some apparent “theological tools” they need so that’s why he doesn’t believe in it.” I think the problem is that, Redeemed Zoomer promotes the false views of water baptism for salvation when it’s faith alone. So for them, they would probably define “theological tools” as some sort of water baptism being necessary for salvation which IS FALSE.

I believe that it’s useful for someone to first understand faith alone salvation then permanent salvation then universal salvation. Because when you believe in Christ with faith alone, of course you’re fully saved, but you also understand through the Holy Spirit, God’s kindness for the whole world. Otherwise, you’re trapped in this rules based system which says “Hey only people who are water baptized can be saved or follow these random rules, so not everyone can be saved” when the truth is “No rules save us, we are all sinners, thus we will all believe in faith alone in Jesus Christ and thus we will all be saved”.

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So let’s examine their Presbyterian belief further then.

https://twitter.com/redeemed_zoomer

Their twitter says they are

High-Church Presbyterian (PCUSA)

High-Church Presbyterian at DuckDuckGo

Google search I can’t really find any statement of faith. There’s a website, but it’s just a blog. So let me keep looking through various Presbyterian churches in general until I find one.

Here’s a Presbyterian church that I found, their statement of faith.

Grace | Presbyterian Mission Agency

Start quote With this understanding of grace, we are all predestined to be saved if we repent of our sins and accept by faith the relationship of love that God offers to us. End quote.

It’s true that it’s God grace to save us. Out of His grace He sent His Son to die on the cross for our sins.

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people,

It’s also true that we are all predestined to be saved, in terms of Christian Universalism. We are all elected in advance to become believers in Christ and go to heaven, because it was God’s plan in the beginning to make us all clean of sin by believing in Jesus. So it’s important they change that word “if” to “when”. EVENTUALLY, everyone will be saved, it’s not a matter of if, it’s a matter of when! That’s the Christian Universalist TRUTH. Its like with OSAS, Once Saved Always Saved. It’s not if saved, it’s ONCE saved, because eventually everyone will be saved. Universal Salvation coming true is not conditional, it WILL come true, because everyone WILL become believers in Jesus Christ with faith alone and all will be saved through Him.

Romans 11:6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace. [No longer meaning never]

No loving God would torture people in Hell forever, Hell doesn’t appear in the Bible at all. Hell comes from Greek MYTHology. It’s FAKE! Sheol, Hebrew word for realm of the dead, is true and it’s just where the dead people go. All of Sheol will be emptied out because everyone in the realm of the dead will become believers in Jesus Christ with faith alone and be saved!

LAMENTATIONS 3:31-33 For men are not cast off by the Lord forever. Though he may punish cruelly, yet he will have compassion in the fullness of his love; he does not willingly afflict or punish any mortal man.

And God never destroys people permanently, that would be a waste. God has made each person uniquely and with love, He knows how many hairs are on a person’s skin. He created all of us! He is God of all that is good! The creator of the world! Thus, He will save the world, because John 3:16 For God so loved THE WORLD!

Luke 12:7 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

EZEKIEL 18:23 Have I any desire, says the Lord God, for the death of a wicked man? Will I not rather that he should mend his ways and live?

This Presbyterian says “Repent”. The meaning of repentance is recognition of sins NOT turning from sins. We can NOT turn from our sins to be saved because otherwise salvation would not be a free gift. Salvation is ONLY faith alone in Jesus Christ! NO works salvation. Turning from sins is works salvation.

It’s only possible for us to be free of sin, not by our own efforts, but by believing in the blood of Christ, who washes away all of our sins. We believe in Jesus Christ and then we are saved. After salvation, then we have the Holy Spirit permanently residing in us, so we cannot lose our salvation. We are permanently counted as righteous.

Genesis 15:6 And he believed the Lord, and he counted it to him as righteousness.

Meanwhile, they’re menu has on the top left a section that says “Baptism”

Baptism | Presbyterian Mission Agency

Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)

start quote “One of the main reasons for the lively discussion that surrounds the doctrine of baptism among contemporary Presbyterians is the historic Reformed conviction that “the Holy Spirit claims us in the waters of baptism” (“Brief Statement of Faith”).” end quote

WHAT!?!?! This is FALSE. The physical waters of baptism DO NOT save us. The ONLY way for the Holy Spirit to enter our body is through FAITH ALONE in Jesus Christ. Look at how many times it’s said in the Bible to believe in Christ with faith alone!

Galatians 3:8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “In you shall all the nations be blessed.”

When we believe in Christ Jesus with faith alone we are permanently saved, the Holy Spirit permanently resides with us. Water baptism does absolutely NOTHING for salvation, it’s faith alone! Water baptism does NOT save us, only a simple belief in Jesus Christ. Believe in Him and the Comforter, the Ruach Adonai, comes to dwell within you permanently, your body is a temple!

Galatians 5:6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith

So it seems with these Presbyterians in general, they like to confuse water baptism and faith alone. Woe to the Presbyterians. That’s why on my website www.jesus-saves-all.com I make it obviously clear . It seems like even Youtubers, people who have made dozens of videos on Christianity, still can’t understand this simple truth. A great shame, how people come and overcomplicate the Gospel like this. The simple Gospel truth is that we only need to believe in Jesus Christ and be saved THAT’S IT!

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord does not want there to be a separation between Catholics and Protestants. They need to be one, as the Lord is one with His Father in Heaven. To simply sweep the differences between them under the rug and act like everything is okay is an unbiblical attitude. The Church fought against Gnostics, Arians, Pelagians, Donatists, Albigensians and other heresies throughout her history. Where has the zeal gone to bring all people fully into the Kingdom of God? There needs to be, as Christ said, “one flock, [and] one shepherd” (John 10:16). Let us all work diligently for the reunion of all Christians.

Quote above from your signature line.
So, you are anti-Protestant?

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there are two compartments in the Heavenly Realm.

Outside, and Inside the Kingdom where God resides.
I don't believe in a permanent underclass. I believe that God will draw ALL mankind to himself and that, eventually, ALL will be in a state of holy perfection with him.

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe in a permanent underclass. I believe that God will draw ALL mankind to himself and that, eventually, ALL will be in a state of holy perfection with him.
Great response, thanks.

Romans 11:32
For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

Reactions: Patrick1966

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Lord does not want there to be a separation between Catholics and Protestants. They need to be one, as the Lord is one with His Father in Heaven. To simply sweep the differences between them under the rug and act like everything is okay is an unbiblical attitude. The Church fought against Gnostics, Arians, Pelagians, Donatists, Albigensians and other heresies throughout her history. Where has the zeal gone to bring all people fully into the Kingdom of God? There needs to be, as Christ said, “one flock, [and] one shepherd” (John 10:16). Let us all work diligently for the reunion of all Christians.

Quote above from your signature line.
So, you are anti-Protestant?
No. Was Jesus anti-Protestant when He prayed that we may be one, as He is one with the Father??
If you are anti-trinitarian, (I suspect you are but are too scared to admit it) then you are anti-Protestant, not me.
Protestants and Catholics are one by virtue of Baptism. (CCC817-820) Christian Universalism, a recent inovation, are one of many radical fringe groups and both Protestant and Catholic Christians don't take seriously. There are one or two Catholic theologians who propose a form of universalism but Catholics don't take them seriously either.

...Nevertheless, besides the doctrinal differences needing to be resolved, Christians cannot underestimate the burden of long-standing misgivings inherited from the past, and of mutual misunderstandings and prejudices. Complacency, indifference and insufficient knowledge of one another often make this situation worse. Consequently, the commitment to ecumenism must be based upon the conversion of hearts and upon prayer, which will also lead to the necessary purification of past memories. With the grace of the Holy Spirit, the Lord's disciples, inspired by love, by the power of the truth and by a sincere desire for mutual forgiveness and reconciliation, are called to re-examine together their painful past and the hurt which that past regrettably continues to provoke even today. All together, they are invited by the ever fresh power of the Gospel to acknowledge with sincere and total objectivity the mistakes made and the contingent factors at work at the origins of their deplorable divisions. What is needed is a calm, clear-sighted and truthful vision of things, a vision enlivened by divine mercy and capable of freeing people's minds and of inspiring in everyone a renewed willingness, precisely with a view to proclaiming the Gospel to the men and women of every people and nation.​

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christian Universalism, a recent inovation ...
A recent innovation? Not true. A common, even dominant, theology in the early church.

"The Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge" by Schaff-Herzog, 1908, volume 12, page 96 German theologian- Philip Schaff, Editor: "In the first five or six centuries of Christianity there were six theological schools, of which four (Alexandria, Antioch, Caesarea, and Edessa, or Nisibis) were Universalist, one (Ephesus) accepted conditional immortality; one (Carthage or Rome) taught endless punishment of the wicked. Other theological schools are mentioned as founded by Universalists, but their actual doctrine on this subject is not known."

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Was Jesus anti-Protestant when He prayed that we may be one, as He is one with the Father??
If you are anti-trinitarian, (I suspect you are but are too scared to admit it) then you are anti-Protestant, not me.
Preposterous assertions.
And, I am Trinitarian.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...Nevertheless, besides the doctrinal differences needing to be resolved, Christians cannot underestimate the burden of long-standing misgivings inherited from the past, and of mutual misunderstandings and prejudices. Complacency, indifference and insufficient knowledge of one another often make this situation worse. Consequently, the commitment to ecumenism must be based upon the conversion of hearts and upon prayer, which will also lead to the necessary purification of past memories. With the grace of the Holy Spirit, the Lord's disciples, inspired by love, by the power of the truth and by a sincere desire for mutual forgiveness and reconciliation, are called to re-examine together their painful past and the hurt which that past regrettably continues to provoke even today. All together, they are invited by the ever fresh power of the Gospel to acknowledge with sincere and total objectivity the mistakes made and the contingent factors at work at the origins of their deplorable divisions. What is needed is a calm, clear-sighted and truthful vision of things, a vision enlivened by divine mercy and capable of freeing people's minds and of inspiring in everyone a renewed willingness, precisely with a view to proclaiming the Gospel to the men and women of every people and nation.
The claim that the Body of Christ is NOT already one church is in itself divisive. A larger problem than Denominationalism. IMHO

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know who is a universalist? Jesus.

John 12:32 esv
And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw ALL people to myself.”

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
fwiw i counsel being ware of ppl who say that lol
Agree.
I put these gems in the same category.
"God told me..." (why didn't he tell me?)
"The Word of God says..." (according to who?)
"You'll have to take that up with Him." (ran out of ammo?)

Reactions: bbyrd009

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
There is no such thing as "Christian Universalism". That is a false gospel and you are misleading others as well as yourself. Only those who obey the Gospel will be saved, and those who are saved will be relatively few compared to all humanity.
The "obeying" part, the Imperatives is ignored but they want Jesus, not His cross.