Dive, Dive, Dive...For Five Months

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007

Luke 1:24-25 And after those days his wife Elisabeth conceived, and hid herself five months, saying, Thus hath the Lord dealt with me in the days wherein He looked on me, to take away my reproach among men.

Here Elisabeth is a type of the church, the wife of the Lord. The Lord "looked" on us and took away our reproach. We were forsaken and now...we are called and forgiven:

Isaiah 54:5-7 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is His name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall He be called. For the LORD hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God. For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.

We conceive, as did Elisabeth...we "seize, catch, take hold," we become one with Him. In the latter days, or "after those days," many will see, understand...conceive. Elisabeth, the wife, hid herself five months as we are to do. Those are the last five months of this age, the great tribulation.

Revelation 9:4-5,10 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man. (10) And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.​

They only torment those that are not sealed with the truth of the Lord. But, we will be here. How do we hide?

The man child, of which Moses was a type, will hide for three of the five months, the time of trouble. Our example....

Exodus 2:2 And the woman conceived, and bare a son: and when she saw him that he was a goodly child, she hid him three months

What will happen in the final two months to the son, the man child? But, before that time....

Psalm 27:5 For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion: in the secret of His tabernacle shall He hide me; He shall set me up upon a Rock.

31:20 Thou shalt hide them in the secret of Thy presence from the pride of man: thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues.

There we see part of what the torment of the locusts and scorpions is...the strife of tongues! Lies and great deception. We must know truth.​

143:9 Deliver me, O LORD, from mine enemies: I flee unto thee to hide me.

Proverbs 22:3 A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.

Isaiah 26:20 Come, My people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.

So, how do we hide? If we are One with Him then we are...in the secret of His tabernacle...we are on the Rock. We are of the One Body of Christ. We see what is coming and we prepare, spiritually and literally. The locusts harm the unprepared through oil while Satan harms through deception. The prices of everything will/is causing hardship and it will get worse. Prepare so you are able to shut thy doors and hide thyself.

Charlie

Feb 12, 2011
Dear Whirlwind:

I'm not sure what you mean by "Dive, Dive, Dive" but agree we are waiting --- we should also be hoping.

Paul tells us in Romans 8:22-25:

"For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

What we are waiting and hoping for is the redemption of our bodies in the rapture.

Jesus tells us in Luke 20:33-36 and 21:36 that those who are accounted worthy will caught up and have their bodies redeemed and it is for that redemption that we wait and hope. Those who are accounted worthy will be given incorruptible bodies and will rule and reign over the nations of the world, from heaven, with Jesus Christ,the Lamb of God, who will rule from His throne in heaven during the 1,000 years.

God Bless you. Charlie

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006

They only torment those that are not sealed with the truth of the Lord. But, we will be here. How do we hide?

We have a job to do, why would you want to hide.

cb, we are not going anywhere, again, we have a job to do.

Charlie

Feb 12, 2011
cb, we are not going anywhere, again, we have a job to do.

Dear Tom:

Yes, believers have had a job to do since the time of Our Lord but the Bible makes it clear those who will be accounted worthy of that world, (the world of the 1,000 years), Luke 20:33-36, and those who are accounted worthy to escape all the things that shall come to pass, (the tribulation), Luke 21:36, will be resurrected/raptured and given incorruptible bodies - for the job they will have to do, during the 1,000 years.

Some of the church in Sardis, Rev.3:4, and all of the church in Philadelphia, Rev 3:10, will be in that number, before the start of the 7 years.

God Bless you. Charlie.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Dear Tom:

Yes, believers have had a job to do since the time of Our Lord but the Bible makes it clear those who will be accounted worthy of that world, (the world of the 1,000 years), Luke 20:33-36, and those who are accounted worthy to escape all the things that shall come to pass, (the tribulation), Luke 21:36, will be resurrected/raptured and given incorruptible bodies - for the job they will have to do, during the 1,000 years.

Some of the church in Sardis, Rev.3:4, and all of the church in Philadelphia, Rev 3:10, will be in that number, before the start of the 7 years.

God Bless you. Charlie.

Sorry, charlie, there is NO rapture, we are not going anywhere. Philadelphia and Sardis are a part of the fight. Are you part of one of them, do you know what the synagogue of Satan is?

Joshua David

Feb 10, 2011
Sorry, charlie, there is NO rapture, we are not going anywhere. Philadelphia and Sardis are a part of the fight. Are you part of one of them, do you know what the synagogue of Satan is?

I disagree, I too believe in the rapture. The tribulation has no bearing on the church. Now I am not saying that there won't be saints during the tribulation. The church was established on the Day of Pentecost, on the basis of Christ's shed blood. Just as the church did not exist during the Age of Law, the church will not exist on earth during the Tribulation. It will return WITH Christ at his second coming.

Joshua David

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
...Just as the church did not exist during the Age of Law, the church will not exist on earth during the Tribulation....

Well, a small part of what you said is true; when the night of the Lord begins (Administration of Judgment) the church of Grace will once again be Israelitish Assemblies. This forum will potentially be one of them.

Charlie

Feb 12, 2011
Well, a small part of what you said is true; when the night of the Lord begins (Administration of Judgment) the church of Grace will once again be Israelitish Assemblies. This forum will potentially be one of them.

Dear Tom:

The church is not and will not become Israel, as you imply.

During the 1,000 years Israel, as Israel, all twelve tribes, will occupy ALL the land promised to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Ezekiel 37-39 make that very clear

God Bless you. Charlie

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Dear Tom:

The church is not and will not become Israel, as you imply.

During the 1,000 years Israel, as Israel, all twelve tribes, will occupy ALL the land promised to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Ezekiel 37-39 make that very clear

God Bless you. Charlie

Some day you will know who true Israel is, you do not seem to know now.

Charlie

Feb 12, 2011
Some day you will know who true Israel is, you do not seem to know now.

There are 'true' Israelites in many parts of the world to-day but their homeland is the land of Israel, Tom. During the second half of the 7 years they will be forced to flee into the mountains of Israel when the gentiles invade the holy city and tread it down for 42 months, Rev. 11:2.

However, during the 7 years they will become believers and it will be believers of the 12 tribes who will enter the millennium in their natural state and re-populate Israel. Old Testament prophecies, including Ezekiel 36-38 make that clear, my friend.

Who do you think the 'true Israel' is, Tom, and what scriptures do you think prove your belief?

God Bless you. Charlie.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
There are 'true' Israelites in many parts of the world to-day but their homeland is the land of Israel, Tom. During the second half of the 7 years they will be forced to flee into the mountains of Israel when the gentiles invade the holy city and tread it down for 42 months, Rev. 11:2.

However, during the 7 years they will become believers and it will be believers of the 12 tribes who will enter the millennium in their natural state and re-populate Israel. Old Testament prophecies, including Ezekiel 36-38 make that clear, my friend.

Who do you think the 'true Israel' is, Tom, and what scriptures do you think prove your belief?

God Bless you. Charlie.

I know who true Israel is cb. I have studied their migrations. Most of them are in our churches today and call themselves by a new name, Christians.

Charlie

Feb 12, 2011

I know who true Israel is cb. I have studied their migrations. Most of them are in our churches today and call themselves by a new name, Christians.

Their migrations have nothing to to do with the subject, Tom, and there are Jewish and Gentile believers in our Churchs but non-believing Jews in their synagogues, still.

Jesus came unto his own but it was his own who had Herod release Barnabas and crucify Jesus.

God Bless you. Charlie

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Their migrations have nothing to to do with the subject, Tom, and there are Jewish and Gentile believers in our Churchs but non-believing Jews in their synagogues, still.

Jesus came unto his own but it was his own who had Herod release Barnabas and crucify Jesus.

God Bless you. Charlie

It has everything to do with the subject. I'm not talking about Jews; they (descendants of our brother, Judah) are only one of the twelve tribes. The descendants of the other tribes have lost their identity and call themselves gentiles. The name "Jew" is also used by none Hebrew people that live in or come from the land of Judah. These are the "Jews" that cried "crucify Him." They are not our brother, Judah.

The Israel I am talking about are those peoples from the other tribes, the House of Israel. Where do thet live at this time?

Joshua David

Feb 10, 2011

It has everything to do with the subject. I'm not talking about Jews; they (descendants of our brother, Judah) are only one of the twelve tribes. The descendants of the other tribes have lost their identity and call themselves gentiles. The name "Jew" is also used by none Hebrew people that live in or come from the land of Judah. These are the "Jews" that cried "crucify Him." They are not our brother, Judah.

The Israel I am talking about are those peoples from the other tribes, the House of Israel. Where do thet live at this time?

I have heard of these lost tribes before, and I find no scriptural evidence for believing this. What I have found is a unscriptural attempt to justify replacement theology. I believe that you would be hard pressed to prove your case scripturally. I believe that CB asked you a question, and I would like to hear your answer as well. And just in case you missed it, let me repeat the question.

Now wanting to be fair to you, I feel that it is only fair for us to justify our position scripturally as well. As you can see from 2 Chronicles 11:13 all the faithful from ALL the 12 tribes moved down to Judah. This is the reason that I call Israelites by the name "Jews". While it may not be linguistically correct, it does have some historical as well as scriptural evidence.

2 Chronicles 11:13 The priests and Levites from all their districts throughout Israel sided with him. [sup]14[/sup] The Levites even abandoned their pasturelands and property and came to Judah and Jerusalem, because Jeroboam and his sons had rejected them as priests of the LORD [sup]15[/sup] when he appointed his own priests for the high places and for the goat and calf idols he had made. [sup]16[/sup] Those from every tribe of Israel who set their hearts on seeking the LORD, the God of Israel, followed the Levites to Jerusalem to offer sacrifices to the LORD, the God of their ancestors. [sup]17[/sup] They strengthened the kingdom of Judah and supported Rehoboam son of Solomon three years, following the ways of David and Solomon during this time.

God has always maintained a remnant of all twelve tribes. From these faithful of the 12 tribes came the decendants we know today as the "Jew". Now I have provided my evidence, please do us the courtesy of showing yours.

Joshua David

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006

2 Chronicles 11:13 The priests and Levites from all their districts throughout Israel sided with him. [sup]14[/sup] The Levites even abandoned their pasturelands and property and came to Judah and Jerusalem, because Jeroboam and his sons had rejected them as priests of the LORD [sup]15[/sup] when he appointed his own priests for the high places and for the goat and calf idols he had made. [sup]16[/sup] Those from every tribe of Israel who set their hearts on seeking the LORD, the God of Israel, followed the Levites to Jerusalem to offer sacrifices to the LORD, the God of their ancestors. [sup]17[/sup] They strengthened the kingdom of Judah and supported Rehoboam son of Solomon three years, following the ways of David and Solomon during this time.

You will want to be more careful as you read.

The word "those" in your version are priests and Levites.

2Ch 11:13 And the priests and the Levites that were in all Israel resorted to him out of all their coasts.
2Ch 11:14 For the Levites left their suburbs and their possession, and came to Judah and Jerusalem: for Jeroboam and his sons had cast them off from executing the priest's office unto the LORD:
2Ch 11:15 And he ordained him priests for the high places, and for the devils, and for the calves which he had made.

2Ch 11:16 And after them out of all the tribes of Israel such as set their hearts to seek the LORD God of Israel came to Jerusalem, to sacrifice unto the LORD God of their fathers.
2Ch 11:17 So they strengthened the kingdom of Judah, and made Rehoboam the son of Solomon strong, three years: for three years they walked in the way of David and Solomon.

The people that came from the twelve tribes were only "such as set their hearts to seek the LORD God of Israel came to Jerusalem."

verse 15 is talking about King Jeroboam of the Northern Tribes.

God has always maintained a remnant of all twelve tribes. From these faithful of the 12 tribes came the decendants we know today as the "Jew". Now I have provided my evidence, please do us the courtesy of showing yours.

No!

There are twelve tribes, actually with Joseph getting a double portion there are thirteen. Judah was one, as were the Levites. The tribe of Levi, where the priests come from, was scattered throughout the others, they did not receive an inheritance of land because God was their inheritance. After Salomon’s reign, the ten northern tribes (the House of Israel) split from the two southern tribes (Judah and Benjamin, the house of Judah). You can read about this in 1 & 2 Kings and Chronicles. The Northern tribes went into captivity in about 723 B.C., when the Assyrians conquered them. tim_from_pa does a good job with this in the Lost Tribes of Israel Forum.

When the Northern tribes left captivity they migrated over the Caucuses mountains (this is where the name Caucasian comes from) and this is where you need to start following the migrations. They migrated into all of Europe, Scandinavia, etc, and many later into the good old USA.

The House of Judah (Tribes of Judah and Benjamin with some Levites) where taken captive by the King of Babylon as God commanded. Those that remained and retained the name Jew did so to their hurt, Jer 29: 16-19.

Missing Links Discovered, E Raymond Capt, and Tracing Our Ancestors, Frederick Haberman are a couple of good books on the Migrations of Israel.

australia

Nov 25, 2010
There are 'true' Israelites in many parts of the world to-day but their homeland is the land of Israel..

Gen 27:26-29

(26)
And his father Isaac said unto him (Jacob or Israel), Come near now, and kiss me, my son.

(27)
And he came near, and kissed him: and he smelled the smell of his raiment, and blessed him, and said, See, the smell of my son is as the smell of a field which the LORD hath blessed:

(28) Therefore God give thee of the dew of heaven, and the fatness of the earth, and plenty of corn and wine:

(29) Let people serve thee, and nations bow down to thee: be lord over thy brethren, and let thy mother's sons bow down to thee: cursed be every one that curseth thee, and blessed be he that blesseth thee.

The state of Israel is not the fatness of the earth.

God Bless America and the commonwealth of nations.

australia

Nov 25, 2010
I'm looking forward to reigning with Christ in a non-flesh body, Charlie, how about you?

Charlie

Feb 12, 2011
I'm looking forward to reigning with Christ in a non-flesh body, Charlie, how about you?

I'm praying I will be accounted worthy to do so, in accordance to Luke 21:36

Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

God Bless you. Charlie

Joshua David

Feb 10, 2011

You will want to be more careful as you read.

The word "those" in your version are priests and Levites.

2Ch 11:13 And the priests and the Levites that were in all Israel resorted to him out of all their coasts.
2Ch 11:14 For the Levites left their suburbs and their possession, and came to Judah and Jerusalem: for Jeroboam and his sons had cast them off from executing the priest's office unto the LORD:
2Ch 11:15 And he ordained him priests for the high places, and for the devils, and for the calves which he had made.

2Ch 11:16 And after them out of all the tribes of Israel such as set their hearts to seek the LORD God of Israel came to Jerusalem, to sacrifice unto the LORD God of their fathers.
2Ch 11:17 So they strengthened the kingdom of Judah, and made Rehoboam the son of Solomon strong, three years: for three years they walked in the way of David and Solomon.

The people that came from the twelve tribes were only "such as set their hearts to seek the LORD God of Israel came to Jerusalem."

verse 15 is talking about King Jeroboam of the Northern Tribes.

Again I disagree. I believe that you read it this way to justify taking upon yourself what God has blessed someone else. The words are right there. I understand that you disagree with my interpretation just as I disagree with yours. Now I could be wrong. And if I am then I will be pleasantly surprised to find myself included in the blessing that I didn't know was mine. But if you are wrong, then you are taking what is not yours, and God tends to take a very dim view of that.

No!
There are twelve tribes, actually with Joseph getting a double portion there are thirteen. Judah was one, as were the Levites. The tribe of Levi, where the priests come from, was scattered throughout the others, they did not receive an inheritance of land because God was their inheritance. After Salomon’s reign, the ten northern tribes (the House of Israel) split from the two southern tribes (Judah and Benjamin, the house of Judah). You can read about this in 1 & 2 Kings and Chronicles. The Northern tribes went into captivity in about 723 B.C., when the Assyrians conquered them. tim_from_pa does a good job with this in the Lost Tribes of Israel Forum.

When the Northern tribes left captivity they migrated over the Caucuses mountains (this is where the name Caucasian comes from) and this is where you need to start following the migrations. They migrated into all of Europe, Scandinavia, etc, and many later into the good old USA.

The House of Judah (Tribes of Judah and Benjamin with some Levites) where taken captive by the King of Babylon as God commanded. Those that remained and retained the name Jew did so to their hurt, Jer 29: 16-19.

Missing Links Discovered, E Raymond Capt, and Tracing Our Ancestors, Frederick Haberman are a couple of good books on the Migrations of Israel.

Again, I can find no scriptural reason for believing this. I find interesting conjecture, some interesting theories, but nothing from a solid scriptural standpoint that would make me change my mind.

If by non-flesh you mean non-carnal, then yes, if by non-flesh you mean non-corporeal or non-physical body then I would disagree. My new Glorified, Spiritual, and quite physical body is one of the things that I am most looking forward too.

Joshua David