divorce and remarriage?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Hidden In Him @Nancy @Mayflower @Grailhunter @Bob Carabbio @lilygrace

@Christ4Me @Hidden In Him please consider the following too, and offer any arguments to counter this idea, the quote is not entirely true. If a person attempts to serve God but continues to sin that issue is covered in the Gospel:
Matthew 7:21-23

New King James Version

I Never Knew You
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Thank you for sharing.

It is why Jesus warned His disciples about not abiding in Him in verse 6 of John 15:1-8 as they can be cut off and why they are at risk of being left behind for not being ready as found abiding in Him per Luke 12:40-49.

There are 2 kinds of inheritance in the kingdom of heaven; 2 Timothy 2:20-21 for why departing from iniquity is how one is accepted by the Lord as that vessel unto honor in His House at the Marriage Supper in Heaven when reading Luke 13:24-30 with Matthew 7:21-23 as your reference. Those left behind as the ones that did not depart from iniquity and thus disqualified as workers of iniquity, are still in His House as vessels unto dishonor. These are also known as the least in the kingdom of heaven that even break on of His commandments and teaches others so in Matthew 5:19.

In the parable of the ten virgins that are likened unto the Kingdom of Heaven, in Matthew 25:1-13, what is overlooked is that even though the five that were foolish for being out to the market getting filled with oil, and thus not ready for why they were left behind when the Bridegroom had come, they were still a part of that kingdom of heaven; they just missed out on the wedding reception. It is a huge loss, but still saved as in His kingdom.

Reactions: dev553344

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now as far as I am concerned a husband that mistreat his wife has nullified the vows of the marriage and she is free to go her way with no commitments or restrictions.
No, that does not nullify the marriage.

I think the right thing to do is for the woman to stay married but remove herself from the abuse. In time, the abusive husband will probably then initiate a divorce on his own. Then the woman is free to go her way with no commitments or restrictions. But let me make it perfectly clear I don't have an ounce of condemnation for a woman who divorces a physically abusive husband. As long as the physical abuse is not being unfarily exaggerated by the woman for the purpose of justifying in her own mind an unlawful divorce.

Reactions: Grailhunter

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Hidden In Him @Nancy @Mayflower @Grailhunter @Bob Carabbio @lilygrace

Thank you for sharing.

It is why Jesus warned His disciples about not abiding in Him in verse 6 of John 15:1-8 as they can be cut off and why they are at risk of being left behind for not being ready as found abiding in Him per Luke 12:40-49.

There are 2 kinds of inheritance in the kingdom of heaven; 2 Timothy 2:20-21 for why departing from iniquity is how one is accepted by the Lord as that vessel unto honor in His House at the Marriage Supper in Heaven when reading Luke 13:24-30 with Matthew 7:21-23 as your reference. Those left behind as the ones that did not depart from iniquity and thus disqualified as workers of iniquity, are still in His House as vessels unto dishonor. These are also known as the least in the kingdom of heaven that even break on of His commandments and teaches others so in Matthew 5:19.

In the parable of the ten virgins that are likened unto the Kingdom of Heaven, in Matthew 25:1-13, what is overlooked is that even though the five that were foolish for being out to the market getting filled with oil, and thus not ready for why they were left behind when the Bridegroom had come, they were still a part of that kingdom of heaven; they just missed out on the wedding reception. It is a huge loss, but still saved as in His kingdom.
You caught it before I deleted it. I'm not sure it applies to being divorced and remarrying unless you make that a habbit.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what is overlooked is that even though the five that were foolish for being out to the market getting filled with oil, and thus not ready for why they were left behind when the Bridegroom had come, they were still a part of that kingdom of heaven; they just missed out on the wedding reception. It is a huge loss, but still saved as in His kingdom.
But aren't you overlooking the fact that Jesus said he did not know them?

"11Later the other virgins arrived and said, ‘Lord, lord, open the door for us!’12But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I do not know you.’
" Matthew 25:11-12
Saved people whom Jesus does not know? I don't think so.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You caught it before I deleted it. I'm not sure it applies to being divorced and remarrying unless you make that a habbit.

Well, the Lord Jesus Christ will judge and we have His words to warn us to avoid being judged. We can trust the Lord to be our Good Shepherd & Friend to help us to follow Him, especially on issues not clear to oneself given a situation or lack of knowledge in the scripture. James 1:5-8 & Hebrews 4:12-16

Reactions: dev553344

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But aren't you overlooking the fact that Jesus said he did not know them?

"11Later the other virgins arrived and said, ‘Lord, lord, open the door for us!’12But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I do not know you.’
" Matthew 25:11-12
Saved people whom Jesus does not know? I don't think so.

Any iniquity that denies Him, He will deny them, but even if they do not believe in Him any more, He is faithful for He still abides.

Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

2 Timothy 2:11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

So one does not have to just verbally deny Him, to be denied by Him but can be involved in religious works ( heresy aka iniquity ) in denying Him.

But He still abides in those left behind.

Take for example the ten virgins in Matthew 25:1-13 where in that first verse, the ten virgins ARE likened unto the kingdom of heaven. Even though five were foolish for not being ready for why they were out to the market seeking to be filled, and thus got shut out from the wedding reception in that kingdom of heaven, which it is a great loss, but they are still in that kingdom of heaven; hence still saved.

There are 2 kinds of inheritance in the kingdom of Heaven for why those left behind are considered the least in Matthew 5:19 for breaking the least of His commandments and teaching others so. Just as those who do not depart from iniquity are vessels of dishonor in His House as vessels of wood & earth hence the least in the Kingdom of Heaven per 2 Timothy 2:20-21. It is considered a damnation because once that door is shut, they cannot be that vessel unto honor in His House, being of the firstfruits of the resurrection.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Hidden In Him @Nancy @Mayflower @lilygrace

1 Corinthians 7:1-2 pretty much rules out fornication whereas 1 Corinthians 7:8-9 says to marry to avoid burning and hence fornication.

Lust is not love and love is not lust. Paul exhorts believers in this wise forewarning them too.

Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

I have heard fornicators say when one proposes marriage to the other after the first time, the other says it doesn't mean anything when referring to what they had done in fornication. Media tells the truth that it is just chemicals and hormones and has nothing to do with love. Indeed, I wondered a person speaking " I love you" is really meaning to say "I love your body" or "I love sex". Thus not having any real love for that person.

Indeed, for a Christian being concerned about the other Christian abiding state in the Lord & not just their own, they would love that believer by leaning on the Lord for His help so as to not want to have sex with the person they love.

But if they cannot contain, get married, even elope to avoid fornication & then have the public marriage later on if need be for the familes that want to join in the celebation of their marriage together.

Sorry that had happened to you & to your mother.

Hello brother,
"I wondered a person speaking " I love you" is really meaning to say "I love your body" or "I love sex"."
Agreed. Now a day's it's "I love ME and I WANT you, and till lust lasts, shall we part"....

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This being addressed regarding a situation involving an unbeliever, but I point out that if an unbeliever is abusing the spouse, then that is the same as not consenting to live with her, but Paul made it clear that he was speaking here and not the Lord in verses 12-13.

What Paul says in verses 14-17 seems to limit the believer from leaving the unbeliever as far as verse 15 goes, but if the unbeliever leaves, the believer is not bonded to that marriage.

Correct.
But it does go to verse 13 about the question if a believer abusing a believing spouse as surely neither one is leased to dwell with each other in that situation. Is it applicable? Or is only separation is permitted if not permanently separated?

Does abuse happen in Christian marriage? Paul seemed to stress this as a requirement for the office of a bishop.

1 Timothy 3:1This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; 3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; 4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; 5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

Since alcohol does make men mean and abusive and even though not drunk, a man that has zero patience can be a brawler, these would indicate that Paul acknowledge that as among them for why this list of requirement was needed for the office of bishop, but that does not negate the church from tending to that fault in a believer;

So far as I understand it, separation would be the proper course of action, and continued separation every time the believing husband abused her again, but not remarriage to another. The reasoning would be the same as with if a unbelieving husband still wished to dwell with a believing wife. If a believing husband still wished to dwell with a believing wife, then all the more so, but if he is abusive then she should separate repeatedly until he decides if he wants to stay married and not be abusive or stay separated.

I do agree that an abusive husband would likely only be a nominal Christian at best, so my advice to the wife would be to pray continually for the situation. If He so wills it that the wife be freed from the marriage, God will make a way for it. During a separation, the man may commit adultery, revealing his true lack of love and commitment, at which time she would no longer be under obligation and bound to the marriage. Otherwise, she should stay and try and work things out. It's a tough situation, but one where I would pray to the Lord incessantly for Him to reveal His will.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
divorce and remarriage?
OP ^

Marriage between man and woman is temporary whether it ends by death or divorce.
Remarriage between man and woman again, is again temporary whether it ends by death or divorce.

It matters not, what men and women freely choose to do, or do not do....
every person will bear the burden of their choices.

Is an individuals relationship WITH God, dependent upon a persons relationship with another person? I don’t believe it is.

Reactions: Pearl

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct.

So far as I understand it, separation would be the proper course of action, and continued separation every time the believing husband abused her again, but not remarriage to another. The reasoning would be the same as with if a unbelieving husband still wished to dwell with a believing wife. If a believing husband still wished to dwell with a believing wife, then all the more so, but if he is abusive then she should separate repeatedly until he decides if he wants to stay married and not be abusive or stay separated.

I agree.

I do agree that an abusive husband would likely only be a nominal Christian at best, so my advice to the wife would be to pray continually for the situation. If He so wills it that the wife be freed from the marriage, God will make a way for it. During a separation, the man may commit adultery, revealing his true lack of love and commitment, at which time she would no longer be under obligation and bound to the marriage. Otherwise, she should stay and try and work things out. It's a tough situation, but one where I would pray to the Lord incessantly for Him to reveal His will.

I have always believed commitment is a believer doing the best they can in keeping that commitment without looking to Jesus Christ to do His work in him by faith. It is why I had kept failing in making Him Lord of my life until one day, He helped me to see His New Covenant for why we cannot add anything of our filthy righteousness of the law to it, but to rest in Him to do His work in us and finish it to His glory. Philippians 1:6-11 John 6:28-29 & Galatians 5:1 By placing our hope in Jesus ( 1 John 3:3 ) to destroy the works of the devil in our lives, ( 1 John 3:8 ) we will get to know Him & the power of His resurrection as we see ourselves able to follow Him for why it is simply written that the just shall live by faith. 2 Timothy 4:18 & Jude 1:24-25

In other words, I can see why a believer fails in keeping his commitment because no matter how much the spirit is willing, the flesh is weak and what is impossible with man, is possible with God. Since we had to surrender to Jesus for Him as our Savior to have saved us, then we have to surrender to Jesus as our Good Shepherd & Friend to help us to follow Him daily. Hebrews 12:1-2 Luke 9:23

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think she should"repeatedly" leave him. She should remain separated until/unless God makes it very clear it's the right move to go back. But most men never change. They will repeat offend.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Hidden In Him @Nancy @Grailhunter @Mayflower @lilygrace @Ferris Bueller

divorce and remarriage?
OP ^

Marriage between man and woman is temporary whether it ends by death or divorce.
Remarriage between man and woman again, is again temporary whether it ends by death or divorce.

It matters not, what men and women freely choose to do, or do not do....
every person will bear the burden of their choices.

Is an individuals relationship WITH God, dependent upon a persons relationship with another person? I don’t believe it is.

Let's look at what Jesus is saying.

Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Keep that in mind because in a way, it shows why it matters. Salvation is not lost, but where they are placed in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Course, that is the righteousness of God by faith in Jesus Christ for how we enter in as in born again of the Spirit for believing in Him.

21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: 22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Notice how Jesus says how it was before in judgment, but now, the bar is raised higher?

27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: 28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. 29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. 30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

The bar is raised higher again in verse 28.

But what about hell? The English word was derived from the Greek word "geena" or Gehenna which is known as the valley of slaughter as the unburied corpse shall be meat for the birds of the air. Jeremiah 19:6-7 That means believers will lose out on the Marriage Supper & be cast out on to the earth for when that fiery calamity comes on a third of the earth. 2 Peter 3:3-18 & Luke 17:26-30 & Luke 13:33-36 & Revelation 8:7-13

That is the price to pay for not departing from iniquity and teaching others to do it too, thus the least in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:31 It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement: 32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

The bar has been raised higher in our relationship with the Lord as it is dependent on how we live with Him in relating to others.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think she should"repeatedly" leave him. She should remain separated until/unless God makes it very clear it's the right move to go back. But most men never change. They will repeat offend.

Sometimes a believer could be going about trying to overcome sin in the wrong way.

I have always believed commitment is a believer doing the best they can in keeping that commitment without looking to Jesus Christ to do His work in him by faith. It is why I had kept failing in making Him Lord of my life until one day, He helped me to see His New Covenant for why we cannot add anything of our filthy righteousness of the law to it, but to rest in Him to do His work in us and finish it to His glory. Philippians 1:6-11 John 6:28-29 & Galatians 5:1

By placing our hope in Jesus ( 1 John 3:3 ) to destroy the works of the devil in our lives, ( 1 John 3:8 ) we will get to know Him & the power of His resurrection as we see ourselves able to follow Him for why it is simply written that the just shall live by faith. 2 Timothy 4:18 & Jude 1:24-25

In other words, I can see why a believer fails in keeping his commitment because no matter how much the spirit is willing, the flesh is weak and what is impossible with man, is possible with God. Since we had to surrender to Jesus to believe in Him as our Savior to have saved us, then we have to surrender to Jesus to believe in Him as our Good Shepherd & Friend to help us to follow Him daily. Hebrews 12:1-2 Luke 9:23 He is with us always.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Hidden In Him @Nancy @Grailhunter @Mayflower @lilygrace @Ferris Bueller

Let's look at what Jesus is saying.

Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Keep that in mind because in a way, it shows why it matters. Salvation is not lost, but where they are placed in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Course, that is the righteousness of God by faith in Jesus Christ for how we enter in as in born again of the Spirit for believing in Him.

21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: 22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Notice how Jesus says how it was before in judgment, but now, the bar is raised higher?

27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: 28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. 29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. 30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

The bar is raised higher again in verse 28.

But what about hell? The English word was derived from the Greek word "geena" or Gehenna which is known as the valley of slaughter as the unburied corpse shall be meat for the birds of the air. Jeremiah 19:6-7 That means believers will lose out on the Marriage Supper & be cast out on to the earth for when that fiery calamity comes on a third of the earth. 2 Peter 3:3-18 & Luke 17:26-30 & Luke 13:33-36 & Revelation 8:7-13

That is the price to pay for not departing from iniquity and teaching others to do it too, thus the least in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:31 It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement: 32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

The bar has been raised higher in our relationship with the Lord as it is dependent on how we live with Him in relating to others.

Your point ?
Agreeing with what I said?
Disagreeing with what I said?
Elaborating on what I said?
Something else?

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your point ?
Agreeing with what I said?
Disagreeing with what I said?
Elaborating on what I said?
Something else?

@Hidden In Him @Cooper @Nancy @Mayflower @lilygrace @BarnyFife @GodsGrace @Eternally Grateful @farouk @ScottA @Ferris Bueller

Disagreeing.

The bar has been raised higher in our relationship with the Lord.

And so it does matter on how we live with Him as it does involve us in how we are relating to others. The consequence is below.

Salvation is not at risk, but becoming a castaway and a vessel unto dishonor in His House; as the least in the kingdom of Heaven, is the consequence.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'On it's ear'? Very much exaggerated. Rabbi's had editorial privilege in matters of the law. Nothing new. Moses exercised his. Jesus exercised his.

I am not saying that Christ did not have the right to modify the Mosaic Law in regard to divorce. But that not all He did....Moses permitted you! Is the most significant thing He said there......Not God permitted you.

No, of course not. We know that right from the law itself.

And the law itself gave Moses the authority to make such judgments.
Find that Law.

If I hear one more person say this, I'm going to...! Lol.
If you would just look at it from the point of view that a woman has
VALUE in a home you'd understand the compensation that was paid for taking a woman from her father's household to be your wife.

And, seriously, what man or woman who actually cares about their marriage doesn't say their spouse 'belongs to them'? Marriage is a commitment of service and submission and intimacy that BELONGS solely to their spouse. The man belongs to the woman just as much as the woman belongs to the man.

It's funny, but I worked with a man who was going into his 5th or 6th marriage who talked down to women being 'property'. But then proceeded to marry a foreigner he purposely sought out and brought to the United States, thinking she'd be more submissive, and then coldly treated her like a piece of property. I guess he was sure he wasn't treating her as property in the sense that he understood that, along with how many other men understand it, not knowing how he was treating her was actually making her a piece of property in every negative connotation of the word.

You can romanticize and justify slavery all you want. It is still what it is. In this time period and until after the first millennium women did not have the right to choose their husbands. Also keep in mind that dating is a 20th century custom. But beyond that....taking the words said in the Bible in context of the time period.
You mentioned adultery and murder....In that time period....adultery is considered a property crime. And a man could not commit adultery unless he had sex with another man's property. This is an old concept were the term "damaged goods" come from. Once that womb had been defiled by another man, the husband could not use it for his own children.

So in the Old and New Testament adultery was considered worse than murder....socially... You will see in the storyline that if a man wanted to have another man's wife....he would kill the husband.

Then you can see here that if a man divorces his wife, and remarries it is not said that he committed adultery, but forced his wife to commit adultery. Because divorcing a Jewish woman in that time period was more or less a death sentence. Jewish men were prohibited from marrying her and she was alone...often prostitution was the only option. This is the cruelty that Christ is speaking against in the Jewish Law and customs.
but I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except for the reason of unchastity, makes her commit adultery; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery. Matthew 5:32

Also the Christians did not adopt the custom of the Letter of Divorcement. Couples joined to marry and if it did not workout, they walked away....left. No biblical requirement for wedding cerimony....no Christian custom of wedding ceremonies. No divorce process. We can speculate a few things but ya know?

Not a lot of thought given to marriage or divorce or family in the New Testament. The most important thing was to save as many souls quickly because Christ could return any minute.

Christians today have a focus on the correct coupling of those in love (ie wedding ceremonies) and a focus on the family. As well they should....but that was not the focus of Christian leaders in the biblical era and for centuries after that. People....Christians had a different idea....People fell in love and had families and loved their kids and had family units. The church leaders after the first century....developed negatives views of women and sex and nudity...even considering marital sex a sin, particular if they did it during the day.... without clothes....or enjoyed it.....or was not praying for a baby while they were "doing it" .....and the door had to be locked and they had to be silent.

Don't you know that the writings of the Bible existed and were circulated among the churches before they were officially codified in one book? That was not a time when there were no Christian scriptures. The Bible didn't all of a sudden pop out of nowhere.

No one is saying that the Bible popped out. But there is no evidence in the New Testament or history that people had copies of the Books of the New Testament. Expensive preposition. But there is proof that they wrote a few scriptures on paper, held together by a piece of wire....I have seen that.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But most men never change. They will repeat offend.
The hope is, since he already has the character of an abuser that he will also have no conviction regarding remaining faithful to the marriage and will find someone else and so the abusive relationship can be dissolved that way.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not saying that Christ did not have the right to modify the Mosaic Law in regard to divorce. But that not all He did....Moses permitted you! Is the most significant thing He said there......Not God permitted you.
Find that Law.
"8If a case is too difficult for you to judge, whether the controversy within your gates is regarding bloodshed, lawsuits, or assaults, you must go up to the place the LORD your God will choose. 9You are to go to the Levitical priests and to the judge who presides at that time. Inquire of them, and they will give you a verdict in the case.10You must abide by the verdict they give you at the place the LORD will choose. Be careful to do everything they instruct you, 11according to the terms of law they give and the verdict they proclaim. Do not turn aside to the right or to the left from the decision they declare to you." Deuteronomy 17:8-11

2“The scribes and Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3So practice and observe everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. 4They tie up heavy, burdensome loadsa and lay them on men’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them." Matthew 23:2-4

It is these binding rabbinical judgments that Christ in this New Covenant set the people of God free from.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one is saying that the Bible popped out. But there is no evidence in the New Testament or history that people had copies of the Books of the New Testament.
"16After this letter has been read among you, make sure that it is also read in the church of the Laodiceans, and that you in turn read the letter from Laodicea." Colossians 4:16

And, note, even in the time of the Apostles, Paul's writings were considered holy scripture:

"Some parts of his (Paul's) letters are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort,h as they do the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction." 2 Peter 3:16

Onesimus (Philemon 1:10) collected all of Paul's writings. Which, as you know, eventually ended up in our Bibles.