Do Christians have a place in politics?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simple answer? No. The true footstep followers of the Lord Jesus are called to a "heavenly calling" (Hebrews 3:1), to the "high calling of God" (Philippians 3:13). Male and female Christians are running for the office of joint-heirship with Christ Jesus in His Kingdom. The Apostle Paul was one of these runners. He realized that a person cannot run for two offices at the same time. He said, "Do not be conformed to this world." (Romans 12:2) This means do not become entangled with the things of this world.

Again Paul said, "This one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:13,14). Similarly, Jesus said, "Ye are not of this world"; and again, "My kingdom is not of this world," meaning the present evil governments/systems (John 18:36).

Therefore, the chief duty of the Christian is to avoid involvement with worldly systems, and to devote himself to preparing for the kingdom of our Lord. All good citizens should desire righteous people in office, but a righteous government cannot be established by imperfect men. The Christian's hope is in the biblical teaching that Christ Jesus, the great Messiah, will soon set up His kingdom, and establish righteousness in the earth. "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven." Matthew 6:10

Reactions: Cassandra

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely NOT!

Daniel 4
17 ... the Most High rules in the kingdom of men, Gives it to whomever He will, And sets over it the lowest of men.'

Last edited:

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks!!! Your post is gonna go over like a lead balloon here, though.