Do Christians sin like the unbelievers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Of course. Sin is sin the same for all, and if we do sin, then while we are sinning, we are just like unbelievers: unrighteous children of the devil. .

Christ in the Born again, has caused them to become "The righteousness of God in Christ".
Never again are they "unrighteous"., but they can be horrible christians whose behavior, shames God, and enlists correction.
Sure.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The occasional misdeeds or good deeds do not characterize what we are. It is the general steady direction and tendency toward righteousness, or toward evil, that defines us.
Sanctification, the cleansing of all wickedness and sin and the full completion of character development takes a life time. We are to die daily, continually putting down and burying the old inclinations that characterized us as unbelievers. As we continue in faith, those who hunger and thirst for righteousness will be filled. Even in this life.

Reactions: amadeus

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you claim to be sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, 100% of the time? (1 John 1:8-10)
No amount of sin is acceptable to God.

Can you show otherwise from Scripture?

Does the Bible say "If we say we <<should>> have no sin we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us?"

Or does it say "He that saith, I know Him, and keepeth not His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him? "

Is God's word subject to the habits and practices of those who are called by His name?

Argue with God if you have determined His standard doesn't meet with your approval.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No amount of sin is acceptable to God.

Can you show otherwise from Scripture?

Does the Bible say "If we say we <<should>> have no sin we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us?"

Or does it say "He that saith, I know Him, and keepeth not His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him? "

Is God's word subject to the habits and practices of those who are called by His name?

Argue with God if you have determined His standard doesn't meet with your approval.
I never said that sin is acceptable to God. Now have you flawlessly obeyed all of God's commandments 100% of the time? Is that how you define "keep" His commandments?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No one ever has a problem with 'sinless perfection' as long as Jesus is the one who has to do it.
OK. So since Jesus is doing it for you personally, do you claim to be sinlessly perfect?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If a professing Christian can choose a lifestyle of sin without experiencing enough discipline to bring him to repentance, then according to this Scripture, it is highly unlikely that that person is a child of God.
That's the bottom line. Christians are to be focused on righteousness.

Reactions: mailmandan

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said that sin is acceptable to God. Now have you flawlessly obeyed all of God's commandments 100% of the time? Is that how you define "keep" His commandments?
I am not the standard. God sets the standard. Then antinomianists tear it down because they have no evidence of perfection from men. Folks who don't like the standard should get with God about it. People begin sinning before they know what sin is. Evidently, people become Christians before they know what it is. Revising the standard based on the performance of believers is not going to fly with God. Why don't you stop dodging the question and tell us Pharisees how much sin is acceptable to God, Dan? Because if God doesn't require perfect obedience then there must be some level of acceptance. I mean surely if you can demand evidence that one of us who advocate obedience complies 100% we ought to be able to get away with asking how far (even a guesstimate) below 100 we're allowed to go. I've never claimed to be sinless, but I won't lower my standard to meet my performance level. I know I need a Savior. Even the "good" stuff I do is tainted with selfishness. God will excuse none of my sin--zero. Either Christ paid for every single sin of the redeemed or He didn't. I wouldn't think He'd have bothered to pay for the ones that are okay to excuse since 'sinless perfection' isn't required of His followers. So level with us: How much can we get away with and still slip our slimy carcasses through a crack in the pearly gates?

Reactions: Brakelite

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, so do you feel comfortable now that you have my imperfect performance to compare yours to?
It was not your imperfect performance but your imperfect theology that needed to be correct. The issue was not the sinless perfection of Christ -- which is a given -- but the claim by some that they do not sin at at all. You did not address that.

Reactions: mailmandan

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do Christians sin like the unbelievers?

The short answer is yes.
KJV James 1:12-15
12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Reactions: amadeus