Do Christians sin like the unbelievers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is like 3-5 verses that Christians love to bring up to justify their sin and still be saved doctrine.
They have to do this at the expense of mountain size amount of other verses that warns the believer how sin can destroy their soul unless they confess and forsake their sins (Matthew 5:28-30) (Matthew 6:15) (Matthew 12:37) (Matthew 25:31-46) (Luke 9:62) (Luke 10:25-28) (Galatians 5:28-30) (1 Timothy 6:12) (Titus 1:16) (2 Thessalonians 2:13) (Romans 8:13), etcetera, etcetera.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was not your imperfect performance but your imperfect theology that needed to be correct. The issue was not the sinless perfection of Christ -- which is a given -- but the claim by some that they do not sin at at all. You did not address that.
So you don't believe the harvest will be fully ripe when Jesus reaps it?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?” (Romans 6:2)

The opposition to biblical truth around here is astounding!
I wonder why you took that plainly out of context. Maybe you have a personal problem.

Any man sinning is sinning like all men sinning, whether they claim Christ or not:

They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ in the Born again, has caused them to become "The righteousness of God in Christ".
Never again are they "unrighteous"., but they can be horrible christians whose behavior, shames God, and enlists correction.
Sure.
Correction being: Repent and believe the gospel.

No man while sinning can be born of God, but is a child of the devil.

All who are sinning are the same in sight of God: sinning sinners.

'Enlist' is such a nice word. It sounds so cuddly.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even so... just like the Israelites of old who continued back and forth between sacrifice and sin and sacrifice and sin. Where were most of them at the end of 40 years in the wilderness?

God is no respecter of persons!
True. The back and forth, in and out of double heartedness must come to an end one way or the other.

And in the end, the only thing that will matter is what we are doing at the end: dying in sinning is not resurrected in glory.

Dying in our sins is simply dying in our sinning.

Reactions: amadeus

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is an entirely different matter. The harvest will indeed be ripe but God's angels will do the reaping,

The harvest will not be reaped until the caryopsis (fruit of the wheat, or the Spirit) is ripe and:

Revelation 14
14And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle. 15And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe. 16And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Key in Galatians 5, is to not make a practice to sin. @Johann

If you claim to be a Christian and come home and beat your wife... or you have thoughts of meanness and greed. That is what is counted as practicing Sin. Growing closer to God and growing Christ, the flesh starts to become lessened, and the practice doesn't become so problematic. Our flesh does still mess up when we fail in either loving God, and loving others.

That is why the message Jesus shared was to Love God first -> seeking things from God from the heavenly, and to Love God others -> regardless of the circumstances that may be going on.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Actually, it reads in Revelation (to me) as if Jesus does the first reaping and an angel does the second reaping.
Appearances can be misleading. Here's the reason why the angels do the reaping (not Jesus who sends them forth):

Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn... As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. The Son of Man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity (Mt 13: 30,40,41)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But there’s still the two reapings in Revelation. AND, it appears to not match up with Mathew. So something is being missed. I believe in a gathering together before the tribulation and it clears it up for me. I don’t know how people who do not believe in a Pretrib gathering reconcile or understand both verses.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True. The back and forth, in and out of double heartedness must come to an end one way or the other.

And in the end, the only thing that will matter is what we are doing at the end: dying in sinning is not resurrected in glory.

Dying in our sins is simply dying in our sinning.
Amen!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The saints are represented as wheat and are gathered by Christ.

The wicked are represented as tares and/or grapes and are gathered by angels.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@mailmandan,
By the way, speaking of questions that folks refuse to answer:
How much sin is okay?
Because "I never said sin was acceptable" isn't an answer.

How much exactly?
If sinless perfection is not the goal/standard, then:
Exactly how much sin is okay within the standard you advocate?
Folks probably refuse to answer because it's a loaded question that implies folks who do not promote sinless perfection are promoting a license to sin. 1 John 2:1 - My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. Sin is never acceptable and we should always strive to not sin, yet nobody was ever sinless 100% of the time except for Jesus Christ.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@mailmandan it would have been honest for you to tag me on this since you are clearly referring to me. For some reason I didn’t see this thread until today.

All the years you have on these forums I am pretty sure you know how to tag a person you are mentioning.
I didn't find it necessary and knew you would find it. Thank you for finally admitting that you believe you are sinless 100% of the time. It was like pulling teeth to finally get you to answer YES or NO to my question, but you finally did it. You actually answered YES to GEN2REV when he asked you the same question. I knew all along you believed that, but just wanted to hear you admit it. ;)

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't find it necessary and knew you would find it. Thank you for finally admitting that you believe you are sinless 100% of the time. It was like pulling teeth to finally get you to answer YES or NO to my question, but you finally did it. You actually answered YES to GEN2REV when he asked you the same question. I knew all along you believed that, but just wanted to hear you admit it. ;)

“Truth is lacking, and he who departs from evil makes himself a prey. The LORD saw it, and it displeased him that there was no justice.” (Isaiah 59:15)

Reactions: BarneyFife

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Truth is lacking, and he who departs from evil makes himself a prey. The LORD saw it, and it displeased him that there was no justice.” (Isaiah 59:15)
1 John 1:8 - If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. This remains your achilles heel.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 1:8 - If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. This remains your achilles heel.

To the unbelievers.

Because:

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)

The believer is here (we know this):

“We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.” (1 John 5:18)

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To the unbelievers.

Because:

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)

The believer is here (we know this):

“We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.” (1 John 5:18)
The letter is addressed to believers, but that doesn't mean that everyone who is mixed in with a group of professing believers is a genuine believer. We see this in 1 John 2:19.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The letter is addressed to believers, but that doesn't mean that everyone who is mixed in with a group of professing believers is a genuine believer. We see this in 1 John 2:19.

But @mailmandan

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.” (1 John 5:18)

Reactions: robert derrick