Do Christians Still Sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does the Bible talk about pertaining to this subject?

(You can not be perfect - like God - however you can be mature in your faith by abiding in Christ.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Due to the only limited scripture I only see partly, and would like to share to you the reason I believe all people continue to sin, however they may sin less when they are sanctified in Christ Jesus, being completely rooted in him, and abiding in him.

I agree with you, about dying to sin. Paul wrote about it, Colossians 3, Romans 6, and there are some other passages in scripture that deal with us, dying to the flesh. So, do not take what I am saying as though, we are given a license to sin. However, Every single person in this world, still sins, when they engage their flesh, in which is also mentioned in Galatians 5.

The scripture you shared in

1 John 3:9
No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

Deals with how people are born again like you had stated, they given a new nature, and are created a new in Christ who makes them new. They will have a new inclination to not go on about their own sinful ways, that they did prior, lets look at what Paul said in Corinthians 6.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

The change is from the former old man, into the new man/woman in Christ.

Paul wrote

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things have become new.

The thing, is. Even with the new nature, our flesh still has problems, and lets look at what Paul said about his problem that he prayed 3 times to be taken away from him, and he himself said his flesh was a slave to sin.

Romans 7:25
Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

Paul also wrote in

2 Corinthians 12:8 Three times I prayed to the Lord about this and asked him to take it away. 9 But his answer was: “My grace is all you need, for my power is greatest when you are weak.” I am most happy, then, to be proud of my weaknesses, in order to feel the protection of Christ's power over me. 10 I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and difficulties for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

So what is the point in all of this? When you as a sold out believer in Christ Jesus understand that your sins were paid for on the cross before you were born, you start to have a gratitude for what the Lord had done for you in turn you become born again and changed and you still live in your flesh, and the only way to hold back the flesh to sin, is relying and trusting in Jesus who lives with-in you, by the Spirit of Christ.

Anytime you do anything good for someone, by the Holy Spirit, it is coming from God himself, to do that actions which motivates us to have love for God and love for others because of the love that God had show not only to us, but to the whole world.

James 1:17 Whatever is good and perfect is a gift coming down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow.

Where does the problem come from when we are motivated to sin? It comes naturally from our fleshly inclinations.

Where is the proof of that?

James 1:13When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He tempt anyone. 14But each one is tempted when by his own evil desires he is lured away and enticed. 15Then after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

Thank you for taking time to read.
This might depend on how you define "Christian," but I would say most Christians sin, and remember that not everybody who calls himself a Christian is really a Christian.

Reactions: MatthewG and Johann

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew said:
That is right and true statement. Not sure if someone should get wrapped up in constantly asking for forgiveness though when they are notified by the Holy Spirit in their sin they should. In scripture it tells us to be of the attitude of thankfulness, Barney.[/QUOTE\]
Jesus taught his Apostles and and disciples to pray, now I'm not saying we should rigidly adhere to the exact words but the model prayer that Jesus gave was that we are to ask God's forgiveness each day just as we are to be thankful for the blessings of each day.

Reactions: Johann and MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew said:
That is right and true statement. Not sure if someone should get wrapped up in constantly asking for forgiveness though when they are notified by the Holy Spirit in their sin they should. In scripture it tells us to be of the attitude of thankfulness, Barney.[/QUOTE\]
Jesus taught his Apostles and and disciples to pray, now I'm not saying we should rigidly adhere to the exact words but the model prayer that Jesus gave was that we are to ask God's forgiveness each day just as we are to be thankful for the blessings of each day.

Amen brother you are right He told his disciples that they should pray and not give up.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At night when I’m asleep is probably the easiest time for me to avoid the “Thou shalt nots”, but that’s when I’m not actively loving God with my whole heart, mind, soul, and strength, or loving my neighbor as myself. The positive commands are more difficult than the prohibitive ones because they’re open-ended.

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Matthew said:

- In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our - weakness. For - we do not know - how - we ought to pray, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groans too deep for words.

Now notice how the Holy Spirit intercedes....
V-PIA-3S (BSB Morphology)
Verb - Present Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Lemma: ὑπερεντυγχάνω
Word: intercedes for us
Greek: ὑπερεντυγχάνει,
Transliteration: hyperentynchanei,
G5241 (Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments)
G5241 ὑπερεντυγχάνω huperentugchano (hï-per-en-tïng-cha'-nō) v.
to intercede in behalf of.

ὑπέρ huper (hï-per') prep.
1. over.
2. (with the genitive case, of place) above.
3. (also) beyond.
4. (with the accusative case) superior to, above and beyond, more than.
5. (causal) on behalf (of).
6. (by extension, rarely) concerning.
7. (as intensifier) highly, highest (i.e. great, way above and beyond).
[a primary preposition]
KJV: (+ exceeding, abundantly) above, in (on) behalf of, beyond, by, + very chiefest, concerning, exceeding (above, -ly), for, + very highly, more (than), of, over, on the part of, for sake of, in stead, than, to(-ward), very. In the comparative, it retains many of the above applications

Adj-DMP (BSB Morphology)
Adjective - Dative Masculine Plural
Lemma: ἀλάλητος
Word: too deep for words.
Greek: ἀλαλήτοις.
Transliteration: alalētois.
G215 (Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments)
G215 ἀλάλητος alaletos (a-la'-lee-tos) adj.
unspeakable.

There are many times we do not know how to pray as we ought to yet we have the assurance that even our "arrow" prayers the Holy Spirit will intercede and make it acceptable before our Father and the Lord Christ Jesus.
J.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't found blaming or putting down to be helpful in sharing the good news. I have however learned that God uses humour to convey something wonderful about himself. He has even given us the ability to be humorous.

That said, I also find it disheartening when men attempt to superimpose their rules of formality onto our colourful God as if he were the straight laced type who is incapable of getting a joke.

Think of an elephant who can pick up a tree with his nose and cool himself off by sucking water up the same showering himself....or a giraffe whose head is placed on the end of a neck long enough to be a cherry picker......or Jesus getting Peter to go fishing to pay a tax bill using a coin found in the fishes mouth.

Our God revealed in Jesus loves us erring sinners which is something that has me wondering about his nature ......us sinners one the other hand, even us who claim a connection with God find it so easy to find fault in another......hardly loving!

Now, getting back to Paul's text in Colossians 1.... yeahhhhh, I have no problem concurring with his sentiments!

So Christ "powerfully" works in you like He did Paul?

I understood you the first time you said this. Again, you're using the good name of another to promote yourself. Believe whatever you want to believe. Making yourself equal in power to the Apostle Paul is ridiculous.

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
..and in the light of the scriptures.
Blessings
J.

You can not know the exact will of God for your life solely from searching the Scriptures. You will never be "King David". You will never be an apostle. There is no reason whatsoever for anyone to try and live the life of another.

Through the Spirit of God, we can be lead Divinely to accomplish His will.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
12But we ask you, brothers, to acknowledge those who work diligently among you, who preside over you in the Lord and give you instruction.

13In love, hold them in highest regard because of their work. Live in peace with one another.

14And we urge you, brothers, to admonish the unruly, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, and be patient with everyone.

15Make sure that no one repays evil for evil. Always pursue what is good for one another and for all people.

16Rejoice at all times. 17Pray without ceasing. 18Give thanks in every circumstance, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

19Do not extinguish the Spirit. 20Do not treat prophecies with contempt, 21but test all things. Hold fast to what is good.

22Abstain from every form of evil.23Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely, and may your entire spirit, soul, and body be kept blamelessa at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24The One who calls you is faithful, and He will do it.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You can not know the exact will of God for your life solely from searching the Scriptures. You will never be "King David". You will never be an apostle. There is no reason whatsoever for anyone to try and live the life of another.

Through the Spirit of God, we can be lead Divinely to accomplish His will.

Psa 119:89 LAMED. For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.

Psa 119:152 Concerning thy testimonies, I have known of old that thou hast founded them for ever.

Isa 40:8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

1Pe 1:25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

@praise_yeshua
You cannot divorce the scriptures from the Christ friend

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You can not know the exact will of God for your life solely from searching the Scriptures.

You err, not knowing the scriptures nor the power thereof...

Rom_1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psa 119:89 LAMED. For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.

Psa 119:152 Concerning thy testimonies, I have known of old that thou hast founded them for ever.

Isa 40:8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

1Pe 1:25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

@praise_yeshua
You cannot divorce the scriptures from the Christ friend

Just how do you know what you're supposed to be doing from those verses you just quoted?

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You err, not knowing the scriptures nor the power thereof...

Rom_1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

I've known every single verse you've quoted.

How do you know what YOU are suppose to be doing from those Scriptures?

If everyone knew themselves solely by the Scriptures then everyone would be the same. Everyone would have the same office and measure of faith.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I've known every single verse you've quoted.

How do you know what YOU are suppose to be doing from those Scriptures?

If everyone knew themselves solely by the Scriptures then everyone would be the same. Everyone would have the same office and measure of faith.

BIBLE, THE; THE WORD OF GOD
Called, The Scriptures, The Law, &c.

Deu_6:4-12; Psa_19:7-11; Psa_119:1
(1) General References to
2Sa_22:31; Psa_12:6; Psa_119:9; Psa_119:50; Psa_147:15; Mar_12:24; Luk_8:11; Eph_6:17
--SEE Commandments, BIBLE, THE; THE WORD OF GOD
& BIBLE, THE; THE WORD OF GOD
Law, BIBLE, THE; THE WORD OF GOD
Statutes, BIBLE, THE; THE WORD OF GOD
Truth, TRUTH
Gospel, GOSPEL
(2) Despised by the Foolish
--SEE, 2968
(3) The Book of the Ages
Psa_119:89; Psa_119:152; Isa_40:8; Mat_5:18; Mat_24:35; 1Pe_1:25
--SEE The Enduring, ENDURING
(4) Food for the Soul
Deu_8:3; Job_23:12; Psa_119:103; Jer_15:16; Eze_2:8; Eze_3:1
Mat_4:4; 1Pe_2:2
--SEE Spiritual Feasts, FOOD
Spiritual Food, FOOD
(5) Divinely Inspired
Jer_36:2; Eze_1:3; Act_1:16; Act_28:25; 2Ti_3:16; 2Pe_1:21
Rev_1:1; Rev_14:3
--SEE Inspiration, INSPIRATION, DIVINE
(6) Precepts Written in the Heart
Deu_6:6; Deu_11:18; Deu_30:14; Psa_119:11; Luk_2:51; Rom_10:8; Col_3:16
--SEE Law in the Heart, BIBLE, THE; THE WORD OF GOD
(7) Furnishes a Light in Darkness
Psa_19:8; Psa_119:105; Psa_119:130; Pro_6:23; 2Pe_1:19
(8) Loved by the Saints
Psa_119:47; Psa_119:72; Psa_119:82; Psa_119:97; Psa_119:140; Psa_119:163; Jer_15:16
(9) MIGHTY IN ITS INFLUENCE
A Devouring Flame
Jer_5:14
A Crushing Hammer
Jer_23:29
A Life-giving Force
Eze_37:7; Act_19:20
A Saving Power
Rom_1:16
A Defensive Weapon
Eph_6:17
A Probing Instrument
Heb_4:12
--SEE Words of Christ, WORDS OF CHRIST
& WORDS OF CHRIST
(10) A Blessing to Those Who Reverence it
Jos_1:8; Psa_19:11; Mat_7:24; Luk_11:28; Joh_5:24; Joh_8:31; Rev_1:3
(11) Purifies the Life
Psa_119:9; Joh_15:3; Joh_17:17; Eph_5:26; 1Pe_1:22
(12) WRITTEN WITH A PURPOSE
To Authenticate the Divinity of Christ
Joh_20:31
To give Hope to Men
Rom_15:4
To Relate Human Experience as a Warning
1Co_10:11
To give Knowledge of Eternal Life
1Jo_5:13
--SEE Aids to Faith, FAITH
(13) Read in the Great Congregation
Exo_24:7; Jos_8:34; Jer_36:8; Luk_4:16; Col_4:16
--SEE Law Read, BIBLE, THE; THE WORD OF GOD
Instruction given, INSTRUCTION
(14) The Standard of Faith and Duty
Pro_29:18; Isa_8:20; Joh_12:48; Gal_1:8; 1Th_2:13
(15) Its Words Sacred, not to be Altered
Deu_4:2; Deu_12:32; Pro_30:6; Rev_22:19
--SEE Reverence (1), REVERENCE
(16) The Study of Enjoined
Deu_17:19; Isa_34:16; Joh_5:39; Act_17:11; Rom_15:4
--SEE Knowledge (3), KNOWLEDGE
Wisdom Sought, WISDOM
(17) Contains Seed-Corn for the Sower
Psa_126:6; Mar_4:14; Mar_4:15; 2Co_9:10
--SEE Spiritual Sowing, SOWING
(18) Absolutely Trustworthy
1Ki_8:56; Psa_93:5; Psa_111:7; Eze_12:25; Dan_9:12
Mat_5:18; Luk_21:33; Rom_4:16
--SEE Faithfulness, Divine, FAITHFULNESS
Fulfilment, PROPHECY
& PROPHECY
(19) Profitable for Instruction
Deu_4:10; Deu_11:19; 2Ch_17:9; Neh_8:13; Isa_2:3; Act_18:28
--SEE Instruction (2), INSTRUCTION
Law Read, BIBLE, THE; THE WORD OF GOD
(20) Ignorance of, Perilous
Mat_12:3; Mat_19:4; Mat_22:29; Joh_20:9; Act_13:27; 2Co_3:15
--SEE Spiritual Ignorance, IGNORANCE
(21) It Contains the Message to be Delivered
Jer_1:7; Jer_1:17; Jer_11:2; Eze_2:7; Eze_3:17; Act_5:20; Tit_2:15
--SEE Preaching (2), LEADERS
(22) Purity of
Psa_12:6; Psa_18:30; Psa_19:8; Psa_119:140; Pro_30:5; Isa_45:19
(B) THE LAW part of
(1) Ceremonial Abolished in Christ
Eph_2:15; Col_2:14; Heb_7:18; Heb_8:13; Heb_10:1; Heb_12:27
(2) Perfection of the Divine
Psa_19:7; Psa_119:142; Rom_7:12; Rom_7:14; 1Ti_1:8
(3) Keeping of Enjoined
Deu_17:19; Jos_23:6; 1Ch_22:12; Pro_28:7
--SEE Obedience (1), 2614
Book of the Law, GOD'S
Testimonies, TESTIMONIES
Words of Christ, WORDS OF CHRIST
(4) In the Heart
Psa_37:31; Psa_40:8; Jer_31:33; Jer_32:40; Rom_2:15; Rom_7:22; 2Co_3:3
Heb_8:10; Heb_10:16
--SEE 418
(5) Despised
2Ch_36:16; Psa_78:10; Isa_5:24; Isa_30:9; Jer_6:19; Jer_9:13
Hos_4:6; Amo_2:4; Mar_7:9
--SEE Instruction Despised, REJECTION of God and truth
Despisers, DESPISERS
(6) The Public Reading of
Deu_31:11; Jos_8:35; 2Ki_23:2; Neh_8:3; Neh_8:18; Neh_13:1; Jer_36:6
--SEE "Word" Read, BIBLE, THE; THE WORD OF GOD
(7) Impartiality of
Exo_12:49; Lev_24:22; Num_9:14; Num_15:16
--SEE Strangers (3), STRANGERS
(C) STATUTES contained in
Exo_15:26; Lev_26:46; Deu_4:5; Deu_16:12; 1Ki_3:14; Psa_19:8; Psa_119:12; Psa_119:54
(2) Perpetual, given to Israel
Lev_23:14; Lev_23:31; Lev_24:3; Lev_24:9; Num_18:11; Num_19:21
(D) COMMANDMENTS contained in
Deu_6:6; Deu_11:8; Psa_19:8; Psa_119:6; Mat_15:3; Mat_22:38; 1Jo_5:3
(2) To be Kept
Exo_20:6; Deu_4:40; Deu_6:17; Deu_10:13; Deu_26:18; Jos_22:5; 1Ki_2:3
1Ki_6:12; 1Ki_8:58; 1Ki_11:38; 2Ki_17:13; 1Ch_28:8; 1Ch_29:19; Psa_78:7
Eze_44:24; Mat_19:17; 1Jo_5:3; Rev_14:12
--SEE Obedience (1), OBEDIENCE
Decalogue, DECALOGUE, THE
Tables of Stone, 3543
Words Kept, WORDS OF CHRIST

The D'var is like a hammer friend
J.

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BIBLE, THE; THE WORD OF GOD
Called, The Scriptures, The Law, &c.

Deu_6:4-12; Psa_19:7-11; Psa_119:1
2Sa_22:31; Psa_12:6; Psa_119:9; Psa_119:50; Psa_147:15; Mar_12:24; Luk_8:11; Eph_6:17
& BIBLE, THE; THE WORD OF GOD
Law, BIBLE, THE; THE WORD OF GOD
Statutes, BIBLE, THE; THE WORD OF GOD
Truth, TRUTH
Gospel, GOSPEL
(2) Despised by the Foolish
--SEE, 2968
(3) The Book of the Ages
Psa_119:89; Psa_119:152; Isa_40:8; Mat_5:18; Mat_24:35; 1Pe_1:25
--SEE The Enduring, ENDURING
(4) Food for the Soul
Deu_8:3; Job_23:12; Psa_119:103; Jer_15:16; Eze_2:8; Eze_3:1
Mat_4:4; 1Pe_2:2
--SEE Spiritual Feasts, FOOD
Spiritual Food, FOOD
(5) Divinely Inspired
Jer_36:2; Eze_1:3; Act_1:16; Act_28:25; 2Ti_3:16; 2Pe_1:21
Rev_1:1; Rev_14:3
--SEE Inspiration, INSPIRATION, DIVINE
(6) Precepts Written in the Heart
Deu_6:6; Deu_11:18; Deu_30:14; Psa_119:11; Luk_2:51; Rom_10:8; Col_3:16
--SEE Law in the Heart, BIBLE, THE; THE WORD OF GOD
(7) Furnishes a Light in Darkness
Psa_19:8; Psa_119:105; Psa_119:130; Pro_6:23; 2Pe_1:19
(8) Loved by the Saints
Psa_119:47; Psa_119:72; Psa_119:82; Psa_119:97; Psa_119:140; Psa_119:163; Jer_15:16
(9) MIGHTY IN ITS INFLUENCE
A Devouring Flame
Jer_5:14
A Crushing Hammer
Jer_23:29
A Life-giving Force
Eze_37:7; Act_19:20
A Saving Power
Rom_1:16
A Defensive Weapon
Eph_6:17
A Probing Instrument
Heb_4:12
--SEE Words of Christ, WORDS OF CHRIST
& WORDS OF CHRIST
(10) A Blessing to Those Who Reverence it
Jos_1:8; Psa_19:11; Mat_7:24; Luk_11:28; Joh_5:24; Joh_8:31; Rev_1:3
(11) Purifies the Life
Psa_119:9; Joh_15:3; Joh_17:17; Eph_5:26; 1Pe_1:22
(12) WRITTEN WITH A PURPOSE
To Authenticate the Divinity of Christ
Joh_20:31
To give Hope to Men
Rom_15:4
To Relate Human Experience as a Warning
1Co_10:11
To give Knowledge of Eternal Life
1Jo_5:13
--SEE Aids to Faith, FAITH
(13) Read in the Great Congregation
Exo_24:7; Jos_8:34; Jer_36:8; Luk_4:16; Col_4:16
--SEE Law Read, BIBLE, THE; THE WORD OF GOD
Instruction given, INSTRUCTION
(14) The Standard of Faith and Duty
Pro_29:18; Isa_8:20; Joh_12:48; Gal_1:8; 1Th_2:13
(15) Its Words Sacred, not to be Altered
Deu_4:2; Deu_12:32; Pro_30:6; Rev_22:19
--SEE Reverence (1), REVERENCE
(16) The Study of Enjoined
Deu_17:19; Isa_34:16; Joh_5:39; Act_17:11; Rom_15:4
--SEE Knowledge (3), KNOWLEDGE
Wisdom Sought, WISDOM
(17) Contains Seed-Corn for the Sower
Psa_126:6; Mar_4:14; Mar_4:15; 2Co_9:10
--SEE Spiritual Sowing, SOWING
(18) Absolutely Trustworthy
1Ki_8:56; Psa_93:5; Psa_111:7; Eze_12:25; Dan_9:12
Mat_5:18; Luk_21:33; Rom_4:16
--SEE Faithfulness, Divine, FAITHFULNESS
Fulfilment, PROPHECY
& PROPHECY
(19) Profitable for Instruction
Deu_4:10; Deu_11:19; 2Ch_17:9; Neh_8:13; Isa_2:3; Act_18:28
--SEE Instruction (2), INSTRUCTION
Law Read, BIBLE, THE; THE WORD OF GOD
(20) Ignorance of, Perilous
Mat_12:3; Mat_19:4; Mat_22:29; Joh_20:9; Act_13:27; 2Co_3:15
--SEE Spiritual Ignorance, IGNORANCE
(21) It Contains the Message to be Delivered
Jer_1:7; Jer_1:17; Jer_11:2; Eze_2:7; Eze_3:17; Act_5:20; Tit_2:15
--SEE Preaching (2), LEADERS
(22) Purity of
Psa_12:6; Psa_18:30; Psa_19:8; Psa_119:140; Pro_30:5; Isa_45:19
(B) THE LAW part of
(1) Ceremonial Abolished in Christ
Eph_2:15; Col_2:14; Heb_7:18; Heb_8:13; Heb_10:1; Heb_12:27
(2) Perfection of the Divine
Psa_19:7; Psa_119:142; Rom_7:12; Rom_7:14; 1Ti_1:8
(3) Keeping of Enjoined
Deu_17:19; Jos_23:6; 1Ch_22:12; Pro_28:7
--SEE Obedience (1), 2614
Book of the Law, GOD'S
Testimonies, TESTIMONIES
Words of Christ, WORDS OF CHRIST
(4) In the Heart
Psa_37:31; Psa_40:8; Jer_31:33; Jer_32:40; Rom_2:15; Rom_7:22; 2Co_3:3
Heb_8:10; Heb_10:16
--SEE 418
(5) Despised
2Ch_36:16; Psa_78:10; Isa_5:24; Isa_30:9; Jer_6:19; Jer_9:13
Hos_4:6; Amo_2:4; Mar_7:9
--SEE Instruction Despised, REJECTION of God and truth
Despisers, DESPISERS
(6) The Public Reading of
Deu_31:11; Jos_8:35; 2Ki_23:2; Neh_8:3; Neh_8:18; Neh_13:1; Jer_36:6
--SEE "Word" Read, BIBLE, THE; THE WORD OF GOD
(7) Impartiality of
Exo_12:49; Lev_24:22; Num_9:14; Num_15:16
--SEE Strangers (3), STRANGERS
(C) STATUTES contained in
Exo_15:26; Lev_26:46; Deu_4:5; Deu_16:12; 1Ki_3:14; Psa_19:8; Psa_119:12; Psa_119:54
(2) Perpetual, given to Israel
Lev_23:14; Lev_23:31; Lev_24:3; Lev_24:9; Num_18:11; Num_19:21
(D) COMMANDMENTS contained in
Deu_6:6; Deu_11:8; Psa_19:8; Psa_119:6; Mat_15:3; Mat_22:38; 1Jo_5:3
(2) To be Kept
Exo_20:6; Deu_4:40; Deu_6:17; Deu_10:13; Deu_26:18; Jos_22:5; 1Ki_2:3
1Ki_6:12; 1Ki_8:58; 1Ki_11:38; 2Ki_17:13; 1Ch_28:8; 1Ch_29:19; Psa_78:7
Eze_44:24; Mat_19:17; 1Jo_5:3; Rev_14:12
--SEE Obedience (1), OBEDIENCE
Decalogue, DECALOGUE, THE
Tables of Stone, 3543
Words Kept, WORDS OF CHRIST

The D'var is like a hammer friend
J.

Geesh.....

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So Christ "powerfully" works in you like He did Paul?

I understood you the first time you said this. Again, you're using the good name of another to promote yourself. Believe whatever you want to believe. Making yourself equal in power to the Apostle Paul is ridiculous.
Making myself equal to anybody is an incorrect assumption p_y. I have no interest in hierarchy. I am amazed however how the Spirit expresses itself through different personalities.