Do Christians Still Sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was indeed a parable, and I’m not gonna say I understand it completely.

Here is how I view death today @devin553344 in light of the victorious Christ who defeated, Satan and his demons, sin, death, grave/hell.

When people die they are resurrected, judged, and either they go outside of the kingdom (faithless) or inside of the (faithful) kingdom of the heavenly. With a new spiritual body given by God which would be given to the non-believer and the believer. (Revelation 22; 1 Corinthians 15)

Preterist?

Reactions: ChristisGod

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not claim to have been sinless.

When we abide in Christ, he helps us sinless if anything, however all commit sin thank you for commenting and sharing. I believe the lake of fire was made for the Devil and his angels only.

Thank you for commenting.

Evangelical Universalist?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What does the Bible talk about pertaining to this subject?

(You can not be perfect - like God - however you can be mature in your faith by abiding in Christ.)
Even if we do sin we are no longer sinners but saints, forgiven by God. And we are ashamed of any sin we commit through our human/old natures.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even if we do sin we are no longer sinners but saints, forgiven by God. And we are ashamed of any sin we commit through our human/old natures.

It’s good to know these things either way you are right Pearl.

I use to look down on people when I first became a Christian. Looking at myself in the mirror changed everything. Your right about the shame that comes when we do miss the mark it is there by the Holy Spirit notifying us of what was done which was wrong.

Though we still sin we are sinners saved by grace through faith in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus, in which one becomes a child of God.

Reactions: Johann and Pearl

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @praise_yeshua I am a heretic to some. I do not know everything “pertrist believe” as there variations just like “baptist” “pentacostal”.

I am a sold out Christian that trust Jesus and believe everything was fulfilled in 70Ad. I believe in universal atonement. However those who are the faith in the Gospel of Christ are saved to the kingdom of Heaven, those who are not his are outside the kingdom.

Do you have issues with pretrist or those who see Christ’s death universally covering all mankind’s sin, believer or not?

Reactions: praise_yeshua

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @praise_yeshua I am a heretic to some. I do not know everything “pertrist believe” as there variations just like “baptist” “pentacostal”.

I am a sold out Christian that trust Jesus and believe everything was fulfilled in 70Ad. I believe in universal atonement. However those who are the faith in the Gospel of Christ are saved to the kingdom of Heaven, those who are not his are outside the kingdom.

Do you have issues with pretrist or those who see Christ’s death universally covering all mankind’s sin, believer or not?

We are much alike. I'm not a Universalist but I am sympathetic to those who hold the position. There are just a few Scriptures that stand against the position. I also lean toward Partial Preterism.

I do believe the vast majority of prophecies where fulfilled with the death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Most others were fulfilled in the destruction of the temple. Outside of that, I don't have anymore details. I don't believe anyone really does.

Reactions: MatthewG

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They look at commands, Say yep, I do not break those. so I am ok.
Well, they're like the terribly mistaken young man in Matthew 19, who said to Jesus, "All these things I have kept; what do I still lack?" The good thing about him is that even so, he still knew he was lacking something... :)

Grace and peace to you.

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, they're like the terribly mistaken young man in Matthew 19, who said to Jesus, "All these things I have kept; what do I still lack?" The good thing about him is that even so, he still knew he was lacking something... :)

Grace and peace to you.

True and I very serious doubt that he really had. He thought he had. Self perception is a dangerous thing. We can only really know ourselves by getting to know God.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Are you a trinitarian Matthew ?

Reactions: praise_yeshua

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you a trinitarian Matthew ?

Christophany,

What is the purpose of the question for?

Will that get me into the cool kids club? ( I mean no offense by this) it’s simply exaggerated sarcasm.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That He is God and Eternal in the same way as the Father is Eternal.

How do you mean that Jesus is God?

The Virgin Mary gave birth to a son, after being overshadowed by the holy spirit, and named him Jesus. Is this what your asking? If I believe this Jesus is God like the flesh of him was God or something?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you mean that Jesus is God?

The Virgin Mary gave birth to a son, after being overshadowed by the holy spirit, and named him Jesus. Is this what your asking? If I believe this Jesus is God like the flesh of him was God or something?
Do you believe Jesus pre existed His birth as a man and that He was God prior to His birth ?

In other words did He exist as God before becoming a man ?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe Jesus pre existed His birth as a man and that He was God prior to His birth ?

In other words did He exist as God before becoming a man ?

I do not believe Jesus the fleshly named man by the Virgin Mary was preexisting as a man in Heaven with God in the beginning. There is no scripture that says that.

I believe that The Word of God is God and is one with the Father as the Lord God Almighty. The Word existed in the beginning with the Father and the Holy Spirit.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are much alike. I'm not a Universalist but I am sympathetic to those who hold the position. There are just a few Scriptures that stand against the position. I also lean toward Partial Preterism.

I do believe the vast majority of prophecies where fulfilled with the death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Most others were fulfilled in the destruction of the temple. Outside of that, I don't have anymore details. I don't believe anyone really does.

I bought this book and am gonna start reading it more now that I have gotten sober thanks and praise be to God have you ever read it before?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    436.4 KB · Views: 0

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not believe Jesus the fleshly named man by the Virgin Mary was preexisting as a man in Heaven with God in the beginning. There is no scripture that says that.

I believe that The Word of God is God and is one with the Father as the Lord God Almighty. The Word existed in the beginning with the Father and the Holy Spirit.
I didn’t say He existed as a man in heaven before becoming a man in Bethlehem. I has asked if you believed He was God.

Do you believe the Son/ Word was a distinct Person from the Father before He became a man ?

And that Person ( the Son ) was equal with the Father in His Deity ?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Grace and peace to you.

Was thAt the rich young ruler who Jesus loved?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn’t say He existed as a man in heaven before becoming a man in Bethlehem. I has asked if you believed He was God.

Do you believe the Son/ Word was a distinct Person from the Father before He became a man ?

And that Person ( the Son ) was equal with the Father in His Deity ?

I answered your question already to what I believe.