Do Christians Still Sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have study the book. I haven't read every word.

Alfred Edersheim is better. He was an Orthodox Jewish convert to Christianity. You will get a better "perspective" from Edersheim. I would add him to your collection.

That is interesting, who is Alfred Edershiem? What time period did he live in?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh okay. I consider that we are tempted in the flesh to that tends to lead us from being in Gods presences and in to being away from him in darkness. Is there any scripture that helps when that happens?
God brings scripture to my mind all the time if it wanders . I have memorized lots of scripture over the years and the Holy Spirit brings them to my mind . I’m not in darkness I’m in the light as 1 John and Paul teaches us . He has transferred us from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of His glorious light .

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
““I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.

Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.

You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.

Abide in Me, and I in you.

As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

“I am the vine, you are the branches.

He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.

If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.

By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

“As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love.

If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

“These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.

This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15:1-12‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you call God a person for?

I believe God who is Spirit had (mind/will/heart and emotion). I believe the Word of God (was the expressed image of God and his mind/will/heart and emotion), and the Holy Spirit of God was with them all in the beginning.

What you are talking about just confuses me when one says person. Like human being.

In Theology, we call this the Hypostatic Union. "Person" is used to distinguish between the two natures of Jesus Christ.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Theology, we call this the Hypostatic Union. "Person" is used to distinguish between the two natures of Jesus Christ.

@praise_yeshua,

Why can’t people just say Jesus was the Word of God made flesh who was born of a Virgin Mary, baptized in the Holy Spirit and was named also named Immanuel God with us, who was the Son of Man, Son of God, Son of David, came to own who received him not and he was slain for the sins of the world and on the third day was resurrected again and shortly after ascended to Heaven at the right hand of the Father?

That is the Gospel message, of course there is more afterward in the writing and letters of Paul, and the others.

Why do people gotta use fancy words and jargon for and not just rely on scripture?

Reactions: Brakelite

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He lived in the 1800s but was more than capable when it comes to Jewish history.

Thank you for sharing with me. Josephus was born in 37 Ad, and was from a family of priest, and lived in Jerusalem. In case you did not know.

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@praise_yeshua,

Why can’t people just say Jesus was the Word of God made flesh who was born of a Virgin Mary, baptized in the Holy Spirit and was named also named Immanuel God with us, who was the Son of Man, Son of God, Son of David, came to own who received him not and he was slain for the sins of the world and on the third day was resurrected again and shortly after ascended to Heaven at the right hand of the Father?

That is the Gospel message, of course there is more afterward in the writing and letters of Paul, and the others.

Why do people gotta use fancy words and jargon for and not just rely on scripture?

I'm "with you" on some of this... but I do see these terms as being important at times. The "defense" of the Gospel to any challenge is important. It does help with dealing with the historical arguments that addressed the issue long ago. The "Holy Trinity" was one of the first challenges to historical Christianity. It is one of the most important. I deals with the very nature of God and how to accurately construct a defense against those who would seek to belittle the exalted position of Jesus Christ.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have started many threads about sins and sinning, and none about righteousness and doing right.

It’s to help people realize that we do sin. There is a lot of false pretense that people hide behind and they will say “I do not sin”. So that is why I do it, for the truth of our sinful nature to be known and the right thing to do is come to Jesus whom makes us right with God and then proceed by the Holy Spirit there after.

What are your thoughts about sin and righteousness?

Reactions: Johann

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing with me. Josephus was born in 37 Ad, and was from a family of priest, and lived in Jerusalem. In case you did not know.

I did. He is good source of information... but he wasn't a Christian. He will present things from a "unbelievers" perspective. You need both. You need Christian perspective and unbeliever perspective to really know the Truth. That is why I said to "add" Albert.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did. He is good source of information... but he wasn't a Christian. He will present things from a "unbelievers" perspective. You need both. You need Christian perspective and unbeliever perspective to really know the Truth. That is why I said to "add" Albert.

Which book specifically should one get by him please let me know thank you.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What are your thoughts about sin and righteousness?
Just two things to keep in mind:

1. The just (or justified ones) shall live by faith. (Rom 1:17; Heb 10:38)

2. God says that sin SHALL NOT have dominion over you. (Rom 6:14)