Do Christians Still Sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even if we do sin we are no longer sinners but saints, forgiven by God. And we are ashamed of any sin we commit through our human/old natures.

Pearl are there any helpful scriptures you know of that can help us when we start to fall down in the pit of darkness?

Reactions: Johann

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you have a masochistic streak, I could point you to a couple of threads from people who are convinced that REAL Christians (such as themselves, of course) never sin. Bwahahahahahahaha! (I will attempt to refrain from mentioning the sins of pride and self-righteousness and failure to love your neighbor as yourself. Too late; I've already demonstrated my own pride and self-righteousness, darn it!)

I've also seen posts from people who claim to have "walked in the Spirit" for a period of time, and though I don't have visibility to their full lives, I might believe they have, if only for a while.

How does it make you feel to understand that no one is perfect? Does it give you relief? Even Pastors up on the pulpit have sins they have to deal with. We all do, it is a relief that even though we miss the mark: Jesus doesn’t. Putting our faith in him makes us right with God! To have peace with God, with suffering with Christ, having died with him, buried with him, and raised again with him to new life by the Holy Spirit given!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is going around seeking to kill , steal and destroy all he can.
A roaring lion on the hunt for the vulnerable and weak.
Are you in your armour for battle against him or do you wish to bite and devour one another?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not believe Jesus the fleshly named man by the Virgin Mary was preexisting as a man in Heaven with God in the beginning. There is no scripture that says that.

I believe that The Word of God is God and is one with the Father as the Lord God Almighty. The Word existed in the beginning with the Father and the Holy Spirit.
Is the Word a person like the Father is a Person

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where are you getting some of your ideas from?
The Bible .

It’s nothing I’m making up .

Is the Father a Person , is the Son a Person and the Holy Spirit .

And would you agree they are not each other, ie the same Person .

Or do you believe God is not a Person, not personal having no personality or qualities of personhood ?

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God the Father is God.
God the son, Jesus the word made flesh is God .
God the Holy Spirit is God.

Our God is the alpha and omega, the great I am.

Wishing nor saying Satan is dead is useless for fodder. His time is coming when he will exist only in the lake of fire!

Beware that you consume not one Another!

God will NOT be accepted in part!

Reactions: ChristisGod

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible .

It’s nothing I’m making up .

Is the Father a Person , is the Son a Person and the Holy Sprit .

And would you agree they are not each other, is the same Person .

Or do you believe God is not a Person, not personal having no personality or qualities of personhood ?

Why do you call God a person for?

I believe God who is Spirit had (mind/will/heart and emotion). I believe the Word of God (was the expressed image of God and his mind/will/heart and emotion), and the Holy Spirit of God was with them all in the beginning.

What you are talking about just confuses me when one says person. Like human being.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you call God a person for?

I believe God who is Spirit had (mind/will/heart and emotion). I believe the Word of God (was the expressed image of God and his mind/will/heart and emotion), and the Holy Spirit of God was with them all in the beginning.

What you are talking about just confuses me when one says person. Like human being.
Man was made in Gods image . What do you suppose that image is ?

Are you a person ?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God the Father is God.
God the son, Jesus the word made flesh is God .
God the Holy Spirit is God.

Our God is the alpha and omega, the great I am.

Wishing nor saying Satan is dead is useless for fodder. His time is coming when he will exist only in the lake of fire!

Beware that you consume not one Another!

God will NOT be accepted in part!

Thank you for the encouragement. Was there anything else you would like to share about the topic of Do Christians Sin? Do you blame the devil for the cause of people sinning? What are your thoughts on that.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man was made in Gods image . What do you suppose that image is ?

Are you a person ?

Listen Sir, Christophany,

what the heck is your point brother? Why do you keep pushing the subject? To me you are being rude, but you may not know that.

Jesus said this man I don’t care about traditions. Or what high thought people may have. I care what Jesus had stated.

God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Listen Sir, Christophany,

what the heck is your point brother? Why do you keep pushing the subject? To me you are being rude, but you may not know that.
This is called the debate forum is it not ?

This is where we defend what we believe . I’m happy to defend what I believe ask my a 1000 questions . Also we learn from asking and answering questions.

Would you be defensive like this to a person on the street asking you these questions?

The Bible tells us to give an answer to anyone who asks you questions about the hope you have but with gentleness and patience . Not being irritated or agitated . It should be a joy and a pleasure to share what you believe with others not a burden .

hope this helps !!!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is called the debate forum is it not ?

This is where we defend what we believe . I’m happy to defend what I believe ask my a 1000 questions . Also we learn from asking and answering questions.

Would you be defensive like this to a person on the street asking you these questions?

The Bible tells us to give an answer to anyone who asks you questions about the hope you have but with gentleness and patience . Not being irritated or agitated . It should be a joy and a pleasure to share what you believe with others not a burden .

hope this helps !!!

The topic is do Christians still sin. Thank you.

I wouldn’t never debate someone over the trinity, it’s a myth in itself, @Christophany so yes I would probably get rude in asking them to stop pushing the subject after having done answered them in truth.

I have been rude to people many times in my life. Not that it is a good thing to do.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The topic is do Christians still sin. Thank you.

I wouldn’t never debate someone over the trinity, it’s a myth in itself, @Christophany so yes I would probably get rude in asking them to stop pushing the subject after having done answered them in truth.
Ok thanks for answering and saying you deny the Trinity .

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for the encouragement. Was there anything else you would like to share about the topic of Do Christians Sin? Do you blame the devil for the cause of people sinning? What are your thoughts on that.

Yes believers commit sins. Sins of omission as well as commission for to him that KNOWETH to do good and doeth it not it is sin!

Sin is committed by the nature of the flesh and it is a constant battle against it and MUST be brought under subjection to God.

The enemy of our souls tempts us in trying to draw us away from God! He can torment,take all you have,make you sick, do whatever God allows him to by permission.

Attitude of arrogance is a sin as is not having love ,compassion and fellowship with the brethren!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok thanks for answering and saying you deny the Trinity .

You’re welcome. Would you have any scriptures to share when we are tending to fall in a pit of darkness that would encourage others here?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re welcome. Would you have any scriptures to share when we are tending to fall in a pit of darkness that would encourage others here?
A Christian in a pit of darkness ?

Not sure what you mean by that you will have to elaborate before I can comment

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t consider temptation as a pit of darkness , I consider it something that appeals to the flesh to take my mind and heart away from Christ .

Oh okay. I consider that we are tempted in the flesh to that tends to lead us from being in Gods presences and in to being away from him in darkness. Is there any scripture that helps when that happens?

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I bought this book and am gonna start reading it more now that I have gotten sober thanks and praise be to God have you ever read it before?

I have studied the book. I haven't read every word.

Alfred Edersheim is better. He was an Orthodox Jewish convert to Christianity. You will get a better "perspective" from Edersheim. I would add him to your collection.