Do Demon's Dwell Within Christians?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can demons dwell within Christians?

• Yes they do

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • No they don't

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • I am not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do not believe in demons

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Justin Mangonel said:
Dear All,

The reason snipers are so dangerous in war is that they strive to remain hidden until they attack. In the same way demons try to remain hidden so that they can work their evil in secret until they attack.

Blessings,

Justin
I would think a sniper wouldn't want to give away his position period, if it's possible.

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Dear J,

That may be true but once the shot is fired I think it would indicate a problem for those fired upon.

These fallen beings like to remain hidden because it makes their evil intentions easier to accomplish. Ministers are especially vulnerable to this type of subterfuge because they want to project an image that their teachings work and therefore they pretend a lot. The demons in them are tearing them an their families apart yet they carry on (at least to those on the outside) as if nothing has happened. This is where you get PK kids from. Pastors children live the hypocrisy and often times reject it along with God.

I was reading you tag line scriptures. Seems you are concerned with false prophets, heretics, and those who transgresseth. What does that really mean to you and why are you so concerned about such people? It seems to me that you have little control over such people if they do abound. Do you see yourself as a voice of reason in a sea of deception?

I wonder what our role ought to be in this regard. Are all those who disagree with our fundamental doctrines automatically thrown into these categories? What if we are the ones that are in the wrong and those we accuse of false teachings, heresies, and transgressions are in fact right. Are we so mature in the Lord that we will see the error of our ways without a Damascus road experience? Are we so opened minded that we will allow the scripture presented by others we disagree with to modify or even radically change our belief system?

Has God chosen us to earnestly contend for the faith and is that faith what we believe? Are we mistaken to assume that our set of doctrines are the the faith we should contend for? Perhaps we are wrong in some areas?

I suppose an extreme example of this type of doctrine police is CRI. They feel called to examine everyone for orthodoxy as they define it. Personally, I think what they do is a manifestation of demons who seek to control God's elect through fear and intimidation. How can God's people personally experience Him if others are always telling them how they can believe? Is not God big enough to lead His own people? I don't think they believe so else they would quit what they are doing.

Blessings,

Justin

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Did not read any of the posts (9 pages lol :eek: :lol: ), but some one has probably said what I'm about to.

Can demons dwell within Christians ?

No, they can not. Since the believer has the Precious and Mighty Holy Spirit inside them, no demon has the guts (or ability even if they wanted to) to enter that person, since the Holy Spirit is already there.
Now I do believe a Christian can have demons around them, and attatched to them, but definately not inside them.

Demon oppression yes.

Demon posession no.

Edited for spelleen airers.

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Justin Mangonel said:
Dear L,

Have you ever dealt with a demon and if you have where did the speak from?

Blessings,

Justin
Dear Justin :) ,
Did you mean "where did 'he' speak from" ? Or "where did the speak 'form' " ? Sorry, I got confused :)
I have dealt with demons on several occassions. They use to bother me quite fuequently when I was sleeping, when they knew I was at my most defenseless. They would come and lay down on top of me. Very ugly feeling. Once, one even whispered in my ear that it was gonna kill me if I wasn't a good little girl.
Now, please don't think that I am merely dreaming when this occurs, for the sheer evilness of their presence wakes you up, and I mean you are fully awake by then, believe me, lol !!
Then there was the year and a half I lived with my husband. He was possessed by several I believe. And you could just see the utter selfishness in his eyes. And the hatred. It was not human for sure. The only way I can describe it by words is his eyes looked 'flat'.
You learn to deal with demons in that aspect as well. In a day to day basis so to speak.
I guess having to deal with them so much earlier on in life, I am now no longer afraid of them. In fact, I now challenge them when they dare to enter my room, or sometimes simply ignore them out of boredom, which makes them leave. So what was once a daily occurance, now only happens very rarely. They need a captive audience you see..... :lol:

In short, I am no longer afraid of them. In fact, I pity them. For I know their end, and so do they.

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Dear L,

Sounds like you have had your fair share of demonic dealings. So, what I was getting at is when demons speak out of someone they usually speak out of their mouths and use their voice. To me, this indicate that they are in them and not just somewhere outside of them. I have seen this happen a lot with Christians also. That is why I believe demons can indwell a person even if they Spirit filled.

Blessings,

Justin

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Justin Mangonel said:
Dear L,

Sounds like you have had your fair share of demonic dealings. So, what I was getting at is when demons speak out of someone they usually speak out of their mouths and use their voice. To me, this indicate that they are in them and not just somewhere outside of them. I have seen this happen a lot with Christians also. That is why I believe demons can indwell a person even if they Spirit filled.

Blessings,

Justin
Demons are terrified of our Almighty God. How can a demon occupy a human's body and share it with God's own Spirit ? Maybe that person is not really a Christian. Just an incredible simulation. I call them pseudo Christians.
Or perhaps they denounced Christ and then became possessed. I know God forgives anything if we confess, but in His all knowing, He knows who will never again repent and their denouncement is final. So He turns them over. This is my ex. I just know that I know that I know he will never come to Christ. It is an inner knowing from God.

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Dear L,

If a demon speaks out of a persons mouth then the demon is in the person. I think it is basically pride that does not allow some to believe they can be a habitation for demons but unfortunately that is the case some times. Many time we think we are more holy that we are. God wants us to drive out all the demons but if we fail to do so some remain and become strongholds and vex us.

Blessings,

Justin

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Justin Mangonel said:
Dear L,

If a demon speaks out of a persons mouth then the demon is in the person. I think it is basically pride that does not allow some to believe they can be a habitation for demons but unfortunately that is the case some times. Many time we think we are more holy that we are. God wants us to drive out all the demons but if we fail to do so some remain and become strongholds and vex us.

Blessings,

Justin
Ah well, seems we are at an impasse. I can never believe that a demon can possess someone who has the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. :)

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi laid renard,

No-one is suggesting a Christian can be 'possessed', in the way possession is described in certain instances in the New Testament. If you read enough of the thread, you may realise that something slightly different is under discussion.

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
dragonfly said:
Hi laid renard,

No-one is suggesting a Christian can be 'possessed', in the way possession is described in certain instances in the New Testament. If you read enough of the thread, you may realise that something slightly different is under discussion.
Dear dragonfly,

Read post # 246. :)

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Dear L,

Well, where exactly do demons influence people from...a certain number of inches outside their body?

Blessings,

Justin

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
laid renard said:
Dear dragonflyit, Read post # 246. :)
Hi laid,

I read the post. I'm writing on a mobile device, so it's tricky for me to copy and paste URLs. Therefore, please would you search for Jim Logan's audio series called Spiritual Warfare, (delivered to a Christian conference about Christians and the children of Christians) which is on sermonindex.net, and listen to the talk on Demonic Manifestations?

If, after you've listened to the testimony of as experienced a deliverance minister as Jim Logan, you still believe your theological theory trumps the experiences of God's power and love which he describes, that is between you and God. May you seek grace to help in time of need.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Justin Mangonel said:
Dear L,

Blessings,

Justin
Do you mean self professed christians? Or are you referring to those whom move in your circles?

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Dear J,

I have heard demons speak out of many different types of Christians during demonic deliverance. Seems that we are all infested to various degrees. That is not to say that we are evil or bad people but rather just an acknowledgement of the fact that none of us are completely delivered yet. People make the mistake of thinking that peoples evil actions are just themselves but often times when they really get out of sorts it is them plus whatever demon or set of demons they have amplifying the sin. Demons push their agenda by amplifying the thoughts, emotions, and actions that further their plan to damn our souls or the souls of those we have contact with.

For instance, why do people who shoot someone then commit suicide? If they thought that the person needed killing that badly why then take their own life? Some times, I believe, people are under demonic influences that cause the anger, hurt, or jealousy they feel towards to someone to blow up out of all proportion. When the evil deed is done the demon leaves or at least retreats and the person realized the heinous deed they have just committed and in a fit of despair and perhaps even remorse take their own life. The demon gets a two-fer.

People want to make demon possession an either/or proposition. Either you are filled with the Holy Spirit or you are demon possessed. It is more complicated than that.

Blessings,

Justin

Reactions: dragonfly

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i do not think it matters if demons can possess Christians or not. What difference does it make if you hide from God behind personal sin or a demon? both situations are ultimately the result of your actions and both interfere with your redeeming relationship with God.

I tend to believe that I am my own worse enemy and rather than blame my sin on demons, I find it more productive to take full responsibility and go towards God for forgiveness.

I also think it is a bit ironic that many Christians attribute so much power to a create being - 'demons can disrupt freewill'; yet preach a God who is rendered powerless in the face of human freewill, while making the claim that He is omnipotent!

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Dear A,

Actually, it makes quite a bit of difference. Fighting an enemy you are aware of is one thing but fighting an enemy you are not aware of allows them to do bad things to you in complete anonymity. People who don't want to believe the truth about demons make up all manner of excuses why they don't have to deal with them or, worse yet, why they don't even exist. Jesus himself dealt with them and so why shouldn't we? It is high time we humble ourselves and start to accept the truth so that we can fight the good fight against them.

Blessings,

Justin

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
actually J,

I see just the opposite happening - Christians who believe in the power of demons to control humans blaming their sin on an external force rather than taking responsibility for it. Just think if adam took responsibility for eating the fruit instead of blaming and Eve did the same without blaming the serpent?

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
I don't think we can be posessed and christian at the same time jesus said a kingdom can not divided against itself God appointed powers for reasons. At times our own foolish behavior can make make us subserviant to a demon or a dark power these are often invaluable learning experiences, or we in our broken human nature are just doing something really stupid.