Do forums increase your faith?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was on another "Christian " forum but it seemed there were more atheists and agnostics than Christians. Even most of the Christians there are evolutionists. It put me constantly defending my faith. On this forum the issue has been the deity of Christ. Does talking about these things increase your faith or cause you to doubt? Discussions about the Trinity and the deity of Christ have been run in the ground here. Do you find your faith strengthened by these conversations or does it cause you to doubt?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I was on another "Christian " forum but it seemed there were more atheists and agnostics than Christians. Even most of the Christians there are evolutionists. It put me constantly defending my faith. On this forum the issue has been the deity of Christ. Does talking about these things increase your faith or cause you to doubt? Discussions about the Trinity and the deity of Christ have been run in the ground here. Do you find your faith strengthened by these conversations or does it cause you to doubt?

Unfortunately, christian forums are infected with heretics, who will try to ruin your faith.

How do you find out who they are?

A.) Just find out if they believe that you can lose your salvation.

If they believe this, then they will be all over a christian forum talking about this, 24/7.... so that they might deceive you into believing it.
If you already do, then someone has completed in your life, one of the devil's main reasons for them to be on a christian forum, or preaching from a pulpit.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately, christian forums are infected with heretics, who will try to ruin your faith.

If they believe this, then they will be all over a christian forum talking about this, 24/7.... so that they might deceive you into believing it.
If you already do, then someone has completed in your life, one of the devil's main reasons for them to be on a christian forum, or preaching from a pulpit.
I believe in the security of the believer.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I was on another "Christian " forum but it seemed there were more atheists and agnostics than Christians. Even most of the Christians there are evolutionists. It put me constantly defending my faith. On this forum the issue has been the deity of Christ. Does talking about these things increase your faith or cause you to doubt?

Talking about these things increases my faith.

Discussions about the Trinity and the deity of Christ have been run in the ground here. Do you find your faith strengthened by these conversations or does it cause you to doubt?

I find my faith strengthened by these conversations. By no means do they cause me to doubt.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say it makes me really understand and examine my faith more, to test it, to realize that it's not just a word to attach to me and say I truly believe. Do I live truly in faith, walk in faith in the Spirit of the Son and thus also the Father. And then by doing this it draws into play other associated and critical symbols and words not to be taken for granted, like the meaning of grace, salvation, and to question more: what is real sin, did I make up my own definition of sin along the way, and that it was not a sin at all, and did it just in case, out of fear, because someone telling me to act guilty about this or that etc., or did the Spirit of the Father convict me of it...etc.

I think it is great to have mixed inputs from this site on faith and it implication to other subjects as it makes me stronger in faith for my lord and also to my source of life, in the Father. Faith needs to be recalibrated and examined once in awhile; a healthy heart exercise for sure.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I personally don't think that forums have increased my faith but it has helped me to test my beliefs which is a good thing...as iron sharpens iron. I don't think that discussions re: the deity of Christ has made any impact on my original beliefs. :Broadly:Bless you!

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you find your faith strengthened by these conversations or does it cause you to doubt?
Neither.
I am confident enough in what I know to be true and why I accept it as true that the NAGGING of those that disagree does not cause doubt. At the same time, the relentless droning of negative discussions that pass for Christian conversation on most (if not all) forums is about as far from ‘strengthening’ as being mugged is from ‘exercising’.

It just gets old and tired.
At which point, I take a time out to find another way to invest my time … typically for one to three months … that has nothing to do with forums of any kind. Sort of a forum ‘detox’ or ‘cleanse’ to wash out all of the crap that has built up.

That is where I find the REAL WORLD useful. Returning to the church and small groups and bible studies and any place else where you can meet with real Christians, face to face, and be part of listening and encouraging real people with real problems places JESUS back at the center of Christianity faster than anything else that I know. The man whose wife just left and is suddenly struggling to raise a daughter alone cares NOTHING about the fine points of the Calvinism vs Arminianism debate. The woman that just started chemotherapy for her cancer that is no longer in remission does not want to debate the role of WORKS in salvation. Faced with real people with real problems desperate for real answers, MY prayers become a lot more REAL and URGENT … “Dear God, please give me something to help them and don’t let me say anything wrong. They have enough on their plate without my adding any harm. What can I do?”

Eventually, I can return to the forums and just smile at the same-old same-old nothing-burger.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I learned scripture better on forums like this. God has increased my faith by himself. I don't know that forums have increased my faith. If anything I'm constantly casted doubt.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christian forums are battlegrounds between Light and Darkness. That is consistent with what we read in Ephesians 6. It is therefore incumbent upon each one to diligently study the Word of God and ask God to reveal the truth.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Does talking about these things increase your faith or cause you to doubt?

Do you find your faith strengthened by these conversations or do they cause you to doubt?

You haven’t answered the questions which you posed. I’m interested in hearing your answer because I’m interested in you, but you don’t have to give it publicly or privately.

If talking about these things doesn’t increase your faith, that’s one thing. If it decreases your faith, that’s another. If I found myself with decreasing faith then I would exit the discussion.

If you find that your faith isn’t strengthened by these conversations, that’s one thing. If you find that it weakens your faith, that’s another. If I found myself with weakening faith then I would exit the conversation.

If the discussion and conversations are causing you to doubt, what exactly are they causing you to doubt?

Are you concerned that they might shipwreck your faith?

Are you concerned that they might shipwreck the faith of others?

Reactions: GracefulWarrior

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
@RLT63 do you want me to doubt my faith?

I know there are some here who do. I don’t currently perceive you as someone who does.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you find your faith strengthened by these conversations or does it cause you to doubt?

It doesn’t affect my faith either way, though it grieves my spirit at times.

It helps me to understand why there’s so many Christian sects: and it’s because many do not adhere 100% to the Bible by means of allowing scriptures to be explained away to no effect.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
christian forums are infected with heretics, who will try to ruin your faith.

Yeah, that’s the only testing formula to expose heretics, huh?

Top of the list should be scripture deniers.

But Denying and twisting scriptures is of no use to you in detecting heretics.

I wonder why…

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the security of the Believer is JESUS.

“But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken; The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.” (Luke 12:45-46)

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@RLT63 do you want me to doubt my faith?

I know there are some here who do. I don’t currently perceive you as someone who does.
I'm not trying to change your mind. This forum is more encouraging than the other one. Most of my discussions there had become to be about politics. It didn't cause me to doubt but it was depressing that so many people there weren't Christians. There was a lot of discussion about creationism versus evolution and science versus the Bible. My conversations at this forum have caused me to do more research and be aware of what others believe but not to doubt. It just seems most of the discussions are pertaining to two subjects

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I'm not trying to change your mind.

That’s good. Those who try to change the minds of others will fail every time.

This forum is more encouraging than the other one. Most of my discussions there had become to be about politics. It didn't cause me to doubt but it was depressing that so many people there weren't Christians.

The majority of the world’s population isn’t Christian. I don’t think that should depress Christians; I think that should motivate Christians.

There was a lot of discussion about creationism versus evolution and science versus the Bible. My conversations at this forum have caused me to do more research and be aware of what others believe but not to doubt. It just seems most of the discussions are pertaining to two subjects

People discuss topics that are important and / or of interest to them.

Reactions: GracefulWarrior