Do Full Body Scans/searches Illustrate Something More?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Great Depression... Unemployment was what, 25%?
We aren't anywhere near that.

I won't call this a Depression yet. The government is artificially preventing it from being so. But as with all houses of cards, they fall down. We'll sail right by the Great Depression and we will see the Great Destruction in a couple years in my opinion.
2011 will start the downslide. The question is how fast the rest of the world and the people react to it, the question is if other countries do anything to keep the world economy afloat (And again- this only delays it). So the Great Destruction might happen overnight or it could take another year or two- but there's just nothing I see that will keep the economy afloat.

I think your quote of GD unemployment rate of 25% is pretty close.

The official definition of a depression is when a recession lasts two or more years. It has nothing to do with unemployment rates. The media simply will not report our present financial condition as a depression even though we are in it up to our necks.

My unoffical definition included bankers and profiteers in the ranks of the unemployed.

The oligarchs will not be added to the rolls of the umemployed as they were in the 1930's because tax payer money is being used to reward them for their dishonesty.

According to charts I've looked up recently the national unemployment rate as of 1/12/11 was hovering around 9% or so.
The problem with this figure is that it tracks all those who are on benefits. When a person stops getting benefits they are not generally reported as being unemployed even though they may be. Here on the west central coast of Florida the unemployment rate is way over 12%, but again the figure only tracks those on the dole.

An accounting professor of mine once said, "figures don't lie, but liars can figure." Truer words were never spoken. The media and the government will use manipulated figures to justify their claims that things are improving or that things aren't really that bad. Tell that to people that line up at the unemployment office every morning. The parking lot, a mere three blocks from my home, is PACKED every day. That doesn't tell me that things are improving.

It tells me that we are in a depression.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
I'm a member of the military preparing to deploy in a few months and I doubt anyone would call me a fool for serving just because Obama is in office.
Not a fool but I do question why people are joining the military right now outside of a career choice.

The military is going far beyond protecting this country and its freedoms. In fact it's being used to do the opposite.

I totally don't understand the hero status we give to our soldiers nowadays. During WWII that was one thing- Americans were killed on our own land. Our military was protecting their home country.

You can't argue that the Middle Eastern conflicts are protecting America. They are about advancing agenda.

john.labandera

Feb 19, 2011
Traveling
Not a fool but I do question why people are joining the military right now outside of a career choice.

The military is going far beyond protecting this country and its freedoms. In fact it's being used to do the opposite.

I totally don't understand the hero status we give to our soldiers nowadays. During WWII that was one thing- Americans were killed on our own land. Our military was protecting their home country.

You can't argue that the Middle Eastern conflicts are protecting America. They are about advancing agenda.

For one, Americans were NOT killed on our own land during WW2. We fought in Europe, Africa, and Asia. Hawaii was not a state during WW2.

Also, the Middle Eastern Conflicts are counter-terrorist operations. If we don't hunt them down and kill them there, they will have the room and the resources over there to freely plan attacks for over here.

Our troops are keeping them at bay while the enemy is still overseas. With my experience in this profession, I have no doubt that this is true, as I have seen it all firsthand.

What you said about having an "agenda" is true. That agenda is trying to keep the peace in the middle east by hunting down and destroying terrorist networks. The middle east is where the majority of Muslim extremist are born, trained and operate. The middle east is a "strategic crossroads" as they Dept. of Defense calls it.

We're not over there for "oil' or some obscure political reason, we're there frankly to try and keep the world together and stop the genocide that would occur if al'qaida and all the other groups were allowed to move freely throughout the middle east.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
For one, Americans were NOT killed on our own land during WW2.
What do you think Pearl Harbor was?

Also, the Middle Eastern Conflicts are counter-terrorist operations. If we don't hunt them down and kill them there, they will have the room and the resources over there to freely plan attacks for over here.
We're doing far more than "counter-terror"... Being a member of the military you're barred from reading Wikileaks but take my word for it.

What you said about having an "agenda" is true. That agenda is trying to keep the peace in the middle east by hunting down and destroying terrorist networks. The middle east is where the majority of Muslim extremist are born, trained and operate. The middle east is a "strategic crossroads" as they Dept. of Defense calls it.

We're not over there for "oil' or some obscure political reason, we're there frankly to try and keep the world together and stop the genocide that would occur if al'qaida and all the other groups were allowed to move freely throughout the middle east.
LOL, if only you could read Wikileaks.

The entire reason and purpose for going over there was a blatant lie.

john.labandera

Feb 19, 2011
Traveling
What do you think Pearl Harbor was?

We're doing far more than "counter-terror"... Being a member of the military you're barred from reading Wikileaks but take my word for it.

LOL, if only you could read Wikileaks.

The entire reason and purpose for going over there was a blatant lie.

Again, Hawaii wasn't a state at that time, hence it was not US soil, that's all I was pointing out. And besides from that attack, EVERY other battle was overseas. Yes we were protecting our country from the Japanese, but in Europe we were fighting for world freedom, not just American freedom. That's why they call it WORLD war II.

You said you don't understand the "hero status" we give to our soldiers. I'm not in the Army, I'm in the Air Force, but I understand and appreciate the sacrifice they make.

Even IF our government is misusing our military for world political gain, you can't deny the sacrifices that our troops and their families make. The troops are not politicians, they're not responsible for the corrupt reasons we go to war, they just GO, without question, whether it's defending the homeland or going overseas to fight for another country's freedom.

If you think that what makes a man a hero is the manner or location in which he dies then you're dead wrong. It's not the death or the danger that makes them heroes, it's the fact that they volunteered and dedicated a certain portion of their life for OTHERS.

Vivian Cross said, "It is not how these men died that made them heroes, it's how they lived."

Also, what about Sept 11th? What about the attack on the USS Cole? What about the attacks on embassies all over the world? Kidnappings, daily bombings, and assassinations all over the entire middle east?

All these terrorist actions aren't some fabricated story used for political purposes. People can bend the truth about it any way they want to on the news but the FACT is, that there are many, many evil muslim extremists who don't just want to kick the US out of Iraq and Afghanistan, they want a one world government where the law is Shariah Islamic law and everyone who doesn't accept Islam will be killed. More people hold this view than you think. Only thousands are willing to fight in pockets here and there, but millions cheer them on and support them. Look at Iran. They hate the US and Israel and they support terrorist networks that want to kill US soldiers.

How is that a lie?

If we were to abandon all our bases in asia and africa, we would see MANY more attacks and attempted attacks like the one in NYC several months ago.

About the wikileaks, you're right, I haven't read them, and I'm not going to discuss them in this forum at all given my specific job in the military.

I will say however, that yes, there probably are a lot more things going on that all US citizens SHOULD know about.

I think our foreign policy needs to be completely revamped and government overall needs to be sized down in many ways.

So in a way, I see your viewpoint, and I agree with you to a certain extent in that there is a lot of crap going on in the world that the US probably shouldn't be involved in, but when it comes to terrorism, I think we should definitely be there to fight it no matter what country it is.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Again, Hawaii wasn't a state at that time, hence it was not US soil, that's all I was pointing out. And besides from that attack, EVERY other battle was overseas.
The US Naval Base, called Pearl Harbor, is indeed US Soil so try again.

Also, what about Sept 11th? What about the attack on the USS Cole? What about the attacks on embassies all over the world? Kidnappings, daily bombings, and assassinations all over the entire middle east?

All these terrorist actions aren't some fabricated story used for political purposes. People can bend the truth about it any way they want to on the news but the FACT is, that there are many, many evil muslim extremists who don't just want to kick the US out of Iraq and Afghanistan, they want a one world government where the law is Shariah Islamic law and everyone who doesn't accept Islam will be killed. More people hold this view than you think. Only thousands are willing to fight in pockets here and there, but millions cheer them on and support them. Look at Iran. They hate the US and Israel and they support terrorist networks that want to kill US soldiers.
I agree that they're evil. 9/11 was a one time event.
USS Cole happened 11 years ago.
These are your two events to justify being over there? LOL....

Who cares about embassies all over the world? If we weren't all over the world in the first place we wouldn't have embassies there.

It's a simple question. Is the US defending (note that word: DEFENDING) it's citizens by fighting there? No. We're not.
Read the terrorist newsletters sometime. AlQuada's. They already have ways around our protections for airplanes. There are huge gaping holes in the Mexican border to smuggle anthrax in and release it in subways.
Ask yourself why this doesn't happen???? Again, read their newsletter. Their goal is already accomplished. The US Government is doing their job for them. They're treating every day citizens like terrorists. Been on a plane lately? Why would they attack us now? Again, read their newsletter. They love what they've been able to accomplish. Another attack would unify us too much and cause the people to question the current methods, thus being detrimental to the Muslim cause.

If we were to abandon all our bases in asia and africa, we would see MANY more attacks and attempted attacks like the one in NYC several months ago.
And I call BS. There is nothing. Let me repeat that: NOTHING to prevent attacks to be repeated.
The illusion of a terrorist threat is just that: an illusion.

As a Christian (I'd assume) you should also realize the only way to stop the Islamic threat is Christ. We are trying to fight an ideology with military. It will NEVER, EVER work.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
So the guy who MONTHS ago who parked a car in times square was just pulling a prank? The explosives in his car were full of candy?
Where did you hear of the explosives from? Were you there? Did you see them?
By what method did you acquire the knowledge of the "attempted bombing"?

It doesn't even matter if it was real or not, but notice: He still manufactured a bomb, didn't he? LOL... He still was able to get to the point of setting one off, huh? Our illusion of protection is an illusion. We aren't protecting people from squat. If they want to bomb us, nothing will stop them.

Also, read the court deposition of the FBI agents involved, you'll find he wasn't tied to Islam. (What was in the actual court dockets was that he got mad about something else, it wasn't for jihad).

Also, I didn't just mention embassies, I mentioned the HUNDREDS of yearly Kidnappings, daily bombings, and assassinations.
Then people shouldn't be dumb enough to leave the country.

Are you talking about those reporters in N Korea? Maybe they shouldn't have crossed the border into N Korea???? I mean it takes a lick of common sense, people...

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
RJP34652,

You are thinking of Patrick Henry who said that.

Nathan hale said, "I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country."

Hale was an American hero and I know you're only trying to prove a point (which I agree with) but I wouldn't call him a fool. He was fighting for freedom through intelligence gathering on our enemies and he had no idea the political problems we would face today.

I'm a member of the military preparing to deploy in a few months and I doubt anyone would call me a fool for serving just because Obama is in office. I disagree with our president on some of his issues but I still feel like America is worth fighting for - on and off the battlefield.

I stand corrected with regard to the quotations above.

Whether you choose to admit it to yourself or not, as a member of the armed services of the united States you serve at the pleasure of president Obama and you do so IN VIOLATION of the law ! The following is the oath you swore. It's the same one I took decades ago for another unjust war.

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

Take a real good look at the first line. It says that the swearer will support and defend the Constitution of the united States. According to that document, the armed forces shall not be deployed for a war unless declared by an act of congress. Tell me anybody when such an act was passed for our invasions of Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya? (or Kuwait, Viet Nam or Korea for that matter)

In 1947 President Harry Truman signed the National Security Act which usurped congressional power to declare war into the hands of the executive branch. No war since 1948, when the law went into effect, has been legal BY OUR OWN LAW. That makes every serviceman that wore a uniform in a foreign combat zone since that time a criminal.

Are you offended yet? Go back and read the entire oath again. Read it carefully. Is there ANY word in there about serving the country? None whatsoever. Every word is about allegiance to superiors from the president on down who have all collectively BROKEN the very constitutional law they've sworn to uphold.

Nathan Hale as well as Mr. Henry were fighting for liberty, not freedom. Big difference. There's no such thing as freedom in a political sense. Liberty, on the other hand, generally means that the government is restricted INSTEAD OF the population. Quite the reverse of what we have today, wouldn't you agree?

America is indeed worth fighting for, but the battles on foreign shores today have nothing to do with our loss of liberty at home. Many believe they are nothing less than a power struggle for resources and political influence.

SIR, you are under the obligations of your own conscience with regard to military service. Do what you feel you must do, but do not for one minute fool yourself into believing that you are defending America. The biggest problem with America today is that we are drunk on militarism and war. We shall pay a terrible price for our arrogance.

In my own experience, when a man goes overseas he is surrounded by his comrades in uniform. He is forced by duty and circumstance to focus on where he is and what he is doing. His vision becomes myopic and focused in the extreme. Rare is the man who realizes what his actions are actually accomplishing, who actually sees the big picture.

The big picture is that the current American wars are unjust, illegal and morally offensive to everyone on the planet except Americans. Do what you want to do, but don't fool yourself into thinking it's something noble, because it isn't.