• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, you do.

That's not a popular opinion these days, but it is Biblical when you consider the whole of the scripture.

It's tough because so many churches compromise the Word. They are more about warm bodies in the pews than they are about truth. It's tough, but believers belong in fellowship and worship with other believers and that means in person.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dealing with difficult people and loving them is the point of going to church - we are called to serve the sick

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, you do.

That's not a popular opinion these days, but it is Biblical when you consider the whole of the scripture.

It's tough because so many churches compromise the Word. They are more about warm bodies in the pews than they are about truth. It's tough, but believers belong in fellowship and worship with other believers and that means in person.
Exactly

Reactions: FHII

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The amount of heresy that abounds here.

The truth often does alienate you from the world.

it seems to me that everyone is either trying to work out their understanding of doctrine or declaring their understanding as absolute truth. Good thing God is patient

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To the question, "Do I have to go to Church", I believe the answer would be 'no, you don't have to go but you ought to go.'.

Reactions: DNB

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To the question, "Do I have to go to Church", I believe the answer would be 'no, you don't have to go but you ought to go.'.
Why so we can be joined to the harlot.

1Co 6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
1Co 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
1Co 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honestly I go to church because I like it. If I didn’t like it, I wouldn’t go, but I would also stop calling myself Catholic because going to Mass is mandatory

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
These days going to the doctors office or hospital is risky because you are more likely to catch something.
Going to church ditto...churches often mess more people up than they help them

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Honestly I go to church because I like it. If I didn’t like it, I wouldn’t go, but I would also stop calling myself Catholic because going to Mass is mandatory
People go to mcdonalds because they like it, some sniff petrol and glue, bu t none of what the like is necessarily good for them, and we where warned of that..

Act 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
Act 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
Act 20:30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People go to mcdonalds because they like it, some sniff petrol and glue, bu t none of what the like is necessarily good for them, and we where warned of that..

Act 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
Act 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
Act 20:30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

and people skip their vegetables and the gym even though they know they are healthy choices.

Reactions: Helen

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1Co 6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
1Co 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
If you wish to call the Body of Christ a harlot, that is your dime, not mine. Besides, the passage you quoted has nothing to do with going to Church but rather fornication. Maybe you need better teaching than you get on YouTube?

Mike Waters

Jan 8, 2020
Holt
slideshowart2.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No basis for this in Scripture.

You really do write with what seems to me to be an unwarranted degree of dogmatism.
Could you not just add the occasional 'IMO'?
I know of a group that claims scriptural basis, and they are as sincere as yourself ....(and maybe equally sincerely wrong).

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you wish to call the Body of Christ a harlot, that is your dime, not mine. Besides, the passage you quoted has nothing to do with going to Church but rather fornication. Maybe you need better teaching than you get on YouTube?
Well you see men do, Christs church lets see,

Act 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Act 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
Act 7:50 Hath not my hand made all these things?
Act 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

So as you said, if you wish to Call His church a harlot, thats between you and Him

1Pe_2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Whats Christ got to do with a harlot????

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
and people skip their vegetables and the gym even though they know they are healthy choices.
I dont got to Jim, I ride a bike.... Jim is a popular man, gets paid lots of money, when all people need to do is go foe a walk, its like Christ all one needs do is open there mouth and listen

Mat_4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Joh_6:32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.
Joh_6:33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

but if men prefer

Mat 16:6 Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Thats teh choice of men not Christ or God.

shipeichong

Jan 19, 2019
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Country
Singapore
If you can go to church, go. Church consists of believers who you can fellowship and love God together with.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You really do write with what seems to me to be an unwarranted degree of dogmatism.
Could you not just add the occasional 'IMO'?
I know of a group that claims scriptural basis, and they are as sincere as yourself ....(and maybe equally sincerely wrong).
Some things we MUST be dogmatic on. If you see me being dogmatic it is because it is a non-negotiable topic in my opinion. (See, I threw in an IMO for you)

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you went to church you might be a little more solid on your theology.