• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
These days going to the doctors office or hospital is risky because you are more likely to catch something.
Going to church ditto...churches often mess more people up than they help them

Too often the religious institutions are just repositories of spiritual diseases, infections, and contamination. I mean, here the devil has everybody that could threaten him in one place. (And that's nothing to sneeze at)

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you see men do, Christs church lets see,

Act 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Act 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
Act 7:50 Hath not my hand made all these things?
Act 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

So as you said, if you wish to Call His church a harlot, thats between you and Him

1Pe_2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Whats Christ got to do with a harlot????
what does all this have to do with 'ought I to go to church' (which was my original point)???

Hebrews 10:24-25 (KJV) And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is amazing how much nicer, and more Christ-like, the forum becomes if one or two people are put on ignore. :)

I have not 'ignored' anyone for a while...but this week I am thinking that I need to apply it Ignore button once again. I usually do it for a month and then try them out one more time :)

Reactions: prism and amadeus

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Too often the religious institutions are just repositories of spiritual diseases, infections, and contamination. I mean, here the devil has everybody that could threaten him in one place. (And that's nothing to sneeze at)

Rev 18:2
He gave a mighty shout: “Babylon is fallen—that great city is fallen! She has become a home for demons. She is a hideout for every foul spirit, a hideout for every foul vulture and every foul and dreadful animal.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is a question I receive a lot, most of the time in good faith, and decided to post a video about it. Anyone have anything to add to the discussion? I'd love to hear from others and their experience with this question.

May the Lord ad His blessing to His Word!

No one can go to church as you are the church so you can't go to yourself.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Very true, yet...as AngelBand said in his vid, some "Church's" are like walking into a big freezer, lol...my last Church was just like that, very un-welcoming! Tried as I might, could not seem to warm up to them, or they me. I love the idea of a home Church, always have yet-I still attend an organized Church building as my youngest sister is coming with me now and, I do not want to rock the boat, so to speak. My prayers for her over the last 3 years have been often and fervent that she would submit to God. I am still kind of pinching myself that she is still coming after 6 months! I enjoy my little bible study far more than the Church building with people who don't seem interested in getting to know others. I know that if I did not have at least that, I could burn out. :)

Do you know why you like your little bible study better? In case you don't here is the answer. It is the real deal. The other isn't.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Going to Church is a good idea !!!!!!!!!

Because you can always learn more ! And be with good people !

There is always some thing to see hear or learn......

Sorry, but what other jokes do you tell?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is a very old illustration, but still valid.
If a burning coal falls out of the fire, how long will it remains hot burning coal?
The place for burning coals is in the fire.

A challenge for all 'mature' Christians who will not attend church is not do you get out of church but what do you contribute.

Face facts windmill, the mature Christian is so often the one person the pastor fears the most because if he gives him something to do he will be shown up to be the shallow person that he is. I have one theological degree, one undergrad uni degree, and two post-grad uni degree. I am a uni trained teacher, have taught complex subjects that need specialized knowledge to high school students. I have been told through prophecy that I have been given the gift of teaching but have yet to be in a single church that utilises these skills and abilities because I am not "ordained" by man, only by the Holy Spirit and the secular world.

I have had to sit through sermons given by trained denominational pastors and the whole thing has been a joke from start to finish. I call it resplendent rubbish. I have sat through sermons given by female leaders where verses have been taken totally out of context to prove that God approves of female leaders.

Nuf said as the fact is for too many leaders they are there for their benefit, not the benefit who have to suffer their machinations.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is that out that.. but as a preacher man use to say preaching is like eating chicken, you eat the meat throw the bones away . if you go to Church expecting looking for something from the Lord odds are you will get it . Church . the local assembly is important .it has been said if you find the perfect church and start going. it won't be perfect very long your/ we are there,

A lady went to her Pastor and said “Pastor, I won't be going to your church anymore.” The Pastor responded “But why?” The lady said “Ah! I saw a woman gossipping about another member; a man that is a hypocrite; the worship team living wrong; people looking at their phone during service; among so many other things wrong in your church.”

The Pastor replied “OK. But before you go, do me a favor: take a full glass of water and walk around the church three times without spilling a drop on the ground. Afterwards, leave the church if you desire.” The lady thought: too easy! She walked three times around the church as the Pastor had asked. When she finished she told the Pastor she was ready to leave.

The Pastor said, “Before you leave I want to ask you one more question. When you were walking around the church, did you see anyone gossipping?” The lady replied “No.” “Did you see any hypocrites?" The lady said "No." "Anyone looking at their phone?” “No.” “You know why?” “No.”

“You were focused on the glass, to make sure you didn't stumble and spill any water. It's the same with our life. When we keep our eyes on Jesus, we don't have time to see the mistakes of others. We will reach out a helping hand to them and concentrate on our own walk with the Lord."

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These days going to the doctors office or hospital is risky because you are more likely to catch something.
Going to church ditto...churches often mess more people up than they help them
Unfortunately most churches teach people to quench the Holy Spirit. When we have encountered a place where the Holy Spirit always leads or at least that they really try to teach people to follow the Spirit, that would be a place to attend.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know why you like your little bible study better? In case you don't here is the answer. It is the real deal. The other isn't.

Yes @marksman , I agree 100%. I wish more Christians would catch onto this but...so many I know, do not seem to want to get into the meat of scripture, or real fellowship for that matter :(

Reactions: marksman